017

Lost and Found

 

“It may not make a lot of sense now,” Sehun said as they stepped out of the elevator, Sammy glanced at him again.

“But in a way, your mother’s lawyers are also trying to protect what’s yours while keeping Korea Air safe.” Sehun finished.

“I know, with that man always hanging around her, the company really has to be safeguarded.” She commented as they reached the lobby.

“You’re still suspicious about that Hong Daehwi?” Sehun asked her as he gestured for the valet to bring her car around.

“Sehun, I don’t even have his address. The only thing I know about him is that, right now, he’s living at my mother’s pent house.”

“What are you trying to say, young miss?” Sehun urged her to move forward.

“He joined Korea Air two years ago,” She said as she crossed her arms.

“And, a few months after that, from what I’ve heard, eomma and appa started to have problems.”

Sehun paused, he could see how Somin was having a hard time to explain things.

“I think you know what I’m trying to imply, lawyer ahjussi. And I know it sounds bad, especially coming from me, but…it’s just…it seems so..”

“Perfectly timed?” Sehun met her gaze as they walked towards her car.

“Yeah, I’ll see you tonight?” She asked as she faced him, Sehun nodded.

“I’ll be there. Drive safely.” He said as he opened the door for her, Sammy chuckled before sliding into the car.

“Hey, wait up.” Sehun stopped her from closing the door, Sammy looked at him questioningly.

“How..How are you holding up?” He asked as he leaned over the car, Sammy shook her head.

“With the divorce and Jaebum?”

“Yeah, and with the whole adjusting to working in Korea thing.” Sehun said playfully.

“I’m trying not to have an anxiety attack over my new job, but other than that, I’m cool.”

“Really?” He grinned at her, Sammy rolled her eyes at him.

“I’ll have the paperwork sent to your office by Tuesday, and don’t worry, I’ll call Korea Air myself in case you more questions.” Sehun nodded at her.

“Thanks, lawyer ahjussi. I’m starting to feel like I’m overstepping my boundaries.” She said to him.

“You are.” He mused before closing the door for her. Sammy laughed as she started the engine.

She gave him a small wave before driving away from the building, Sehun chewed on the insides of his cheeks before heading back to his office.

 

 

Chanyeol smiled as he watched his cousin climb up the platform, she walked towards the podium and exhaled.

The reporters were all waiting on her words, she glanced up and met her cousin’s gaze briefly. She smiled before clearing .

“Hello, good evening.” She greeted them warmly.

“As you all know; I have just been hired.” She said in a light tone that caused the crown to laugh.

“I’m Park Somin, and I have been working for Park Holdings in Singapore ever since I finished my education, a lot of you may have no idea who I am. It’s because I didn’t stay in Korea for a long time.”

“My sudden assignment here is in no way related to my parents’ divorce, to be hones you, I only found out when I arrived here.”

The reporters started to murmur amongst themselves, Somin flinched under the warm lights of the cameras.

“And, I am also here to announce that I will be staying with Park Holdings as director, I am not inclined to join Korea Air, the rumors are false. And, thank you for being here and hearing me out.”

Somin bowed politely before leaving the platform, Chanyeol was smiling at her as he waited for the double doors.

“Well, how was it?” She asked as the doors were opened for them.

“Perfect, Sammy.” He chuckled before kissing the side of her head.

“I’m glad you’re staying.”

 

 

“Wow, look at you, Samantha Park.” Jena whistled as she reached her friend, Sammy was wearing a nice midnight blue dress that dipped down at the front and had a slit that ended right above her left knee.

“Well, after my mother hears what I just said, she’ll probably storm in my office tomorrow.” She said as she got a drink from a passing waiter, she had just finished being chatted up by almost half of the board of directors and their spouses. And she was already feeling drained from all the polite smiles and small talk she had to make.

“Are you still sniffing around that boyfriend of hers?” Jena asked her, Somin nodded.

“I’m trying to find out just who exactly he is, but so far all I get is…a dead end.” She looked up and saw Kai chatting with Chen and Suho.

“But, what was that about you and Korea Air? Rumors have been flying around.”

Somin sighed and just hooked her arm around the girl’s, they started to walk towards the buffet table.

“That is not hard to deal with, but…there’s something..I just found out today.” She said, Kai walked towards them and offered Jena a drink.

“What?”

Sammy faced Kai, her brows met briefly.

“Did you know that Jaebum’s marriage is a political one?”

Jena halted, Kai paused and his eyebrows shot up.

“No. But why you do you know that?” He questioned her, Sammy bit her lip and shook her head.

“I just~”

“Sammy, don’t.” Kai cut her off, Samantha exhaled and finished her glass.

“Kai, I don’t have plans to talk to him, but this morning he called me up and spoke about~”

“Somin-ah!” Chanyeol was calling her, Sammy looked up.

tumblr_ohurim0YTB1sqfpcio1_400.gif

“Whoa, Oh Sehun at a social event.” Jena chuckled before taking a sip of her champagne.

“I heard that.” Sehun commented as they approached their group.

“Somin-ah, president Song from Woori Bank wants to speak with you.” Chanyeol said as he took her glass from her, she groaned.

Sehun chuckled and he started to look around the room, his forehead creased briefly as he noticed that there was photographer walking around the room, taking photos of the other guests.

“You should go and say hi.” The older Park nudged his cousin, Sehun looked at the girl again.

“Oppa, I ~”

“Come on, I’ll join you.” Sehun gently took her by the elbow and steered her towards the elderly couple.

“How do you know Woori Bank’s president?” Sammy murmured as they crossed the hall, Sehun placed her hand around his arm properly.

“Choi and Min’s VIP clients, just like your company.” Sehun said smoothly as they neared the couple, Sammy chuckled at him.

“What?”

“Is this also one of your obligations as my legal representative? Tow me around hot shot executives?” She mused at him, Sehun snorted at her.

“But, blue looks good on you.” He spoke, Sammy glanced at him, her eyes narrowing.

“Wow, did I just receive a compliment from the great pro bono lawyer?” She teased back.

“You look pretty.” He said in an assuring tone before pushing her towards the Woori Bank couple.

 

 

“Seeing them get along so well, it’s…nice.” Chaeyoung smiled to herself as they sat down. Kai followed her gaze and he grinned.

“It’s unexpected, yes. But…wow.” Jena mused back.

“I’m worried for Sammy, I mean, how does she handle all this?” Chaeyoung started as she looked at her plate.

“Being assigned here without prior notice, having to find out about her parents’ divorce from strangers and that ex of hers trying to get back into her life again.”

“About that, noona.” Kai started, Jena was staring at the entrance doors, her brows went up when she saw Sammy’s mother and her new beau walk in the room.

“Kai,~”

“Jaebum said some pretty interesting things about Sehun.”

“Huh?”

“Apparently, he’s been doing his research. I feel like he feels challenged by Sehun.” Kai said as he sliced the steak on his plate.

“Challenged?” Chaeyoung grew intrigued.

“Jaebum’s been running background checks on Hun.”

“Oh, that’s rich,” Chaeyoung chortled.

And then Jaebum walked in the party, Jena balked in surprise.

“Speaking of the devil.” She muttered and then she followed his gaze, he was staring at Sehun and Somin who were chatting by the bar. Somin was speaking animatedly as Sehun nodded along while smiling. Jena’s brows rose and her expression softened.

There was something there. From the way Sehun was looking at her as she spoke and from the way his lips would quirk up every time he replied to her.

And then Jaebum reached them. And Mrs. Park and Hong Daehwi followed.

“Guys, look!”

 

 

Chanyeol was speaking with some of his colleagues when he noticed someone familiar walk in, he mentally winced.

Of course, the Ims were a long time family friend, but he had assumed that Jaebum would have the sense not to attend the part for Somin. He set his drink aside and was about to approach him when someone patted his back.

“Chanyeol-ah,”

He turned and halted. It was his aunt, Somin’s mother and the male standing beside her was none other than Hong Daehwi. The same Hong Daehwi who’s photo was stuck on the dart board at the game room in his house. Sammy loved playing darts especially with his face on the target.

“Auntie,” He greeted her quickly, the elder smiled and patted his hand.

“I’m here to see my daughter. Where is she?”

“She’s here.” Daehwi spoke and patted her hand, Chanyeol sighed as Sammy’s mother started to walk towards her and Sehun.

“See? That wasn’t so bad.” Sehun said as they pulled away from the couple.

“They asked me if I was already married, Sehun. They didn’t even congratulate me first.” She muttered, he chuckled and offered his arm to her.

“Somin-ah,”

Sammy paused and glanced behind them, she dropped her hand to her side as she faced the male. Sehun followed her gaze and his brows rose.

“Im Jaebum.” Her tone wasn’t welcoming at all, she reached for the sleeve of Sehun’s coat and gently tugged him back behind her. Sehun grew confused at her actions.

“I came to congratulate you and welcome you back.” Jaebum spoke softly.

“Well, a text would have sufficed.” She replied coolly, Sehun glanced at the girl again, she was being cold towards the other male.

“Somin, look, I’m sorry for saying those things but~”

“Oh, look what we have here, Jaebum and my daughter!” Mrs. Park suddenly appeared before them, Sehun’s eyes widened. He glanced over his shoulder and saw Kai smirking at him.

Somin’s grip on his sleeve tightened.

“Aigoo, seeing you two talking brings back the old times.” She chuckled before giving Jaebum a hug. Somin exhaled and looked away, she was fully aware of the eyes that were on her.

“We’ll be heading to our table then.” She said under her breath as she tried to turn away, but her mother caught her arm.

“Somin, wait,” She frowned at her, Somin bit her lip.

“I wanted to see you, daughter. I came here to congratulate~ Oh, lawyer Oh!” She was surprised to see the familiar male beside her daughter.

“Good evening, samonim.” Sehun bowed politely and offered her a small smile. Jaebum looked around them and bit his lip.

“You know him, auntie?” Jaebum joined in, Somin’s eyes went to him. Sehun tensed and gently tugged Somin back to his chest.

Somehow he had a bad feeling about what Jaebum was about to say.

“Why, of course, yes. He’s Somin’s legal representative at our meetings.”

“Ah, really? You don’t know yet.” Jaebum chuckled and took a step forward, Somin fists curled up.

“Don’t know what?” Mrs. Park looked at the youngsters.

 

 

“She’s seeing him. They’re together.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++