006

Lost and Found

 

Somin strode into the office and some of the employees were confused.

“We’re here for manager Jang Hoshik. Tell him to come out.” Somin spoke, the female employee stood up.

“We’re sorry, ma’am but manager Jang is quite~” She halted when she saw the two male security guards step into the room.

“Tell him to move while I’m asking nicely, or I’ll have these two ahjussis drag his out here.” She stated.

“She’s young miss Park. Park Somin agasshi.” One guard spoke, Sehun grew amused at the speed of employees standing up and greeting her politely.

“I know you probably are aware of why a lawyer wants to see your manager, so,” She gestured towards Sehun.

“If in any way, you felt that you were violated or manager Jang overstepped boundaries, please, please, contact laywer Oh. Park Holdings is willing to cooperate.” Somin said kindly, Sehun blinked at her, impressed.

“Ah, so you know how to this type of thing too.” He commented.

“Don’t rain on my parade, ahjussi.” She said under her breath, Sehun let out a smile.

“Who dares to threaten me?!” A male voice echoed, Somin looked up just as a balding middle-aged man came to view.

“What do you want?! Is this some sort of sick sense of social justice~”

“Stop.” Somin raised one palm, he halted, his eyes narrowed at Somin then to Sehun.

“Wow, he does look like a .” Somin whispered at Sehun.

“Sam, please.” Sehun murmured, he was about to step in but the male walked towards Somin and went up to her face.

“Who the hell are you? Causing a ruckus in my department, so what if you’re a lawyer? You’re nothing but a nuisance here. Do you know who I am?” He yelled at her, Sehun’s forehead creased.

“You have a pretty face, but you don’t belong here, miss. You can tell that useless intern that she’s barking up the wrong tree.” His eyes travelled down to her neckline.

“I don’t think you should be talking to her like that. I’m the lawyer and,” Sehun stepped in, he steered Somin away from the male.

“So, it’s you, you should get the hell out~”

“And that’s my oppa.” Somin commented as she jutted her lips towards the door.

“Hyung.” Sehun blurted.

“Is that how you treat women at work?” Chanyeol commented as he walked into the room, everyone had gone still.

Jang Hoshik had gone a shade lighter as he kept his head down.

“Why are you giving lawyer Oh a hard time? He’s here because you messed up,” His eyes went to Somin.

“That is no way to talk to your superior. You should greet her properly. This is director Park Somin. She’ll be in-charge from now on.”

Sehun looked at Somin, she was eyeing Jang Hoshik with disdain.

“I heard about what you’ve been doing, you should take an indefinite leave of absence, I’ll ask HR to decide whether to let you stay, however if they prove what you are accused of,” Chanyeol’s eyes went to Sehun briefly.

“We’ll let the law take care of you.” He stated flatly before leaving the room.

“That’s my call, you good here?” Somin said to Sehun, he gave her a nod.

“Thanks, Sammy.” He said with a small smile before shaking her hand.

“Anytime, lawyer ahjussi.” She chuckled before following her older cousin.

 

 

“Wow, he actually has the guts to invite us. Do you think he sent one to Sammy?” Jena asked as she sat down.

Kai shook his head and put the invitation away.

“Well, not everyone knows that she’s back in town.”

“Do..Do you..Does she still?” Jena trailed off, Kai stood up from his chair and walked towards her.

“I don’t know, we..never really talked about it..properly.” He said as he sat down beside her, Jena frowned and sighed.

“He always has the ability to dampen moods, huh?” She commented as she leaned against Kai, he kissed the top of her head.

“I just wish they wouldn’t cross each other’s paths. I don’t like how he affects her a lot.”

“Somin never got over him, huh?” Jena asked softly.

“He was never worth it. She’s too good for him.”

 

 

“How do you know Sehun?” Chanyeol asked as they walked in one of the main offices.

“I met him through Kai the other day, you?”

“We met in college.” Chanyeol nodded simply.

“Anyway, oppa,” She took out a table and handed it to him.

“I took the liberty of studying our portfolio, you’re welcome.”

Chanyeol grinned at her as he took the gadget, Somin had already created a reported.

“What do you think about slowly leaning towards clean energy? Like, starting little by little? I’m not pushing or anything, it’s because I did this just last year, and things have been going well.” She said as she walked backwards to meet his gaze.

“Productivity have gone up, as well as sales, and the government doesn’t snoop around as much.” She recounted.

“Do you want oppa to think about it?” He recounted as he pulled her to the side slightly.

“I do.”

“Then, you can announce this at the party. I scheduled the anniversary party a week earlier so that you can be introduced properly.”

“Oppa!” She started to whine, Chanyeol chuckled.

“I have a meeting in a few minutes, why don’t you choose which restaurant you want to eat and I’ll meet you there?”

“Can you not with the party? I don’t feel like~”

“I’ll see you there, Sammy.” Chanyeol scrunched his nose at her before rushing to the elevator.

 

 

Somin entered the mall and her eyes started to roam around the stores.

“I’ve been away for so long.” She murmured to herself as she approached the escalators, she got on one and started to check the Internet for a good place to eat.

She started to pass by different restaurants, then she gave up. She just sent a quick text to her cousin before heading down to the ladies’ department store.

“I should get skincare products while I’m here.” She murmured as she approached the counter, then she felt someone walking behind her.

“Somin-ah?”

She spun around and her eyes widened, her grip on her phone tightened.

“Y—Yeah, hey.” She blurted, the male before him smiled shyly.

“I didn’t know you were in town, when did you get back?”

“J-Just a few days ago, h—how are you?” She bit her lip.

“I’ve been well, look,” He glanced behind him shortly then he turned to her.

“Why don’t we catch up? How about…tomorrow?” He asked her.

“Uhm, that’s sounds okay.” She nodded awkwardly, the male chuckled before leaning over to give her a quick hug.

“It’s really nice seeing you again.”

“You too, Jaebum-ah.”

Jaebum gave her a small wave before walking away, Sammy let out a big sigh as she made her way towards the cosmetics department with a small smile on her face.

 

“I really did bump into you.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++