022

Lost and Found

 

Are you sure about going alone?” Dave sked his boss as they walked across the lobby, employees would bow politely as Somin passed.

Yes, it’s fine, Dave.” She mused at him as her i8 appeared by the curb, the male nodded.

If Chanyeol oppa ever looks for me, tell him that I have an errand to run.

You want me to lie to the VP?” He balked at her, Somin chuckled.

Don’t worry, he wont be able to touch you. Enjoy your lunch.” She patted his arm before approaching her car.

Somin got in her car and started the engine, her phone buzzed and she opened the message.

Hi, remember me? Your friend. –Kai

She chuckled before dialing his number and speeding away from the vehicle.

“What is it, Kim Jongin?” She asked as he picked up, Kai grunted.

“I’ve been calling you the whole morning, where have you been?”

“Work. I had back to back meetings and a lot of documents that needed my signature, your highness. Is something wrong?” She said as she glanced at the GPS again.

“No, I just wanted to check on you. I heard your father dropped by the other day.”

Somin shook her head and leaned back on the seat.

“Yes, he did. I’m starting to think that it’s hopeless.” She murmured, Kai grew quiet.

“Sammy, it’s something you can’t control.”

“I know, at some point I did realize that what I wanted to happen wont matter to them. It’s their decision to make anyway.”

“Wow, Oh Sehun did talk some sense to you.” Kai chuckled lightly, Somin grinned.

“And, appa…appa seems to think the same thing too, Kai.”

“On what?”

“Hong Daehwi. Something’s not right about that man.” She stated flatly.

“Do you want me to look into it too?” Kai offered.

“That’s why I called.” She mused back, her friend snorted from the other line.

“I’ll see you this weekend then.”

 

 

Sehun looked up from his desk when one of his fellow senior partners walked in his office.

“S~”

“You don’t have to greet me; did you know about this?” The male asked as he placed the folder on his desk, Sehun immediately recognized Korea Air’s logo.

Sehun opened the folder and browsed through the documents, he paused.

“This is..strange, who arranged this?” He asked the older male, he was the one handling Mr. Park’s case.

“Miss Park’s grandfather, her mother’s father. It was signed five years ago.” He explained as he took a seat.

“Does the samonim know? This could implicate a lot of things, sunbae.” Sehun said carefully.

“That’s why I brought it to you, she just found out this morning. If Somin doesn’t sign this, then she will really have a headache.”

“Somin will love this, actually.” Sehun murmured to himself, the male laughed and stood up.

“I had a feeling you’d say that, you get along really well with her, lawyer Oh.”

“It’s not like that, sunbae.” Sehun sighed, the male grinned at him.

“Just talk to her about it, okay? We don’t want this divorce to get more controversial than it already is.”

 

 

Somin looked at the two story house before her, both floors had separate entrances and had their own parking space allotted.

She chewed on her lower lip before walking towards the door, she pressed the doorbell and took one step back.

It took a few seconds before the door finally swung open, revealing a middle aged man who was looking at her curiously.

“Yes?”

“Good afternoon, mister Cheon, right? Cheon Woojin?”

The male slowly nodded, Sammy smiled at him.

“I’m here to ask about your previous tenant. Do you know a Hong Daehwi?”

“Ah, Daehwi? Why, yes. Why do you ask?”

Samantha smiled to herself and took out a box of walnut cookies.

“Can I come inside? I have questions to ask about him. And it’s a sensitive topic, ahjussi.”

 

 

“Attorney,” Dave stood up from his seat as he saw Sehun appear by the main hall.

“Is Somin in? I tried calling her but she’s unreachable.” Sehun said kindly.

“Well, director left about two hours ago to meet someone. Would you like me to call her for you?”

Sehun nodded and ed his coat, Dave dialed for his boss’s number and he paused.

“Can’t reach her?” Sehun looked at him, the male nodded back.

“But, lawyer Oh, I can tell her that you~”

“Ya!” A deep voice echoed through the walls, Sehun looked up and saw Chanyeol running towards them.

“Hyung,” He spoke, confused.

“Where’s Sammy?” Chanyeol looked at the male secretary.

“She went out on an errand, vice president. What~”

“Where did she really go?” Chanyeol demanded, Sehun paused, something was wrong. Chanyeol wasn’t acting himself.

“She went to Hong Daehwi’s old address, sir.” Dave said apologetically, Sehun grew concerned.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?”

“I just got a report from the police, her car was discovered at Han River’s parking lot.”

Sehun was about to speak but then he saw two police officers step out from the elevator.

 

“Her car was in flames, Sehun-ah. And she still can’t be reached.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++