028

Lost and Found

Sammy watched as the three males escorted Nayoung back to her Bentley.

“How did she get in?” Jena muttered to herself, and then she looked at the two. Sehun was trying to meet Sammy’s gaze.

“Sammy, I~”

“Young master?” She finally looked up, Sehun paused, he was about to speak when the girl chuckled.

“That explains the abundance of cars and all those Kia jokes you guys thought I never heard.” She nodded to herself; Sehun swallowed and tried to reach for her hand.

“Sammy, I wasn’t planning on hiding that from you, I was~”

“Sehun, it’s okay. You don’t have to explain. Come to think of it,” She cleared she set her drink down.

“I think I already heard about you,”

Jena looked up, the girl was eavesdropping and no one bothered to tell her not to.

“Oh Jungbook’s only son. I met your father months ago at a conference in Singapore. He was complaining about his failure of a son. Imagine my surprise when he told me he graduated at the top of class and is already working for a large firm.”

“You know my father?” Sehun balked at her, the girl beamed before standing on her toes, she leaned closer and whispered softly.

“Don’t worry, I won’t still. It’s a client privilege.” She chuckled, Sehun grew confused.

“What are you talking about?”

“Kia Motors is one of Park Holdings’ biggest clients, and also my favorite.” She shrugged at him, Sehun shook his head.

“Somin, don’t~”

“I have to wash my hair.” Somin squeezed his arm before sidestepping him; Sehun’s eyes followed her as she pointed one finger at her cousin who was swimming at the pool. Chanyeol sighed and followed the girl, while Somin took Kai by the ear and dragged him towards the house.

 

 

“So, where is she now?” Daehwi asked as he stepped out of his office.

“She’s at a party with her friends.”

Daehwi nodded, they reached the elevator.

“Did you hear from Choi and Min? Any move regarding the divorce case?”

“Nothing yet, sir. Mister Park refuses to budge and will not even blink at the amount for settlement.”

Daehwi exhaled and shook his head.

“That old man is sure hard to deal with. Have someone tail Somin. I need to know her weaknesses.”

His secretary nodded, then the elevator doors opened before them. Misook smiled as she saw Daehwi.

“Oh, were you waiting for me?” She chuckled as the man took hooked her arm around his.

“Yeah, I made reservations for us at your favorite restaurant.” He said kindly.

“Good, I’m quite hungry.”

Daehwi smiled, then his phone pinged in his pocket. He discreetly took it out and opened the message. His lips quirked up as he saw the photo of Somin having fun at a party with her friends. And then a small video clip was attached to the text.

“Uhm, can you go to the car first? I need to call someone.” Daehwi spoke, Misook nodded and patted his cheek before going to the lobby.

He played the video on his phone and started to smile as he realized what it contained. It was a video of Sehun and Jaebum clearly arguing about Somin as the girl hid behind the taller male.

“A weakness.” Daehwi smirked to himself before following Somin’s mother to the vehicle.

 

 

“Nobody told me.” Sammy said as she placed the towel back on the chair. Her hair was still damp from the water; she had a hard time trying to get rid of the stickiness from the drink Nayoung poured over her.

“How dare that girl hurt my princess?” Kai spat.

“You’re not going to escape this one, Kim Jongin. You told me he was a friend you met in college.”

“He is.” Kai defended himself, Chanyeol shook his head.

“And nobody ever cared to mention that he’s a Kia son? I had to come up with that myself. Thanks, older cousin.”

“Sammy, Sehun doesn’t like being linked to his father’s company. In case you haven’t noticed, he enjoys being~”

“Blending in? Oppa, he drove one of those overpriced Mercedes models to your house last night, the guy wears custom Armanis and he...just look at him!” She sighed, Kai and Chanyeol paused.

“Are you trying to praise him in front of us? Because, we don’t follow where this talk is heading, Sammy.”

“He doesn’t exactly blend in; he looks like a freaking male god.” She spat, Chanyeol’s grinned appear.

“Oh, does our little Sammy have a crush on Sehun?”

“Shut up.” Sammy said before stepping out of the room and heading back to the party.

 

 

Sammy sat by the door and watched as the sun started to set, her brows furrowed deeply as she pushed the drink away from her.

“Are you not going to ask me to explain?”

She turned beside her, Sehun had taken the empty stool beside her.

“You must have a good reason for hiding it. For your career?” Sammy faced him, she brushed her hair away from her face.

“Yes. They weren’t really happy when I told them I wanted to take law.” He said carefully as he opened one palm to her, Sammy grinned and placed her hand over his.

“Then I finished school, got in Choi and Min.”

“Let me guess, your father heard about you getting in there. He used his connections and gave you an upgrade. Now, you’re a senior partner.” She replied, Sehun smiled and nodded.

“Abeoji thinks it’s a way of protecting me.”

“Protecting you? From who? Hyundai?” She said with a small smile, Sehun glanced behind them. His guards were on standby, the three were roaming around property. His forehead creased and he blew his bangs away from his face.

“Ya, you don’t have to tell me. I mean, I already had a feeling you weren’t just some lawyer as what Jaebum claims. And it’s not like it matters anyway,” She nodded before asking the bartender for a cup of water.

“And, thanks for that earlier. That was a scandal waiting to happen.” She murmured as she slid down from her seat, Sehun looked at her.

“Somin, there’s something you need to know.”

Sammy paused, she met his gaze evenly, and then she slowly shook her head.

“If it makes you uncomfortable to say it now, then don’t. You don’t have to.” Sammy scrunched her nose and cupped his cheek briefly.

“If I don’t tell you this now, then it wouldn’t be fair to you.” Sehun held onto her arm, Somin grew concerned.

“Ya, what’s wrong? Did Nayoung really get into your~”

Sehun started to pull the hem of his shirt upwards, Somin balked.

“Ya, Oh~” She tried to pull her arm back but then she noticed the tattoo on the lower right side of his abdomen, just above the waistband of the shorts he was wearing.

 

“I’m a son of the mafia, and I like you.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++