010

Lost and Found

 

Sehun was typing on his laptop while the male before him spoke.

“So, your wife’s previous boss was…verbally abusing her at work? Do you have evidence or…witnesses? Her workmates, perhaps?” He asked politely, then he paused when the doors opened.

“I—I’m sure there are witnesses, but my wife refuses to step forward, she’s afraid.”

“She doesn’t have to be; she wasn’t the one who did wrong.” A feminine voice commented, Sehun started to shake his head.

“Ah, yes, lawyer..?” The male faced the lady.

“I’m not a lawyer, I’m a client too.” Somin smiled at him.

“Then, how about you talk to your wife about this? I can set a meeting somewhere, it doesn’t have to be in my office.” Sehun said.

“I will, thank you, Lawyer Oh.” He bowed politely before leaving the room, Sehun turned to the girl.

“I see you don’t have a hangover.”

“I’m covering it quite well, guess what?”

“Why are you bothering me?” Sehun replied, Somin ignored his reply, totally unfazed by his cold words.

“I went to my mother’s office, and I was in for a surprise.”

“Did you kill someone?”

“I met him, the new man. And he’s twenty years younger than her. He’s in his thirties.”

“Age doesn’t matter in love, Sammy.” Sehun replied as he closed his laptop.

“You’re supposed to be taking my side, pro bono.”

Sehun grew amused and continued for her to talk.

“He’s working for the company too, no surprise there. So, I’m trying to pull out data on him. Where he’s from, when was he hired and, what does he want.”

“Are you always this suspicious?” Sehun said to her.

“Not always, but when a younger man who seems to come from nowhere suddenly appears and wrecks your parents’ marriage it may cause some issues with me.”

Sehun grinned and stood up.

“Coffee?”

“Yes, please.” She nodded, Sehun called for his secretary and stepped back in the office.

“So, did you get to speak to your mother?”

“I wasn’t there for her, I had to talk to our HR head, I needed info on him, duh.” She rolled her eyes.

“But I thought your mother wanted to talk to you.”

“But I don’t want to.” She blinked at him, Sehun his lips and sat down.

“Whoa, you really are a headache.” He nodded to himself.

“I’m only here to personally thank you for last night, lawyer Oh.” She said as the secretary walked in with coffee.

“You could have just sent a text.”

“Nope, I’d rather pay you with a meal. So, lunch?” She asked coolly.

“You know how that sounds, right?”

“You’re not exactly my type, but you look okay.” She shrugged at him, Sehun couldn’t help but laugh.

“Give me a few minutes then, agasshi.”

 

 

“Somin did?” Chanyeol spoke as he stepped out of his office.

“Yes, she said she was going to her mother’s office, and she also received an invitation for director Im’s wedding. Would you like me to RSVP for the two of you?” His secretary asked.

“Uhm, no, not yet. I’m not sure if I’m going. Did Chaeyoung call?” He said as they stepped in the elevator.

“Not yet, would you like me to try reaching director Park again?”

“Somin..Somin will come around, I don’t want to pressure into things yet, but~”

His phone pinged, he took it out and he paused. It was a text message from Somin.

I’m out for lunch with lawyer Oh. I’ll be at the office this noon. – Sammy

“She’s with Sehun, hmm.” Chanyeol’s brows rose.

“I see she gets along well with lawyer Oh.” His secretary smiled, totally aware of Somin’s personality.

“She probably needs to talk to someone like him, especially with the divorce blowing up on the news.”

 

 

“Shouldn’t you at least get that?” Sehun asked as they waited for their food, he was eyeing Somin’s phone as it kept on ringing. The callers usually alternated from her office, her mother and her father.

“No.” She shook her head, Sehun exhaled and looked at her.

“What’s bothering you? Surely, you understand why divorces happen.”

“I do, I know that, but, it seems so…They were happy, Sehun. They argued, but they always did make up, and..”

“Sometimes, things just don’t go the way we want to, and they still have that meeting set in a few days. Who knows? They might come up to an agreement.”

“My mother has a new man; she wont agree on anything.”

Sehun paused, his thoughts went back to the male from last night.

“So, who’s handling all your work in Singapore while you’re here?”

“We have trusted people there, and I don’t think I’ll be able to fly home anytime soon.” She replied, the waiter returned with their food.

“How did you end up meeting Kim Jongin and my cousin in college? You’re a law student.”

“Are you asking how I got in the rich boys’ club?” He mused at her.

“I was just asking how you got to know them.” She rolled her eyes at him, then a male approached them.

I got what you were asking for, ma’am.” The male spoke, Sehun paused and looked at him.

Good, have you eaten?

I can just~

“Take a seat.” She switched to Korean and gestured for the male to seat, Sehun looked at her questioningly.

“Meet my very talented and multilingual secretary, Dave.” She said to him.

“Dave, this Laywer Oh Sehun. He’s kind of acting as my legal counsel right now.” She nodded to him, the male greeted Sehun politely.

“Call the waiter and order away, you must be hungry.” She said as she took the folder from him, Sehun watched as the girl talked with her employee. It was a rare sight to see a chaebol child sit down and share a meal with her very own secretary, but here was Somin, literally forcing her secretary to eat with her.

“When did I become your legal counsel, agasshi?” He mused at her as he forked around his pasta.

“Because, you are going to represent me every time my parents have one of those meetings.” She chirped, Sehun sent her a dry look.

“And, when did I agree on that?”

“Last night, when you helped me out at that club, you exposed yourself in my troubles.”

“Things might not go the way you want them to, Sammy. Even if I did represent you during those meetings, I can’t steer the case~”

“I know that, but I’d really rather focus on helping Kai rather than dealing with the divorce thing. I can even pay you for it.” Somin bit her lip as she looked at him.

“Fine, we can talk about it in my office next week. No more barging in.” He shook his head at her.

“And you don’t have to pay me.” Sehun added.

“Wow, I might just be your first ever pro bono~”

“It’s not pro bono if you’re forcing me to do it, young miss.” Sehun cut her, her secretary balked at the male.

He’s quite brave.” Dave murmured to himself.

“Who knows, we might become friends.” Somin mused at him.

“So, are you going to attend that guy’s wedding?” Sehun replied coyly.

“Nope, we’re not going to become friends.”

 

 

Somin stepped in the private hall, and she started to look around. The glass panels offered a three hundred sixty-degree view of the lush gardens outside.

“How is it? What do you think?” Kai walked to her.

“I like it, it’s the perfect place to give that huge rock to her.” She grinned at him.

“I know I should be nervous with this proposal, but,” Kai spoke, Somin faced him.

“How are you feeling? Sehun mentioned you dropped by at his office and you asked him to be your legal counsel. Well, forced.”

“Kai, I came home to help you. So, my focus should be on you and Jena.”

“I know, but Sammy, they’re your parents. And they just want to talk.”

“There’s nothing to talk about. Don’t we have lawyers to deal with that for us?”

“So it’s safe to assume that you and Sehun get along?”

“He asked me if I was going to Jaebum’s wedding. He….kind of heard Jaebum inviting me to it, and drunk Sammy may have ranted to Sehun all about it.”

“He won’t spread rumors about you, Sam. Sehun’s not like that.”

“I’m not worried about that, but, do I have to come?” She met his gaze, Kai could see how stressed out his friend was.

“You don’t have to; nobody cares about his wedding.”

“But, how would that make me look, Kim Jongin? Not cool at all.”

Kai closed his mouth and shook his head.

“Wouldn’t you be better off not seeing him?”

Somin was about to reply when her phone pinged, she took it out and paused.

“What is it?”

I reserved us a table tonight, bring your friend from the club too. –Jaebum

 

“Surely, little isn’t talking about me.” Kai shuddered.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++