057

Lost and Found

Sammy stared at the coffee shop’s entrance pensively, she felt Sehun’s palm on the small of her back.

“I’ll wait, I promise.” He said reassuringly as they approached the doors, the two guards stepped away from the couple.

“I may not have consumed enough coffee for this.”

“Good, because this is a coffee shop.” Sehun said as they entered the shop, Somin glared at him. He chuckled and looked around, she spotted Sammy’s mother sitting on one of the tables. Somin paused and followed her gaze, her brows furrowed together for a brief moment.

“I’ll go get you something to eat, and no coffee.” Sehun said playfully before dropping his hand to his side.

Sammy chewed on her lower lip and looked at him, Sehun offered her a small smile before giving her hand a small squeeze.

“It’s going to be fine, that’s your mother.”

“Says the person whose mom is so chill.” She grumbled, Sehun grinned and gestured for her to approach the table, he looked up and saw the Korea Air madam looking at her child eagerly.

"I think my mother actually prefers you over me."

Sammy beamed at him, Sehun snorted and just gave her a little push towards the table.

 

 

Somin placed her palms on her lap and looked up to meet her mother’s gaze.

“Thank you, daughter, for coming out to see me.” She spoke, Somin just nodded back and picked up her drink.

“I…don’t even know where to start, Sammy. I..hurt you so much and if only I listened to~”

“Well, we can’t take it back, eomma. It already happened.” She intervened as she set her coffee down.

“Sammy,” Her mother frowned.

“I know, I said some hurtful things, I even got you fired from the company. But, I don’t regret any of it. I did all of them to protect you and I hated you for not understanding that.”

“I realized all that, Sammy. The moment I heard you were kidnapped, I….I didn’t know what to do. Eomma felt so lost, I was so worried that I would never~” She choked, Somin exhaled and leaned back on her seat. She saw Sehun walking towards the doors, he gave her a small smile before stepping out of the café.

“I just…I want you to know how sorry I am, Somin-ah. For all the things I said and did to you, for taking that man’s side…I’m sorry.” Her mother had tears rolling down her cheeks, Somin smiled and reached for her mother’s hand.

“Stop it, eomma. I’ll let this one slide since you were the one who gave birth to me.” She said playfully, her mother looked up and the lady started to smile back.

 

 

“Young miss,” The guard bowed politely as Sammy and her mother stepped out of the café, the elder was stunned as she looked at the male oddly.

“Ah, eomma, this is..” Sammy bit her lip, not knowing how to explain the three guards who were all waiting to her.

“I think I know.” She spoke, Sammy blinked at her.

“I heard about lawyer Oh’s prestigious background, daughter.” She said as they walked forward, Somin looked up and found Sehun leaning against the Stinger with a smile on his face.

“I thought you had a meeting.” Somin spoke, Sehun shook his head at her.

“I had it moved.” Sehun replied before bowing to the elder politely.

“It’s nice to see you again, ma’am.” He greeted her, Sammy’s mother smiled back and reached out to gently pat Sehun’s cheek.

“Thank you for protecting my daughter, lawyer Oh. I wouldn’t have it any other way. So, please don’t leave her.”

“Eomma!” Sammy balked at the woman, Sehun chuckled.

“I’m the one who’s always worrying she might leave me, ma’am.”

“Just call me auntie, your mother and I were friends during high school.” She said amicably before pulling away from the two.

“I have to meet with my lawyers so, I have to leave you two first.”

“Take care, eomma.” Sammy nodded, Sehun gave her another polite bow as a black Bentley pulled over behind them.

Sammy exhaled and looked at Sehun, he chuckled before opening his arms to her.

“I hate you.” She mumbled before going into his arms, he smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“But now you feel better, right?”

“Meh.” She mumbled on before wrapping her arms around his waist, Sehun laughed and gestured for the guards to leave them.

“Wanna go for ice cream?” He asked, Sammy blinked and looked at him.

“Salted caramel.” She stated with a small grin, Sehun nodded and opened the car’s door for her.

 

 

“Wait, what? You’re not going back?” Chanyeol was frowning, Sehun grew amused and crossed his legs as he listend to the two Park cousins.

“Oppa, I’m not leaving the country.” She replied as she took another spoonful of ice cream.

“But you’re leaving me.” Chanyeol pouted, Somin rolled her eyes.

“I’m just saying that I might be staying with Korea Air for a couple of months to learn the ropes of the business.”

“A couple of months sounds indefinite.” He crossed his arms, Sehun chuckled and opened the bottle of water for the girl.

“Look at this child, he’s enjoying this.” Chanyeol eyed Sehun warily.

“Hyung, you’ve been running the company on your own for three years now, and so far, it’s been good.”

“They’re in constant competition to find out who’s the best oppa. Myungsoo or Chanyeol.” Chaeyoung joked as she joined the two, she sat down.

Sammy chuckled and took a small sip from her water.

“Really? The other cousin has airplanes, while the other one has banks.” Sehun playfully shrugged, Sammy grinned at him.

“I’d go for Korea Air though, I mean damn, working with that Kim Jaejoong?” Chaeyoung nodded conspiringly.

“Unnie!” Sammy laughed.

“Ya, Han Chaeyoung!” Chanyeol gave her a dry look. Chaeyoung stuck her tongue out at him and kissed his cheek.

“You? Do you think Sammy should stay with the airplanes or the banks?” Chaeyoung looked at Sehun.

“She can stay wherever she wants, noona. I’m down with whatever she wants to do.” Sehun winked at her before picking up his ice cream.

“Ani, during this times you should be taking my side!” Chanyeol protested again, Samny leaned over to pinch her cousin’s cheek.

“You know I’d always take your side, oppa. Just let me work with the Kims now. I’ll be back, I promise.”

“You better.” Chanyeol grumbled back before swatting her hand away.

“I’ll go ask for some napkins.” Sammy said before standing up, Sehun’s eyes followed her briefly as she approached the counter.

“Ya, thanks.” Chanyeol spoke, the younger male looked at him.

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“For talking her out of her anger, Somin..she can be very..firm if she wants to be, and sometimes that can be a flaw.”

Sehun nodded and looked at his cup.

“If we let her be, she probably would never agree on meeting up with her mother.”

“That’s exactly why I asked her to go talk with her mother, hyung.”

“Good thinking there, mafia boy,”

Sehun rolled his eyes at him.

“Well, if you look at it,” Chaeyoung chimed in.

“It’s cute how she’s the only one who can soften you up while you’re the only one who can reason with her.”

Sehun was about to react but Somin joined them with a wad of napkins.

“Reason with who?” She asked as she sat down and handed some napkins to Sehun.

“Nothing, eat up, princess.” Chanyeol cooed, Sammy shuddered and pulled away from him.

“What were you guys talking about?” She nudged Sehun’s shoe with hers.

 

“Nothing, eat up.” Sehun scrunched his nose at her and squeezed her knee.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++