029

Lost and Found

Chanyeol was enjoying a round of pool with his friends when Chaeyoung suddenly ran towards him with her iPad in hand.

“Oh, hi, how’s my birthday girl doing?” He smiled before opening one arm to her and kissed the side of her neck. Chaeyoung swatted him away and pushed the iPad to his face.

“Okay, rude.” He muttered before looking at the screen.

“What are you~” Chanyeol halted as the video started to play on the screen.

“No.” He mouthed as he watched Jaebum marching towards Sehun and Somin, and then the male started speaking loudly in an irritated matter.

“This wont be good.”

“It’s been shared to other sites as well. Can’t you call your office?” Chaeyoung murmured, Chanyeol glanced back at the bar.

Somin and Sehun were both gone, his brows rose and then he saw Kai, he was also staring at his phone, wide-eyed.

“I will. Have you seen~”

Chanyeol noticed a black SUV speeding away from the property, Chaeyoung grew amused.

“Well, it’s probably solved by now. I should call the office to trace where that video come from.” He murmured before picking up his phone.

 

 

Somin exhaled as she stepped out of the bathroom, she made her way towards the faucet to wash her hands when she noticed two girls approaching her from the back.

“Oh Sehun, really. It’s like he loves dropping bombs on me. Freaking male god.” She said darkly as she tried to wash off the soap from her palms.

“I mean, is he blind? How long has he been with that pig?”

“You’re right, that Han Chaeyoung is seriously a pain to look out. She’s so fat. She even has the guts to wear a bikini.”

Somin halted and looked at the girls beside her, they were both checking their makeup.

“Her s must be fake, it’s impossible to have them so perky at~”

Somin exhaled and slammed the soap bottle back on the sink noisily, the two girls looked at her.

“What is it with women not supporting other women? How is body shaming cool? Plus, she’s not even fat. She’s curvy. She has actual curves, you stick figures.” She faced them and she crossed her arms.

“Somin-ssi, I~”

“Sammy?” Sehun was walking towards her, he had his phone in hand as he reached her.

“Feels bad, huh? Being called stick figures?” She continued, the two girls could only look away.

Sehun paused, his eyes went to the two other females curiously.

“Is something~”

“I mean, look at you two, parading around your heavily padded bikinis and wearing makeup before going for a swim. And you think you have the right to talk about her? She invited you to her party, I doubt you’d ever get in here without an invite too.”

“Somin, we didn’t mean to~”

“I don’t want to hear it, your foundation is way too dark for you, oompa loompa-ssi.” She winked at the two before stepping away. Sehun winced and followed her, but Somin halted again and faced the other females.

“Just in case you’re curious,” She lifted both of her s briefly. Sehun winced and looked away.

“They’re both natural.”

 

 

“What now, another bomb to drop on me? Are you the son of our country’s president too?” She asked as they neared the pool.

“Can I at least be prepared for it first?” She asked again.

Sehun bit his lip.

“Somebody leaked the video of Jaebum and I arguing, and you’re in the frame.”

Somin paused and looked at him, Sehun handed his phone to her.

“W-What..How..did this happen? Who..took this?” She blurted, Sehun shook his head at her.

“Chanyeeol hyung has people tracing the main source of the video, I already have my secretary contacting the gossip site. It will be taken down shortly.”

Somin groaned and ran her fingers through her hair, Sehun looked at her worriedly.

“Sammy, I can fix this~”

“No, Sehun, it’s…it’s too much. You’ve been dealing with my crap ever since I got back. I’ll…check on this.” She said as she took out her car keys from her pocket.

“Sammy, I’m involved with this too. People think that~”

“I know; people think you’re with me for money. Which, you know, hearing it now, it’s amusing.” She intervened, Sehun bit his lip.

“But I can do this, Oh Sehun. I’ll find out who took that video and send him to you.”

Sehun blinked at the unexpected ending of her sentence, Somin started to smile.

“You said you’re the mafia’s son. Do your thing.” She joked, Sehun stared at her, confused.

“This is another side of me you have to get used to, dark humor and badly timed sarcasm~”

Sehun shook his head before leaning over to press his lips against hers, Sammy paused but she slowly kissed him back, her right hand landed on his chest.

“So, is this the bomb? Not the fact that you probably sent your black suited minions to chase down the person who uploaded video?” She murmured as she pulled back, Sehun chuckled and pressed his forehead against hers briefly.

“Take my car, I’ll drive yours back later.” He said as he took her keys and handed his instead. Sammy was about to protest, but Sehun started to pull her towards the Mercedes Benz convertible.

“I have a hoodie at the back, put it on when you have to go down.” Sehun said as he opened the door for her.

“Thanks, lawyer ahjussi.”

Then Sammy paused to face him again, his brows rose at her briefly.

“Can we talk about this later? I’d really like to talk about it.” She said quietly and bit her lip.

“Of course, be careful.” Sehun smiled and gestured for her to get inside the car, Sammy gave him a quick wave before speeding away from the property. Sehun exhaled and took out his phone.

“Yes, sir?”

“I need a name. Where did that video come from and who took it.”

“Yes, we are working on it. Vice president Park also has men looking into it. It wont take long, sir.”

“Have someone track my car, Somin’s the one driving it. No need to tail her, just make sure she’s safe.” He said before ending the call and walking back to the party.

 

 

Somin sighed as she leaned against her desk again, her secretary and two of Park Holdings’ PR team heads were with her in the room. Somin stood up from her seat and walked towards the window, she was barefoot and was wearing a SNU Law School hoodie.

“I don’t understand, why..why do people..” Somin murmured as she looked at the computer screen again.

“This person can’t be after lawyer Oh too, right? I mean, what do they want?”

“If they target lawyer Oh, director, they’ll gain nothing from it.” One of the directors spoke, Somin bit her lip.

“I beg to differ.” She whispered to herself, Dave looked up from her computer and glanced at her curiously, Somin shrugged at her.

“It was taken using a professional camera, director. It means…it wasn’t just some passerby who wanted to eavesdrop.” Dave spoke from his seat.

“Well, the resolution would have been ty if they used an iPhone.”

“Very well spoken coming from my best friend.” Another voice chimed in, Somin looked up, Kai was standing by the doors with a tray of coffee in hand. The employees stood up to greet him politely.

“How is it?” He asked as he strolled into the room, he handed Sammy her cup of coffee and set the tray down on the table.

“It was taken by some expensive camera. The site has already been taken down courtesy by my lawyer who happens to be not what he claimed to be at first, not that it matters now.” She shrugged as she took one long sip from her cup.

Kai looked at her, he scratched the back of his head.

“It wasn’t my call to make, you now that. He prefers being under the radar.”

“I know, I just hope someone gave me a heads up, you know. Before…I let the guy kiss me,”

“You kissed him first. Oh!” Kai balked and stared at her, Somin sighed before pulling him away from the group.

“What exactly happened earlier, Samantha Park?”

Sammy exhaled and crossed her arms, she leaned against the balustrade.

“Hmm, I should have brought jeans too.” Kai nodded to himself.

“It’s complicated, Kai. I’ve got so much on my plate, and I don’t think I’m ready for this..type of thing. You know what happened and what’s going on with the whole Jaebum thing.”

“Is it really something you have to think about? Sehun or Jaebum?” Kai rolled his eyes.

“You know what’s happening right now, there’s someone targeting me. My parents’ divorce is being covered by the media. Oh, and did I mention Jaebum’s trying to win me back by adding more mess into my life?” She finished, Kai shrugged at her.

“That doesn’t mean you should reject him, Sammy.” He reasoned, Somin looked away.

“You know what made him spill?”

Somin stared at him and shook her head, Kai smiled.

“He found out that someone was trying to hurt you, it worried him. He wanted to protect you from it, he wanted to interfere. He was worried about you, but also, he didn’t want you to feel like..he was claiming you.”

“Jongin~”

“And he didn’t want to lie to you. The only way he could protect you, or you let him, was that if he told you the truth.”

“Kia and being in the mafia?”

“No, that he already cares about you. He has feelings for you, Sammy.”

Somin puffed her cheeks and tied her hair in a loose ponytail.

“Just give him a chance. He’s no Im Jaebum, I know you know that.” Kai chuckled and bumped fists with her.

“I thought you were here to help me out with my other problems.” Sammy rolled her eyes at him, Kai chuckled.

“Yeah, about that, your secret admirer found out that Hong Daehwi was the one who paid your BMW’s arsonist.”

Sammy’s eyes widened, she faced his friend.

“By secret admirer, I meant Sehun. And~”

“I am going to kill that head.” Sammy hissed as she picked up her bag and stormed out of his office, Kai bit his lip and scratched the back of his head.

“Sir, I think you should stop her.” Dave said hesitantly.

“I’ll let Sehun handle this storm. He knows how to deal with her better.” Kai smiled to himself before sitting down on Somin’s seat.

 

“Now, let’s get that bastard with the camera.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++