013

Lost and Found

 

“Sehun-ah,”

“Hyung, is..Sammy in her office?”

Chanyeol’s brows rose at the younger male’s question but he replied quickly.

“She just stepped out, why? Do you need anything?”

“Well, Kai may have dragged me into this mess, and I need to talk to her. Especially regarding the case.”

“Well, I’ll text you an address. You’ll probably find her there.” Chanyeol grinned.

“Thanks, hyung.” Sehun said before ending the call, Chanyeol was about to forward the address when his phone started to ring again. His brows rose as he read the caller ID.

“J—Jaebumm-ah,” He answered.

“Oh, hyung, good morning.” The younger male greeted.

“Yeah, what’s up?” Chanyeol said as he walked back to his office.

“I was just wondering if you..bumped into Somin this morning, I’ve been trying to call her.” The male spoke politely.

“Actually, no, I haven’t seen her.”

 

 

“How should I present your side?” Sehun asked as they stepped out of the Dior shop, Somin paused, her brows rose briefly.

“If..they ask anything, just tell them that I’m not totally supportive of it, but I’m not stopping them from doing what they want. I just don’t want to be there.”

Sehun nodded and glanced at her again, Somin was chewing on her bottom lip.

“I wished it didn’t really gain a lot of attention, but it’s like the talk of the town now.” She muttered.

“It’ll get better, Sam. You have that announcement this weekend. Then, Kai’s engagement, if Jena actually accepts him.” He said lightly, Somin chuckled.

“What are we eating?” Sehun asked her.

“You decide, you’re paying.” She nodded as they walked together.

“I want something salty though, and meat.” She blurted after a few seconds of silence, Sehun chuckled.

“It’s decided then, miss Park.” He nodded, then Somin halted. Sehun followed her gaze and he felt Somin reached for the sleeve of his coat and her fingers curled around the fabric.

“Daughter,” Her mother was smiling as she approached them.

“Maybe we should go for burgers.” Sam turned her full attention to Sehun again.

“Well, that sounds great, I can~”

“Sammy, please don’t do this. Not here.” The elder finally reached them, Somin’s eyes went to the male behind her mother. Her lips quirked up before speaking again.

“Don’t do what? Shop?” She replied, her tone flat.

“Well, here, I’d like to introduce you to~” Her mother gestured for Hong Daehwi to step forward.

“No.” She said, the male paused. Sehun bit his lip in worry and he glanced at the girl, he heard the elder exhale before speaking again.

“I see you’re out with a friend, what’s your name, young man? What does your family~”

“You don’t need to know which household he came from, the only thing you have to know is that, he’s my lawyer and he will be representing me.” She cut her off, the elder paused, confused.

“I really have no plans on seeing you and appa on a regular basis so,” She turned to Sehun again.

“You should be nice to him. Whatever he says, I’ll probably believe it.” She chuckled before sidestepping her, Sehun moved forward.

“And, Hong Daehwi-ssi,” She spoke again.

“You should dress properly and according to your age. Those jeans are too tight. An eyesore, really.” She said before moving away, Sehun gave the elder a polite bow before following the girl.

“That bad?” Sehun murmured as they reached the doors, he pushed the door for her.

“I just got my files on him this morning.”

“Wow, the usual rich kid background check. Nice.” Sehun said lightly, she smiled and shook her head.

“You know the drill.” She mused back, he nodded as they crossed the street.

“Well, how bad?” He asked her as her eyes searched for a restaurant.

“I just found out that his diploma is fake, I called Seoul National University about it, and Hong Daehwi was never a student there.”

Sehun paused, his eyes went to the girl.

“What?”

“I still want burgers though, and maybe some fries?” She pointed towards a Burger King.

“Sammy, you just found out~”

“I know, but that can wait. Sammy’s hungry.” She groaned, Sehun started to shake his head and followed her to the restaurant.

“Can we get a milkshake~”

“Strawberry? Yes.” Sehun sighed before gesturing for her to look for a table and he headed to the counter to order.

 

 

Jaebum leaned back on his seat as he waited for his secretary.

“You called for me, director?” The male spoke politely as he walked into the office.

Jaebum nodded, he picked up a pen and small piece of paper.

“I need you to find about someone.” He said as he wrote the name and handed it to his secretary, the other male nodded and looked at the paper.

“Oh Sehun.” He read.

“Yeah, from what I heard, he’s a lawyer at Choi and Min. And I want to know more.” Jaebum said coolly.

“May I ask why, sir? Since he’s a lawyer, is there something~”

“No, no, nothing’s wrong.” He said as he looked at the windows, his forehead creased for a brief moment.

“I just want to know why he’s been hanging around Somin so much.”

 

 

“That was pretty intense, sorry you had to see that.” Somin spoke as Sehun arrived with their food.

“I’ve seen worse.” Sehun said as he took his seat across her, she sighed and picked up a fry.

“I don’t know why I keep on lashing out though, its just frustrating to see them.”

“We tend to expect a lot from our parents, Sammy.” Sehun said softly as he pushed her milkshake towards her.

“I still think that guy…I have a bad feeling about him. A fake diploma. I can’t seem to get anything on him from his past, it’s..unsettling.” She explained, Sehun nodded.

“It’s amazing you’re not telling me that running background checks on other people may or may not be illegal.” She met his gaze, he grinned at her.

“You rich kids and your background checks, I’m used to it.” He nodded before handing her a napkin.

“What do you think, a fake diploma?”

Sehun paused briefly, he gestured for her to wipe the ketchup from the side of her lip before speaking.

“It definitely does raise some concerns, but my focus is on you and your parents’ divorce. So, I don’t think~”

“I want to get rid of him.” She muttered, Sehun paused and chuckled at her.

“Does Chanyeol hyung always let you get what you want?” He asked her jokingly.

“Not always.” She nodded at him before starting to eat again.

“So, now we’ve spoken about the divorce, how’s Jaebum doing?” Sehun asked in a chirpy tone, Somin glared at him as she chewed, he laughed and picked up a napkin and wiped the ketchup off her lip.

“I kept on telling you to wipe it off.” He pointed out before pulling his hand away.

Somin grinned and put her burger down, she took a sip of her strawberry milkshake before speaking.

“Since you helped me out with my dress dilemma, do I get to dress you up to?”

“I don’t think the level of our friendship is there yet~”

“Great!” She beamed and pressed her palms together.

 

“She never lets me finish.” Sehun muttered to himself, but he could feel himself smile as he watched the girl eat.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++