012

Lost and Found

 

Somin was chewing on the inside on her cheek as they waited for dessert, Jaebum and Nayoung were casually talking with Sehun. Discussing about his work and how it was working for Choi and Min, one of the most prestigious law firms in the country.

She scratched the back of her neck while mentally calling for the waiter to speed up with their food.

“You’re quiet, are you feeling unwell?” Jaebum looked at her, Somin blinked and faced them again.

“Probably because of too much coffee, it’s her new hobby. Drinking too much caffeine.” Sehun said conversationally, Somin balked at him.

“So, how did you two meet?” Nayoung asked them, Somin halted, not knowing how to answer that.

“Well, I’m giving the floor to Sammy on explaining that.” Sehun grinned before finishing his wine.

“You know, I can just make up anything and they’ll believe it.” She spoke playfully, but the meaning behind didn’t fail to go unnoticed by the young lawyer.

“Like I said, this one’s on you.” Sehun replied with a smile.

“Well, Sehun was having a hard time with this case, one of our interns here in Seoul had issues with a manager from our operations division.”

“Oh,” Jaebum nodded, their desserts started to arrive. Sehun pulled his fruit bowl closer to him.

“He and Chanyeol oppa are good friends, and oppa was busy that time. So I was contacted to help him out, and get that out of there.”

“When did this happen? Thankfully, it didn’t get to the media.” Nayoung frowned as she started to slice her cake.

“About…”

“A year ago.” Sehun finished for her, Somin nodded quickly, her eyes narrowing at the male across her.

“That’s cute, you met because of work.” Nayoung smiled.

“Or a ert.” Somin muttered to herself, Sehun just nudged his shoe against hers.

 

 

Somin let out a shaky breath as the Mercedes Benz sped away from the parking lot, she turned to Sehun.

“How did you know I was here?”

“You never told me I was invited to dinner.” Sehun replied.

“Ya!”

A certain chuckle made her pause, she spun around and found Kai standing across them.

“Kim Jongin, you~”

“I know, I know, but how could I let you show up alone?” Kai mused at her, Somin took off her shoe and threw it at him. Sehun watched and crossed his arms, it was entertaining to see how the girl could easily harass the Samsung heir, and how the Samsung heir could survive that temper.

“I can show up alone, Kai. Sehun wasn’t~”

“Well, Oh Sehun owed me a favor that’s why I asked him to go be your weapon, a highly qualified one at that.” Kai reasoned with a shrug, Somin turned to Sehun.

“He’s right. I do owe him one, and it’s okay, Sammy. I had a good meal.” He grinned at her, Somin exhaled.

“How could I let you go to a battle unarmed, Sam? What kind of friend would that make me?”

“Sehun being the weapon? And dinner being the battle? What are you~”

“It means I don’t want you to be alone with that little .” Kai replied heartily, Sehun blinked at him. He couldn’t understand why Kai hated Im Jaebum so much, even on the phone earlier, he was cursing the man.

“You do know what you just did, right? Jaebum and Nayoung probably thinks that I’m dating him!” She stabbed one finger towards Sehun’s direction.

“Who cares what he thinks.” Kai stated flatly, Somin exhaled and shook her head.

“Unless, you do still care that he~”

“You know what. Shut up, Kai.” She snapped, Kai paused and stared at her. Sehun glanced at her worriedly.

“Sammy, I was just~”

“I do not have the energy to deal with your tricks right now, so,” She took out her car keys and started to walk away from them.

“I’ll be heading home now.” She murmured as she crossed the street and made her way towards her parked car.

“Ya, she’s right, how could you do that? You told me she already knew I was coming.”

“No, I told you that you were expected to come.” Kai explained, Sehun sighed and just hit his friend’s arm.

“Now she’s mad at me too.”

 

 

Somin exhaled as she faced her laptop again, she was browsing through all the monthly reports that were jut submitted to her office.

Her fingers reached for the necklace around her neck, her forehead creased briefly. She picked up her phone and her secretary immediately answered.

“Yes, director?”

“Clear my afternoon.” She said before ending the call, she bit her lip as she stood up and grabbed her purse, Somin headed out of her office.

“Somin-ah!”

She paused just as she reached the elevator, Chanyeol was smiling as he approached her.

“Oh, oppa.”

“How…did last night go?” He asked carefully, her brows rose at his question.

“Well, Kai kept on calling earlier, from the way he spoke..it was kind of obvious that you two had an argument. Is everything okay?”

“Yes, oppa. I mean, I’m…trying to keep up with everything.” She shrugged at him, Chanyeol nodded before patting her shoulder.

“Are you heading off to somewhere?”

“I—I need to pick out a dress for the party.” She replied.

“Well, I’m not going to offer accompanying you.” He chuckled before running off like a child, Somin laughed before getting in the elevator.

Chanyeol was about to walk in his office when his phone started to ring, he blinked as he saw the name on the screen.

“What~”

“Hyung, is..Sammy in her office?”

 

 

The sales representatives at Dior watched as Somin looked at her reflection, she was wearing her second gown and somehow the young miss still wasn’t pleased.

“Do you have a color in mind, director Park?”

“No, no, I’m~” Her phone pinged from her purse and her eyes widened.

“Right, I asked my secretary to drop by some papers for me, he may be waiting outside.” She spoke, one of the ladies nodded and stepped out of the room.

Somin faced her reflection again, she checked the time on her watch. It was just three in the afternoon and her father had been calling her, wanting to meet up for coffee.

“Have you thought about which shoes you want to wear, director? We can start from there.” The sales associate asked politely.

“Well, maybe~”

“Uhm, director? I don’t think he’s your secretary, but he came looking for you.” One of the ladies from earlier walked back in the room, Sammy looked up.

“Wow, look at you, a peach apricot mess.” A familiar male walked in the room, the ladies started to whisper amongst each other as they looked at the male admiringly.

“Y—You…How~”

“I called Chanyeol hyung and asked about you, since you were too annoyed at me to pick up. That, I understand why.” Sehun said cheekily as he approached her, Somin looked at her reflection again.

“What’s this for?” Sehun eyed the gown she was wearing, his forehead creased at the amount of ruffles.

“A party. You’re invited.” She replied flatly, Sehun smiled as he stood behind her and also looked at her reflection.

“I think you should wear another color.” He murmured, Somin was about to react when they heard a distinctive clicking sound.

“I’m sorry, director. We just couldn’t help it. You two looked so good together.” She said apologetically as she put her phone down.

“It’s fine.” Somin nodded at her.

“So, what do you suggest? Another color?” Sammy faced Sehun.

“I’m sorry about last night, Sam. Kai told me that you knew I was coming and I~”

“Just what kind of favor did you owe him that you allowed yourself to be there?” She chuckled at him, Sehun stilled briefly, he was about to speak but Sammy shook her head at him.

“Sammy, I mean it. I’m sorry, I didn’t know I was going to intrude on something~”

“Ahjussi, relax. It’s fine, I just needed a breather, that’s all.” She scrunched her nose at him, Sehun bit his lip and nodded.

“Besides, Kai probably already fed you the details. Jaebum’s an ex..and he’s a little..difficult for me to talk about.”

“It was pretty obvious at the dinner.” He cleared his throat, Sammy was tempted to hit his arm.

“But, what brings you here? It must be urgent that you used your connections to find me.” She said teasingly. Sehun rolled his eyes at her.

“They already set a date, and you assumed right, they want you there.” Sehun said quietly.

“You’re going to be busy, then.” Somin chuckled before stepping down from the platform to approach the other gowns that were being hung.

Sehun glanced at her again, his brows met briefly.

“Are you hungry? Snacks are on me.” He said to her, Somin looked at him.

“Who are you and what have you done to Lawyer Oh?” She replied, Sehun laughed.

“I think you should go with blue, Sam.” He said before walking towards the couch in the middle of the dressing room.

“Cleavage or leg?” Sammy called from the rack.

 

Sehun sighed and shook his head, he picked up a magazine and started to browse through the pages.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++