031

Lost and Found

 

 

“I mean, I’m all for you taking this bastard down, but are you sure?” Jena said as she poured lemonade for everybody.

“It’s just one man, Jena.” Somin explained as she guided the two staffs towards the living room.

“One man? He had someone burn you car. It’s a good thing it didn’t blow up.”

“Or we can make him blow up, that sounds like a great idea.” Kai was grinning as he strolled into the room with a box of empty bags.

“Let’s not suggest that to Sehun.” Jena nodded to herself, Kai chuckled.

“But, I don’t feel good about this, Sammy. He might try to hurt you.”

“I have my two cousins in the same building. He wouldn’t dare.” She said as she picked up one of the glasses.

“Well, if he does try something,” Jena jutted her lips towards Sehun who was standing by the patio doors, he was on the phone, speaking with a client.

“Don’t start.” Somin sighed and climbed on the counter.

“I’m happy that for once in your life you took my advice.” Kai raised his glass to her, Jena grinned at the girl.

“You never told me about the delinquent background.” Sammy stated.

“Oh, it wasn’t obvious when he almost tossed Jaebum out of Choi and Min?”

Samantha blinked and glanced at Sehun again, he gave her a small nod.

“Actually, I have a plan.” Somin spoke, Jena looked at her.

“What do you mean?”

“I got a call last night, Kai. Hong Daehwi has a child. She’s studying at this academy in Daegu and,” She waved Sehun over as she took out some photos from her purse.

“And apparently,” She pointed towards one of the photos, Hong Daehwi was kissing an unfamiliar looking lady.

“He’s still seeing her mother.” She smiled, Sehun walked in the room.

“So, he’s cheating on my mother, who also did cheat on my dad for him.” She stated, Sehun looked at the photos, his brows rose.

“And, I know this is borderline illegal, considering we have a lawyer with us in the room, but,”

“What did you do?” Jena spoke, Kai was staring at Sehun, something was up.

“Well, I got…some..I got someone to pick up the child’s used fork. For DNA testing.” Somin bit her lip worriedly.

“Why..Why aren’t you guys reacting?”

“Have you ever thought why he’s been threatening you?” Kai asked, Sehun shook his head and lifted her off the counter.

“What?” Sammy blinked at him.

“Sammy, there’s a possibility that he has a child, and you are your mother’s only heir.” Sehun stated.

“Duh?”

“He’s pushing your mother to divorce your father, what do you think happens next?”

“Well~”

“They get married. Then there’s only on you on the way.” Sehun closed his eyes briefly.

Somin halted, her fingers hovered over one of the photos.

“Somin, if…he..gets rid of you, he becomes her heir.”

 

 

Chanyeol chewed on his lip as he faced his cousin. Samantha was already dressed for work, in a nice fitted pant suit and a pair of heels.

“What is it, oppa?”

“Sehun told me about it, are you really sure?”

“I can do it, oppa. This..is also my problem, it’s my mother being blind over some younger man. It’s embarrassing.”

Chanyeol frowned and stood up.

“Sammy, he might hurt you. And I can’t live with that, I can’t just let you~”

“Oppa, I know. But he wont be able to hurt me.”

“What~”

“You have my back, Kai too.” She said before hugging the older male.

“Can you please let Sehun drop by to check on you from time to time? I might get busy.” He murmured. Sammy chuckled and let go of him.

They glanced at the windows and saw the black Rolls Royce Wraith pull over at the curb.

“I’m meeting him for lunch.” She mused before walking towards the front door. Her phone started to ring and she answered.

“I’m just about to leave the house.”

“I know; can I ask you a favor?” Sehun asked, Somin paused.

“What is it?”

The driver came around to open the door for her, then something caught her eye. There was a black SUV parked just outside her gates.

“Sehun,” She sighed at him.

“They wont follow you around, they’re just…going to look out. They wont enter the building, but if you need anything, call for them.”

“I didn’t know this was included in the package.” She murmured as she slid inside the car.

“Sammy, if its too much, I’m sorry. I’ll call them and send them~.” Sehun said carefully, Somin smiled to herself, the car started to move forward.

“It’s okay, it’s kind of comforting knowing you’re watching. In a non-creepy way, of course.” She chuckled as she leaned back on her seat.

“Relax. You’ll do well, Sammy. I’ll come by at lunch.” He promised.

“I got an email last night, do I have to be there too?”

“No, I already have that taken care of. Just enjoy your day, miss Park.”

“Hong Daehwi probably knows I killed his car, huh?” She blurted out.

“I’ll take care of it. See you later.” Sehun chuckled before ending the call.

 

 

Myungsoo smiled as the car pulled to a halt, the door was opened and Park Somin slid down from the vehicle. Somin had a small smile on her face as she walked across the lobby, the employees bowed politely as she passed by.

“Welcome to Korea Air, director Park.” Jaejoong said and he extended his hand to her.

“Thank for you welcoming me out here, oppa. You didn’t have to.”

“I have to, I heard what happened. You had Chanyeol’s secretary and the concierge fired on your first day.” He said teasingly as they walked together, Myungsoo chuckled and bumped fists with her.

“Myungsoo will show you around, and your office is already ready for you. And your secretary,”

“I asked Dave to come, oppa. I hope that’s okay.” She bit her lip.

“Of course it is.” Jaejoong mused, the three got in the machine.

“Where do you want to start? The top floor?” Myungsoo nudged her, Somin was about to reply when somebody stopped the doors from closing.

Jaejoong looked up, his brows went up as he realized who it was.

“Auntie,” Myungsoo bowed politely, the elder smiled as she and Hong Daehwi got in the machine.

“What brings you here, daughter? Visiting your cousins?” Misook asked Somin, Daehwi glanced at the girl briefly.

“Not really. Did your boyfriend like my gift?” She replied, her mother’s eyes went to her. Hong Daehwi tensed and didn’t move. Somin grinned to herself.

“You did that?”

“Who else would?” Sammy chuckled, her mother was about to react.

“And, I’m here because I finally took Jaejoong’s oppa offer. Guess who has a new boss?” Somin asked as she looked at Hong Daehwi.

“Park Somin, how dare you~”

“Not in front of my cousins, eomma. How about you ask your boyfriend why he burned my car in the first place? He was the one who started it.”

Myungsoo started to grin, Jaejoong’s eyes went to the other male.

“You’re just making up stories, Somin. You’re being a brat.”

“Of course, I am. I am a brat. Brat who always gets what she wants.” Somin stated, she glanced at the screen again. They were nearing the top floor.

“And right now, what I want is,” She took one step closer to her mother.

“Your Hong Daehwi out of the picture.”

 

 

“So, how bad?” Myungsoo asked as they entered another department.

“He burned my car.”

Myungsoo halted, the employees greeted them as they walked by.

“That son of~”

“Oppa, don’t.”

“How could you just let that happen? Tell the police.” Myungsoo shook his head at her.

“I decided to play his game as well, it’s the only way I can get rid of him.”

“So, this is why you have another car following you? Your added security?” Myungsoo asked her, Somin bit her lip.

“You noticed that?”

“I’m not blind.” He replied as they walked together.

“I’m sorry for earlier, oppa. I needed to attack first.”

“It was entertaining. I still don’t understand what auntie sees in him.”

“Well, he sees money in her.” She shrugged.

“You still didn’t sign the papers, huh? I must say, our grandparents are geniuses.” Myungsoo mused, Somin nodded and hook her arm with his.

“I want keep my mom safe, oppa. And I know that Hong Daehwi will just bring her problems. That’s why I’m here, to keep him in check.”

“We don’t need to say this, but, you know we have your back. Jaejoong hyung already has a team of people checking on his movements here in the company like you asked, baby girl.” Myungsoo nodded.

“Thanks, oppa.”

“I heard you moved to your house yesterday. And Chaeyoung’s throwing you a housewarming party?”

“You better come.” She nudged him.

“I’ll get you some plates or something.” Myungsoo teased back just as they reached her office.

“I’ll see you later, Sammy.” He said before leaving, Somin smiled to herself as she stepped into the room.

She lightened up as soon as she saw the view, she set her purse down the desk and approached the windows, then she noticed something.

There was a bouquet of flowers on her table, her brows rose. She plucked out the card and started to read the message.

Your new office is now near to mine. I like this arrangement.

Please don’t fire people on your first day.

-Lawyer Ahjussi

Somin chuckled before asking her secretary to bring a vase in.

 

 

Sehun chewed on the insides of his cheeks as he looked at his laptop’s screen.

“He’s one of Hong Daehwi’s..underlings at the company.” Kai said from the other line.

“And, it’s the same pattern, untraceable money wired to his account from the same IP address.” Sehun stated flatly.

“Who’s gonna tell her?” Kai replied, Sehun stood up from his seat and walked towards the windows.

“She’s already uncomfortable that I put some guards on her, Jongin-ah.”

“She’s not used to that, Sehun. But what you’re doing is right. Who knows what that person might do?”

“I don’t…I don’t want her to see how…how my family works.” Sehun said carefully, Kai groaned from the other side.

“Dude, she never actually said anything when Jaebum started teasing you about being a commoner and not being in her level, why do you think she’d react now?”

“What if they’re right? I might tarnish~”

“She needs you, Oh Sehun. And, the Sammy I know, she doesn’t judge people based on their past or their financial status. That’s not her. The fact that she trusted you to be her legal representative when she barely knew you speaks a lot of how she sees you.”

Sehun loosened his tie, his forehead creased.

“Now, what do we do with this man? Shall I let you take care of it? Suing him is boring.” Kai commented.

“Hong Daehwi’s crossing the line. He’s using the scandal to discredit her. I don’t like it.”

“I’m going to bet that he’s also going to use Im Jaebum’s being nosy against her. And you.” Kai added, Sehun put his friend on speaker mode and he put the phone down.

“First the car, now the video. What is the trying to do?”

“Well, he wouldn’t be able to do anything to her with her cousins having her back, and of course, she has you. And your attack dogs right outside the building.” Jongin chuckled, Sehun exhaled.

“If he even dares touch her,”

“Oh Sehun, you’re a lawyer.” Kai reminded him.

“I will let her beat him with a crow bar instead of a bat while having him suspended in the air right above an industrial meat grinder.”

 

“This is why you two ended up together.” Kai muttered before ending the call.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++