049

Lost and Found

 

Somin was barefoot as she walked towards the pool, she had a warm cup of tea with her as she settled down on one of the lounge chairs.

“What? You’re not in total lockdown now?”

She glanced up, Kai was walking towards her with a box of donuts in hand.

“What do you want?” She sighed as he sat across her.

“Sammy, at some point, you are going to have to face him.” Kai reasoned as he faced her, Somin’s forehead creased briefly.

“I get it, I know what you’re thinking. But there’s always~”

“Another side of the story, I know.” She took the box of from him and picked up a donut, Kai grinned at his friend.

“How are things? I heard you and your~”

“Don’t talk about it. I don’t even want to think about it.” She stated as she leaned back on her chair.

“Sammy, Sehun didn’t mean it. You know that. You mean the world to him.”

Somin exhaled and glanced at him, she finished her donut before sitting up.

“I know, Kai. But it’s been a really tiring week for me, and I just didn’t have the…strength to deal with it that day. I needed a breather.”

Kai paused, he chewed on his lip before speaking.

“Then hear him out, he wants to talk.”

“Did I mention he almost butchered Hong Daehwi at my driveway?” Sammy told him.

“That’s why you two are perfect for each other!”

“Kai, stop.”

“If you don’t talk to him soon, he really might become high school delinquent Oh Sehun. That’s scary.” Kai mumbled, Somin chuckled and playfully kicked his shin.

“You’re overreacting.”

 

 

Jaejoong looked at the head of their legal team.

“What?” He asked, Somin looked up from her seat.

“We just heard this today, Song and Heo dropped his case, and he’s been going around to look for a firm to handle his case, but, they all said no. Even the prosecutor’s office can’t give him one. No one would take him in.”

Myungsoo’s brows rose in confusion.

“No, I’m all for him going to go to prison, isn’t it too much when not even one lawyer would represent him? What happens now?” Myungsoo asked.

“Right, it sounds impossible, president.” Sammy looked at her older cousin, then as soon as those words left her lips, one thing hit her.

“It does.” Myungsoo nodded as he set his phone aside.

“What happens now? Who’s going to defend him?”

“We don’t know yet, sir. We haven’t heard from the court yet regarding the decision.”

Somin stood up, Jaejoong and Myungsoo looked at her.

“I—I need to get somewhere; will you excuse me?”

“Sure, go ahead.”

Somin picked up her purse and headed out of the room.

 

 

Sehun shook his head and pushed the folders away from him again, he loosened his tie and leaned his head back on his chair.

“Are you alright, lawyer Oh?” The other male in the room asked, Sehun’s secretary noticed how the young lawyer hasn’t been very productive lately. It was like his boss was always distracted.

Sehun’s eyes went to his secretary, he gave the other a male a quick nod.

“Ah, right, lawyer Jung passed by earlier, she wanted to speak with you. But as per your instruction, no unannounced guests, sir.”

Sehun nodded back and thanked him.

“But, are you alright? I noticed that director Park hasn’t been dropping by lately.” He said with concern, Sehun bit his lip before standing up.

“I..I don’t know, I’ll take the rest of the afternoon off, so,” Sehun picked up his coat and faced the male.

“Push my appointments to tomorrow.” Sehun stated before leaving the room, he was soon approached by one of his guards as he arrived at the lobby.

“Hong Daehwi has been admitted to a hospital, young miss’s mother had dropped by to visit him. He claims that you were the one who did it to him and is threatening to sue you, young master.”

Sehun chuckled to himself, the other male paused.

“That is if he gets someone to represent him.” Sehun replied as a black Range Rover pulled over in front of him.

“He’s been trying to reach out to the media, sir.”

Sehun halted, he looked at the male again.

“He said he’s going to expose you, and will have your disbarred.”

Sehun’s brows rose, he let out a deep breath before speaking again.

“Where’s Somin?”

“She’s at work, sir.”

Sehun nodded before getting inside the car.

 

 

Somin puffed her cheeks as she waited for her coffee, she was at the company’s café. She stood up from her chair and walked towards the glass windows.

She crossed her arms as she pondered over taking the day off or just calling Sehun instead. She chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“He couldn’t have done that. I mean, can he?” She asked to herself as she listlessly kept on staring at the view of downtown Seoul.

She leaned her head back and started the stretch her neck, her thoughts went to her mother. She shook her head.

“She can’t be still taking his side. It’s all over the news now.” She murmured, not really used to talking to herself.

“Why~” Somin froze when she felt a pair of arm wrap around her waist.

“What are~” The girl froze as she realized who it was, Sehun sighed before leaning his chin on her shoulder.

“Just…for a while, let me hold you.” He murmured lowly before closing his eyes, Somin’s eyebrows knitted together but she didn’t move.

“I—I didn’t know you were going to drop by.”

“You would have left if told you in advance.” Sehun replied as he tightened his hold on her.

“Sammy, what you saw was a misunderstanding. Minhee…Minhee, she came on to me, and I wasn’t expecting it. She must~”

Somin placed her hands over his, she gestured for him to let go. Sehun bit his lip before dropping his arms to his sides and looked at her.

“I pretty much figured that out, Oh Sehun.” She replied, Sehun paused.

“I really had a lot going on that day, and I wasn’t up for another round of emotional stress so I left and shut everyone out for a couple of days.” She said carefully.

“I heard about what happened, your mother….” Sehun trailed off, Somin shrugged at him before wrapping her arms around herself.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun spoke, Somin shook her head.

“I don’t like her.” She stated flatly, Sehun nodded before opening his arms to her.

“I know; I should have noticed earlier. I’ll stay away from her from now on.” He offered, Somin sighed before going into his arms. She sighed before closing her eyes and letting tears roll down her cheeks.

“My mother’s crazy, Oh Sehun. I don’t think she sees me as her child anymore.” She mumbled quietly, Sehun exhaled and kissed the top of her head.

“I don’t know if I did the right thing, removing her from her position, not giving her assets…maybe that’s why she hates me so much.” She sobbed, her shoulders started to tremble.

“She doesn’t hate you, Sammy. It’s just that she can’t see the truth right now. She’ll regret it once she realizes what you’ve done for her.” Sehun said soothingly.

“I’m sorry for telling you to off.” She sniffed as she pulled back to meet his gaze, Sehun smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

“I deserved that.” He nodded.

“I’m kinda hungry.” She murmured, Sehun chuckled before letting go of the girl, he took out his handkerchief from his coat pocket.

“Let’s go out then.” He said before gently dabbing on the tearstains on her cheeks.

“I want kimbap.” She blurted out before taking the handkerchief from him.

“We’re getting kimbap then.” Sehun smiled before pressing his lips against hers and taking her hand.

 

“We can get whatever you want.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++