016

Lost and Found

 

 

Kai looked up as he felt someone sit beside him, Sammy grinned at him. He was sitting outside by the pool, enjoying some quiet time alone.

“Congratulations, Kim Jongin.” She said before squeezing his hand.

“I wouldn’t be able to do all that without you, Sammy. Thanks for coming home.”

“The things I do for you, really.” She shrugged, Kai chuckled and leaned back on his seat. He noticed how his friend’s cheeks were so flushed.

“Ya, how much did you drink?”

“That’s nothing, we’re here to celebrate you and my favorite girl, Jena!” She beamed at him.

“Ugh, drunk Sammy.” Kai groaned.

“Just semi-drunk Sammy, and you don’t have to worry about me.” She said before Kai could react.

“I already asked oppa to call a cab for me, I’ll be on my way home in a few minutes.”

“A cab? Ya, the driver~”

“It’s fine, Kai. I know going home early isn’t like me, but it’s been a long day. You’ll let this one go, right?”

Kai smiled and looked at her, his brows rose as he noticed how Sammy was frowning as she looked at the night sky.

“What happened? How did you end up riding with Sehun?”

Sammy paused, her brows met briefly before facing her friend again.

“A complication. Like I said, it was a bad idea to make him go to that dinner. Look where that got him.” She said, Kai paused and turned to her.

“Jaebum just told me that Oh Sehun isn’t even on my level.” She rolled her eyes before walking away from him.

Kai blinked and set his drink aside.

“Well, look who’s talking.” He muttered to himself.

 

 

Sehun exhaled as he picked up his cellphone, it had been ringing for a while now.

“What is it?”

“It’s what I called about a few days ago, sir.”

Sehun’s brows went up, he stood up from his seat and approached the windows.

“He’s getting too close. What would you like me to do, lawyer?”

Sehun bit his lip but he nodded to himself.

“Distract him.” He stated before ending the call, he placed his phone back on the desk. He paused when he noticed the mini standee beside his laptop. He shook his head and picked up his coat before stepping out of his office.

“Are you on your way to meet KSA’s employees, sir?” His secretary walked to him.

“Yes, I am. Do I have anything this afternoon?” Sehun asked as they reached the elevators.

“Well, it…it’s just something I heard, sir.”

Sehun halted and faced the female questioningly.

“I heard from on of the admin secretaries that someone had been calling about you. It’s a little worrying because they’re asking a lot of information about you.”

Sehun’s lips quirked up and he nodded.

“Probably just one of those companies we’re trying to target, don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of it.” Sehun said before getting in one of the machines, his secretary bowed politely as the doors closed.

 

 

Somin was flexing her neck as she stepped out of the house, she stopped when she saw her cousin standing by his car.

“Oh, oppa. Good morning.” She greeted him.

“I’ll see you this evening, right?” Chanyeol asked while grinning at her, Somin groaned at him.

“We have a press con before the party, so, you know what to do. Prepare a speech and be nice.”

“Be nice?” Somin snorted at him, Chanyeol chuckled and looked at her outfit again.

“Nope, not taking sermons from you today.” She said to him before Chanyeol could go against her ripped boyfriend jeans and ribbed crop top get up.

“Fine, enjoy your day, Sammy.” Chanyeol said before getting inside his car, Somin gave him a wave as he sped away from the property.

Her smile disappeared when she finally read the message on her phone, she chewed on the inside of her cheek before calling him back.

“Somin~”

“After what you said yesterday, you actually think I’d meet up with you today?” She said as she got inside her car, Jaebum sighed from the other line.

“Somin, you don’t understand, that man, Sehun is~”

“Keep Sehun out of this, Jaebum. If you have a problem with me being back in Seoul, then there’s nothing I can do about that. But you can never touch my friends.”

Jaebum was quiet for a few seconds, Somin stepped on the gas and sped out of the Park property.

“Somin-ah, it’s about Nayoung and I.”

“I don’t see how relevant that would be to me.” She said as she leaned back on her seat, her eyes went the envelope on the passenger seat.

She was needed to be at her mother’s company this morning to meet up with Korea Air’s executives because of her parents’ separation and also her stocks.

“It’s an arranged marriage, Somin.”

Somin paused, she looked at her phone for a brief second.

“I..I can’t do this. It’s my life, Somin-ah, I can’t~”

“I can’t help you, Jaebum. I’m sorry.” She said as she ended the call and tossed her phone to the backseat, Somin let out a shaky breath before focusing on the road again.

 

 

Sehun was making his way towards the Choi and Min building when he noticed a familiar Mercedes Benz pull over, he paused.

And then the young lady who slid down from the car was being attacked by reporters.

“Miss Park, is it true that you had no idea about the divorce?”

“How were you able to find out?”

“What happens to both companies now? Will you be working for your mother~”

Somin started to close her eyes as she moved forward, she even winced when a camera hit her elbow.

“Security, what are you doing?!”

Somin looked up just as someone tugged her forward. The building’s security guards started to make way for her.

“This is turning into a very complicated pro bono case for me.” A familiar masculine voice said as they moved forward.

“I didn’t know your shoulders were this broad.” Somin nodded as she looked up to meet his gaze, Sehun stared at her oddly, but he smiled as he led her to the doors while shielding her from the cameras. Somin felt his palm on her back as he pushed her forwards, it was then she realized how tall and lean Sehun was.

“What brings you here, young miss?” Sehun asked as they reached the doors, he let go of the girl.

“This.” She took out a thick folder of documents, Sehun reached forward to right the strap of her Dior purse.

“What is that?” He asked her, unaware of the stares they were getting.

“Paperwork. And a lot of I don’t get. I don’t understand my inheritance. And I need your help. Apparently, if your parents didn’t have a prenuptial agreement, it’s going to be one bog migraine later on.”

Sehun grew amused and took the heavy folder from her, he was about usher her to the elevator when his phone pinged.

Just finished the boring meeting for you. Your turn to return the favor now. –Kai

And then his phone started to ring.

“Uhm, I’ll just head to your office first. You should take that.” Somin bumped fists with him before walking towards the elevators, Sehun picked up the call.

“Kai, I’m at work~”

“How do you feel about attending a wedding?”

“You think I wont attend yours? I don’t want Jena to murder me.” Sehun said as he walked after Somin, he could see how males would stare at her as went by. He smiled to himself as the girl pressed the button on the wall.

“No, little ’s wedding.” Kai replied, Sehun paused, his brows went up.

“Kim Jongin, you~”

“Be Somin’s plus one and I’ll take care of the next meeting for you.” Kai chuckled as he spoke.

“Great, now she’ll kill us both.” Sehun said under his breath as he reached the girl, Somin looked at him and she smiled.

“Well, my offer still stands. You can always attend that meeting yourself anyway.” Kai mused before ending the call, Sehun groaned and got in the elevator.

“So I went with a blue dress just as you suggested,” Sammy started to speak as the doors closed.

“That’s good.” Sehun nodded at her, she took out her phone and showed him a photo of the dress.

“Still, cleavage or leg? I went with both this time.” She said to him conversationally.

“Sammy, I’m not Kai.” Sehun blinked at her.

“Sehun, Kai, same thing.” She shrugged at him, the doors opened again and she stepped out with him.

“Oh Sehun, come on!” She called him over, Sehun shook her head and followed the girl to his office. She even let herself in without waiting for him.

She stepped in his office and looked around, she set her purse down on the couch.

“Can you go through that with me?” She pointed towards the folder he was holding, Sehun smiled and walked to her. He fixed the strands of her hair that went a little messy.

“Does it look like I have a choice?” He rolled his eyes at her before sitting down, Sammy chuckled and plopped down across him.

“Sehun, can we order food?” She asked as she browsed through the papers.

“Yes, you can.” Sehun pushed his phone towards her.

“I want chicken and salad.”

“Yes, go ahead.” Sehun said without looking up.

“Do they accept cash or card?” She asked again as she pulled his hand and pressed his thumb on the sensor to unlock the device.

“Do they~”

“Just order, young miss. If you don’t have cash, I’ll pay.”

“Good, I was hoping you’d offer.” She chuckled before dialing on his phone, Sehun looked up from the papers and watched as the girl wait for the restaurant to pick up.

 

How frustrating you are, Park Somin. Frustratingly beautiful.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++