025

Lost and Found

 

Sehun let go of the girl’s hand as they stepped out of the building, a familiar white Range Rover pulled in front of them.

“Park Chanyeol has you chauffeured?” Sehun said with a smile as the driver stepped down to open the door for her.

“You and Jaebum had a talk?” She replied, Sehun stilled, his eyes went to her and he flinched.

“Well, I realized that since we were doing this whole pretend thing, and you said you didn’t want any distractions..or complications, I told him to…stop bothering you.”

“You actually know how to stutter. Wow.” Somin nodded to herself, Sehun exhaled.

“Sammy, I’m sorry. I just~”

“It’s okay, Oh Sehun.” She laughed and playfully punched his arm.

“Are you heading to work?” Sehun asked her as he looked at the car again.

“Don’t let those things bother you. Jaebum…Im Jaebum doesn’t mince words. I’m sorry you ahd to hear all that from him.”

“Sammy, he doesn’t exactly bother me.” Sehun shrugged at her.

“I know, like I said,” She said as she walked towards the car, she put her bag inside and faced him again.

“Lawyer ahjussi is way out of my league.” She mused before getting inside the car, Sehun smiled and held on the car’s door.

“I’ll see you at Chaeyoung noona’s party.” He cupped her cheek briefly before closing the door. Sehun exhaled and watched as the Rover sped away from the building, he turned behind him.

“Did he leave already?” He spoke to the male, he nodded.

“Yes, sir.”

“Good.” Sehun said as he walked back to the building as the other males from earlier bowed as he passed by them.

 

 

Chanyeol glanced at his cousin briefly as the meeting went on, Somin was leaning back on her chair, her arms crossed and forehead creased.

“Green energy was suggested by our very own director Park.” One of the managers spoke, Chanyeol looked at Somin again.

“She suggested that as a company, Park Holdings should start to slowly move towards a more environment friendly approach to how we do our business. We already have started with some our factories, right, director?”

All eyes went to Somin, Chanyeol’s forehead furrowed deeply. Somin was just staring at the folders before her.

“Director Park?”

The directors were all staring at her, Chanyeol cleared his throat.

“Somin-ah?” He called her, Somin blinked and looked up. She halted when she noticed that everyone was staring at her.

“I’m really sorry…Excuse me.” She blurted out as she stood up, she bowed politely to the other executives before stepping out of the room.

Somin exhaled as she padded towards her office, she found her secretary inside, preparing her coffee.

Is the meeting over, director?

“I couldn’t focus, anyway,” She said as she sat down and shook off her heels.

I just got this.” He said as he took out a photo, Somin took it from him and she paused.

It’s that address the landlord gave you.

Sammy looked at the photo, it was a front of an old building. She studied the street signs and she shook her head.

“It’s in Seoul, but not in the downtown area. I visited it earlier, saldy, the office is closed. It’s been closed for two years now.”

“What did you say it was? A lending firm?”

Dave nodded, Somin exhaled and bit her lip.

“How about the child?”

“Nothing about a child, but across the building, there’s a small bakery. I spoke with the owner and,”

“And what?”

“The man said that he knew Hong Daehwi ever since he started working across the street, he even met his girlfriend.”

Oh, wow.

“You’re expecting me check on the girlfriend, huh?” Dave asked, Somin chuckled.

“That and the child too.”

“And director?”

“What now?” Somin was looking at her computer.

“I’m sure you heard about the rumors? About you becoming a target because lawyer Oh has enemies?”

Somin exhaled and shook her head, she leaned back on her seat and closed her eyes.

“Is something wrong, director? It’s not like you to leave a meeting.”

“I…just don’t understand, Dave. Jaebum…why does he keep on doing this?”

“Is this about what happened earlier? At Choi and Min?”

Somin nodded and sighed, she picked up her coffee and took a small sip.

“Can I speak freely, director?”

Sammy nodded for him to go ahead.

“He wants you back, director.”

“He…He kind of told me that, but…Dave, I don’t need that right now. There’s so much on my plate, and I just really..really need a break from all this. I mean, look at me.”

Dave bit his lip.

I had my together back in Singapore, no breakdowns, no exes chasing me down. And now, my parents are having this nationwide press covered divorce, I kissed a stranger in public and I’m doing background checks on children!” She muttered as she rubbed her temples.

“And, director? There’s something you need to know.”

What now? Do people think~

“We found the man who burned your car.”

 

 

“What?” Kai hissed as he stepped out of the elevator, he was on the phone with his secretary.

“The police just found him, they reported to have discovered a half empty gallon of gasoline blocks away from the parking lot. It had his prints all over it.”

“And where is he now?” Kai asked as his car pulled over in front of him, the vale slid down and bowed politely.

“At the station, but,”

“But what else?” Kai said as he got inside the vehicle and stepped on the gas.

“On the day of the incident, he received three hundred million won from an untraceable account.”

Kai shook his head and started to speed away from the Samsung building.

“Does the media know?”

“It’s been covered, sir. And, vice president Park has been informed about this. He has his PR team on full control over it.”

“Who else knows?” Kai asked carefully.

“Lawyer Oh and miss Park, actually, he was the one who found out first. One of his….found the gasoline container and submitted it to the police.”

Oh no.

“Are you saying that because lawyer Oh knows?”

“No. Sammy will hunt him down.”

 

 

Somin slid down from the car and marched towards the revolving doors.

“Young miss!” Some of the employees greeted her as she passed by, she gave them curt nods as she walked towards the elevator.

“Somin?”

She paused, and her brows went up. Hong Daehwi was making his way towards her, she smiled.

“Just the person I was looking for,” She said pleasantly.

“I heard from your mother, she really feels disappointed that you~”

“I don’t want to hear about my mother.” Sammy chuckled as she faced him, Hong Daehwi smiled back at her.

“I want to hear about you,”

Hong Daehwi paused, his brows rose.

“Okay, we can do this in my office and~”

"There's no way you'll see me inside your office. That's way below my pay grade."

"Somin-ah, I know your opinion of me~"

 

“Why did you send that stout man to burn my perfectly y BMW?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++