043

Lost and Found

Kai looked at his friend as he sat across her, Somin was in the process of finishing her cup of chamomile tea.

“You know; I am going to ask questions.” Kai started as he set his cup down, Somin exhaled and looked at him.

“I didn’t realize that I was being followed until it was too late, I would have called others if I didn’t panic.” She recited, Kai sighed and shook his head.

“I didn’t mean that. What happened between you and Kia? I thought you were going to burst into tears in his arms when you saw him earlier.”

Somin paused, her forehead creased and she set her cup down.

“I heard from the guards you were calling him while that happened.”

“I was.”

“Ya, you’re not mad at him because he couldn’t pick up, right? Sammy, we’re not highschoolers~”

“Ani, I got to his office safely, just a bleeding forehead that’s all. Then I see him at the café, having coffee with Jung Minhee.”

“He even had the gall to appear shocked when he saw me.” She added as she crossed her arms, Kai blinked at her as realization started to hit him.

“You think Sehun would purposely ignore your calls? Are you sick?”

“Ya, how could you not notice that your phone~”

“This isn’t about Sehun not picking up, this is about Minhee.” Kai pointed out, Somin chewed on her lower lip.

“Sammy, look, the fact that Sehun gave up his commoner cover for you already speaks a lot, you can’t let something like this get to you.”

“Well it’s pretty hard to get over it when you were almost roadkill while your boyfriend was enjoying coffee with the smart Jung Minhee.” Somin stood up from her seat and walked towards the kitchen.

“Ya, you were the one who wanted not to have guards today.” Kai said as he followed her.

“Exactly, and it frustrates me that I cannot be mad at him because I’m at fault too.” She said as she pushed the jar of cookies away from her.

“Well, he should have checked his phone, but,” Kai murmured.

“Exactly.” Somin pointed out, Kai sighed.

“Shower and get some rest, Park Somin. I’ll order lunch for us.”

 

 

“She’s ignoring your calls. Fair enough.” Jena mused, Chanyeol grinned at him.

“So, it was Hong Daehwi?” Chaeyoung asked, Sehun nodded as he set his phone on the table. The four were out for late lunch, Jena and Chaeyoung were in shock when they saw what had happened to the car and they both cussed loudly the moment they heard Sammy needed to get an X-ray.

“He said it was just to scare her, hyung. But what bothered me is that,” Sehun exhaled.

“He was going to pay him more if he managed to take Somin. He wanted to kidnap her.”

Chanyeol’s forehead creased, Sehun looked around them.

“Who knows what else he’s planning?” Sehun finished as he picked up his fork, Jena paused as she noticed the bloodstain on Sehun’s jeans.

“So, where were you before this?” She asked suspiciously.

“I found the owner of the car and threw him a party.” Sehun replied flatly before starting to eat.

“Must be fun.” Chanyeol commented dryly, Sehun shook his head.

“Ya, she’s okay. Her results came out well, nothing broken.” He tried to reassure him.

“Still, I could have prevented it if I picked up her call, hyung.”

“You already caught the guy, Sehun-ah.” Chaeyoung nudged him.

“Still doesn’t change the fact that Sammy ignored him twice today.” Jena mused, Chanyeol sent her a look.

 

 

Sammy scratched the back of her head as she joined Kai in the living room, he was in the middle of watching a Harry Potter film.

“Do you want something to munch on?” She asked.

“Sehun has been calling you.” He replied as he pointed his foot towards her phone, which she had left downstairs.

“I’ll go make popcorn.” She nodded as she walked towards the kitchen, Kai shook his head.

"Not exactly the healthiest dinner, but okay." He called back at her. Somin didn't reply.

“Why can’t she just admit that she got jealous? It’s so much easier if she just tells him to stop talking to Minhee.” Kai muttered to himself.

Somin reached the kitchen and took out a bag of microwaveable popcorn, she turned to the windows and saw two of Sehun’s men pass by.

“Young miss?”

She looked up, one of the guards was standing by the patio doors.

“Come in,” She waved him over.

“The young master wanted me to inform you that..we got the driver.”

Sammy’s brows rose, Kai came walking towards them.

“His name is Jo Inkyu, ma’am. And, he was being paid to hurt you.”

“Paid?” Somin started to shake her head.

“We don’t even need to guess who paid him.” Kai crossed his arms, the guard nodded.

“It was Hong Daehwi, ma’am.”

Somin put the bowl away and exhaled.

“And, the young master wanted us to ask you on what we should do.”

“What?” Sammy looked up, the male took out a tablet and handed it to her. It was a live feed footage of Hong Daehwi having dinner with some friends at a restaurant in downtown Seoul.

“We can have him take down right now, young miss. We just need a go signal from you.” He said politely. Kai balked, Somin blinked and returned the device to the male.

“Then, if you have other things in mind, young miss. Just tell us.”

“Sammy, don’t~”

“Make him sick. Make him embarrass himself at the restaurant.” Sammy blurted out, Kai winced.

“Yes, we’ll get to it right away, young miss. And,”

“We’ve already replaced your car.” He said before bowing and leaving the two, Kai smiled to himself and shook his head.

“Oh Sehun, really.” He mused before walking back to the living room. Somin chewed on the insides of her cheek before glancing at her phone again.

Yeah, Oh Sehun, really.

 

 

Sehun leaned his head back on the seat as he looked at the house, he was parked right at Somin’s curb. A few minutes ago, he saw Kai step out of the double doors and gave him a small shrug as he got in his car and sped away.

There were four guards patrolling around the property while Somin rested inside her home, Sehun exhaled and slid down from his vehicle and walked towards the house.

He made his way towards the staircase and went to her room directly, he found the doors opened and he paused.

“Can I come in?” He spoke, he heard Somin turn down the volume of her music.

“You’re already inside.” She replied, Sehun bit his lip and walked in the room, Somin was seated at the center of her bed, with her laptop on her lap.

“Can we talk? Or will continue to ignore me?” Sehun asked lightly as he sat beside her, Somin shut her laptop close.

“What brings you here?” She said as she set her gadget aside.

“You. I need to check on you.” He replied, Somin refused to meet his gaze.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get to answer you calls, we were having a short snack break with the other partners when one of the managing partners asked me about this new case the firm took on. And,”

“You left your phone at the table.” Somin finished for him, Sehun paused and he nodded.

Somin’s brows furrowed and she looked at her palms, Sehun pulled the girl to his chest and wrapped his arms around her frame.

“You had no idea how I felt when I saw you bleeding.” He murmured as he pressed his nose against her hair.

“It’s not that bad, I didn’t need stiches.” She said in a muffled voice, Sehun shook his head and made her lean on him.

“I don’t like it. I hate it.” Sehun said, Somin pulled back to look at him, her brows rose as he noticed his black turtleneck sweater and jeans get up.

“You didn’t come from work.” She said.

“Do you really want to know?” He said with a small smile, Sammy bit her lip.

“No, but maybe tomorrow.” She nodded to herself, Sehun chuckled before cupping both of her cheeks and pressing his lips against hers.

“I’m really sorry, miss Park.” He murmured as his lips brushed against hers, Sammy’s lips quirked up before kissing him back.

“But, I’m really sleepy, do you plan staying the night? I can’t entertain you that much.” She murmured as she pulled back, Sehun shook his head.

“I’m not letting you out of my sight.”

“Okay, get out.” Sammy stated flatly, Sehun chuckled and just pulled the covers over the two of them.

“Ya, Oh Sehun~”

“Just let me hold you tonight, Park Somin. I was about to lose it earlier,” He said softly, Somin bit her lip but she nodded. Sehun smiled and opened his arms to her again as he lay down on the mattress.

“I swear to god if Jaejoong oppa drops by tomorrow, we’re both dead, mafia background or not.” She muttered before letting Sehun pull her to his chest.

He smiled and kissed her forehead before closing his eyes, soon Somin was already fast asleep. Sehun shifted his weight, and his eyes went to the windows, he pulled the blanket closer to Somin and his grip on it tightened.

 

“I’m going to get him.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++