038

Lost and Found

 

“Ah, that controversial divorce? The managing partners took that one?” Minhee asked as they stepped in the company cafeteria.

“Yes, that’s how I met her.” Sehun replied.

“Is that your way of putting how you ended up dating Park Holdings’ daughter?” Minhee as they queued for their food.

“Was it that obvious?” Sehun mused back as he picked up their trays.

“Oppa, you rarely looked at women when we were in school, I mean, sure you were nice to Jena sunbae, but only because she’s with Jongin sunbae.”

“Good point.” Sehun nodded along as he looked at the dishes before them.

“Did I come too late? You never even asked me out in college.” She chuckled to herself as she asked for a serving of beef ribs. Sehun smiled and took out his wallet.

“You always smile when I ask you that, oppa.” She said as they walked towards their table.

“Because, there’s nothing to discuss about. It~” His phone beeped, he took it out and answered.

“Meeting starts in a few minutes, can I call you if I ever get in trouble?” Somin murmured, Minhee watched as the male before her smiled. She exhaled and her grip on her spoon tightened.

“Let the guards into the room, they’ll make sure you’re safe.”

“Sehun~”

“We made a deal, they’re part of the package. I’ll swing by later. Good luck, miss Park.”

Somin grunted before ending the call, Sehun chuckled before setting his phone down.

Minhee looked away before starting to eat.

 

 

Somin leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs, she watched as her mother and uncle walk in the room. The meeting was about to start in a few minutes and they were just waiting for the chairman to arrive.

Her brows went up as Hong Daehwi strolled into the room, her brows went up.

“Excuse me,” Jaejoong stood up from his seat, all eyes were on him.

“But, why is he here?” He questioned as he pointed towards Daehwi, Somin grinned at him.

“He has an issue to bring up with the board, president.” Somin’s mother spoke, Myungsoo leaned on his desk.

“I know that, but he is not supposed to be in here. Board of directors only, and he is no longer affiliated with the company.”

“Jaejoong-ah, your cousin fired him for no reason~”

Somin stood up from her seat, the room turned quiet.

“Do you need security to have him hauled out? Because we can do that.” She stated, the directors started to murmur amongst each other.

“Somin, not here~”

“You see, directors,” Somin faced the group and walked towards the front.

“This man right here, has a fake diploma. He claims to have finished studying at SNU, but no, he did not.”

The murmurs turned louder, Somin exhaled and started to speak again.

“I know, my differences with my mother has been made public in the company, but I am speaking with the fate of the company in mind here,”

She saw her grandfather walk in the room, she paused but the elder gave her a nod to continue.

“There has been some issues with the finance department in recent months, direcrepancies are quite obvious with the sheets. And,”

Hong Daehwi froze on his seat, Sammy grinned at him.

“I just found out that Hong Daehwi here, the finance department’s manager, has been submitting fake financial statements to the board. I have proof here that shows his signature on the said documents.”

“Somin, stop this!” Her mother marched towards her, but before she could reach the girl, three males in black suits blocked her path. Jaejoong and Myungsoo’s brows went up.

“We’re sorry, ma’am. We are under strict orders to guard the young miss.” One spoke, Somin smirked at his mother.

“So, I am here to propose one thing, I think it is best for all of us to vote.” Somin faced the directors again.

“I don’t think it’s right to let my mother, director Hyung Misook continue maintaining her seat in this company, since the public already knows of her relationship with Hong Daehwi.”

“Park Somin!” Her mother hissed, but guards continued to block her.

“It might affect Korea Air badly if they find out that one of my grandfather’s children has been in a relationship with someone like him. A fraud.”

“I agree with director Park.” The chairman spoke, Misook stared at her father in disbelief.

“Voting starts in ten minutes.”

 

 

Somin stood by the floor length windows, she exhaled before wrapping her arms around herself. It was all done, her mother was stripped off of her seat in the board.

And Hong Daehwi had left the building with her, and everything that had happened earlier was released to the public.

She chewed on the insides of her cheeks as she looked at the view.

“What you did doesn’t make you a bad daughter.” A voice said softly before she felt two arms wrap from behind her.

“Why does it feel like I am?” She murmured as she placed her hand over Sehun’s. She felt him shake his head before leaning his chin on her shoulder.

“You had to keep everyone in the family safe. She’ll realize that soon.” He said quietly, Somin exhaled before shrugging.

“If this doesn’t work, I don’t know what else will.” She said as she turned to face him, Sehun smiled and pointed towards her desk.

“I didn’t want to come empty-handed.” He said, Somin looked at the bouquet of flowers and bag of food.

“Can we eat this out? Staying here is suffocating.” She asked, Sehun nodded and picked up the burgers.

“So, that’s really the priority, huh? The burgers?” Somin said teasingly as she asked for a vase from her secretary.

“You come first, I think.” He replied cheekily as she got her purse, Somin laughed. The two stepped out of the office while chatting, employees would glance at them as they passed by. People were already well informed about their new boss, but her boyfriend who always dropped was a mystery.

“Right,” Sammy spoke up as they got in the elevator.

“Kai mentioned that he was working with Kia on a project. Something like a tax-free shopping mall for tourists. It’s interesting.” She nodded.

“Must we talk about business?” Sehun groaned, she chuckled and looped her arm around his. Somin was about to speak when Sehun’s phone started to ring, she glanced at the screen as he took it out.

Minhee

“I’m not in the office, what is it?” Sehun said as he answered.

“Ah, right, oppa? I was thinking about grabbing snacks together. How about tomorrow?”

Sammy blinked and looked up, she was eyeing his phone warily.

“I’m not sure, I’ll call you tomorrow.” Sehun said politely before ending the call. The doors pinged open and the two stepped out.

“We’re taking my car. I’m driving.” Somin stated, Sehun nodded as they reached the lobby.

“Oppa, can we grab salad on the way?” Somin asked him with wide eyes, Sehun chortled.

“You heard that?” He mused as Somin’s R8 rolled in the curb.

“Somin’s not deaf, oppa.” She stuck her tongue out at him before approaching her car. Sehun chuckled before following the girl.

 

 

Hong Daehwi exhaled as he stepped in his home study, he could hear Misook speaking in hushed tones in the living room.

He loosened his tie and sat down on his desk. Somin had done it, her mother had no control or say over the company anymore. And he was officially out from being part of Korea Air.

He shook his head and took out his phone.

“Proceed with what we spoke about.” He said as the man on the other line answered.

“But, sir, we heard about that lawyer. Miss Park’s boyfriend, he…managed to break~”

“I know, I heard what he did to Nam Dookwan.” Daehwi hissed and slammed his palm on the desk.

“What do you want us to do?”

“Surely, there will be a time when she’ll be alone.” He said conversationally.

“Well, yes, but her home is also surrounded by guards, sir.”

“Find a loophole, there will be one. And when you do, make sure you bring that girl to me.” Daehwi stated.

“What will we do with that lawyer? He might get in the way, sir.”

Daehwi’s lips quirked up.

 

“He won’t be hard to deal with, what can that punk do? Sue me?” He chortled before ending the call.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++