003

Lost and Found

“Do your parents know you’re in town?” Chanyeol asked as they walked in the Park residence.

“Well, I’m planning on calling them tomorrow, but I figured, I might as well enjoy some time without the smothering.” She pointed out as they reached the living room.

“Vice president,” Her secretary joined them, Chanyeol turned to him.

“Say hi, this is my older cousin, or my boss, president Park Chanyeol.” She said quickly, the male bowed politely.

“To be honest, she's the one who usually calls the shots.” Chanyeol chuckled, Somin rolled her eyes at him.

“I’m going to be out of town tomorrow, I need to be in Busan for a meeting.” Chanyeol pointed out as they walked towards the kitchen.

“Don’t worry, I can take care of myself, oppa. Besides, I’m meeting Kai and Jena tomorrow.”

“Good.” Chanyeol smiled before wrapping his younger cousin in a tight hug.

“Welcome home, Sammy.” He mused before letting go.

“Only for a week, you know how the weather here gets to me.” She bid him a good night before heading up the stairs.

Chanyeol exhaled and puffed his cheeks.

“She probably doesn’t know.” He said quietly before going to his study.

 

 

“Oh my god, Somin!”

Somin turned just as a girl dressed in a muted orange mini dress walked up to her, her feet were clad with crystal encrusted Loboutin flats and a small Hermes purse hung on her shoulder.

“Is this summer in Korea chic?” She grinned before hugging the girl.

“Is this how to tear a company apart chic?” Jena playfully shot back, Somin was dressed in a tuxedo dress with a pair of heels.

“When you said you wanted to go shopping, I had to be ready for war.” She snorted as they walked together.

“So, it’s been a while since you were last here. About two years, huh?”

“Well, a few months~”

“A layover doesn’t count, Sam.” Jena cut her, Somin shrugged.

“Seoul was never home, J. You know that.”

“You met Kai in Seoul, you two grew up together.” Jena said as they got inside the department store.

“I met Kai when I was in diapers, and I left before high school.” She corrected her.

“You love Singapore so much that it .” She muttered, Somin chuckled.

“So, how are things? Is my best friend treating you right?” She asked as they got on an escalator.

“Well, Jongin is Jongin. But, rumors about him taking over is actually giving him stress. I feel bad.”

Somin paused, her eyes went to the YSL shoe display.

“We all can’t escape that, that taking over thing.” She murmured, Jena nodded in reply.

“We can only hope that we do well. And not up.” Somin hummed.

“This is what I missed, Samantha Park and her wonderful choice of words.”

 

 

“Lunch? Right now?”

“Yeah, you said you were free. You lost the bet.” Kai warned as he got in his car, he heard his friend sigh from the other end.

“Just text me the address, I’ll try to make it on time.” His friend replied.

“I better order a lot before you arrive.” Kai mused as he started to speed away from his office.

“You said you knew someone from Park Holdings.”

“Why don’t you just give Chanyeol hyung a call?” Kai shrugged as he stepped on the gas.

“You know the rules.”

Kai sighed and shook his head.

“You and your rules, life would be so much easier if just use your~”

“I’m busy, I’ll call you later.”

“But the person I know will probably wont be of any help to you, you prick.”

“Never mind then, I always had a feeling you were just all talk.” He said before ending the call.

“Dealing with him is like mental torture.” Kai muttered to himself as he reached the restaurant.

 

 

Kai stood up as soon as he saw the two ladies walked in the establishment.

“Which mall did you close down today?” He asked with a warm smile before kissing Jena’s cheek.

“We should have borrowed your card before leaving.” Jena hummed before sitting down, Somin narrowed her eyes at him.

“The reason why I had to rush home, this fool.” She stated before returning Kai’s hug. Jena chuckled, she didn’t notice how Somin had slipped a small box in Kai’s coat pocket.

“Really? He asked you to come home?” Jena looked up, Kai and Somin froze up and stared at her.

“Y—Yeah, I’m actually planning to buy my parents a gift. I needed her opinion.” Kai said quickly and made Somin sit down, she looked at the table.

“Are we expecting someone else?” She asked as she noticed another plate across her.

“Yeah, one of our friends from college. He’s a lawyer.” Jena replied as Kai waved the waiter over.

“Fish for you, right?” Kai asked Jena. The girl nodded back, Somin looked around the restaurant.

“Sam?”

“Just a salad, I had a heavy breakfast,” Somin replied.

“Chanyeol oppa must have forced fed you.” Jena spoke.

“You have no idea, he thinks I’m too skinny.” Somin fiddled with her phone.

“Right, you look like you’ve lost weight.” Kai chimed in just as the waiter left.

“That’s actually a compliment, but, I’m just too busy. Singapore got so busy, with all the developments. My head’s about to explode.” She shrugged as she picked up her glass of water.

“Aren’t you built for that? Take all the work and run the company?” Kai replied while looking back at the entrance doors.

“Is he trying to start a fight?” Somin faced Jena, she grinned.

“He just misses you.” Jena replied, Somin blinked at Kai and followed his gaze.

“Where is he looking at? Is he checking out other girls right in front of you?”

“No, our college buddy, oh look. He’s here.” Jena jutted her lips towards the doors.

Somin looked up just as a tall male in a three-piece suit walked into the hall. His eyes met hers briefly before he looked around the restaurant.

Wow.” Somin blurted to herself before checking her phone again.

“I know, right?” Jena mused at her, then Kai stared to wave him over.

 

“Sehun-ah!”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++