018

Lost and Found

a/n: You will love this chapter. lol

 

 

“She’s seeing him. They’re together.”

As soon as those words left Jaebum’s lips, Somin started to panic. No, she had no plans to extend the lie to her parents.

“Really? Is he the reason why you came home, daughter?” Her mother chuckled at her, Somin glanced at Sehun behind her.

“Heol, you never even properly asked me out.” She blurted, Sehun paused and blinked at her.

Jaebum’s brows rose at her reply, Somin let out a small breath before speaking again.

“No, I came home for Kai, eomma. Because he needed my help, your divorce is the reason why I got nailed down here and,” She spoke as she turned to Sehun.

“Jaebum’s just playing you, eomma. This guy is way out of my league.” She grinned at her parent, Sehun hid his smile.

“Help me, you idiot.” Somin muttered under her breath.

“Is that so? It doesn’t look like it.” Mrs. Park’s tone was careful, Sehun’s eyes went to Hong Daehwi.

“Right, lawyer Oh?” Sammy elbowed Sehun, Jaebum watched the two of them. His brows furrowed when Sehun’s arm s around Sammy’s waist.

“I’m letting you decide on this one, young miss. I’ll go get you another drink.” Sehun winked at her before stepping away.

Sammy groaned mentally, she faced her mother again.

“You didn’t really have to come. I know you got an invite, but it’s not really~”

“Sammy, not here.” Her mother sighed, Somin exhaled, she looked at Hong Daehwi.

“I’m watching you.” She stated flatly before taking Jaebum by the sleeve of his coat and pulling him towards the doors.

 

 

“What was that?” Chanyeol asked as he sat beside Chaeyoung, the girl chuckled.

“I totally support that, oppa.” Jena nodded along.

“Did Sehun just…play along with Im Jaebum’s crap?” Chanyeol muttered as he examining his plate, he shook his head and picked up his water.

“I don’t understand, what is he trying to do? He wont gain anything even if the elders think that Sammy is dating Sehun.” Jena stated, she glanced up and saw Jaebum and Sammy disappearing through the crowd.

“Actually, there is something to gain. Well, in his way of thinking.” Kai shrugged.

“What?” Chaeyoung chimed in.

“Jaebum said something about Sehun being not in Sammy’s level. She said that to her face.”

“Brave.” Chanyeol chuckled.

“He thinks that the elders wont approve of Sehun because of his background.”

“Why? Does he want her back?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, Kai stared at him and slowly nodded.

“From the way I see it, hyung. Jaebum…that never got over her. And, with Sammy being back, he’s shaken by it.”

“But his wedding is coming up.”

“An arranged one.” Jena stated, Chanyeol grew quiet.

“Well, whatever, I’m all for lawyer Oh and young miss Park.” Jena pressed her palms together.

“And, I don’t think Sammy…Sammy has let go of him either.” Kai muttered to himself before finishing his plate.

 

 

Somin exhaled and let go of his sleeve, they were at an empty hallway just outside the party.

“Look, I don’t know what you’re playing, but this has to stop, Jaebum.”

“Somin-ah, I’m~”

“I don’t need you to look out for me. I’ve been doing that on my own for years now.” She cut him off, she bit the insides of her cheeks as she met his gaze.

“Somin, I can’t.”

“You can’t what? Mind your own business? Jaebum, you have a fiancé!”

“You know that it’s arranged. I don’t even know her that well!” He shot back.

“So, what do you want me to do? I’ve been trying to forget you for years now, and I thought I already did. And know you’re back, creating trouble again. Why can’t you just~” Somin trailed off and looked away.

“Why do I have to know that? Why do I have to know about your arranged marriage, Jaebum?”

“Because I can’t.” He said simply, Somin started to shake her head.

“I can’t let you go, Somin. I don’t think I ever did.”

Somin stilled, she could only stare back at him.

“Somin-ah, please…Just one word from you, and I’ll stop the wedding.” Jaebum reached for her hand, Somin opened to talk.

“Jaebum, with everything’s that going on in my life right now..How could you do this?” She said as she pulled her hand away, Jaebum’s eyes widened.

“Somin, we don’t~”

“We’re already broken up, Jaebum. So, stop bothering me or any of my friends. Please.”

“I want you back, Park Somin.” He stated again, Somin shook her head.

“Maybe if you said that years ago, things wouldn’t have to be this way.” Somin said before walking back towards the doors.

 

 

Sehun was sitting by the bar when he saw Somin step back in the room, the girl looked shaken and a little confused. He slid down from his stool and crossed the hall to reach her.

“Sammy,” He spoke, Somin paused and looked at him.

“That was something, letting me decide on that.” She said to him offered his arm to her, Sehun exhaled.

“It’s your mother, Sammy. I don’t want to interfere.” He said softly, she slowly shook her head at him.

“Are you okay?” Sehun stopped walking and made the girl face him, tears were starting to form around her eyes.

“Hey,” Sehun’s brows furrowed together.

“I just…” She stopped when she saw Jaebum walk in the hall, Nayoung looked up from her table and sauntered towards him.

“Did he say something?” Sehun nudged her again, Somin’s gaze went back to him.

“I need to be focused, Oh Sehun. So many people are watching me now, this isn’t Singapore, I can’t..just relax and be,” She trailed off.

“What are you trying to say?” Sehun smiled at her, he tilted his head at her questioningly.

“I can’t be distracted again, not by him.”

“Are we talking about Jaebum or Hong Daehwi? Because, people are beginning to stare at us.” Sehun looked around them, he gestured for Sammy to walk to their table.

“I need a favor.” She spoke again.

“Anything, let’s just go and sit~”

“I need Jaebum to stop, Sehun.”

“Stop, what? Assuming that we’re dating? Becaue the longer we stand in the middle of this room, people will also think the same.” Sehun sighed, he was tempted to pull the girl across the hall.

“No.”

“Huh?”

 

“I’m sorry.” She said in a quiet apologetic tone before pulling his necktie down and then she pressed her lips against his.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++