019

Lost and Found

Kai almost spat on his glass as he watched the scene unfold, Chanyeol started to scratch the back of his head and he turned away.

“Okay, what was that?” Jena muttered, Chaeyoung was smiling as she looked at the two.

“Did she eat something wrong?” Kai muttered to himself, he looked around them and lo and behold, people were watching the two with interest.

Somin took a step back from Sehun, her brows were knitted together as she looked at him. Kai stood up from his seat and slowly started to approach the two.

“Sehun, I~”

“I need…to make a call. I’ll see you later.” Sehun swallowed, he cupped the back of her neck before stepping away from her.

Somin bit her lip and closed her eyes briefly, she felt someone pat her back.

“That was some crazy you just pulled, but,” Kai said as he gently steered her away from people’s view of her.

“I needed an escape.”

“And you asked Sehun if he can your escape?” Kai asked as they reached their table.

“He was…the closest..I mean nearest one I could see?” She blinked at him slowly.

“Really?” Kai sent her a dry look.

“I mean; I can’t possibly kiss you. People will laugh.”

“Park Somin.” Kai let out a big sigh before making her sit down.

 

 

Sehun stepped out of the party and took out his phone, he chewed on his lower lip as he waited for the other line to pick up.

“You must be happy, huh?”

Sehun paused and glanced behind him, Jaebum was standing a few meters away from him.

“Excuse me?” Sehun put his phone down.

“I don’t know how you did it, but I have to hand it to you. You’re good.” Jaebum said to him as he put his hands in his pockets.

“What are you trying to say?” Sehun replied.

“I’m just wondering how many lies you fed her just so she’d go out with you.”

Sehun’s brows went up, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“I never lied to her. I don’t need to lie to her so she’d go out with me.”

Jaebum smirked at him.

“Really? And how long do you think you two would last? Her parents will never approve of you.” Jaebum pointed out, Sehun started to smile.

“I just don’t understand why this all matters to you. You’re in her past. You don’t matter to her anymore.” Sehun pointed out, Jaebum halted, his forehead creased.

“So, just stay in the past. And stop bothering her.” Sehun said before turning his back to the male and heading back to the party.

 

 

Somin exhaled as she excused herself from some of the members of their BOD, she made her way towards the doors and paused.

She was about to grab herself another drink when someone spoke.

“I think you’ve had enough for the night.”

She glanced behind her, Sehun was looking at her pensively.

“I can explain.” She said quickly, the male shook his head and offered his arm to her.

“I know I just overstepped some boundaries, I mean, I just overstepped on every boundary, but…Sehun, I~”

“I’m going to assume that Jaebum said some things.” He met her gaze evenly, Somin paused.

“With Jaebum…things get complicated, and I needed him to just..stay away.”

“Somin-ah,” Sehun gently pulled her away from the crowd.

“I know what kind of trouble I just dragged you in, and don’t worry. I’ll be on full damage control, this wont affect your work or~”

“I wasn’t going to ask about that, I just wanted to know why you need him to stay away.” Sehun said, Somin’s brows rose in confusion.

“Sehun, I just kissed you in a room full of Choi and Min clients, my mother was right in front of us.”

“I can take care of that.” Sehun replied, Sammy shook her head.

“He..told me about his relationship with Nayoung. It’s all fake, I mean, it’s decided by the elders.”

“An arranged marriage?” Sehun said, Somin nodded.

“And, he said some things tonight that would really…”

“Complicate things.” Sehun finished for her, Sammy exhaled.

“He wants you back, doesn’t he?” Sehun spoke again, Sammy paused, her forehead creased before speaking again.

“I’m sorry, lawyer Oh. I can’t say that I didn’t mean to kiss you, but I really didn’t mean to have people talk about you.” She said softly, Sehun’s lips quirked up.

“Hey, at least you got Jaebum to stay away, right?” Sehun nudged her.

“How are you not bothered by all this?”

Sehun smiled and opened his arms to her.

“I can handle it, Sammy. You don’t need to worry.” He said as Sammy let him wrap his arms around her, he smiled and looked up, Jaebum was staring right at them.

“Guys like him are easy to handle.” Sehun murmured to himself.

 

 

“What happened back there, Sammy?” Kai asked as he leaned back on his stool, the two friends were at the hotel’s rooftop bar.

“I kissed your friend and he doesn’t seem bothered about it,”

“Enough about Sehun, I meant Jaebum. What did he want?”

Sammy paused and ran her fingers through her hair in frustration, she picked up a slice of apple and pushed it away from her.

“He said that…one word from me and he’d stop the wedding.”

Kai froze and turned to her.

“Kai, I…I can’t deal with that right now, I don’t have the time for..things like him.”

“Things? Somin-ah, if he affects you this much, then you’re not over him.”

“What do you want me to say, Kai? Do you think it’s easy? I met his fiancé over dinner, for Christ’s sake!”

“Sammy, he wants you back and you shouldn’t be speaking to him again~”

“And you didn’t even tell me, Kai, I know that you knew before I did.” She pointed out, Kai looked away.

“I wanted to tell you, but I thought that it would have been better if you never found out.”

The girl remained quiet, she just continued to listlessly fidget with her phone.

“Sammy, Sehun doesn’t like this kind of thing. You just put eyes on him, and he hates that.” Kai said softly.

“I’m on full damage control right now, as we speak, Kim Jongin. People will only talk about him for two days, tops.”

Kai exhaled and looked at the night sky.

“Jaebum will not let this go, Sammy. He already sees Sehun as competition, you saw what he did back there. He wanted to embarrass him because he thinks your mother would not approve of Sehun.”

“Well, that’s something Jaebum has to deal with.” She replied, Kai looked past her shoulder and saw Sehun standing by the benches while discussing with someone on the phone.

“Just..cut him off, Somin. Before things get serious, you know him, Jaebum’s not the type to let go of things easily.”

“I will. Let it go, Kai.” She said before sliding down from her stool and walking away from him, Sehun glanced up from his phone, Somin gave him a small wave before getting in the elevator.

“You have no idea what kind of damage control he needs,” Kai said quietly as he watched Sehun end his call and walked up to the girl.

 

“And what kind of damage he can make.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++