Chapter Fifty Eight: Byakugan VS. Daigan

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"AAHHHHHHH!" Naruto's shrill scream boomed around the stadium, I jumped at its high pitch, spinning around on my heel to watch Naruto skid on the dirt.
He was face down, the entire front of him covered in it. I shook my head. The audience erupted in a bunch of mumbled, I stood over Naruto with my hands on my hips. He sure knows how to make an entrance. I sighed, shaking my head.

"Naruto!" Sakura gasped out from the stands, her eyes wide as she looked down at us from the audience. Ino scoffed, sitting next to her on the benches, her arms crossed. "Yeah, but he's totally late." Ino huffed, squinting her eyes down at him. "Of course." Ino added, shaking her head. 

Shikamaru turned to us, his hands in his pockets as he watched me bend down to Naruto, his arm draped over my shoulders and I picked him up. "Y'know, sometimes you really are an idiot, Naruto." I mumbled down at him, Naruto let out a loud groan, his eyes flickering open. "Ah!" Naruto shouted, jumping up to his feet, his fists clenched.
"Guys! Run! You won't believe this, but," Naruto shouted, pointing back at the gates. "But there's a huge heard of stampeding bulls coming this way!" Naruto's eyes were wide, "What?" I tilted my head, my arms crossed. "I'm serious!" Naruto shouted back at me, "There must be a million of em......coming.....this....way...." Naruto gulped as he looked behind him.
All eyes were on him, a bead of sweat ran down the side of his face. He looked at all of the other candidate's lines up in the middle of the stadium, he furrowed his brow. "Huh? Wait, where's Sasuke?" He asked, turning his head from side to side. "Looks like your boyfriend isn't here yet, Naruto." I poked his arm teasingly, "What?!" He shouted back at me,his voice cracking as he clenched his fists. "Heh!" I giggled, Naruto gritted his teeth as I started to dance around him, proud of my choice of words.
"Hey. You two, knock it off." Genma called out, I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned my head over to him, "Quit your fidgeting, you two." Genma said in a commanding voice.
"Stand up straight and present yourself proudly to the spectators."
I gulped, walking forward into the line, Naruto by my side as we look up at the crowd. Screams and shouts roared, echoing loudly through the stadiums. Everyone was cheering, waving their hands down at us. The crowd moved into a blur of different colours, blues and whites, pinks and greys. They were all shining down on us.
"You guys are the heroes of the final competition." Genma called out, we all were silent. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Hokage sat high above, a little taller than the stadiums. He had one of the best views of the arena. 
"No signs of Sasuke yet?" Sarutobi asked Raido close by his side, Raido stood up straight, his hands behind his back as he looked down at the arena.
"No. A team of Anbu black ops are searching for him, but so far, they've found nothing." Raido explained, leaning in a bit closer to Sarutobi, "He may already be in Orochimaru's hands." Raido whispered, Sarutobi closed his eyes.
"In which case, of course, we may never find him." Raido gave a small sigh, standing back up straight. Sarutobi nodded, 
"I understand." Sarutobi nodded, turning his head over to the right.
"Aha! You've made it." He called out, smiling "Welcome, Lord Kazekage!" Sarutobi said happily, the Kazekage looked down at him. Rasa stayed silent.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I stood in line, looking around the arena with a mildly bored stare. Naruto stood next to me, his hands behind his head as he stood, silently tapping his foot on the ground. Shikamaru on the other side, looked like he was going to fall asleep, right there, standing up. I smirked at the idea.
A low growl caught my attention, my eyes widening slightly as I looked down the line. 
Gaara stood at the end, Kankuro and Temari next to him. Gaara was twitching slightly, his fists clenched as he looked upwards. I tilted my head slightly, looking back up at the Hokage. I squinted my eyes, watching the Kazekage in flickering blue and white robes sit down next to him. "Hm." I wondered, turning my head back to the ground.

"You must be weary, having come all this way." Sarutobi began, turning his head over to Rasa. "Not at all." Rasa's voice was smooth and precise, like he had been practising what he was going to say before he got there. 
"I'm only glad, that for your sake, the arena is here in the leaf village." Rasa, turned slightly in his chair, his attention on Sarutobi. "As strong as you are, I'm sure a long journey would have proven difficult for you, at your age." Rasa carefully pronounced his words, looking over at Sarutobi with a long gave. Raido squinted his eyes down at Rasa, starting to feel uneasy.
"Isn't it about time that you decided who will succeed you as Hokage?" Rasa asked, squinting his eyes over at Sarutobi.
"Hmm? Ha!" Sarutobi heaved a loud laugh, "You act as if I were an old man!" Sarutobi said with a smile, looking over at Rasa. "There's plenty of life left in me." Sarutobi smiled, standing up from his chair. "No, I plan to stay here for some time to come." Sarutobi said with a nod, walking towards the railing, his hands behind his back as he looked over the edge, down into the arena. Rasa's eyed followed him.
"Now then," Sarutobi called out, turning his head back to Rasa. "It's time for the final rounds to begin." Sarutobi's voice changed, 

"Welcome all." Sarutobi's voice boomed around the stadium, blasting from speakers high up. Everyone became silent, all heads turned up to him as he spoke. I crossed my arms.
"Our deepest thanks for coming here to the Village Hidden in the Leaves for this year's chunin selection." He nodded, leaning slightly on the railing as he looked around the audience,
"We have come to the final competition between the nine candidates who made it through the preliminaries. We ask that no one leaves until all the matches have been completed. Now, everyone enjoy." Sarutobi waved to the cheering crowd, Rasa shifted in his seat. 
"You said, 'nine candidates'. Aren't you missing one?" Rasa asked, a small smile underneath his mask. "Hm." Sarutobi kept his back turned, to Rasa.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, there's one more thing before we get started." Genma called for our attention again, I looked back up at him. He slid his hands into his pockets, playing with the end of a stick in his mouth. He pulled a hand out, reaching into his vest as he pulled out a scroll, he quickly unlatched it.
It flapped in the wind as he held it up for us to see, "Look it over." Genma said, "Huh?" Naruto tilted his head, his eyes squinted. "Hm." I nodded, crossing my arms.
"There's been a slight change in the matchups. But now it's set, so everyone take one last look at who you'll be facing." Genma said with a small nod, I quickly skimmed over the paper.
1. (Y/N) (L/N) VS. Neji Hyuga
2. Temari VS. Shikamaru Nara
3. Gaara VS. Sasuke Uchiha
4. Kankuro VS. Shino VS. Naruto

Naruto gave a long frown as he stared at the paper, his arms crossed. Hey, Shikamaru's eyes widened slightly. So, that Dosu guy dropped out. Gaara tapped a finger against his palm as he read the sheet, a blank stare everywhere he looked.
"Uh, question!" I shouted out, my hand raised. Gaara's gaze floated over to me, his head tilted slightly as he stared.
"What is it?" Genma asked with a sigh, rolling the scroll back up. "I was just wondering....." I mumbled, looking down at the ground. "What'll happen to Sasuke?" I asked with a small shrug, Genma but the scroll back into his vest.
"I mean, if he doesn't show up." I explained with a small nod. Genma put his hands back into his pockets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is Sasuke? Sakura wondered, her head down as she looked out to the arena. Her hands rested in her lap as she nervously fidgeted with her nails. Ino sat next to her with her arms crossed, leaning on the uncomfortable stand they sat on. A frown crossed her face.
And, how can (Y/N) tell he was just going for training? Were they just trying to make me feel better? Sakura wondered, looking down at me. What if.....what if he didn't leave and.....someone took him......Sakura shivered, hugging her arms closer to her chest. 

"If a candidate is not here in the arena the time his name is called," Genma began, looking down at me. He bit into the stick, it swung upwards. "He forfeits the match."
I clenched my fists, snapping my head back to the front gates. They were wide open. Sasuke wouldn't miss this, even if he had to drag himself here! I clenched my fists, Dammit creep, all you do is make us worry. I thought with a sigh, continuing to stare towards the front gates.
Gaara was staring at me from down the line, I didn't notice his stare. I kept my eyes on the front gate. A small smile crept across Gaara's lips.
Baki held onto the railing tightly, a bead of sweat rolled down the side of his face as he looked down at Gaara. No.....Baki's hands started to shake, did he....? Baki kept his eyes down on Gaara, his mind drifting.
"What is it, Gaara?" Baki asked, looking back over at Gaara in the door way. Gaara's back was turned to him, Baki squinted his eyes over at him. "Where are you going?" Baki shifted uncomfortably, Gaara's arm dropped back down by his side. 
"To remind myself......" Gaara's voice trailed off as he looked down the corridor. Baki rose to his knees, "To remind yourself?" Baki asked, Gaara rose his head. "That I'm alive." Gaara left his words floating in the air as he left, Baki stood on his knees, watching Gaara walk down the corridor.

No.......Baki shook his head as he looked down at Gaara, after all my warnings not to draw attention to himself. He wouldn't of killed Sasuke Uchiha too, would he?
Baki froze as Gaara's head tilted, his eyes were plastered on me. Baki gritted his teeth.

"All right, listen up." Genma called for our attention again, I turned my head away from the gates. Genma put his arms behind his back, his chest raised as he spoke to us. "The terrain's different, but the rules are the same as before." Genma said with a nod, "That is that there are no rules....
"The match continues until one candidate acknowledges defeat, or dies. That being said, if I determine that a match is over, I can step in and stop it at any time. And no arguments permitted." Genma paused, scanning over our faces.
"Understood?" He asked, biting down on the other end of the stick. 
"These are the opponents for the first match," Genma called out, his voice loud and clear.
"(Y/N) (L/N) and Neji Hyuga." Genma's voice boomed around the stadium. As my last name was said, I could hear voices drop silent in the stands. The once loud conversations turned to whispers and hushed tones. I could feel there stares creeping up my back. I clenched my fists, ignoring the audience behind me.
Genma cleared his throat, "Those two stay. The rest of you can go to the waiting area." Genma said with a nod, Naruto turned to me on his heel, he patted my shoulder. I turned my head over to him.
"I know you can do this. I'll be cheering for you up there." Naruto said to me, pointing up at the stadium with a nod, I nodded back to him. "And when I'm done wiping the floor with this jerk," I pointed my thumb back at Neji, 
"I'll meet you up there."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Hinata," Kiba called out behind him, Akamaru perched on his shoulder. "Look, these seats are free." Kiba pointed down at two open seat in the front row of the stadium, almost all the other seats were full. Hinata hopped down the stairs to him, looking at the open seats with a smile. 
"Oh, thanks...." She whispered, giving Kiba a small smile. They sat down. 
"I think this is gonna be an interesting match." Kiba said with a nod, his arms crossed as he looked down at the arena. Hinata kept her eyes down at the arena, a hand over her heart. (Y/N).....She thought, looking down at me worriedly.
"Hey, Sakura." Ino called out, Hinata faintly heard her voice. She turned her head around, looking at them up at the top row. Sakura hung her head down.
"I know that you're worried about Sasuke, but come on." Ino said, shaking Sakura's shoulder. "Don't be such a lump! Aren't you going to cheer (Y/N) on with me?" Ino asked, Sakura rose her head, her eyes were wide. 
"Ha, you're right." Sakura smile over at her, Ino breathed a sigh of relief. "That's more like it." Ino smiled, looking down towards the arena. "Not that the poor runt has a hope in hell against Neji." Ino snorted, putting her hands on her hips. Sakura furrowed her brow, "Hey, shut your trap. (Y/N)'s a lot more powerful than you give them credit for!" Sakura shouted back, her fist raised. Ino clicked her tongue, "There she is. Alright Sakura," Ino grinned over at her,
"If no one else is gonna cheer for (Y/N), then we're stuck with the job." Ino said, looking around the silent stadium.
Kotetsu crossed his arms, leaning back on the bench,
"Who would've believed that little squirt would survive this long?" Kotetsu said with a small chuckle, Hinata look back over at him. Izumo and Kotetsu sat in the two seats next to her and Kiba.
"Yeah." Izumo nodded, "They've been one lucky kid so far, but their luck's about to run out." Izumo said, shaking his head. Hinata gulped, "They'll never survive this one." Izumo gave a small shrug, looking back over at Kotetsu. Hinata clenched her fists. "Yeah, it's going to be painful." Kotetsu agreed with a small nod,
"Going up against one of the Hyuga clan? They don't have a chance." Kotetsu clicked his tongue, Hinata bit down on the inside of , keeping herself silent. Kiba looked over at them, his arms crossed.
They don't know (Y/N) one bit. Kiba thought with a grin, looking back down at me. I have no doubt that (Y/N) will beat Neji. They haven't seen (Y/N) fighting up close, they never give up, no matter what. Kiba squinted his eyes over at Kotetsu, He's going to be in for a shock. "Hnnggrrr......" Akamaru gave a small whimper, poking Kiba in the neck with his nose.
"Huh?" Kiba mumbled, looking over at him. "Yeah, Akamaru, what is it?" Kiba asked, his brow raised. Akamaru gave a low growl, moving his head up. "What? Are you sure?" Kiba whispered, carefully looking around the stands. "Where?" Kiba asked, Akamaru let out another low growl, Kiba's eyes widened.
"Up there....." Kiba furrowed his brow as he spotted a member of the Anub standing at the top of the stands, looking down at the arena like everyone else. Kiba clenched his fists, what the hell are the Anbu black ops doing here? Kiba gritted his teeth, something's going on. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stood facing Neji in the arena, he stood still, his hands dropped down to his sides. I clenched my fists as I looked at him, Neji's head was down, hiding his face in a shadow. I gritted my teeth.
"Alright," Genma's loud voice cut between us, he was looking up at the stands, his attention turned to the audience. 
"Let the first match begin!
Screams and shouts echoed around the arena, the audience was going wild up above. Some were clapping, others were stomping their feet, some waving there hands down at us. It all mixed into a loud beat overhead.
Neji kept silent, I stared him down, the wind cut between us. It picked up pieces of my hair, shifting them around in the wind. I didn't notice. All my attention was on Neji.
The crowd slowly began to die down, sensing the intense atmosphere between us. Kale's head rose lazily, his tongue flickering in and out as he circled around me, resting his head down on the top of mine. Kale's tail slowly moved, side to side behind him. Kale could sense the tension.
I finally rose my fists.

"Watch closely, Hanabi," Hiashi said calmly, looking down at the arena, Hanabi sitting on the seat next to him. "There's no one in the Hyuga clan who has inherited such a strong kekkei genkai. His is stronger than your older sisters." Hiashi said with certainty, Hanabi's eye's widened. "Stronger than hers?" Hanabi asked, turning to Hiashi. "Perhaps even stronger than yours." Hiashi gave a small nod, Hanabi gasped, turning her head back down to Neji, her milky eyes sparkling.
Kiba shifted uneasily in his seat, his nails digging into his clenched fists. Watch yourself, Kiba looked down at me worriedly, tapping his foot on the ground in a constant beat. This is no pushover you're up against, Kiba squinted his eyes down at Neji, standing with his head down. Not with that Byakugan of his......A bead of sweat ran down the side of Kiba's face, he looked over at Hinata by his side, she sat with her hands tightly clasped, holding them over her chest as she watched.
You don't want to get too close to this guy, Kiba thought with a frown as he looked back down into the arena, but does (Y/N) know that? 

I jumped on my heel, dashing towards Neji. Kale held on tighter at the sudden jolt, strengthening his hold on me as he faced Neji. I shouted as I flew towards him, sending my fist flying, Neji looked up, quickly dodging the fist. I looked over at him, now standing to the side of me. He kept still, his eyes relaxed.
"I won't fight you." 
The words stood still in the air, silence quickly smothering them out. I turned to him, my arms down by my sides, but my fists still clenched. "What?" I hissed, staring Neji down intently.
"I won't fight you." Neji said again, shaking his head.
Mumbles erupted around the crowd. I could hear people shifting in their seats, turning to the person next to them with a barrage of questions, questions their partner doesn't have the answer too. The whispers put me on edge, knowing that they're about Neji and me.
"Then forfeit the match!" I shouted back at him, I rose my fists once again. Neji stayed silent. "If you don't fight me, you forfeit, if you don't forfeit, you fight! There's no other way around this." I said through gritted teeth, just being in Neji's presence made me angry.
The crowd started to peter out, leaving only the howling wind in it's place. Neji's head was down, a sharp shadow crossed over his eyes. 
"Fine." I called out, trying to calm myself down. Neji looked back at me, "I'll finish this fight quickly." I clasped my hands into a seal, "I've been meaning to try this out, now that the curse mark's gone down a bit." A small smile came to my lips as I closed my eyes, a sharp pain broke from my forehead, I ignored it, gritting my teeth. 
"Daigan!"

To be continued.....................................................