Chapter Sixteen: White Past, Hidden Ambition

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

The blood lust in their eyes, this is no longer a child. "AHHH!" I screamed, dashing towards the mirror, Haku flung more needles at me, I flung them away with my arm. He quickly hopped to the mirror behind me. Their chakra grows stronger by the second, I must strike now! Haku's reflection appeared in all the mirrors around me, needles rained down on me, sinking into my flesh. I shook my head, repelling them from my body, they flung towards the mirror. "Gah!" Haku dodged it quickly, I dashed towards the mirror he was in, smashing it with my fist. Now! Haku jumped up in the air, throwing his elbow down at me, I quickly rolled away, he smashed into the earth. "Impossible!" He gasped, jumping back, trying to into one of his mirrors, I quickly grabbed a hold of his arm, holding him down to the ground.

Could it be that (Y/N) has learnt...no they've just begun. A tiny slither of their power has been awoken, there's much more for them to learn. Kakashi swiftly pulled a small scroll out of his pocket, and tossed it up into the air. Good. Then maybe we still have a chance. He pricked his thumb of the side of his jacket, catching the open scroll and sliding his blood down it's side. Just maybe. "Zabuza, I don't mean to spoil your fun, I know you like to stretch these things out. But how about we put an end to this now?" Kakashi asked, throwing the scroll back up into the sky. It sealed neatly, he caught in between to fingers, and did a quick hand sign. "Come on, what do you say? We're both busy people." Kakashi stared blankly into the mist. "Hm, tempting. I'm curious to see how you intend to back up such brave words, show me, Kakashi!" Zabuza shouted though the mist.

The mirrors shattered around us, Haku held a hand sign up to his face. I can't, their energy is too strong! I gritted my teeth, growling as I formed the tightest fist I've ever made, "AHH!" I shouted, letting it fly, I hit Haku right in the middle of his face. He went flying through the broken glass, rolling around on the ground. "Gah!" Naruto gasped, holding onto his head as he tried his best to dodge shards of glass that came raining down at him. Slowly Haku started to get up, his mask breaking. As he got up on his feet, I dashed towards him, the pain in my face not subsiding as I ran towards him. Zabuza... shards of his mask fell off of his face, I am no match for this kid... I jumped up in the air, flinging my body towards him, master... I formed another fist, I have failed.

My fist hovered in the air, inches away from hitting his face, I was frozen solid, gritting my teeth as I looked at his face. The burning in my face fled back into my eyes, I stared at him. "T-That guy in the woods...that was you." My eyes widened. "Why do you not strike?" Haku asked, "Huh?" I looked up at him. "Did you not just vow to avenge your comrade's death by killing me? Or was that vow just empty words." "Gnnnn...!" I punched him in the face once again, he fell to the floor, blood splattered on the ground. "Now, that won't do. You're still holding back. If that is all the strength you can put into it, you will never keep your vow." Haku wiped the blood from his chin as he looked back over at me, "Perhaps he didn't mean as much to you as you pretend." I shook my head, is their any one who's important to you? "There is only one person who matters to me, and I live to protect and serve him. That is my purpose, to show mercy to those who oppose the one you serve, to allow his enemy's to live when you could strike them down. This is not compassion. It is a betrayal of your lives very purpose, for what reason do you exist then? You're of use to no one. Your life has no meaning. It is mere existence. Day after day of pain and struggle, signifying nothing." Haku's words were piercing, I quickly wiped tears away from my eyes. "Y-Yeah, w-well speak for your self!" I blurted out, a sniffling mess. "Are you that blind, little one? I am speaking of myself." Haku smiled at me, "This day has shown that I am no longer of any use to Zabuza." Haku looked down at the ground. "Zabuza? Why that guy anyway? To devote your life to a rotten skunk who doesn't know the meaning of the word honor. If he's really the one person who matters to you, man, that's the sorriest thing I've ever heard." I shook my head, closing my burning eyes tightly. "There were once others who mattered to me long ago. My father and my mother..."

"I was born in The Land Of Water, in a small village where the snow lies deep in the winter. My parents were farmers and very poor, our life was hard, but we were content. My parents were good to each other and kind to me. Yes, we were happy once. But then everything changed." Haku's voice was soft, I watched him intently, my eyes starting too cool down. "Because of something that happened long before I was born, everything changed." I relaxed my hands. "What do you mean?" I asked, my voice a hushed whisper. "It wasn't my doing," Haku wiped red off of his face, he looked down at his hand. "It is in my blood." He said, looking down at his smeared hand. "Blood? You said something happened that changed everything..." "It was my father who had changed. He killed my mother, and almost killed me." My eyes widened as I looked over at him, his eyes a dull brown.

"After years of suffering the horrors of civil war, the people of my land had come to fear and hate anyone who carried the kekkei genkai in their blood. Because of their unique abilities, the clans were used as mercenaries. They fought in many battles, and were much feared. But when the war was over, they were despised and shunned by the people who feared their presence would bring more war and misfortune. So it was that after the wars, these clans went into hiding, denying the blood line trait that flowed in their veins, concealing their unique abilities, knowing that to be discovered meant certain death. A kekkei genkai runs through your veins as well, you must understand where I'm coming from." Haku looked at me with sad eyes, "The cruelty of people, their fear of things they don't understand." I clenched my fists, Naruto was started to run his way over to us. "For years, my mother was successful in hiding her bloodline trait. She met and fell in love with a simple farmer, and they were married. And after that, my mother thought she would lead a peaceful, ordinary life to the end of her days. My father had seen, and so he knew our secret, my mothers and mine. When at last I was myself again, I was no longer myself. My father and mother were gone, but I knew that something else had been taken away from me, something even more important. And that is when I truly despaired." Haku's eyes were on the ground. "More important than your mother and father?" I voiced, I shivered in the cold mist. "My purpose. In all the world, there was no one who needed me. I was unnecessary." I felt a ping go through my heart. "It is only though the eyes of others that our little lives have any significance. When there is no one who sees you, or will even look at you, it's as if you don't exist." A shadow moved over my eyes. "Then Zabuza came along and looked at me, and his eyes were not full of hate or fear. He did not shun me for my strangeness, indeed, my special powers were just what he wanted. He made me necessary again. I have failed you Zabuza. I am like a weapon that has been broken and is of no further use." Haku walked over to me, I took a step back, still a bit shaken. "(Y/N)," He called out, I looked into his eyes. "Kill me."

"Ninja art summoning, earth style, fanged pursuit jutsu!" Kakashi slammed the scroll into the ground, the earth beneath him shook slightly. "I don't know why you bother. Of what use is your jutsu if you can't even find me? But I can find you." Zabuza grunted, keeping his eyes closed as he made a quick hand sign. " Blindly falling into my trap, you disappoint me, Kakashi." Zabuza's voice cut through the mist. "I think you're right, it is time to put an end to this-huh?" Zabuza listened to a loud rustling coming from below, he opened his eyes to see a large dog jumping out of the ground towards him. Zabuza quickly jumped out of the way, but another dog came shooting out of the ground, sinking it's teeth into Zabuza's leg. "Gah!" He shouted, watching as more and more dogs came jumping out at him.

"That dreadful noise, what could it be?" Tazuna grunted, looking around blindly in the mist. "I don't know, and I'm not sure that I want to find out!" Sakura gasped, holding the kunai tightly. Kakashi slowly picked himself up, "I realized that if I couldn't see you, I'd have to smell you out instead. That was a summoning jutsu, I called fourth my ninja hounds. They can track a scent anywhere." Kakashi ambled his way over to Zabuza, his hands in his pockets. "When you attacked me, I let you get past my guard. I wanted you to cut me. You see, it's the smell of my blood on your blade that led them to you, surprised? Looks like I wasn't the only one who was blind. Hm, falling into my trap, you disappoint me, Zabuza." Kakashi mocked him, "Ah, the mist is finally clearing. And you know what I see? Your death." Kakashi looked at him with dull eyes. "Talk, talk. Do you mean to talk me to death?!" Zabuza grunted, trying his best to break free. "In a way, yes. Right now, my hounds are just playing with you. But one word from me, and they'll tear you apart. Poor Zabuza, see where your ambitions got you? You were always pushing things too far." Kakashi shook his head. "It was the failed Mizukage assassination and your attempted coup d'etat. You were forced to flee with the few followers you had, your country's tracker ninja hot on your heels. You became a rouge ninja who's name was quickly known, even in the village hidden in the leaves. Now, you're crazy enough to want to go back and try it again. But for that, you need money, and to get it you stooped so low as to be a hired thug for a swine like Gato. All right, Zabuza, enough talk. Time to finish it. But it won't be with my sharingan, imitations of some other ninja's tricks. No, it's time I introduced you to my own jutsu." Kakashi made some swift hand signs, holding his palm up in the air, electricity sparked around him. "Chidori!" Kakashi shouted out, Zabuza's eyes widened. His chakra's so strong, it's visible! He holds it in his hands! "I will never let you touch (Y/N) again. You're like a disease, by infecting one, you infect all. And you don't care." Kakashi grunted, holding the lightning in his hand, it slowly started to burn into his skin. "You're right, I don't care! These useless little people and their petty little dreams, why should that matter to me? I have a dream of my own." Zabuza grunted, staring in Kakashi's eyes. "But to have a dream, you need to have a future." Kakashi stared at him back, "You don't. Your future's all used up, Zabuza."

I started to shake, tears starting to well up in my eyes. "Go on. Strike, kill me. Why do you hesitate?" Haku was staring down at me, I turned my face away. "N-No!" I clenched my fists, taking a step back from him. "That's the most ridiculous story I've ever heard! I mean, he treats you like dirt! You're a human being, not some kind of tool. How can you care about some one like that?!" I cried out, a sniffling mess. "For that very reason." "Huh?" I took another step back. "Does that seem strange to you?" Haku asked, his eyes on the ground. "Y-Yeah!" I stuttered, wiping tears out of my eyes. "When he found me, I was without a purpose or reason for living. Zabuza gave me both. But now, my usefulness is over. The only thing that gave my life meaning, it's gone. I am a broken tool, a blunted weapon of use to no one." Tears slid down his face. "Go on, (Y/N), do it. For both of our sake's. Do it...quickly."