Chapter Fifty Four: Live or Die! Risk It All to Win It All!

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

I let out a grumbled sigh, sitting on an uncomfortable wooden bench. I slouched my back, looking up at the sky. The sun had just start to come up, I had been sitting out all night. 
I was confused. All the things that had went on in only a couple short weeks. Uncle Orochimaru mysteriously came back from the grave, or, now it seems like, his hiding spot. This y sage shows up all of a sudden, wielding a sacred scroll that has been passed down in my family generation after generation. Kakashi-sensei has seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth, along with Sasuke. Sakura wont respond to any of my letters, and when I tried to talk to her, she ignored me. Shikamaru and Choji are too busy training, same with Naruto. Kiba's never home to play pranks on, Shino just gets quiet and stares at me every time I come by. Ugh, it's like everyone's in their own little world.
And to top it all off, someone's been leaving me gifts all around my house. How did they even find the place?! I made absolutely sure that I didn't tell anyone! Not even Naruto!

I let out another long sigh as I looked down at one of the folded cards. I got it yesterday when I woke up in the morning. It was propped up against the kitchen table.
I flicked it open, looking down at the handwritting. It was perfect and straight, not a misspelled word, or a single fault. Not even a small accidental blotch of ink. It was the exact opposite of how I write. 
It's been a long time since we've seen each other. Let's meet again.
The small message sent a shiver down my spine. What kind of creep has been giving me these things? 
I hear a couple of birds flutter overhead, I looked up at them, the sun was almost fully in the sky. I jumped off of the uncomfortable bench, stretching my back. I heard a loud pop.
Lee's probably awake by now, I bet he's been waiting for me to show up. I better get there quickly, the nurses have him under special watch now that he's made his way into the courtyard.
I picked up my pace as I started heading towards the hospital, the sun sturdly getting higher and higher. I broke into a quick dash.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jiraiya's entire head was in the bushes, leaves poking his face as he looked at the girls splashing around by the waterfall. It was their third returning day. Jiraiya's face was bright red.
Naruto looked down at the ground, focusing down on the rock he has been practicing. Bite marks lined his thumbs, little bits of steam came as the old ones started to heel. 
Naruto pointed his thumb to his lip, sinking his back tooth into it. A drip of blood rolled down the side of it. 
"Summoning jutsu!" Naruto shouted as he jumped down, slamming his hand down on the rock. A large puff of smoke erupted around him, Naruto's eyes sparkled.
"That just had to work!" He whispered excitedly to himself, swiping the smoke away as he tried to see what was on the ground in front of him. 
A small green frog sat on the rock, little red spots lining it's back. "Hm?" Naruto tilted his head, looking down at it. 
"Gnnn......" Naruto held his hands against his head,
"Ahhh! What the heck is the difference between a frog and a tap pole anyway?!" Naruto shouted out.
Jiraiya giggled as he continued to watch, Naruto turned to him with a scowle.

"Come on! Jump!" One of the girls shouted out to their friend above, on a tall rock. She screamed as she jumped into the water below.
Naruto growled, pointing an accusing finger at Jiraiya's back. 
"Look, y sage! Can't you act like you believe in me?!" Naruto growled, clenching his fist. "Huh?" Naruto whispered as he looked down at his fist, it started to turn blurry. His eyes couldn't focus as he started to feel light headed. Naruto stood on shaking legs, his eyes rolling back into his head as he fell down. out of exhaustion.
Jiraiya turned his head back to him with a frown, Naruto was out. 
​​​​​Jiraiya let out a loud sigh as he climbed up to his feet, "He collapses again." Jiraiya said, crossing his arms as he looked down at Naruto, walking towards him.
​​​​​​But I suppose it's no surprise. For three weeks now, he's been getting through his training on guts and determination alone. Jiraiya nodded as he looked down at him. And still, there's no sign of (Y/N) anywhere. Jiraiya looked around the river, no one knows when Orochimaru is going to attack. If he needed (Y/N) right now, he would of already taken them. They're safe for now, I think. But times running out. Jiraiya looked up at the sky, the sun shinned down at him. 
I need to find them soon. There's no way I'm going to let Orochimaru get away with his evil plans.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​​​

Sarutobi sat alone, looking up at the pictured of the previous hokage. A small smile came to his face as he looked up at Minato. 
Anko quietly came into the room, Sarutobi lost his smile, looking at her in the corner of his eye.
"Lord Hokage." Anko's voice came out soft, but pitched. He turned his head around to meet her, Anko's eyes were on the ground.
"What is it, Anko?" He asked, "I'm sorry, but.....I'm....." Anko's voice trailed off, the closed her eyes, letting out a small sigh. Sarutobi turned his head back around.
"You're what? Are you feeling guilty that you turned back alive from the forest of death." He asked, Anko hung her head low, a pained expression on her face. 
"There's no need for that. After all, you no longer have a connection to Orochimaru, right?" He moved his head slightly to the side, Anko kept quiet.
"There's no ninja alive today in the Village Hidden in the Leaves who could ever even hope to defeat him." A silence struck between them as he continued on,
"I myself probably would not be his equal." Sarutobi closed his eyes. Anko rose her head, squinting her eyes down at the floor.
"I wish....." She began, "I wish the fourth hokage was still alive." She said with a sigh, Sarutobi shook his head. 
"You shouldn't say such things. It's only because he sacrificed himself that our land was saved." Sarutobi opened his eyes, looking back up at his portrait. 
"Besides, that's all in the past. It's a story from thirteen years ago. He's gone, and we can't change that. We must do what we can with what we have."
He said with solemn tone, standing up from his seat. Anko watched him get up, a solid frown on her face. 
"Yes sir." She said quietly. Sarutobi picked his cap up from the table in front of him, putting it on his head.
"Very well. I'm going out to get some fresh air." He said, turning to her, his pipe between his lips. He walked around the couch, he passed Anko, she followed him with her eyes.
Sarutobi stopped in front of the door.
"And Anko, don't blame yourself." He said, slowly shaking his head as he left.|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​​​

Me and Lee shared a laugh, I cupped my hand over my mouth as I giggled. 
"Heh! I can't believe Tenten said that!" I smiled, Lee nodded his head. "Yeah. Me either." Lee smiled back, my eyes widened slightly.
"Oh! I forgot," I began, reaching behind me, I pulled out another bundle of wildflowers. 
"I think it's about time to change them out." I said, hopping off of the dresser, I walked closer to Lee's bed, reaching for the night stand.
"(Y/N)." Lee called out to me, "What's up?" I asked, pulling the browning flowers out of the vase, I looked over at him, my head slightly tilted. We were close together, our gazes met together, Lee gulped, his face starting to turn red.
"Well....." He looked down, "I asked you at the beginning of the chunin exam, but....." Lee paused, 
I knelt down, putting the fresh flowers in the vase, 
"But I was interrupted so, now I will ask again!" Lee turned his head back to me, I looked up at him.
He flashed the same grin, pointing his thumb upwards with his working arm. "Huh?" My eyes widened as I looked at him.
"(Y/N)! Will you be my----!"
"Lee!"
The doors to his room swung open, I snapped my head towards there direction. Lee's eyes widened as he turned his head around, Guy-sensei jumped into the room, a wide smile on his face with his fists up in the air. He ran over to the other side of Lee's bed.
"Lee! I found this amazing tea in the market that can heal all wounds, this could be----!" Guy stopped when he saw me get up to my feet, I held the dead flowers in my hand, I looked up at him with a smile.
"Guy-sensei, that's awesome!" I smiled up at him, nodding my head, "Lee, if the tea works, you should be out of here in no time!" I clasped my hands together excitedly, Lee's eyes sparkled.
"Yes! I will drink it all!" Lee said enthusiastically, Guy pulled out a large glass bottle filled to the brim with a brown liquid. He handed it to Lee, Lee nodded as he looked down at it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​​​

"Come on, open your eyes already." Jiraiya called out, pouring a bucket of water down on Naruto. 
Naruto gurgled as he tried to gasp out, sitting straight up on the ground, coughing. "H-Hey!" He called out, shaking the water off of his face.
"What was that for?!" Naruto screamed out, looking up at Jiraiya angrily. 
"Oh, that." Jiraiya smiled, "To knock some sense into you, since you have none." Jiraiya put his hands on his hips.
"I don't? Look at you!" Naruto shouted back, Jiraiya crouched down, looking Naruto in the face. 
"You've been training for three weeks, and you're still at this level? If you continue like this, it's pointless." Jiraiya shook his head, Naruto clenched his fists. "Hey! That's not true! Give me a break! I'm trying as hard as I can here!" Naruto shouted back, his fists raised.
"Maybe you are, maybe you're not." Jiraiya said, crossing his arms. "If you want to succeed at this summoning jutsu, then you must do it like your life depends on it." Jiraiya said with a grin, waving his hand. Naruto jumped up to his feet,
"What do you think I've been doing?! I train everyday like I'm gonna die!" Naruto shouted, "If you have time to complain about it, teach me a trick to do it!" Naruto pointed down at Jiraiya,
"A trick?" Jiraiya scratched the top of his head, "Well, I don't know."
"What? You're not going to teach me?" Naruto leaned in, Jiraiya looked back up at him.
"You need to put you life at risk." Jiraiya's tone turned serious, "My life?" Naruto tilted his head, 
"That's right. It's no joke." Jiraiya shook his head, "Even so, are you ready to do it?" He asked Naruto,
Naruto clenched his fists. "Of course! I always risk my life! There's no point in anything if you don't go all the way!" 
"I see." Jiraiya rose to his feet, "Huh?" Naruto looked up at him. 
"Alright, follow me." Jiraiya turned his back to Naruto, following the other side of the river. Naruto sighed as he caught up with him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"BLAH----!" Lee couged up the first sip, his face turning green. He held his hand over his mouth as he tried not to throw up, 
"Lee! Are you alright? Here---" I moved towards the bottle, Lee held my hand, stopping me.
"No! I will drink it all!" Lee nodded, I moved my arm back with a smile. Guy clenched his fists. We watched as Lee brough the bottle closer to his face, his lips touching the rim.
He let out a long sigh before tilting it back. He chugged it.
Lee drank it down as quickly as he could, I could hear it gurgle when it hit the back of his throat. The tea swished around in the bottle, bubbling as Lee continued to drink. He was almost halfway done.
"That's it! You've got this!" I cheered Lee on, "Come on Lee! You can do it!" Guy cheered along next to me, Lee let out a loud gurgling groan. A line of the brown liquid dripped down his chin, his face bright green.
"Go Lee! Go Lee! Go Lee!" I chanted, my fists in the air.
Tears ran down his face like a river, a snot bubble forming in his nose as he continued to drink, gurgling the disgusting tea.
The last of the liquid swirled around the top of the bottle, streaming down his throat. Lee's tongue twitched as he drank the last to it. 
Lee threw the empty bottle down on his lap, gasping and coughing as he tried to get the taste out of his mouth, his tongue hanging in the air. 
"I knew you could do it Lee!" Guy stood with with a smile as he reached behind him, 
"Only nine more to go!" Guy said, pulling out the rest of the large bottles, "Wha----!" Lee's eyes widened as Guy passed him another bottle, Lee sniffled as he swished the tea around.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naruto followed close behind Jiraiya, his arms in the back of his head.
"Hey, y sage-----" Jiraiya cut Naruto off, "I'm the toad sage." Jiraiya answered back, Naruto rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, well, whatever you are, what does this have to do with the summoning jutsu anyway? We've just been walking around, when are you going to teach me the trick?" Naruto whined, Jiraiya kept silent as he continued to walk.
"Hey?" Naruto called out, trying to get his attention. "Hello?" Naruto clenched his fists, 
"I'm talkin to you------HEY!" 
Naruto shouted, startled as he ran into Jiraiya's back. Jiraiya stopped in the middle of the road, 
"What?! What is it?! Why'd you stop?!" Naruto shouted up at him. "Hey, Naruto." Jiraiya, turned to him with a smile. "Hm?" Naruto tilted his head as he looked up at him. 
"Tell me. Is there something you like to eat?" Jiraiya asked, "Huh?" Naruto raised his brow.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right!" Naruto laughed as he slurped down a mouth full of ramen, Jiraiya sat by his side, enjoying his own bowl. 
"Ha, this is great." Naruto smiled, "Why can't the training be like this everyday?" Naruto asked with a grin, 
"Good. Now eat up." Jiraiya nodded, "It....may be your last meal." He said quietly, 
"Huh?" Naruto tilted his head, looking up at Jiraiya. Jiraiya let out a loud cough, shaking his head. "Oh! Nothing, nothing at all! Anyway, eat up! Ha! Yeah, that's right, eat up! Eat like there's not tomorrow!" Jiraiya laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head. 
Naruto squinted his eyes at him, "I don't know what's so funny, and I don't care." Naruto turned back to his bowl with a smile, "I've got food!" Naruto smiled, slurping down another mouthful, Jiraiya looked at him with a small frown.
Naruto drank the broth from the bowl, happily holding it up in the air. 
"Hit me chef! Seconds on that ramen!" Naruto called out to Teuchi, Teuchi nodded with a smile. "Okay!"
"Heh." Jiraiya smiled down at Naruto. 

A collection of bowls piled up stood in front of Naruto, Naruto held his stomach as he let out a loud burp. "Ah....." Naruto let out a pleased sigh, 
"Oh man, I'm stuffed. Thanks a bunch, y sage----HUH?!" Naruto turned his head over to the side, but Jiraiya was gone. Naruto held his hands on his head, "HE LEFT?!" Naruto screeched, 
Ayame giggled, holding her hand out. 
"Thank you!" She tilted her head with a smile. Naruto gasped.

Naruto groaned as he left, a hand in his pocket, the other holding his empty frog wallet. He sighed as he looked down at it. "I've never seen anything so empty....." Naruto hung his head low as he put it back in his pocket.
"So, are you full now?" Jiraiya called out to Naruto, leaning his back against a wall. Naruto jumped, turning back on his heel as he looked at Jiraiya. "AHHH!" Naruto shouted, raising a fist. "QUIT YOUR MESSING AROUND!!"
Naruto ran up to his, flailing his fists in the air.
"You were supposed to treat me to that meal!" Naruto cried out, Jiraiya looked down at him with a smile, his hands on his hips. 
"You fool. I never said I'd treat you." Jiraiya chuckled, "Gah!" Naruto jumped up, punching Jiraiya weakly in the chest. 
"But you're supposed to!" Naruto cried like a baby, "You're the grown up!" 
Jiraiya smiled down at Naruto, 
"Say, Naruto. Do you happen to have a person that you like?" Jiraiya asked, "Huh?" Naruto looked up at him, his head tilted slightly. "I asked if you had a special someone, you know, someone close to you." Jiraiya asked again, Naruto gulped, his face starting to turn red. "W-Well......I don't know.....I mean....kind of...." Naruto stammered, taking a step back.
"I guess you could say I like them." Naruto grinned, Jiraiya leaned in, his hands on his hips.
"So, who is it?" Jiraiya asked, Naruto jumped. "N-No one! Just (Y/N)!"
Jiraiya tried his best not to laugh, holding his hand over his mouth.
"Okay! Ha! Let's go see them!" Jiraiya grinned, pointing at Naruto. Naruto jumped, 
"Because you're going to give them a big hug!" "WHHAAAAA?!" Naruto screamed, clenching his fists, his face bright red.
"This is part of my training?!" Naruto asked, his eyes wide open. "Well, yeah. I mean, it's close enough." Jiraiya shrugged. "Yes! Alright! Let's go!" Naruto his heel, but he stopped midway. 
"But....if I do hug them, (Y/N) will----" Naruto gulped, "No!" He clenched his fist, "This is part of my training too!" Jiraiya tapped his chin, "I have to do it! I have to be strong!" Naruto nodded to him self, "B-But of course, I'm also gonna be black and blue......and (Y/N) won't want to talk to me for a while......but still! If I want to learn how to do the summoning jutsu right, then this can't be helped! But (Y/N)'s gonna......No! But......then again......"
"Just go already!" Jiraiya shouted, pushing Naruto forward.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is it, Naruto? I really need to get back soon." I asked him, my arms crossed. Naruto gulped, his face bright red. 
"Um....well.....you see....." Naruto stumbled over his words, I squinted my eyes at him. 
"Look, if you're not going to say anything, I'm gonna go." I gave him a small shrug, Naruto shook his head. 
"N-No, that's not it, it's just I, uh----" Naruto paused, looking down at the ground, aw man. How can I say this? If I tell them it's for my training, I'll get wailed on for sure. Naruto gulped,
"Whatever." I sighed, turning away from him, I started to walk away. "N-No! No! Wait a minute!" Naruto jumped, his hand plopped down on my shoulder as I tried to take another step, pulling me back. I gasped, spinning on my heel as I tried to get my balance back. I fell forwards towards Naruto, my eyes widening as my face moved closer to his.
Naruto's eyes sparkled as he held out his arms. This is it! This is my chance! Naruto thought with a big smile, Jiraiya peered around the corner, watching me fall into Naruto.
Here I come (Y/N)! It was too quick for me to react, I screeched as my chest hit Naruto's, he started to fall back along with me. My forehead whacked into his, our noses crunching together as our lips touched. Naruto fell to the ground first, I cried out as I pulled back up on top of him, spitting and wiping my mouth to the side.
"Blah!" I coughed, "It's worse than the tea!" I shook my head, shivering as I rolled to the side. "Huh?" Naruto sat up on the ground, his face bright red. I spat on the ground, standing up as I continued to wipe my mouth. Naruto stood up with me, I shot him an angry glare, he jumped. 
"You!" I seethed, clenching my fist, I pulled my arm back. Sending a strong punch into Naruto's face. Naruto flew back, blood spewing from his nose as he hit the ground. I growled as I turned away from him, stomping back down the street.
Jiraiya chuckled, "Ooh, what a punch." Jiraiya gave a small sigh, "Ah, young love." 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto held the side of his face as he continued to walk, following Jiraiya close behind. 
"Hey, if I do this, can I really summon a frog?" Naruto asked with a sigh, Jiraiya nodded. "You bet. Of course, absolutely, without a doubt." Jiraiya nodded, Naruto tilted his head. "Are you sure?" Naruto asked again. 
Jiraiya stopped in the middle of the road, Naruto looked up at him. 
"Is there anything else you've always wanted to do?" Jiraiya asked, his arms crossed. "Huh?" Naruto wondered, Jiraiya turned around to him. "Anything?" Jiraiya asked again, 
"What? What are you-----" Jiraiya dug his fist into Naruto's stomach, Naruto bent over having the wind knocked out of him, he toppled down to the ground, unconscious. Jiraiya looked down at him, a frown on his face.
To tap into his enormous chakra and use it, I'm sure that it's extremely difficult to control that kind of power. Jiraiya thought, bending down to him. It's also true that Naruto's body is too small a vessel to contain the nine-tails power. It's likely that because that chakra puts such a burden on it, Naruto's body normally suppresses it. Jiraiya picked up Naruto by the collar, pulling him closer, he slung Naruto over his shoulder, like a sack of flour. 
If the key to drawing out the nine-tailed fox's chakra is danger and emotion, he has to physically experience them until he can learn to summon the chakra on his own. Jiraiya thought, continuing to walk down the path. 
Please forgive me for what I'm about to do, fourth Hokage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I gasped. 
I completely forget about today's training! My eyes widened as I stopped in the middle of the road. But, what Naruto did! I raised the same fist I used to punch him, letting out an aggravated growl. 
Even so, I might be able to get the y sage to teach me something new. I crossed my arms. Where were they going anyway? Naruto called me away from the waterfall, it looked like they were heading to the forest. I tapped my chin, but which one? The one with the ravine or the one that leads to the village border? I let out a long sigh, slumping my shoulders. Well, the one with the ravine is closer, but we've never gone there before. Why would y sage want to go there now? Besides, I doubt there's any girls there. I turned around, walk back the way I came. Well, there's no harm in checking.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jiraiya threw Naruto down on the ground, he let out a loud groan as he woke up. Jiraiya watched him climb up to his knees. 
"W-Where......where are we?" Naruto asked, rubbing his eyes as he looked around. "Tell me." Naruto called out, Jiraiya stood in front of him. "Stand up." Jiraiya called out, "What?" Naruto groaned, rising to his feet. "What's going on?" Naruto asked, his head tilted. 
"Your training ends right here." Jiraiya said with a nod, his hands on his hips. "Wha---!" Naruto raised a fist, furrowing his brow. "Huh?! But I haven't even done anything yet!" "Naruto!" Jiraiya shouted, calling for his attention.
"Starting now, you must stare death in the face." Jiraiya called out, "Death?" Naruto tilted his head, 
"That's right. To stave off the horror of death, you must release enormous chakra." Jiraiya explained with a nod, Naruto looked up at him with a confused expression. "Once you've experienced that, you'll understand how to release the red chakra." Jiraiya explained.
"Oh, there they are." I said to my self, looking at them from afar. I started to run closer to them, Kale let out a low hiss as he woke up, banging against my chest as I ran. I waved to them as I came closer, Naruto's eyes widened.
"Oh, hey, (Y/N)'s-----" "Naruto." Jiraiya called for his attention again, Naruto looked back up at him.
"If you don't wish to die, do something about it." Jiraiya called out, a serious tone in his voice.
"Now."
Jiraiya gave Naruto a strong push to the chest, sending him flying backwards down the face of the cliff. Naruto let out a loud scream.
I gasped as I watched Jiraiya push Naruto down, "Hm?" Jiraiya turned his head to me running, "(Y/N)-----!" "KALE!" I screamed, Kale let out a loud his, slithering across my arm, he extended like a rope, coiling down to catch Naruto, Jiraiya quickly grabbed onto Kale, throwing him to the side. I ran off the edge of the cliff, diving straight off.
"NARUTO!" My scream echoed around the ravine, Jiraiya jumped, catching me by my ankle. I growled.
Jiraiya peered down at me. I was hanging upside down, gritting my teeth as I bended my head up, my eyes stinging as I glared at him.
Jiraiya pulled me up, flinging me backwards onto the ground. "Naruto!" I cried out, "(Y/N), stop. This is a part of his training. Let him go, he can get back up himself!" Jiraiya shouted at me. I stared down into the pitch black ravine.

Naruto's shrieks echoed around the ravine as he continued to fall, gritting his teeth as he looked around. 
If I don't grab onto something, I'll die! Naruto gulped, quickly sending chakra to his hands, he desperately tried to hold onto the rocks on the side. He tried to get a grip on the rock, but his hand slipped off, sending him down deeper.
It's impossible, Naruto. You have to recognize that. Jiraiya gritted his teeth, watching as Naruto continued to fall. I shook my head. The rocks are too slippery, and falling at that speed with the limited control of chakra that you possess, you can't possibly cling to the rock. Naruto, you must see it. You must depend on the chakra of the nine-tailed fox!

Sweat beaded on Naruto's forehead, dripping off his skin in front of him. Wind whisked against him, pushing his golden spiky hair up. Goosebumps rose all over Naruto.
I-If I continue like this, I really am going to die! Naruto's eyes widened, his head beating rapidly. Die......Naruto's breathing was quick and uneven, shallow breaths making his chest feel tight. 
Die!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today's history class will be outside." Iruka began with a smile, looking down at the class. "As you all are aware," Iruka turned his head behind, motioning his arm up, "On this rock face are the sculptures of all the hokage. They're on order from the left." Iruka nodded, pointing them out to the class, "There's the first, the second, the third, and then the fourth." Iruka counted them out. 
Konohamaru giggled as he looked up at the faces, the old man sure looks different up there then he does now. Konohamaru thought with a toothless grin. I mean, he used to have hair!
"Iruka-sensei, so who's the fifth hokage?" A little girl asked, tilting her head. Iruka smiled down at her. 
"Hm? Hm...." Iruka tapped his chin, "That hasn't been decided yet." Iruka shook his head with a grin, "But....maybe it'll be your favorite teacher!" Iruka laughed, pointing his thumb up at himself.
"Heh. Working in an occasional joke to make for an engaging history lesson, eh, Iruka?" Sarutobi called out, Iruka jumped, his face turning red as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Lord Hokage!" Iruka called out with a gulp. "Whoa! It's the third!" A kid called out with awe, looking up at him in the crowd. "Hey old man!" Konohamaru shouted, pointing at him. "What are you doing here?" He asked with a frown.
"I just wanted to look at the mountain side images, like you students are doing." Sarutobi said with a smile, tapping the end of his pipe. 
"Well, you've come at a great time." Iruka said with a nod, "Would you care to join me?" He asked, motioning toward his side. "Hm." Sarutobi smiled, walking around the ground of kids to Iruka, holding his pipe in his hand.
"This is the man who's likeness is carved up there on that mountain. He's the great Third Hokage." Iruka explained with a smile and a nod.
"The Third Hokage was considered the strongest, and even called a genius. He was also called Professor." Iruka smiled, Sarutobi turned to him. "I am still here." He said with a low grumble as he looked at Iruka, "Talk about me in the present tense."
"Y-Yes! Of course." Iruka chuckled, "Sorry." 
"Come on, are you really that strong? Cause you don't look it." A kid called out from the crowd, Iruka turned to them angrily. "Hey! Stop it! If you're granted the title of Hokage, it means only one thing!" Iruka held a finger up, "It means that you are the strongest in this entire land!"
"Yeah? Then I'm gonna be the fifth hokage!" A kid shouted back, standing up with a big grin. Iruka laughed, putting his hands on his hips. "Well, you won't make it with the grades you have now." 
The other kids erupted in laughter, Sarutobi smiled down at him. "At least you have confidence!" Sarutobi nodded, 
"Ah, just look at you. You're all so young, unlike me. There might be someone among you who will take the name Hokage. Remember, you have just one life. So, don't choose a road that's impossible. It doesn't matter what you do if you live and die as you like, however....." Sarutobi paused, putting the pipe between his lips.
"No matter what route you end up taking, remember to protect the people that are precious to you."
"The people precious to us?" A kid wondered, looking up at him doe-eyed. Sarutobi nodded, "Mm. That's correct. The one's you appreciate the very most and trust and love with all your heart. Do you have people like that in your life?" He asked, the kid nodded. 
"Yeah. My mom and my dad. And my big brother, even though I don't like him very much. Oh, yeah, and my dog Gunta!" The kid nodded, "I have some too, my friends!" Another kid called out, "Yeah, me too!"
Sarutobi smiled down at them.
A kid raised his hand, "So, do you have people like that too?" He asked, Sarutobi nodded. 
"Yes, I do. Of course." 
"Who?" A girl asked. "Well, I have my grandson. Konohamaru." Sarutobi smilled, pointing down at him with his pipe. Konohamaru smiled up at him, "And I also have all the people in this village." Sarutobi nodded.
Iruka smiled as he turned to him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto let out a loud gasp, his eyes widening as he looked around the room he found himself in.
A dimly lit room with yellow fluorescent lights. Moths flickered around them. Rows and rows of pipes which seemed to go on forever loomed above him. One of the pipes had a large gash, dripping water down. The entire place was flooded, Naruto standing ankle deep in water as he looked around. The bottom legs of his pants were soaked.
Each drip of water sent ripples sending through.
"What?" Naruto called out in a small whisper, his voice quietly echoing around. As he moved, the water swirled. "Huh?" He wondered, looking around. 
A loud growl echoed around, Naruto's eyes widened as he heard the sound, his heart beating fast as he turned to the dark hallway. 
Naruto continued to walk, the water sloshing around his feet. He turned a corner, following the loud cries. This feeling, Naruto thought, shocked. It's that red chakra again. Naruto shivered as he continued to walk closer. 
A sudden bright light came into view, Naruto picked up his pace, moving closer and closer, the growls and roars getting louder and louder until Naruto found himself in front of a large metal gate, tall, menacing iron bars stood in front of him.
"W-What is this?" Naruto gasped as he looked up at the gate, his head tilted to the side. A large seal holding the gate closed, Naruto gasped as he looked up at it.
Red piercing eyes glared down at Naruto, Naruto shook slightly as he stared into the eyes of the beast. Red chakra pouring thick into the air, what is this? Naruto thought with a gulp, I-It's huge!
"Come closer, little boy....." The voice came out in a heavy growl, Naruto took cautious steps closer to the gate, his legs shaking with each step he took. He kept his eyes on the beast. 
"Um...." Naruto began, the fox slammed the front gate, it's large claws poking out. "GAH!" Naruto shouted, startled, he fell backwards into the water. Soaking the back of his orange jumpsuit. 
"How wonderful it would be in finally kill you, but this accursed gate confines me. It's that infuriating sealing spell." The beast growled angrily, Naruto looked up at it, laying flat on his back.
"Y-You're.......you're the.....nine-tailed fox!" Naruto climbed up to his feet, his arms crossed. "Of course. The red chakra is this guys chakra." Naruto thought out loud with a nod.
"Why are you here foolish boy?! What do you want? Or have you simply come to offer yourself to me, so I may feast upon your marrow?" The beast snapped, "Huh? Hm." Naruto squinted his eyes at the fox, tapping his foot on the ground.
"All right, look, you stupid fox, you're in my body, and you owe me rent!" Naruto shouted up at it with a grin, "So, for payment, I'll take your chakra! You got that?" Naruto called out, his hands on his hips.
The fox chuckled menacingly, "Well, I suppose I can't kill you, can I? After all, if you die, I die. Your courage is most impressive, little boy." The fox said, looking down at Naruto. It's chakra leaked out from underneath the gate, circling around Naruto's body. "Huh----GAH!" Naruto shouted as I squeezed around his body tightly.
"Very well. As a reward for making it this far, I will loan you my chakra."

Naruto gasped as he opened his eyes, this is it! He thought, sinking his front teeth into his thumb, blood sprayed upward. Naruto moved his hands quickly, shouting as he made the hand signs. Spreading his legs, he shouted, 
"Summoning jutsu!"
Smoke erupted in the cavern, blowing out the top. Loud crashed shook the sides of the ravine, a large silhouette peeking through the smoke, Naruto had a wide goofy grin as he continued to fall right into it.
Jiraiya smiled down at the ravine. "Well done kid."

Naruto bounced on Gamabunta's head, quickly holding on. "What's this?!" The large toad shouted, his voice echoing around. "Where in the world am I?!" Gamabunta seethed, looking around at the ravine's walls angrily. He let out a loud, agitated shout. 
Naruto laughed down at him.

 

To be continued......................