Chapter Forty Six: Gaara VS. Rock Lee, The Power of Youth Explodes!

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"Wow, Choji. Glad I'm not you." Shikamaru called out from the side, his back facing me, his hands in his pockets. Choji looked down at the floor, hiding his chin in his scarf. "I mean, you've still got the toughest ones left," Shikamaru said with a shrug. "I wouldn't want to face any of them." Shikamaru turned to look at the other side of the stadium. "That creepy guy from the sound village and that Rock Lee guys got to be powerful if he took on Sasuke. And then those sand village guys, I don't like even looking at them. And (Y/N)........" "Ha! You've got some bad luck there Choji." I grinned, turning over to him. "Hey, don't you forget (Y/N), you've still haven't fought either," Sakura said, turning to me. 
"Gnnnnn......" Choji whined, holding onto the railings bars as he slid down to the floor. "I'm not feeling so good......" He cried out. "I ought to go  ahead and forfeit right now." Choji sighed. Asuma turned to him, "What?" He called out, Choji turned his head up to him. "Y'know, if you win, I'll take you out for BBQ," Asuma said with a nod. "Aw, come on," Choji complained, looking back down at his feet. 
"Choji." Asuma began, kneeling down to him. "Come on, don't worry. If it gets bad, we'll step in and stop the fight, just like with Hinata. Okay?" Asuma asked with a smile, "Just think about it, all the short rib you could eat." Asuma continued on with a menu. 
That's a low blow.  Ino thought, her hands on her hips as she listened to Asuma's spiel. Playing on his weak spot like that.  Ino shook her head. I bet he would step in and stop the fight anyway. Shikamaru crossed his arms.
A determined look crossed Choji's face. "Now you're talkin! All you can eat?! Bring it on!" Choji shouted out, his fists in the air.
"Now that's the spirit!" I laughed, our voices echoed across the room.

Gaara's breaths were shaky, a thick shadow crossing his face as he looked across the room. His eyes were wide as he watched us talk. Gaara started to twitch, listening to me laugh. Kankuro took a nervous gulp.  Uh oh, I've seen that look before. Kankuro thought, uneasily shifting his feet. Temari crossed her arms, a bead of sweat running down the side of her face. I can sense his bloodlust. She closed her eyes, turning her head away from Gaara. Baki looked down at him,  the last fight, I wonder.....did it stir up his inner demon? 

Kankuro looked across the way, trying to avoid Gaara's look.  I'm still curious about that Neji guy.....He wondered, his arms crossed. His eye wandered over to me, yeah, that might work. He thought, putting his hands in his pockets. Kankuro his heel, passing Gaara and Temari as he walked towards the staircase. Mikio stopped him.  Mikio crossed his arms, looking Kankuro up and down. "Where are you going?" He asked, Kankuro stepped around him. "Just doing a little recon, I'll be back," Kankuro told him, waving at him with the back of his hand. Mikio's eyes followed him down the stairs.

I stood towards the end of the stadium, my hands around the railing as I looked down at the stadium. I could be next. I thought, looking around at the remaining competitors. If I get paired with Lee, I thought with a small frown, I doubt I'd be able to win, with this curse mark, it pretty much renders my Daigan useless. I let out a small sigh, lightly tapping my fingers against the side of my neck. If I get paired with the sound village guy, then it should be fairly easy. I can't remember what happened in the forest too clearly, but if Sasuke could take him down, I'm sure I could do it. I looked around the room. If I get paired with Mikio.......I stopped, closing my eyes once again. I'm going to have to take him down, no matter what. My jaw tightened, I can't let him go this time.

"Hey, you." A voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I turned my head around. "Hm?" My brow raised as I saw Kankuro walked up the steps next to me with a wave. "How come you're all by yourself?" He asked, walking over to me casually as if we've known each other for years. "Why aren't you hangin with your buddies?" He asked me like I was a child, I turned my head away from him. "I was thinking until you showed up, tch, what's it to you anyway?" I answered back, turning my head away from him.
Well, well. Touchy. Kankuro thought with a grin, moving closer towards me. He eyed me up and down. "So, tell me a little about this guy Neji. I'm feeling like we haven't seen the full extent of his powers in the last fight, did we?" Kankuro asked, taking another step closer to me. He leaned on the railing, facing his chest towards me. "So, what's his story?" He wondered, I gritted my teeth. 
"I'm gonna pulverize him, that's his story!" I shouted back at him, fuming with anger. "Okay....." Kankuro muttered to himself. "Well, that wasn't what I was asking." Kankuro edged in closer to me, I squinted my eyes at him, he was too close for comfort. "I don't care about what you're asking," I answered back to him, my arms crossed. Kankuro furrowed his brow, gritting his teeth as he tried to keep himself from yelling. This kid......Kankuro thought, clearing his throat. "Hey, sweet cheeks, I came all the way over here to see you, don't you think you could repay the nice gesture by answering my questions?" Kankuro looked over to me, tapping his fingers against the railing.
"Why don't you get lost, sandboy?" I growled back at him, Kankuro clenched his hands into fists. Why you!

Hayate's cough broke up our conversation, everyone's attention was back on him. "Now then," He began with his hands in his pockets. "We will continue with the competition."
The room fell silent once again, except for the beeping of the overhead screen. "Alright!" Guy shouted out, pointing his thumb over to Lee. "This time you'll get picked, I just know it! Are you ready, Lee?" Guy called to him, "No!" Lee answered back, turning his head away from Guy. "Huh?" Guys tilted his head. "I have been waiting so long, I do not care! I would rather be last!" Lee said with a sigh, he looked back over at me and Kankuro. Sakura itched the top of her head, what's wrong with Lee? Is he sulking? Sakura wondered, crossing her arms. 

GAARA VS. ROCK LEE

Gaara put two fingers in front of his face, in a burst of sand he was already down in the arena. Well, come on. Let's do this. Gaara thought with a frown, looking up a Lee. 
"Hya!" Lee shouted, kicking the air in front of him triumphantly. My eyes widened as I looked up at the screen, I turned my head around to him. Kankuro watched me closely, at least I can tell that they're not an idiot. Kankuro thought, crossing his arms. They can tell that Gaara isn't someone to be messed with.

"It worked like a charm!" Lee laughed, "I knew if I said that I would want to be last, I would be next! I simply applied the principle which states that sometimes the surest way to hit something is to stop trying to hit it at all! It is a form of reverse psychology!" Lee shouted out with raised fists.
"Hoowah!" Guy cheered, bending his knees as he smiled. "That's my student!" Guy grinned. Sakura tilted her head to the side. "I absolutely was not going to be last, no matter what! Ha! I sure did fool them, did I not?" Lee smiled as he continued to punch the air in front of him. Fooled who? Sakura wondered, shaking her head.
Guy pointed a finger up to the ceiling, looking down at Lee. "Now then, listen carefully," Guy called for Lee's attention, Lee turned his head around to him. "A piece of advice before you begin." Guy nodded, "Sir!" Lee answered back, saluting Guy before he leaned in. "Look," Guy began, looking back down at Gaara. "You see that gourd that Gaara is wearing?" Guy whispered, his face turning serious. "Watch out, there's something weird about it." "Good advice sir," Lee said with a gulp, quickly flipping open his notebook. "Don't write it down!" Guy shook his head, "What are you thinking? Afterall, you aren't going to have time to read any notes during the match, are you?" Guy put his hands on his hips. "Ah!" Lee began to scribble it down, "More good advice!"
Kakashi gave a small sigh, did he just figure that out about the gourd? Kakashi put his hands in his pockets. Sakura shook her head.

"Now," Guy pointed up to the ceiling, "Rock and roll!" "Yeah!" Lee shouted out, his eyes sparkling with determination. Lee jumped off of the railing, landing down in the arena with a small thud.

He faced Gaara. Lee turned his body to the side, showing Gaara the back of his hand, his fingertips raised upward. A small smile was on Lee's face. "I knew that sooner or later we were going to have to meet. I am glad it is sooner." Lee called out to Gaara, Gaara kept quiet, his arms crossed.

"I don't know what kind of moves that guy with the dumb haircut has got, but he will never take Gaara down," Kankuro said, shaking his head. "Not in this lifetime." Kankuro turned his head over to me. "Wrong." I simply told him, ignoring Kankuro's look. "What?" Kankuro asked, trying not to laugh. "Lee is stronger than you think. You have no idea." I answered back, shaking my head. "Gaara is very powerful, but Lee could definitely stand up to his strength. This will be an interesting fight." I nodded, Kankuro tapped his chin.

Lee easily caught onto the cork thrown at him, Gaara's stare intensified. "Why are you in such a hurry?" Lee asked, dropping the cork down onto the floor. Gaara kept quiet. Sand started to leak out of the gourds opening. 

Be careful. Stay on your toes, Lee. Guy thought, looking down at him.

Silence filled the space between them, Hayate took a few steps back before he raised his hand. "Alright then," Hayate began, clearing his throat. "If you are both ready, begin."

Lee didn't waste any time. He headed straight for Gaara, bouncing off of his back heel, he kept one arm behind his back as he jumped up. "Leaf Hurricane!" Lee shouted out as he flung a strong kick towards Gaara. Without even thinking about it, a wall of sand rose up to his defense, Lee jumped off of it, landing back down on the ground. "Huh?" Lee whispered as he looked up, watching a wave of sand head towards him, Lee quickly jumped back up into the air, the sand reached out to him again, he dodged pushing himself back, he skidded to a halt. The sand hit the floor, returning back to Gaara's gourd. Lee watched him closely. 
"W-What is that?" Ino breathed out, "That's sand!" Sakura said in shock. That's an unusual jutsu. Kakashi thought, watching the last few grains fly back to Gaara. Naruto nodded,  so that's what he's got in the gourd. 
Shino's eyes widened behind his glasses, that......that nightmare. Not again.

Lee kept his stance, his eyes plastered on Gaara. A sand manipulating jutsu, huh. It will not be easy getting through that. But nothing ventured, nothing gained! With that, Lee rushed towards Gaara again. Sand leaked out from the gourd once again, Gaara watched Lee come closer. Lee jumped, sending another kick his way, a burst of sand pushed his leg away. Lee landed back down on the ground, spinning around with his elbow heading to Gaara's face, it sunk into the sand. 
"Hya!" Lee shouted out as he tried a punch, nothing gave.
He watched sand break from in front of him, "Huh?" He breathed, sand snuck up on him from behind, Lee took a kunai from his side, slashing away the incoming sand. Lee turned around on his heel, pushing his leg through, but his foot was confronted by sand again. Gaara kept still, his arms crossed as he listened to the sand brushing against the floor. A wall was heading to the back of Lee, Lee caught it just in time, tucking his head down to his chest as he rolled out of the way. The sand came after him, Lee landed on his hands, pushing off of the ground as he avoided the attacks. He took the moment in the air to send a shuriken down towards Gaara, the metal spikes sunk into the sand. 

"Wow....." I breathed out, "What did I tell ya?" Kankuro said with a grin, I ignored him. "Even as fast as he is, Lee can't get anywhere close to him," Sakura said with a small gasp, "The sand.....he's using it as a shield." I crossed my arms, Kankuro shook his head. "He's not doing it, the sand is protecting him of its own accord," Kankuro explained, I turned my head over to him, he was leaning on the railing next to me. "It's almost like a living thing, it'll come to Gaara's defense without him doing anything. That's why Gaara has never been injured, no one can get at him. No one's ever been able to touch him." Kankuro's tone turned, I looked over at him, he was staring down at the match. 

Gah! How is he doing it? He is not moving a muscle! Lee thought, furrowing his brow as he looked over at Gaara. "Well, is that all....." Gaara called out to him, "Huh?" Lee's eyes widened. "I hope you haven't finished entertaining me.......the boyfriend of (Y/N)......." Gaara's head moved down. "We haven't had enough........blood."

Sand came rushing towards Lee, Lee jumped up to avoid it, but it was too late. Sand circled around his ankle. "AHHHHH!" Lee shouted as it pulled him through the air, spinning him around before it launched him into a wall. Lee's back hit it hard, he slid down it to the floor. Lee gritted his teeth, taking in the sudden pain, but the sand didn't rest. Lee's eyes widened as he saw another burst of sand come near him, he rolled out of the way before it could hit him. The sand struck the wall, the stands above shook, I tightly held onto the railing.

Lee got up from the ground, kicking off of the wall, he ran up to Gaara's side, flying a strong punch to Gaara's face, sand pushed him back. Lee gritted his teeth, flinging himself around Gaara.

Sakura leaned her chest on the railing, shaking her head. "I don't get it." She began, "He's only using taijutsu. Can't he see that's never going to work? Why doesn't he get some distance and use some ninjutsu?" Sakura wondered out loud, Guy crossed his arms, nodding his head. "Yes, that may be a good idea, that is, if he had any." Guy explained, Sakura turned her head over to him. "Huh?" She wondered, tilting her head to the side slightly. "Lee had no ninjutsu or genjutsu skills at all." Guy explained with a nod. "You're kidding!" Sakura gasped. "Oh hoh, that's nothing. You should've seen how hopeless he was when I first met him." Guy said with a small smile, closing his eyes. "No talent what so ever." Sakura's eyes widened, "Really? I can't believe it." Sakura's mouth was slightly open.

Another sand attack was thrown Lee's way, Lee jumped away from it, pushing off the ground. Sand slithered across the ground, as Lee stepped down, he slipped. "Ah!" He gasped, falling down on his side. Sand rose up over him, Lee's eyes widened as the sand came crashing down on him.

Sakura gasped out, "I-It's over." Shikamaru said in shock, Ino put her hands over her eyes. Guy chuckled. "Huh?" Sakura breathed out, her eyes widening as she saw Lee fly through the air, landing back on the huge statue's fingertips. Lee gritted his teeth, looking down at Gaara from the height. 

"A ninja who could neither do ninjutsu or genjutsu is certainly a rarity. Lee has only his taijutsu to rely on. Some might consider that a disadvantage." Guy turned his head over to Sakura, "But that's what makes him a winner!" Guy gave Sakura a small nod, she raised her brow. Guy pushed a thumbs up into the air, "Alright! Lee!" Guy shouted out, Lee turned his attention over to Guy. "Take them off!"

"Uh....." Lee gave Guy a salute, "But Guy-sensei! You said that it was only as a last resort when the lives of very important people were at stake!" Lee answered back, Guy flashed him a wink. "That's right I did! But this is an exception!" Guy nodded. Lee's mouth opened, "Really?"  A smile came to his lips, "Really?" He laughed like a child opening his Christmas presents. Lee stripped off his orange leg warmers with a smile.

"Huh? Are those----" Ino tilted her head, looking up at Lee. "How old-fashioned," Shikamaru said, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Kakashi turned his head over to Guy,  leg weights? Basic training equipment. Kakashi thought looking up at them. "Totally cool!" Naruto said with a laugh. "Yeah!" I agreed with a nod. Kankuro rolled his eyes, "Totally dumb."

Lee held one weight in both of his hands. "Ah!" He breathed a sigh of relief. "That is better! Now I will be able to move freely!" Lee said with a smile, dropping the weights. They cut through the air. 

Temari looked up at him, shaking her head. Come on. Do you really think you'll be able to get through Gaara's defenses just by dropping a few pounds? 

BAM!

The weights crashed into the floor, shaking the entire room, Temari's mouth was wide open, she stumbled back. Sakura squeaked as she lost her balance, falling to her knees. Kakashi shook his head, Guy, you are too much. Kakashi let out a small sigh. "Alright!" Guy called out, waving to Lee. "Now go!"

"Yes sir!" Lee shouted back, clenching his fists, Gaara looked up at him, Lee jumped off of the statue. "Huh?" Gaara breathed out. In a green flash, Lee was behind him, a burst of sand met Lee's fist, Gaara's eyes widened slightly. The Lee was behind him again with a kick, Gaara turned his head around, but Lee was already gone. Lee was circling Gaara, Gaara could only hear Lee whisking around in the air.
Lee bent his elbow back, shouting as he pushed his fist near Gaara, it missed him by a centimeter, zipping past the side of his face. 

"So close!" I gasped, leaning over the railing to try to get a better look. So fast. Kakashi thought with a nod. Amazing! Naruto's eyes widened. Kankuro's mouth was wide open, I turned to him. "I told you. You should never underestimate Lee."

"I could see that Lee had no aptitude towards ninjutsu or genjutsu," Guy continued on, watching Lee flash around Gaara with a grin, his arms crossed. "So we skipped them and focused all of his time and energy into developing his taijutsu. That way we turned his disadvantage into a blessing." 
Gaara couldn't keep his eye's on Lee, moving his head around, he searched for him. The only thing Gaara could see were flashed of green of Lee mixed with the yellow of his sand.
"Now he doesn't need those other things to win because he's transformed himself into one of the worlds greatest," Guy paused, looking back down at Sakura. "Taijutsu specialist." 

Lee jumped up into the air, flipping his body around, he sent his heel down towards Gaara. His heel dug into the back of Gaara's neck, pushing his head down. A direct hit!

Temari gasped out, Kankuro's hand started to twitch. Mikio walked closer to the railing, his eyes wide as he looked down into the match.
A large gash ran across the side of Gaara's face. 
"I-I don't believe it!" Temari chocked out, "Gaara's been hurt!" She shook her head, leaning her chest over the railing. 
"Impossible....." Kankuro whispered over to my side, Naruto gasped. "Wow, that's scary. And I thought he was quick on his feet before!" Naruto was in disbelief. "He's been that fast this entire time?" Naruto tilted his head to the side, I put my hands on my cheeks. "Lee is so awesome!" I said with a smile, my face turning pink. Naruto huffed, "Not really...." He mumbled, looking down at the ground. Kankuro crossed his arms, tapping his foot against the ground.

"Yes! Lee!" Guy shouted out, shoving his fists into the air. 
"Let the power of youth explode!!!"

"Right!" Lee shouted back, his eyes burning with determination and power. He ran towards Gaara again, Gaara moved quickly this time, pushing his arm upward, he moved his sand in front of him, Lee pushed past it. He bounced off his foot, circling Gaara again. "Over here!" Lee called out, Gaara's every widened as he turned his head to follow the voice of Lee. "No, here!" Lee shouted out
Gaara twisted his head over, Lee pushed his fist throwing, digging it into the side of Gaara's face, he sent Gaara flying back!

"Good!" Guy nodded. Lee looked down at Gaara, a small smile on his lips. Direct hit. Lee thought, giving himself a small nod. 

"H-He's just too quick!" Sakura gasped out. "That sand can't keep up with him!" I grinned, Kankuro turned his head around to me. "Lee! You nailed him!" I cheered him on, waving my hands in the air. 
"That's incredible." Shikamaru's eyes widened. "I've never seen anyone that fast!" Ino gasped, "Make's me dizzy just trying to keep up with him!" Choji added with a nod. 

Gaara slowly rose to his feet, his back bent as he wheezed, his breathing uneven. Sand poured out of his gourd, landing on the ground around him. Gaara kept his face down. 
"Uh oh," Kankuro called out next to me. "Uh oh is right! Your friend down there is getting the stuffing beaten out of him!" I said with a smile, turning my head around to him. "That wasn't what I was talking about, kid." Kankuro's tone changed. 

"Huh?" Lee's eyes widened. Sand fell from Gaara's face, adding to the pile by his feet. "What?" Lee whispered, sweat beading down the side of his face. Gaara threw his head up, a wild looking grin on his lips. A thin cracked layer of sand stuck to his face, loose pieces of it falling off. Gaara's eyes were wide open, Lee shifted uneasily. 

"What the heck!" Naruto gasped out to the side of me, I froze. "What is going on with this guy? His face is falling off!" Naruto shouted out, I shook my head. "It's like a shell made of sand......" I mumbled, tilting my head to the side. "Look at the guy! Not a mark on him!" Shikamaru called out. Sakura quivered, "That is so weird!"
He encased himself in sand, huh? Kankuro gritted his teeth,  things must be bad. I haven't seen that look on his face in a long time.

Sand picked up around him, moving back towards his face, filling the cracks. 
Mikio's grip tightened around the railing, I knew it. He thought, looking down at Gaara. I sensed him getting more and more unstable as the Chunin exams progressed. Baki gulped, as I thought. His inner demon has been awakened.
The sand covered Gaara's horrible expression, leaving a hollow, emotionless stare in its place.

"I don't get it. Is he made of sand or what?" Naruto called out next to me, "All those blows and kicks Lee hit him with, did any of them get through?" Naruto wondered, "No.....I don't think so." I said, crossing my arms. "It's like he's using the sand as armor." I breathed out, my eyes wide. "That's exactly what's happening." Kankuro nodded, Naruto looked over at him. "Normally, those clouds of sand are enough to shield him, but in the event that the shield is penetrated, Gaara can also wear the sand like armor. As a last line of defense." Kankuro explained with a grim look on his face. "This guy's too much! He's got armor now?" Naruto shouted out, clenching his fists. "Does he have any weak spots?" I wondered out loud, Kankuro looked down at his feet. Ha. If you only knew kid. That armor is one big weak spot. Kankuro thought, shaking his head. Unlike the sand shield, the armor can be broken. And then there's the enormous amount of chakra that Gaara has to use to keep it in place. That takes its tole. 

Temari gulped. That's proof that Gaara is feeling the pressure. He would've never had to resort to the armor otherwise. This Lee is good, no doubt about it. But that's not the same as winning. It may not be as easy as we thought, but the outcome is a given. Gaara can't lose.

"Well, is that all?" Gaara breathed out, looking down at Lee. Lee stared at him back. My speed will not be enough. He is impossible to get behind with those sand defenses! But maybe, if I can get him up off of the ground and away from the sand, then hit him hard from above with the lotus. Lee thought with a sparkle in his eye. "Hm." Lee gave Gaara a small smile.

Lee stood up straight, starting to unravel the bandages on his arms, he let them fall down in front of him. He placed one arm over the other in front of his face, bending his knees. "Get ready," Lee called out.

In a flash, Lee circled Gaara, running around him at impossibly high speeds. Guy nodded. That's right, Lee. Good work! That flimsy shield of sand won't protect him from your high-speed lotus.

Gaara kept his arms crossed, standing in the middle. "What are you waiting for?" He asked impatiently. "Okay! You asked for it!" 
Lee broke from the circle, sending a kick towards Gaara's chin, pushing him up into the air. Gaara's sand started to crack. "Try this!" Lee shouted out, jumping up, he continued kick after kick into Gaara's chest, moving him up into the air. 
"What an incredible series of kicks," Kakashi said, watching them go higher and higher up into the air. Guy gritted his teeth, clasping his hands together.
Even an ordinary lotus puts an enormous strain on the body, let alone this. You've got to finish him off, now!

"Gnn!" Lee grimaced in pain as he twisted his leg with another kick, he gritted his teeth, bearing the pain. Lee twisted his body around in the air, the bandages around his arms flying up around Gaara, encircling him in a tight grasp. Lee grabbed onto his sides, flipping him upside down in the air. "Take this!" Lee shouted out, spinning Gaara around in the air, the twisted the air around them as he flung Gaara down. 
"Primary lotus!

They crashed down into the ground. A large cloud of dust and debris flew up into the air, chunks of concrete flung around the arena. Sakura covered with her hands. Ino covered her eyes, Choji's mouth was wide open, Shikamaru leaning over him. Naruto's electric blue eyes were blazing, my hands tightly grasped around the railing, Kankuro's chest lightly grazed my shoulder. Temari was speechless, Mikio's arms fell limp to his sides, Baki's mouth ajar. Dosu shifted uneasily as he heard the crash. 

Lee landed softly next to the crater, gasping for air. The dust started to clear out, revealing Gaara laying in the rock, piece of dirt and concrete over his chest. He laid there unmoving, deadpanned as he looked up at the ceiling, his eyes wide open, his entire body cracked. 

"It is over. I got him!" Lee called out, "Right on!" Guy cheered above him. "Amazing!" I breathed out, "No." Kankuro shook his head, "I don't believe it." Kankuro's chest quivered. "You did it! Way to go Lee!" Naruto shouted out.
"He didn't----that guy isn't dead, is he?" Shikamaru wondered, aghast. 

Hayate walked over to Gaara cautiously, clipboard in hand. He stopped. A piece of Gaara's skin cracked, falling inwards. Lee gasped. Gaara started to chip away, his skin turning yellow, into sand. The empty shell turning into a pile, the once steady pieces breaking up. 

"What?!" Lee gasped out.

To be continued....................