Chapter Forty Nine: Sibling VS. Sibling, The Snakes Eyes Open

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"Oh man, Choji's really in for it now," Shikamaru whispered over to Ino, she nodded. "Yeah, three others left, and they're all pretty strong." Ino whispered back, "There's that guy from the sand over there," Ino motioned her hand over to Mikio, "Just look at him, he looks like he could pick Choji up with one hand." She looked at his muscular arms, "He doesn't look that strong." Shikamaru said with a shrug, crossing his arms. "Right......" Ino said, shaking her head. "Anyways, then there's the guy from the Sound." She pointed over at Dosu, "He looks pretty powerful." She nodded, "And then, (Y/N)." Ino and Shikamaru looked over at me. "(Y/N) and Choji may be friends, but I don't think they're going to go easy on him just because of it. (Y/N)'s got a lot more powerful over the years, I don't know if Choji can take them on," Ino told Shikamaru, he nodded. "Yeah, it's not looking good for Choji," Shikamaru whispered back with a nod.
"Hey, what are you two talking about?" Choji asked, walking closer to them. Ino jumped, Shikamaru gulped, waving his hands defensively. "O-Oh! Nothing, nothing." Ino said, shaking her head. "Yeah, why would I want to talk to Ino anyway?" Shikamaru answered back, turning his head away with his arms crossed. Ino shot him a stern look, "And what do you mean by that?" She asked, tapping her foot on the ground angrily, "Oh.....well---"

"Ahem." Hayate called out, everyone's attention was on him. Hayate rose his hand, the screen flicked to life once again. 
It's got to be me this time! I looked up at the flashing screen, only the four names left, I held onto the railing with a death grip. Come on, come on! I gritted my teeth. The screen let out a small beep, the names written on the screen boldly:

DOSU KINUTA VS. CHOJI AKIMICHI

I let out a long sigh.

Choji walked confidently through the stands, heading towards the staircase. Dosu was already down in the arena, watching him walk closer. Choji stopped, facing him. Hayate nodded. 

Dosu chuckled as he looked over at Choji, "So, it's finally my turn." He breathed out, looking down at Choji. Choji clenched his fists, just keep your eyes on the prize. Choji thought to himself, all you can eat barbeque! 
Dosu looked at Choji with a dull expression, my job is to survive to the main tournament and battle Sasuke and (Y/N), isn't that right, Lord Orochimaru? I wouldn't want to disappoint you. I'm beginning to see through your design, the reason you set us against Sasuke and (Y/N) and told us to kill them, the curses you put on them. We were your pawn's, weren't we? Put here merely to test the limits of those two's abilities, it's not their lives you want, but them themselves. You played us all for fools, even me. 

"Alright." Hayate's voice cut through Dosu's thoughts, Hayate looked up at them from his clipboard, the sheet nearly filled out. 
"Let the tenth match, begin."

"You can do it!" Shikamaru shouted out, leaning his chest over the railing, "Fatso!" Ino shouted along with him.
"Gnnnnn!" Choji gritted his teeth, his fists clenched at his sides, he growled angrily. "Okay!" Choji shouted back, "I'm gonna finish this match, and when it's all over, which will only take two seconds, I'm coming after you Ino!" Choji screamed, raising his fists in the air. 
"Fine, fatso. If you want this match to end quickly, I'll just win it quickly." Dosu answered back, Choji snapped his head around, his eyes burning with fury. "You're going to go down hard, mummified weirdo." Choji seethed, glaring Dosu down. I know his techniques all too well, Choji thought, those holes in his arm make a pulsing sound, but if I can't hear it, then he can't hurt me!
"Ha!" Choji slapped his hands together, "Ninja art! Expansion jutsu!" Choji shouted out, in a puff of chakra, he was thrice is size, standing like a large ball in front of Dosu. "Now!" Choji spread his legs apart, "The hidden leaf style taijutsu!" Choji shouted, his arms and legs in, streams of chakra pouring out of them, he buried his head down as well, the chakra keeping him upright. This will protect my ears from his sound attacks!

Choji jumped up, "Human boulder!" He shouted, rolling towards Dosu, Dosu watched him with a dull expression. 
"Yeah, alright Choji! You can do it! Squash him good for me!" Ino shouted out with a raised fist, Shikamaru nodded. That guy doesn't even need to touch Choji to hit him with a powerful sonic attack, but they only work when Choji's ears are showing. With his head covered, it's like Choji's wearing earplugs.

Dosu easily jumped out of the way of Choji's attack, Choji turned around, just as easily as the last, Dosu dodged. 
His sonic attacks are useless against the huge meatball, especially when it's rolling. 

Dosu stood in front of the back wall, Choji charged at him, Dosu gave a small sigh. As Choji rolled closer, Dosu hopped out of the way, Choji smashed into the back wall.
"Heh." Dosu chuckled as he jumped up into the air, his sleeve rolling off of his arm, "He barely has any control over where he's going." Dosu shook his head, heading down on Choji. Choji was stuck in the wall, trying to pull himself out. "Now to end this!" Dosu shouted out, punching Choji strongly in the back, his fist sank it a bit. 
"It's no use, my ears are plugged!" Choji shouted back at him with a snort, "You're so wrong." Dosu answered back, tapping his arm. 
"Wwwwwooooooaaaaaahhhhhh!" Choji shouted out, beginning to wiggle uncontrollably. In a puff of smoke, it was all over, Choji was flat on his face.
"The human body is made up of seventy percent water, and water can transmit sound waves. You do the match." Dosu said with a sigh, his sleeve rolling back down his arm, Hayate walked over with his clipboard, scribbling something down. Hayate waved his hand, 
"The winner is Dosu Kinuta," Hayate called out, walking back to the front of the room. Dosu walked back to the staircase, his head down. Orochimaru, I am more than just a puppet. 

We were the only two left.

Hayate coughed into his sleeve before he looked down at his clipboard, his eyes widened slightly. The eleventh match, the only two left: 

(Y/N) (L/N) VS. MIKIO (L/N)

Hayate stared down at the names, pausing as he looked up into the stands. Our eyes were locked together, a furious staring match. Hayate turned around, looking up to the Hokage, Anko was blocking his vision. 
"We can't let this continue any longer," Anko said sternly, he looked up at her, his finger tapping on the edge of his pipe. "You know what happened last time, and you know it will happen again." She crossed her arms, a serious tone in her voice. "Last time Orochimaru and his brother Ichiro fought they nearly took down the entire arena!" Anko opened her palms, "The power of the (L/N) clan is too much, and with Orochimaru's curse on (Y/N), it's going to make it even worse." She shook her head, "You misunderstand, Anko." He spoke out to her, she looked up at him. "If I knew it would come to such extremes, I would've stopped the match already, but you don't know that child (Y/N) as much as I do." He said, walking closer to the edge of the platform. "They have a kind heart, not a bit of evil or hatred in their body, and yet a strong yearning curiosity." He looked down at us, Anko stood by him. "This match will continue. If history repeats it's self, let it." The Hokage said, looking down at Hayate with a nod, Hayate nodded back, turning his head over to us.

"So, it has come down to this, brother." I called out to him, "Tch." Mikio clicked his tongue, "I'm not your brother anymore, don't act like it." He seethed, his arms crossed. I turned my head away from him, "Fine, have it your way. I don't want to be your sibling either!" I shouted back at him, my fists clenched. 
"Just shut up!" He shouted back me, "I don't take orders from you!" I growled, gritting my teeth. A pain stung my neck, I put my finger over it, Mikio shook his head. 
"You're just Orochimaru's plaything, I don't need to waste time on the likes of you." Mikio shook his head, his arms crossed, I shot an irritated look at him. "I'm no one's 'plaything', what big O did......" I sighed, "There has to be a reason." I whispered, Mikio chuckled. "Oh, there' a reason alright." He scoffed, "What? Are you that naive? Orochimaru's only out for what he wants, and right now, that's the Daigan." Mikio clicked his tongue, "With you at his side and that Uchiha, who knows how much destruction he'll bring." "You're wrong!" I shook my head, "Uncle isn't like that, he wouldn't-----" "Open your eyes, why do you think he comes back now? After all those years of us thinking he's dead, he comes back now. It's the perfect opportunity to take what he wants." 

"No." I clenched my fists at my sides, "No, Mikio, you're wrong." I rose my fists, leaning a leg back, I took a strong stance. Mikio furrowed his brow, raising his fists as well.
"It's been a few years since we last fought," I called to him, "Heh, you don't look like you've gotten any stronger." Mikio answered back, eyeing me up and down, "Well, at least I don't look like I've gotten weaker." I squinted my eyes at him, "Hmph, you're going down, there's no way you could beat me, with or without that silly Daigan of yours." Mikio gritted his teeth, "I doubt you could even land a hit on me!" I stuck my tongue out at him, 
"Oh, yeah?" "Yeah!" "Try me then!" 
"Gnnnnn!" I growled angrily, I my heel, charging towards him. I was furious, he pulled his arm back, clenching a strong fist, he threw a punch at me. I quickly turned out of the way, it whisked by my head. I turned my body around, send a fist towards Mikio's face, I shouted as I felt my knuckles dig into his skin. His teeth chattered together as I stuck him, he twisted his arm around, grabbing onto my wrist as he flung me up into the air, I turned, looking down at him as I jumped to the ground, skidding to a halt.

I looked down at my wrist, red marks where his fingers once were streaked across it, I looked back to him. He's gotten a lot stronger since we last fought, I need to keep on my toes. I thought, regaining my stance, this might prove to be a difficult fight. I rose my fists up, Mikio watched me carefully, his hands down by his sides. They've gotten a bit more powerful, Mikio thought, eyeing me up and down, I can still feel that punch. "Heh." Mikio chuckled, "Is that all you've got? It's going to take a lot more than those weak baby punches to take me down." "Yeah?" I rose my head up to him, "It's going to take more than just pulling on my arm to beat me." I shot back, "Hmph." He crossed his arms. "If you think that's all I'm capable of, you're mistaken." I answered back to him, "This fight is one-sided." He took a step closer to me, "It's best if you forfeit now before you get hurt."
I clenched my fists, "Funny, I was just going to say that." I answered back, keeping my stance. 

"They keep arguing with each other." Sakura said crossing her arms, "I don't like that guy Mikio down there," Naruto mumbled, shaking his head. "Yeah, he's a bit weird looking, they almost don't look like they're related until it comes to the hair." Sakura nodded, "And the eyes." Naruto added, agreeing.

I charged at him again, he stood his ground, watching me come closer, I threw a punch out to him, he dodged, I grinned as I moved my leg up, kneeing him in the stomach. He absorbed the blow with a loud growl, picking up my thigh, he threw me up into the air, this time higher. As I started to fall down, he came up to meet me with a punch, I quickly dodged it, spinning up behind him, I dug my heel into his back, it cracked slightly. He let out a loud hiss as he landed on the ground with a skid. I landed gently on the other side of the arena. 

Mikio growled as he stood back up, squinting his eyes back over to me, I rose my fists once again. "Stop playing around." He shouted back at me, my eyes widened slightly. "I know you're saving your attacks, I don't need your pity." Mikio spat back at me, clicking his tongue. "Ha, you think I pity you? I'm just trying not to kill you." I answered back, shaking my head. "But, if you want this battle to get serious......" I began, my tone changing.
"Then it'll get serious."

Mikio turned over to me, I clasped my hands together, a large sting burned into the side of my neck, I grimaced at the pain, digging my feet into the jagged ground. My fingertips locked together, but something blocked me from gathering chakra to them, my neck burning viciously. I hissed out, closing my eyes as I tried to concentrate, the pain was overbearing. 
"Heh." Mikio chuckled, "Is that some lame excuse for a jutsu?" He walked closer to me, I clenched my fists, the burning feeling start to crawl up the side of my face, my teeth chattered as I tried to push it back. Mikio hopped up on his foot, drawing his arm back, in a flash he bounced towards me, fist raised, I quickly threw myself out of the way without even thinking, jumping over a rock sticking out from the ground. The aftermath of Lee and Gaara's fight made the area's terrain hard to maneuver in, the pain in my neck didn't help. I could feel the burning start to go back down.
Mikio's punch landed on the ground where I once stood, his fist breaking the rock underneath it, it sent the ground shaking. He turned around on his heel, my hand covered the side of my neck. I needed to think of something, and fast. 

I jumped up, turning the ground underneath me soft, the burning in my neck came back, I held it closely as I sunk down. Mikio clicked his tongue, so they're resorting to the underground, Mikio watched the last of me sink under, if that's where (Y/N) wants to take it! "Don't think you can hide from me down there!" Mikio shouted out, bending down to the ground, he started to shove his fists into the rock, trying to dig down.

As I fell through the ground, I landed with a small thud. I was surprised to find tunnels underneath the ground. Some were short, other long and extensive, they stretched out as far as the eye could see. I heard Mikio's shouting above, feeling the vibrations of his punches into the ground, I shook my head. The ground underneath Mikio broke, caving into the underground, he fell in with a large thud.
"You're out of your element down here," I called out to him, my voice echoing around the tunnels, a small glimmer of light from above cut into the darkness, I stepped away from it. "You've been spending too much time in the Wind," I called out to him, he twisted his head around, trying to hear where I was coming from. "Besides, your eyes aren't as trained as mine. Even without the Daigan, I can see you clearly in this darkness." I whispered, my voice came out strong on the other end. 
I clasped my hands together into another hand sigh, Mikio clenched his fists, "Even if I can't see you, eventually," He rose his fists, "I'll hit you." 
I rolled my eyes, "Not in a million years." I answered back, turning to focus on gaining my chakra. The curse mark burned horribly, it felt like my skin was bubbling, the pain grew along the side of my face, burning its way into my flesh, I strained my neck, trying to force it back down. 
Mikio ran down on the short tunnels, throwing his fists around as he desperately searched for me. "Quit hiding!  Quit being a coward and come and face me!" He shouted at me, his voice echoing loudly through the tunnels. I gritted my teeth, "I'm a coward?" I seethed, "I wasn't the one who ran away to the Wind!" I walked closed closer to him, "You think I could've stayed here in the Leaf? I'd rather die!" He shouted back at me, "The Leaf is our home, our families home!" I shot back, "And their grave site!"
I looked down at my feet, a low growl as I clenched my fists. "You......" I seethed, drawing my arm back. "AHHH!" I screamed, charging towards Mikio. He snapped his head around, tears ran down the sided of my face as I charged towards him.

My scream echoed through the caves, bouncing back outside.
"Byakugan," Neji whispered, his milky eyes flashing as he looked down at the ground. "Huh?" He muttered, his eyes widening slightly as he watched us fight. Sakura turned to him, "Wait, Neji, can you see what's going on down there?" Sakura asked, taking a step closer, Naruto turned his head around, a skeptical look on his face. Neji kept silent, his lips slightly parted. "Well? What's going on?" She asked, walking closer to him. "(Y/N)'s chakra......it's different." He answered back, watching me and Mikio fight, fists were thrown at each other.

"Ah!" I shouted out, my neck burning as I sent a harsh kick to Mikio's side, I could feel him twist around my shin as he fell back, pushed up against the side wall of the tunnel. I was out of breath, sweat beading down my forehead, Mikio grunted as he tried to stand back up, his legs shaking violently. 
I started to cough, my shoulders twitched as I bore the pain of the curse, Mikio scoffed. He rose his arms up, wasting no time as he ran towards me, listening to the sound of my coughs. He threw a punch down to me, I clumsily dodged, falling back onto the wall of the tunnel. That's when I started to hear it.  
 Hiss......
It started to come closer, starting to grow louder. Mikio's eyes widened slightly as he started to hear it as well, he couldn't see anything in the darkness of the tunnel. Gritting his teeth, he turned back to me. 
Hisssss......
It was louder this time, the hissing sounded like it was coming from behind me, but my back was up against the wall. My mouth opened slightly, a small gasp escaping from my lips,
Hisssss!
Kale burst from the wall, sliding past my head, he pounced at Mikio. "AH!" Mikio shouted as he stumbled backward, tripping over the tunnels jagged ground, Kale hit him in the chest with his tale. "Kale!" I shouted out, a wide smile on my face, I tried to walk closer, but I was stopped by another pain. "Ah......." I breathed out, falling to my knees, Kale slithered closely to me. 
Do it..........rely on the curse mark........(Y/N)........ Kale moved oddly, picking his head up, his eyes were red, glossed over.  His tongue flickered, "Huh?" I gasped out, Kale hissed, his tail starting to twitch. "What......what's wrong.....Kale?" I asked him, moving my hand closer, his eyes were starting to change. He looked like he was trying to fight something that wasn't there. 

"You and that damned snake." Mikio seethed, wiping a drop of blood off of his chin. I picked Kale up, holding him close to my chest, he twitched uneasily. I reached into my pocket, pulling out the cracked bottle Hinata had given me. Thanks, Hinata, you really did save me. I thought as I unscrewed the top of the bottle, "Kale," I whispered down to him, "Kale, it's okay, it's okay." I rocked him in my arm, picking a little bit of the ointment onto my finger, I rubbed it on his back. Kale started to calm down, his eyes flicking back to a calm blue, his slimy tongue tapped my finger, I gave a small sigh of relief. 
 "So, where are you and that snake now?" Mikio called out, walking around the tunnel, his hand on his chest as he searched for us. Kale slithered up my, arm his body was still stretched out, he circled around my neck twice, keeping his head up, I stood back up.
"Mikio." I began, he twisted his head around to the sound of my voice. "You need to forfeit his round. I may have been able to calm Kale down a bit, but his guard is still up. If he bites you," My voice dipped, "It's all over. I don't have any antidote for his venom on me, you'd be dead in minutes." I warned him, looking down at my feet. "Ha." Mikio chuckled, clicking his tongue, "You're not going to scare me with your idle threats." He scoffed, "Mikio, I'm serious, this isn't a joke----" "Nothing you say is going to make me forfeit this round!" He shouted back at me, I clenched my fists. "Fine."

"Have it your way!" I shouted to him, running towards him with a raised fist, the sound of the souls of my sandals hitting the ground caught Mikio's attention, he turned around as he heard me coming closer, "Ah!" I shouted as I threw another punch at him, he twisted out of the way, Kale curled off of my neck, springing off of me, "Kale!" I called to him, catching him by the tail, his jaw snapped closed as I pulled him close to me. Kale hissed at me, I shook my head. "Don't forget our training," I whispered to him, he shrunk, curled around my hand.
"Move." I whispered down to him, he hopped off of my hand, slithering with me as I ran, "Large!" I shouted out to Kale, he hissed back. In a puff of smoke, Kale grew ten times larger, standing high above my head. 
"Attack!
I called out, pointing towards Mikio, a loud hiss echoed around the tunnels, bouncing above it filled the arena. Kale flung himself at Mikio, his tale circled around Mikio's body. "AHHH!" Mikio shouted, struggling to get out of Kale's hold, I watched him wiggle.
"Fly." I whispered to Kale, Kale flopped his tale back down to the ground, throwing Mikio through the roof of the tunnel. A large hole in the ceiling leaked light down into it, it blinded me for a bit, I blinked my eyes as I walked over to Kale. "Shrink." I commanded, Kale shrunk down to the size of my palm, slithering up the side of my arm, he rested around my shoulders. 
I jumped out of the tunnel, my neck stung as I landed on the ground, I held onto it, wincing at the pain. Mikio was on the other side of the arena, flat on his back.

Sakura's mouth was wide open as she watched my walk closer to him, Naruto was in disbelief as well. All eyes were on me. I clenched my fists as I walked closer to him, Mikio climbed up to his knees, his chest shook as he coughed, blood dripping down his chin. "Brother," I whispered down to him, he shot me a furious glance, "Mikio, just leave. Stop the match, we don't have to fight like this." I shook my head, he spat blood down on the floor, wiping it onto his arm, he stomped his feet into the ground as he stood up. 
"There's no way in hell you're going to get me to quit." He answered back, I shook my head. "Mikio----" "Shut up. Stop trying to tell me what to do, I don't need your help." He clicked his tongue, "Fine." I said, taking a few steps back, "Then get up, and let's fight." 

I rose my fists, staring directly into Mikio's eyes, Mikio took his stance back, Kale tightened around my neck. I took a step closer to him, letting a punch fly, Mikio dodged it, turning his shoulder, he tried to hit me back, I spun out of the way. Mikio took a step back, clicking his tongue. 
"You're not going to get far with out your jutsu," He called out to me, I ignored him. Mikio slapped his hands together, the chakra sealing. Chakra ran through his arms, he broke the hand sign, hitting his arms together to form an X in front of his chest. The wind around him started to pick up, loose rocks on the ground started to pick up, my eyes widened as the wind started to howl. 
I moved my arms in front of my face, the wind started to get heavy, pushing me back, my heels dug into the ground. I gritted my teeth. Rocks were flung towards me, their sharp edges cutting into my arms and legs as they whisked by. Mikio grinned as he moved his hands, I started to skid back, blood dripping from the new gashes. 
I picked my leg up, stomping down on the ground as I tried to move through the wind, the ground beneath me broke with each step I took. Mikio watched me walk closer, my eyes burning furiously, my neck stinging. It felt like I was running in slow motion, my arm pulled back, my knuckles popping as I got closer to him. Mikio stayed still, his eyes widening, he was stuck in place, he tried to move his arms, breaking the connection between his chakra and the wind, but he wasn't quick enough.
My fist met with his cheek, his skin bounced as I dug my knuckled into the side of his face. It pushed him back, flying him across the arena, he rolled on the ground, landing down on his face. 

The winds subsided, leaning a trail of broken rock behind me. My knuckles were scrapped and red, I ignored the tingling pain on them. I walked closer to Mikio, he was face down on the ground. Blood pooled in Mikio's mouth, it leaked, running down his chin. He was knocked out cold. I knelt down to him.

Hayata moved closer, scribbling something down on his clipboard quickly. Medics were rushing into the room, they laid down a cot next to Mikio. One of them flipped him over on his side, I looked up at him, a small frown on my face.

"Is he going to be alright?" I asked them, I didn't even know why I cared about someone like him, I looked down. "Yeah, he should be fine, bad head ache when he wakes up." One of them answered back as they laid him down on the cot, I stood back up. 

Hayate cleared his throat, "The winner is, (Y/N) (L/N)." Hayate called out, motioning his hand towards me, I let out a long sigh. That ended quicker than I thought it would, I watched as the medics walked out of the room with Mikio. He just isn't strong enough, but that wont stop him. He'll come back to challenge me again, I shook my head. The I need to get stronger as well. Kale's the one who saved me, I need to train harder, and get rid of this curse. My finger tips grazed over the side of my neck, Kale was fast asleep.

Hayate let out a long sigh, it's finally over. Hayate walked back to the front of the room. At long last, we can continue to the final rounds. 
Hayate raised his hand, "With that match, the third exams preliminaries are now over. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iruka looked out towards the window with a small sigh, a text book in front of his chest. I wonder what's happened to (Y/N) and Naruto. He thought, his other hand on his hip.
Konohamaru turned to Udon, "Come on, let's go sneak outside." Konohamaru whispered to Udon, Udon turned his head over to him, "Heh, Iruka-sensei's distracted, so this is our big chance!" Konohamaru said with a nod, Iruka's eye twitched slightly. He snapped his head back to the class, "Going somewhere, Konohamaru?" Iruka called to him, Konohamaru jumped. "You're not planning on sneaking out again, are you?" He asked, his hands on his hips. "Uh.....I-I need to go to the bathroom!" Konohamaru stuttered, "Liar!" Iruka shouted, pointing an accusing finger down at him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I commend all those who have advanced to the finals of the chunin exams," Hayate's voice echoed around the room, Ibiki and Anko stood on both sides of him, the Hokage standing behind him on an elevated platform. "Well, still, there's one person missing, but congratulations." Hayate nodded, noticing Sasuke's absence.
The nine of us stood at each others sides, I looked around at them, my arm's crossed.
Shino, Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara, Kankuro, Temari, Naruto, Dosu, Sasuke, and then me. I let out a small sigh, my arms fell to my sides.
"Sensei....." Sakura whispered, Kakashi looked down at he. "I....have a question." She began, looking down at the ground. "About Sasuke? I'm sorry, I don't know much about it, I'm afraid. But I wouldn't worry too much." Kakashi answered back to her, turning his head back down to the arena, he looked over to me. 
It's all up to you two, Sasuke and (Y/N). Kakashi turned to Sakura, "Sakura, I have to leave, so I'm counting on you to keep an eye on (Y/N) and Naruto, oh, and don't forget to get the details about the finals." Kakashi called out to her, "Huh?" She tilted her head to the side, Kakashi left with a small puff of smoke. 
"Oh.....okay...." She mumbled, looking down at the ground.

Here, including the absent Sasuke, we have six ninja from the Leaf, three from the Sand, and one from the Sound. Sarutobi nodded his head, pulling the pipe out from his mouth. "And now, I will begin the explanations of the final rounds." He called out to us, Naruto crossed his arms, well, it's about time. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The preliminaries are done." Kabuto said with his head down, on one knee. Orochimaru leaned against a beam, his arms crossed. "Both of them are moving onto the final rounds." Kabuto said with a nod. Orochimaru looked out at the garden, hiding in the shade of the building. 
"While all these countries are busy racing to expand their military might, the birds are still singing." Orochimaru watched a few perch on a fence. "I believe that this country of ours has been at peace for far, far too long." Orochimaru said with a grin, Kabuto rose to his feet. "Then let me do it." 
"Hm." Orochimaru turned his head over to Kabuto, "I don't know." He said with a small shrug, looking back out to the garden. "How much fun would it be to take out an old man like the Hokage anyway?" Kabuto took a step closer, "So that's how it is." Kabuto said with a smile, Orochimaru glanced at him, a hint of anger in his eyes. 
"What's the problem? You're not still having second thoughts on it, are you, Orochimaru?" Kabuto answered back to him, "From now on, each of the hidden villages will clash with each other, in a long and violent struggle." Kabuto tapped the side of his glasses, a large glare streaked across them, hiding his eyes. "Even the sound village won't escape that violence" Kabuto pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he turned to Orochimaru, "And it's your intention to be the trigger for all that haustilty, by using (Y/N) as a bullet. It's that correct?" 
"Hm." Orochimaru gave a small smile, "You guess very well. So well that it's a bit creepy, in fact." Orochimaru turned back to the garden, "You give me too much credit." Kabuto said, his arms going back down to his sides. "I still didn't know your plans involving Dosu, Zaku, and Kin. While gathering information on (Y/N) and Sasuke, I wanted to learn the skills of those three sound ninja. So, I clumsily confronted them and let them attack me, I learned a lot." Kabuto also looked into the garden, his eyes closed. 
"It seems that," Kabuto paused, "You don't quite trust me, Orochimaru. At least, not yet." Orochimaru crossed his arms, "Was it necessary to tell you, my right hand man about those three ninja? My silence is proof of my trust. I trusted in you to act with out that knowledge." Kabuto looked over at Orochimaru.
"For that very reason," Orochimaru paused,
"I'm planning to leave Sasuke and (Y/N) in your capable hands." Orochimaru watched the birds fly away, "Kakashi has been trying to seal the curse marks I had given, but in any event, that is not of my concern. While there is some darkness still left in their hearts we must act, and that is why I want you to abduct them." Orochimaru's tone turned serious, Kabuto looked back at him. "It's unusual for you to act so hastily, is it not?" Kabuto wondered with a small smile, "Perhaps, but there is still a little something that is troubling me." Orochimaru gave a small shrug, "Is it Naruto Uzumaki?" Kabuto asked, Orochimaru's smile widened.
You're quite sharp, aren't you, Kabuto? 
"Sasuke is driven be revenge, he's burning to bring down his older brother Itachi for what he did to their family. (Y/N) is searching for knowledge, only fed scraps of the truth. When they know it, undoubtedly will they follow the same path I am." Orochimaru pulled out a bright orange card, "According to your information, contact with that nine-tailed kid has altered (Y/N)'s heart and mind,  so much so that Naruto holds a certain influence over them. The thing to do is to get (Y/N) away from him immediately." The orange card disappeared from Orochimaru's hand,

"Because then, it'll be so easy to make them mine forever." Orochimaru his lips, Kabuto said silent, his fists clenched. "Very well." He answered back, starting to walk away from Orochimaru. Orochimaru squinted his eyes down at him, "Kabuto, wait." He called out, Kabuto stopped dead in his tracks.
"You know, if it's your desire to stop me," Orochimaru began, Kabuto's eyes widened slightly, a bead of sweat running down the side of his face. 
"I'm afraid your only chance is to kill (Y/N) and Sasuke now." 

Kabuto's jaw tightened, his hands shaking slightly. 
"You can't possibly hope to kill me, even if you did have the courage, it's worthless. You're no stronger than Kakashi."

Silence broke between them, a breeze picking up, it ruffled the nearby tree, sending leaves falling to the ground. Kabuto stayed silent.
"Heh." Orochimaru chuckled, "I'm just kidding you. You better run along now. Don't forget, I'm trusting you, Kabuto"

Kabuto left with out a word, Orochimaru watched him. That face, I wonder what's going on in his head. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In the final rounds, each of you will put your battle skills on display. You'll demonstrate the power and control that you have achieved in your respective disciplines." Sarutobi paused, "Accordingly, the final battles will commence one month from now." He said with a nod.
"Wait, we're not going to do it right here and now?" Naruto asked, the Hokage shook his head. "This is to provide a suitable period of preparation." Sarutobi gave a nod, "What do you mean by that?" Neji asked, "Simply this. In addition to announcing the conclusion of the preliminary matches to each countries leaders, we must also have some time to prepare and distribute the summons for the final selection. Not to mention that the due examinees are going to need time to prepare for something that is this important." He explained with a small smile, tapping the end of his pipe. 
This old man sure likes to beat around the bush, Kankuro thought with a sigh. "Look, I don't really get what you're trying to say. What's the point of this?" Kankuro asked, his arms crossed. "I mean that to know your adversaries, and prepare yourselves, you'll need time. Even though, up to this point, all the battles have been real battles, as I'm sure you can all attest, they were conducted on the premise that you were fighting an unknown enemy. But that is no longer the case, now that you have battled each other."
Yeah, seriously. Shikamaru carefully looked over at Gaara, I wouldn't of dreamed that this guy can turn sand into a weapon. 
"
So, in order to make the finals fair and just, we are giving you this month. Each of you must embrace the opportunity to practise hard and learn some new tricks. Because, by now, everyone in here has gotten a taste of your techniques. So, using your old attired tricks is a sure way to lose in the finals. And remember to get some rest as well."
I crossed my arms. This isn't some vacation, I won't have any time to relax. I've got to train harder than ever. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hollow beeping of the electrocardiogram filled the room, Kabuto walked over the bodies of fallen Anbu, towards Sasuke. Sasuke was on the bed, a mask on his face he slowly breathed into, Kabuto stood over him. "Hm. I suppose brilliance can sometimes have its disadvantages." Kabuto whispered, looking down at Sasuke. "We've failed to avoid Orochimaru's watchful eye, and it's most unfortunate for both of us." Kabuto shook his head. I can't let (Y/N) wrapped up in Orochimaru's plans, Kabuto let out a small sigh. He' so young, but the seeds of evil have already taken root, waiting to be exploited. He'll be ripe for Orochimaru's special jutsu. You wouldn't let (Y/N) go, would you Orochimaru. You want to play them into your plan, and eventually, use them as well. I can't let that happen.

"Kabuto....." Orochimaru whispered, watching him from the rooftops of a near by building, peering into the hospitals window. "Most interesting. Perhaps Kabuto really is going to kill Sasuke after all." Orochimaru tapped his chin.

Kabuto held a scalpel in his hand, listening to the monitor beep, he edged it closer to Sasuke's neck. A small frown on Kabuto's lips as he moved his hand down, in a flash, the scalpel was gone.
"Well, well." Kabuto called out, Kakashi stood in the door frame, a thin wire tied around Kabuto's scalpel in his hand. "Kakashi, foiling my attack by striking from my blind spot, huh. But now," Kankuro paused, allowing Kakashi to see the destruction he's caused. "Are you ready to take me on? Next time you should station at least ten guards." Kabuto said with a small shrug, Kakashi looked down at the line of corpses. The Anbu black ops unit I assembled was defeated so easily. Kakashi looked back over at Kabuto, "You. You're not an ordinary Genin are you." Kakashi took a step closer, "You caught a whiff of me and immediately readied your weapon, quiet impressive." Kakashi called out, continuing to walk closer to Kabuto. "You overestimate me." Kabuto answered back, Kakashi tilted his head slightly. "So, what do you want with Sasuke? Finding you like this, I ought to haul you in for questioning." Kakashi said with his arms crossed. "What, just you? Heh." Kabuto chuckled, turning to Kakashi, "I wonder if you could." He said, taking a step closer to Kakashi. 
"Are you looking to take me on?" Kakashi asked, squinting his eye down at Kabuto. "I know who you are." Kakashi said with a pause, "You're the chief of the medical core's son. Your name, what was it, Kabuto Yakushi? What are you, one of Orochimaru's puppets?" Kakashi asked, a serious tone in his voice. Kabuto grinned.
"Even if you did take me into custody, you'd never be able to prove that I have any connection to him." Kabuto said with a shrug, "Just answer my question." Kakashi called out, "And if I say no?" Kabuto answered back, "I'm the one asking questions, now give me some answers."

Kabuto put a hand on his hip, "Look, you'll have your answers soon enough, even if I'm not here. You're (Y/N)'s teacher, aren't you? Disgusting." Kabuto called out, Kakashi squinted his eye at him, "I know you have eyes for (Y/N), that's sick. I hate talking to people like you, you make me want to throw up." Kabuto turned slightly to the window, "I don't even want to be in your presence, and by that look on your face, you don't want to be in mine. I think it's about time I left."

"You little brat," Kakashi rose a kunai, "You'll be sorry after I'm done with you." Kakashi called out to him, Kabuto chuckled. "Give me a break, don't be so arrogant." Kabuto answered back, holding another scalpel in his hand, "The cards are clearly in my favor here." Kabuto said, pointing the tip of the scalpel down at Sasuke's neck. 
Silence broke between them, a grin on Kabuto's face.
He moved the scalpel down closer, Kakashi didn't waste any time.

In a flash Kakashi was in front of Kabuto, Kabuto jumped back, losing his smug grin, he was about to charge towards the window, Kakashi caught ahold of his ankle. Kabuto gritted his teeth as he twisted his torso around Kakashi's arm, flinging the scalpel down towards Sasuke, Kakashi hit his arm out of the way, the scalpel was thrown across the room. Kakashi had Kabuto face down on the floor, one hand holding onto his arm, the other on the back of his neck.

One of the corpses shot up from the ground, dashing towards the rooms front exit. "I should've known." Kakashi said with a sigh, one of his shadow clones met the corpse at the door, stopping him in the door frame. Kakashi let Kabuto go, his clones circling the risen corpse. But Kakashi was wrong.

One laying by the window jumped up, flinging himself out of it, Kakashi ran towards the windowsill, shards of broken glass scattered on the floor, some falling out the window with the corpse. 
He reached up to his mask, pulling it off to reveal Kabuto's face grinning back up at Kakashi. 

Kakashi clenched his fists. "I can't believe I let him escape." Kakashi turned back to the room, the corpse from before falling back down to the ground, his clones dissapereing. 
"Impressive." Kakashi said as he knelt down to Kabuto's body, he put his fingers on his neck. "Just as I suspected. The Dead Soul Jutsu." Kakashi said as he felt no pulse coming through. "Being raised as the adopted son of the chief of the medical core is a powerful asset of his." Kakashi looked up at the broken window, "With some one as good as him working with Orochimaru, I've got to work harder. There's no way I can let some one like him stand in the way between me and (Y/N)." Kakashi whispered, standing up as he clenched his fists.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now, with all of that behind us, I'd like the begin winding things up." Sarutobi's voice echoed around the room, he called for all our attention. "But before we can bring this to an end, first there is one more important matter to take care of before the final rounds."
"Let's get on with it! I mean, come on, how long do we have to wait until we start training?" Naruto whined, I nodded my head. "Yeah. You're sure taking a long time, old man." I agreed, my arms crossed. The Hokage sighed, 
"Patience please." He look at us, "In a calm and orderly fashion, each of you will take a piece of paper out of the box that Anko is holding." He said with a nod, Anko stepped in front of us holding a bright orange box, she shook its contents around.
"Here, everyone stay where you are, I'll come to you." She said with a sigh, starting with Dosu. "Just take one." She said, Dosu rolled up his sleeve, digging into the box. She moved onto Naruto, Naruto closed his eyes as he picked up the first piece he found. She moved onto me. I shot my hand in, swishing around the papers, I took the one all the way at the bottom. I opened the paper up, a large number one stared back at me.
"Hm?" I tilted my head. Anko continued down the line.

"Good, now everyone has one." Ibiki called out, snatching Hayate's clipboard from him, "Hey......" Hayate mumbled, watching Ibiki walk past with his clipboard, "Yugao gave me that, make sure to give it back." Hayate said to Ibiki, Ibiki gave him a nod, waving him off.
Clearing his throat, Ibiki looked up at us. "Going from left to right, tell me the number that is on your slip of paper.
Dosu looked up at him, "I've got seven." Dosu called out, Naruto sighed, "Number ten, of course." Naruto said, shaking his head. "Number one." I said with a small smile. "Three." Temari answered, "Eight." Kankuro said, crossing his arms. "Five." Gaara breathed out, "Four." Shikamaru said with a nod, "Two." Neji called out, looking at me over his shoulder, "Nine." Shino called out, glaring at Neji. 
"Then that means Sasuke will be number six." Ibiki said with a nod, writing it all down onto a blank sheet of paper. "Right. Very good. Now I'm going to tell you how the final selection tournament is going to work." Sarutobi said with a nod, "Huh?" Naruto tilted his head, "Is that what the numbers are for, drawing lots?" Shikamaru asked, crossing his arms. "Ibiki, you may reveal the pairings." The Hokage turned to him, "Yes, sir." He answered back, flipping the clipboard towards us.

I'll be waiting for ever, Dosu thought with a small sigh. Temari squinted her eyes at the paper, is that all the final rounds are? A tournament? Shikamaru sighed, putting his hands in his pockets, I have to fight a girl? What a drag. Kankuro crossed his arms, man, I'm glad I'm not in the same half of the draw as Gaara. Gaara looked at the paper, Sasuke Uchiha.....
(Y/N)......Neji thought with a frown, a sharp shadow covering his eyes. I've got Neji Hyuga right off the bat? I turned my head down the line, looking at him. This couldn't be any better. 

Sakura held onto the railing tightly, Sasuke has to fight......him? Sakura gulped, looking down at Gaara. Shikamaru rose his hand, "May I ask a question?" He asked, "You may." Sarutobi said with a nod, "Alright, if this is a tournament, does that mean there is only going to be one winner?" Shikamaru asked, pointing one finger up. "I mean, only one of us is going to be able to become a chunin?" Shikamaru tilted his head, "Actually, it's quite the contrary. There are going to be several judges for the final round, including my self, the shinobi leaders, and the Kazekage. And of course all the lords from the various countries, they will ultimately be assigning your missions to you. Through this tournament, these judges will be able to make a thorough evaluation of your abilities, they will then decide whether any or all of you possess the qualities required of a chunin. Even if some one loses the first round, they could still become a chunin."

"So, there's actually a chance that every one of us could become a chunin?" Temari asked, "Correct, but conversely, there's also a chance that none of you will be chosen. The advantage in fighting more rounds in the tournament is in getting more chances to display your talents in front of the judges who will decide your fate. Does that answer your question, Shikamaru?" Sarutobi explained, turning back to him.
This is about the biggest pain ever, Shikamaru thought with a sigh. 

"I thank you all for your patience, now, let us adjourn until next month."

In the second round it could be the girl from the Wind, I thought with a small frown, looking over at Temari, or even Shikamaru. I turned over to him, but if I move forward then I might have to challenge Sasuke, or.......Gaara. I turned my head over to him, he took Lee down, if I had to fight him, I don't know if I'd be able to win. 
"Hm." Gaara shifted slightly, he caught me staring. "Eh....." I pretended to cough into my arm, turning my gaze away from him. He watched me, the same plain expression on his face as he stared at me in return. 
"Ah, man." Naruto called out next to me, "Huh?" I looked over to him. "I need to ask Kakashi-sensei for help." Naruto thought out loud, turning on his heel, he ran towards the arena's front doors. "Hey! Naruto! Wait up!" I shouted, running after him. Sakura jumped, Kakashi-sensei told me not to lose sigh of them! She gasped, running down the stairs. "(Y/N)! Naruto!" She shouted after us, trailing behind. Gaara turned around, watching my leaven, Kankuro looked over at him, Temari crossed her arms. 
Shikamaru let out a long sigh, starting to walk towards the door. In a small cloud of sand, Gaara was gone. "Huh?" Temari's eyes widened as Gaara disappeared, "Where....." Temari stopped, looking over at Kankuro. They nodded as they ran out the door. Dosu shook his head as he headed to the exit as well, following behind Temari and Kankuro. Shino decided it was about time to leave, walking back towards the door. Neji kept his head down, slowly turning, he exited lost in his thoughts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto burst through the hospitals doors, skidding on his heel, he turned towards the receptionists. "Hey! Where's Sasuke's room?" He asked, putting his palms on the desk. The receptionist shook her head, "Sorry, no visitors allowed." She said with a smile, "What?! No visitors?! Are you kidding me?!" Naruto shouted back, "Those are the rules."She said with a shrug, "Gah! Come on lady!" "Naruto." Kakashi called out, walking down the hall. "This is a hospital, keep it down." Kakashi said with a sigh, "Huh? Oh! Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto shouted, running towards him. Kakashi sighed. "Boy am I glad to see you! I've got to ask you a favor!" Naruto said with a smile, extending his arms out.
"Stop right there, I already know what you're going to ask." Kakashi put his hands in his pockets. 
"Naruto!" I shouted after him, gasping for breath. "Jee, do you have to run so quickly?" I sighed, looking over at him. "(Y/N), good timing." Kakashi said with a nod, "I was just about to tell Naruto that I've found some one who will oversee you and Naruto's training for the final rounds." Kakashi said with a nod, Naruto gave him a big frown. 
"Hold on! Why can't you train me, sensei?" Naruto shouted up at him, "I have other matters to handle. I don't have time to deal with you, Naruto." Kakashi sighed, I crossed my arms. "Naruto's right, it'd be a lot better if you could train is, Kakashi-sensei." I called out, taking a step closer to him. Kakashi smiled, "I would love to help you train (Y/N), but there are a lot more important things that I have to do." Kakashi explained, patting me on the head. I crossed my arms, he's making me look like a child.
"Hey! Aha!" Naruto shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Kakashi, "You're going to train Sasuke, aren't you, Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto growled, squinting his eyes up at him. "What? But Sasuke's so lame, you should train us, Kakashi-sensei!" I said with a smile, Naruto nodded, "Yeah, we're way better than Sasuke!" Naruto backed me up, Kakashi let out a long exasperated sigh. 
"Now, now, don't complain." Kakashi shook his head, "I've found you two an even better teacher than me." Kakashi said with a nod, "Well? Who is it?" Naruto asked impatiently, I turned around as I felt someone new walk into the room. 
"Hm?" I tilted my head.

"It is I." 
Naruto spun around, "Oh, Ebisu-sensei." I said, looking up at him. "You?!" Naruto shouted, pointing up at him "You closet ert!" Naruto shouted up at him, "ert?" I wondered, looking over at Naruto, he nodded his head. I laughed. 
"Such insolence." Ebisu shook his head, pushing his dark shades up the bridge of his nose. 

To be continued.....................