Chapter Fifty Six: Hospital Besieged, The Evil Hand Revealed!

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

Lee laid in his bed, I was sitting on a fold-out chair by his bedside, fixing the flowers. He moved his head, the pillow sheet crinkled slightly as he looked over at me.
"Who taught you to do that?" Lee asked, watching as I arranged the bouquet. "Oh," I mumbled, letting out a small sigh. "Well, when I was younger, I was messing around in class with Naruto." I began, smiling over at him. "Iruka-sensei got so mad, he put Naruto and me in different classes for the day. Ha." I laughed into my hand, "He sent me to the class next door. The teacher decided to bring the class outside and look at all the flowers. It was a long time ago, I can't really remember all of it, but I do remember hanging out with Sakura and Ino all day."
I nodded, finishing a few small touches, I placed my hands back into my lap. 
"Sakura and Ino. I remember their fight." Lee's voice was soft as he spoke, "They did not look that friendly with each other. They looked like they did not want to spend even one minute in each others company." Lee moved his head back, staring up at the ceiling.
"It wasn't always like that." My voice came out weak, I hung my head down, staring at my feet. Lee's eyes widened as he looked back at me. I shook my head, 
"It was in the past." I stood up, pushing back the chair. I flashed a smile down at Lee, "You should rest some," I said softly, pulling the blanket closer towards Lee's chin. "You are going?" Lee asked, I nodded. "Yeah, you need as much rest as you can get." I nodded, "You know, I heard some of the doctors talking yesterday. They said that you might be able to get outside soon!" I said cheerfully, "Finally you can get out of this stuffy hospital room." 
I walked towards the room's door, Lee followed me with his eyes. "(Y/N)." Lee called out right before I walked out the door, "What's up?" I asked, turning my head around to him.
"That nurses outfit suits you." He nodded with a smile, "Heh, you think so?" I smiled, waving as I left the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He banged his fists furiously on the door. The wood bent in with each knock, if he knocked a bit harder, he would've broken the door down. 
A crash sounded from inside the house as he continued to pound on the door, hurried steps rushing around the room, towards the front door. "Open up! Now!" Baki commanded furiously, clenching his fists.
Temari swung open the door, Kankuro by her side. Her eyes were wide as she turned to a furious Baki. 
"What's up? What's all the ruckus?" Kankuro grumbled, scratching the back of his head. Baki gritted his teeth,
"You idiots!" He seethed, his fists tightly clenched. "Didn't I tell you not to let him out of your sight for a second?!"
Kankuro and Temari looked at each other for only a second before rushing back into the house. Kankuro sped down the hall, Temari close behind as he swung open Gaara's bedroom door. There was no one in sight.
"No, no!" Temari shook her head in shock, "Gaara's gone." She gulped. "Yeah, but where?" Kankuro groaned, clenching his fists. Baki walked down the hall behind them, glaring out the window.
"This is bad. Very bad."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nnnn....." I let out a low grumble, staring down at the shogi board, scratching the back of my head. Shikamaru sat across from me with his arms crossed and a small, sly grin. 
I plopped my finger down on a piece, sliding it to another place on the board, gritting my teeth.
"You really do at this game." Shikamaru leaned on his hand, I leaned back in my seat. "Well, I don't study it religiously like you. I've got better things to do with my time." I huffed, turning my head away.
"Well, if you have such better things to do, why are you sticking around here?" Shikamaru asked, tilting his head slightly. "Shut up, pineapple head." I grumbled, Shikamaru played another piece. I leaned back in, staring down at the board.
Shikamaru looked over at the hospital bed, Naruto was unmoving.
"Man. Is he ever going to wake up?" Shikamaru wondered with a sigh, I shrugged, moving another piece. "I don't know, hopefully soon." I mumbled, resting my chin down on the table.
"Maybe the kid croaked." Shikamaru chuckled, I squinted my eyes over at him. "Well, if he's not going to wake up for the exams, I'm gonna shout that y sage's ear off. Pushing him off the cliff like that nearly gave me a heart attack." I complained, my arms crossed.
"I have no idea what you're talking about." Shikamaru turned back to the board, taking one of my pieces along with him. Shikamaru paused, his finger hovering over a piece. 
"Huh? What's the matter?" I asked, raising my brow as I looked over at him. Shikamaru turned his head to the hourglass. "The sand stopped." Shikamaru mumbled, I shifted in my chair. "What's up with that? Did they forget to wind it or something?" I asked, Shikamaru shrugged.
"It must be." Shikamaru reached out to the hourglass, shaking it as he flipped it back over. The stand stayed still, I tilted my head to the side. "Huh. How bizarre." I thought aloud, looking down at it. "Ugh. What a drag." Shikamaru sighed.

"Gnnn......" Naruto let out a small mumble, groaning as he slowly opened his eyes. "Hey, he's not dead after all." I called out, turning in my seat to face him.
"Huh?" Naruto whispered, rolling his head to the side. "(Y/N)?" Naruto groaned, "Hey, I'm here too, y'know." Shikamaru waved, Naruto looked over at him. 
"What is this? Where am I?" Naruto asked, looking around the room. "The hospital." Shikamaru answered, "You've been out like this for three days straight." Shikamaru sighed, turning back to the board, he claimed another piece.
"Three days?" Naruto whispered, pausing.
"THREE DAYS STRAIGHT?!" Naruto shouted, jumping up on top of the bed. 
"Uh, yeah. More or less." Shikamaru's eyes widened as he turned to Naruto, Naruto clenched his fists. 
"When's the final competition begin?!" Naruto cried out, "Tomorrow!" I said with a smile, "It's Thursday today!"
"WHAT?!" Naruto screamed, "ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER?! AHH!" Naruto shrieked, jumping around the bed.
"I can't be lying around like this! I've got to be getting ready!" Naruto threw things off the bed. He sent his pillow flying, crashing down into the game of shogi. Shikamaru jumped out of his seat, furious.
"And y sage!" Naruto cried out, turning to me. I stood up as well. "Where's y sage?! That old coot's supposed to be supervising my training!"
"Hey! Calm down, kid! Get a grip." Shikamaru shouted at Naruto, Naruto turned his back to us, rampaging around the room. "Where are my clothes? I've got to get dressed! Where'd they put them?! Where are my clothes?! Oh come on, where are they?!" Naruto continued to freak out, throwing things around the room.
"Oh man. This kid gives me such a headache." Shikamaru said with a sigh, "Yep. That's Naruto for you." I nodded, smiling with my hands clasped behind my back. "I liked him better when he was in a coma." Shikamaru grumbled, putting his hands on his hips.
"Would you knock it off?!" Shikamaru shouted out for the last time, Naruto paused instantly. Shikamaru sighed, sitting back in his chair. "Now, listen. You don't want to be freaking out the day before a big competition. Resting can be the best thing!"
Naruto fell back on the bed, sitting down silently with his back turned to us. "Huh?" I mumbled, tilting my head slightly. "You okay Naruto?" I asked, leaning slightly, I poked him in the shoulder. Naruto turned his head around to us, a big frown on his face.
"Yeah. I'm really starving here." Naruto sniffled as he turned his head around. "Is that all?" Shikamaru sighed, crossing his arms. "Man, stop scaring me like that." Shikamaru mumbled, looking down at the foot of the bed, he reached his hand out for the fruit basket, holding it up in front of Naruto's face. 
"I went through all the trouble getting this stuff for Choji, and then the doctors told me he couldn't have it. Such a drag." Shikamaru let out a long sigh, placing the basket down on the bed. "But at least we can eat it!" I said cheerfully with a nod. 
"Choji? You mean he's here in the hospital too?" Naruto asked, his eyes widening slightly. "Nothing to worry about." I said, shaking my head. "He ate one short rib too many! Heh!" I smiled down at Naruto, 
"Ha! I should've figured! That's just like him!" Naruto chuckled, "Well, you're lucky I'm around. I practically dragged Shikamaru to the hospital with me." I crossed my arms, leaning back in the chair.
Naruto grabbed an apple, about to bite in, but he stopped. "What now?" Shikamaru mumbled, "Heheh...."Naruto chuckled, "Let's eat in front of Choji, it'll drive him crazy!" Naruto giggled,
"Man, that's mean." Shikamaru nodded his head, "I like it." Shikamaru said as he looked down at the fruit basket. Naruto looked back over at me,
"Hey, (Y/N), I've been meaning to ask." Naruto began, pointing at me with the apple. "Why are you wearing that nurse's uniform?" Naruto asked, "Oh." I shifted slightly in my chair.
"Well, one of the nurses noticed me coming into the hospital a lot. Well, sneaking into the hospital a lot." I cleared my throat, "Since Lee is under watch so he doesn't leave his room again, the hospital only allows certain people to visit him until he gets into a better condition, which totally ." I scoffed, crossing my arms, "Anyway, the nurse said that it's really great that I kept coming to see Lee, but she said I couldn't be sneaking into the hospital anymore. So, she gave me a nurses outfit so I could blend in and visit anyone I like." I explained with a small shrug, Naruto nodded.
I stood up, stretching my arms up into the air.
"Well, speaking of Choji, I haven't stopped by to see him yet." I nodded, "And eating the fruit ourselves doesn't seem like a nice plan." I reached over the bed, snatching the basket by its handle. 
"Huh?" Naruto jumped up, "I think I can give it to Choji, I am a nurse after all." I winked, giving Naruto a small smile.
"What?!" Naruto shouted as I turned away from him, "Here." I mumbled, tossing an apple back at him.
"Shikamaru, heads up." I tossed him an apple as well before leaving the room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura stared down at the single white daffodil, her back fingers tapping against the stem. She delicately picked it up with two fingers, resting the bottom of the stem in her other hand as she looked down at it. 
Ino leaned on the desk behind her, watching Sakura look over the flowers with a small grin. Her chin rested in the palm of her hand as she gave an exasperated sigh. 
"You're wasting your time if that's for Sasuke." Ino called out, Sakura jumped slightly, her face flushed as she turned around to Ino. "Heh." Ino chuckled to herself, Sakura got up to her feet. "Ino," Sakura began, holding the flower loosely in her hand.
Ino held up her index finger, moving it side to side with a few tsks. "So, you haven't heard the news?" Ino asked smuggle, "That he hasn't come back yet?" Ino raised her brow, "Heh, heh. You're a little behind in the curve, aren't you, billboard brow?" Ino giggled,
"As a matter of fact, I was getting it for Naruto. Hmph." Sakura turned her head away, "Someone here at least cares for their team mates." Sakura said with a frown, taking a step closer to Ino. Ino squinted her eyes at Sakura,
"Oh? And what exactly do you mean by that?" Ino asked angrily, Sakura gave a small shrug. "Well," Sakura cleared , placing the flower down on the desk in front of Ino.
"The last I heard, Choji was in the hospital as well. And, Ms. Ino pig, I haven't seen you at the hospital once this entire week." Sakura huffed, Ino clenched her fists. 
"In fact, I've seen (Y/N) at the hospital more than you." Sakura raised her index finger, mocking Ino with a loud tsk. 
"Shut up!" Ino shouted, jumping up out of her seat, "I was just going until I found you prancing around the store, like you own the place." Ino leaned in, her chest pointing towards Sakura. 
"I'm going now," Ino declared, snatching a rose as she walked towards the door. "Don't weigh me down!" She shouted, storming off ahead. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura walked out into the street, holding the daffodil lightly in her arm. The hospital was close by, only a few blocks away. She made it their quickly, but not as quickly as Ino did. 
Sakura went through the hospitals front doors, she stopped midway, her eyes wide. "What the......" Sakura mumbled under her breath, looking around the deserted waiting room. The only sound being the clock ticking over head.
"Where is everybody?" Sakura wondered aloud, moving over to the receptionist's desk. A clipboard laid on it with a pencil, attached by a string. A card placed above it read aloud,
Back in twenty minutes.
Sakura raised her brow, looking over the sheet on the clip board. Ino's name was hastily scribbled on one of the lines. Sakura picked up the pencil with a sigh, looking over the sheet as she placed the flower down by her side.
"Hm." Sakura started to write her name.
It was dead silent in the waiting room, a bead of sweat ran down Sakura's forehead. She had a pit in her stomach. She started to write faster, finishing her name she moved onto writing who she was visiting. 
The air around was cold, even though it was in the middle of summer. Sakura started to shiver, holding her hand above the paper. She dropped it, spinning around on her heel, her back pressed into the edge of the desk. A bead of sweat ran down the side of her face.
But there was no one there.
She quickly snatched the flower from the desk, walking quickly down the hall towards the rooms, she wanted to leave as quick as she could.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ughhhh........" Choji grumbled, leaning back in his bed. A tray of dishes by his bed, not a single crumb left on the plate. "I'm still starving...." Choji whined, throwing his head back. 
A knock sounded from the rooms front door, "Huh?" Choji's eyes widened as he heard it, he sat up in his bed, staring at the door. It slowly creaked open, Choji squinted his eyes.
A cold breeze entered the room, a shiver running down his spine as he stared at the open door. The fruit basket pushed through the crack in the door, I followed it with a smile.
Choji's eyes lightened up. "(Y/N)! Wow, heh, you scared me there for a minute." Choji chuckled, I walked over to the side of his bed. "Yeah? I probably should've knocked louder." I nodded, putting the basket on the nightstand. Choji's eyes widened as he looked over at me.
(Y/N).......is a nurse? He thought, staring at my outfit. I cupped my hands together, "So, Choji, how have you been feeling lately? Getting any better?" I asked with a smile, Choji's face flushed. Hehehe, alright. This is my lucky day! Choji thought with a wide smile. 
"Hm? Oh, no, you look a bit red. I hope you're not catching a fever." I mumbled, taking a step closer to the bed, I lightly placed my hand on his forehead. "You feel a bit warm, here, let me go get a thermometer......huh?" As I started to turn away from the bed, Choji held my wrist, I turned to him. He looked up at me with sparkling eyes,
He lightly balanced my hand in his, the tips of his fingers on the bottom my wrist, cupping my palm, my fingers were on the top of his. His other hand hovered over the top of mine, I tilted my head slightly. 
"Um.....Choji?" I wondered out loud, squinting my eyes down at him. 
"My darling (Y/N)," Choji's voice was sickly sweet, a bead of sweat ran down the side of my face as I stared down at Choji awkwardly, "Um...." I cleared my throat, not knowing what to say. 
"Hi......Choji......." I shrugged, answering him back, "Are you feeling okay?" I squinted my eyes, tilting my head as I looked at him. "I'm better now that you're here, sweetheart." Choji grinned up at me, I blushed, looking down at the ground. "Right...." I mumbled, "I'm going to get a doctor in here, I think you're running a pretty bad fever here....." I said, trying to pull my hand out of his grasp.
"A fiery fever of love," "It's time to let go of my hand." I said sternly, pulling away from him. Choji sat up, I waved. "No, no, stay." I waved, backing up to the door. When I started to turn, my eyes widened.
Ino stood in the door way with her arms crossed and the biggest smile on her face, "Ino!" I jumped, taking a step back startled. 
"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to intrude on you two love birds." Ino waved with a sly grin, I gulped. "Ha, ha, no! You're not intruding! In fact, I bet Choji would love to see you, isn't that right, Choji?" I asked, starting to pull Ino into the room with me, 
"(Y/N), where are you going in such a hurry?" Ino asked, putting her hand on my shoulder, I turned my head around to her. "To, uh, get a doctor! Choji's running a fever, and I......" I pointed my thumb to the door, backing up.
"I've gotta go." I called out, rushing down the hall, Ino laughed as she saw me run out of the room.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bedside table shook, the vase of flowers shaking with it. A couple of the wild flowers got knocked loose, falling to the ground, petals trailing. A wind pushed through the open window, blowing the curtains outward over head. The dreary plain white hospital walls looked a bit nicer with the sun light pouring through, but as the wind started to get stronger, the windows clasped shut, the curtain falling back flat along the wall.
Sharp shadows lined around the further parts of the room, reaching out to the divider. A small glimpse of privacy. As the table shook, the divider started to roll on it's four small wheels, pushing up against the far wall where the bedroom door stood. 
Where the bedroom door stood open.
Lee was laying still in his bed, fast asleep. An empty medicine cup knocked off from the shaking table, it rolled around on it's side. 
He stepped into the room, taking long staggering steps. He slightly leaned on the door as he walked in, holding the sides of his head. Gaara's vision was blurry as he walked in, stumbling closer to Lee's bed. Gaara gritted his teeth, a violent urge bubbling underneath his skin as he stood there, staring down at Lee with a murderous gaze.
Lee kept still, small pieces of his dark hair shifted in the small breeze that entered through the bedroom door. Lee's face was relaxed, slightly paler than usual having been kept up in the hospital room. Lee drifted off into a hazy dream, locked between sleep and awake. The medicine was keeping him there.
Gaara's breathing was harsh, a wheeze that shook his chest, trembling in a violent wave as he stood over Lee. His eyes wide with an insatiable blood lust, consuming his body whole. Blood, that is all Gaara could picture. The crimson red liquid leaking onto the pristine bed sheets. Grains of sand lining the spotted blanket, a mangled corpse of what used to be Lee. Shreds of skin, crushed bones, muscles torn, a meal of carnage soaked in gore.
It'll be a terrifying shock to everyone. 
The gourd was open, sand floated in the air, reaching out around Lee's body. Pieces falling down onto him, grains leaking across his face as the sand started to incase his body. Gaara reached his hand out, hovering over the bed as he stared down at Lee. 
Gaara's breaths were quicker, his other hand on his face, his nails digging into his skin as he stared down at Lee, at his hand. A messy clump of the white sheets and the brown sand was all Gaara's eyes could see as he started to loose focus. Biting down on the inside of his mouth, he moved his hand, about to clench it into a fist, end it all with one life cutting move.
But he stopped. 
Frozen in time, Gaara's eyes widened, staring down at his hand. His whole body shook, paralyzed as he stood over Lee. A piercing scream caught his attention, straining his eye to look to the side. In a quick flash of yellow, he was sent flying to the ground.
Shikamaru cried out, "Watch it!" Shikamaru groaned, taking a staggering step back. Naruto stood in between Shikamaru and Gaara, his fists tightly clenched. Shikamaru was out of breath, rubbing the side of his face as he looked over at Naruto. "Hey, man, go easy." Shikamaru groaned, squinting his eyes over at Naruto, Naruto turned his head around to him. "I'm using my shadow possession jutsu, so when you're bashing him, you're bashing me too. You got it?" Shikamaru groaned, Naruto gulped, rubbing the back of his head.
"Oh, uh, sorry Shikamaru." Naruto answered back with a nervous smile.
A crack stretched across Gaara's face, pieces of sand dropping to the floor in little piles. Gaara stood facing Shikamaru, a plain expression on his face as he stood there. Naruto stood next to Shikamaru, a bead of sweat running down the side of his face as he looked over at Gaara.
Silence broke between them, the only sounds being the wind rushing through the rooms front door and Lee's calm breaths. Naruto clenched his fists, his right hand giving a hollow throb from the punch. Naruto's electric blue eyes sparkled, staring Gaara down furiously. The sand coating Gaara's face grew over the cracks, quickly filling them in. Naruto took a step closer, Shikamaru watched him closely.
"Out with it, what were you trying to pull?!" Naruto shouted at Gaara, Gaara looked down at him, staying completely still as he mirrored Shikamaru's movements. Gaara's shoulders were slouched more than usual, his palms facing his waist as his back arched in a relaxed posture, mimicking Shikamaru's stance. 
The silence got on Naruto's nerves, he let out a loud aggravated growl, wanting to send another punch flying towards Gaara, but he stopped himself. 
"Well?! Are you gonna tell us what you were gonna do?!" Naruto asked furiously, furrowing his brow. A sharp shadow cut across Gaara's face, the curtain pushed up against the window blocked any light from coming in, and the dim hallways lights only reached the opening on the room. It was dark and cold, sending a shiver up Shikamaru's spine. It felt like the setting in a horror movie.
Gaara's expression was blank, an unmoving stare as he looked to Naruto, boredom stretched across his face.
"I was going to kill him."
Gaara's voice was monotonous, Naruto took a small step back, sweat beading his forehead even though the room was cool. Shikamaru shuffled uneasily, dragging his left foot back, Gaara followed. 
Shikamaru gritted his teeth, his hands slightly shaking. Gaara could see the fear in his eyes shinning back at him,
This guys one cool customer. Shikamaru thought with a hard gulp, Look at him. He's not even phased by my shadow possession jutsu. Shikamaru squinted his eyes down at him,
"You already beat him once in the competition, what's your problem? Wasn't that enough for you?" Shikamaru steadied himself, standing up straight. "Do you have some kind of person grudge against him or something?" Shikamaru gritted his teeth. 
"He is in my way." Gaara breathed out, his voice a raspy whisper. "It's nothing that complicated," Gaara looked over at them, "I simply want to kill him, that's all."
"You know what?! You're sick in the head!" Naruto shouted out, pointing an accusing finger down at Gaara. "Yeah. You think we're just going to stand by and let you do whatever you want? You psycho." Shikamaru scoffed, trying to ignore the goosebumps rising on his skin. This guy gives me the creeps, Shikamaru thought with a frown. There's always been something weird about him. Scary. If he decided to make a move, Shikamaru paused, looking over at Naruto, 
I'm not sure if we'll be able to stop him.
"If you don't stay out of my way, I'll have to kill you two as well." Gaara said slowly, a small glint in his eye. Naruto raised a fist in the air, "Oh, really?! Well, let's just see you try it!"
"Hey! Whoa, kid, take it easy!" Shikamaru shouted back at him, jumping at Naruto's harsh tones. A bead of sweat ran down the side of his face. Shikamaru gulped as he looked back at Gaara, the best thing to do is try to bluff our way out of this. 
Naruto growled angrily, staring Gaara down as he put his fist down. "Yeah, yeah. We watched your last match with Lee." Shikamaru said with a small scoff, "We know you're tough. But you know," Shikamaru began, looking over his shoulder at Naruto, "Naruto and I have a few little tricks up our sleeves as well." Shikamaru said confidently, sliding his hands into his pockets, Gaara's hands moved flat to his sides, his wrists bending just like Shikamaru's.
"We were holding back during the competition. There are things you haven't seen yet." Shikamaru flashed a sly grin, Naruto looked over at him. "On top of that, hey, it's two against one. So don't be a fool, okay?" Shikamaru said calmly, but his heart was still pounding in his chest. "Just take my advice and go. Quietly."
"I'll say it once more," Gaara began, "If you get in my way, I'll kill you."
Shikamaru shifted uneasily, biting the back of his tongue. Okay, plan B. Shikamaru thought with a small sigh. "Ha!" Naruto shouted out, Shikamaru's eyes widened as he turned to Naruto.
"And I'll say it again! Let's see you try it!" Naruto shouted out with a loud growl, Shikamaru gritted his teeth, moving his arm to the side. "Back off, will ya?! We don't want to go there!" Shikamaru shouted down at Naruto, Naruto clenched his fists tightly. 
"This guy fights like he's mad. Like he's some kind of demon or something." Shikamaru twisted his neck as he glared down at Naruto, Naruto's fist went down to his side as he flashed a toothy grin.
"He can act like a demon if he wants to, but you know what?" Naruto pointed his thumb at his chest, 
"I've got the real thing inside of me!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura stopped in front of the door, reaching out, she knocked on it three times. 
"Naruto? You in there?" She asked, wrapping her hand around the door handle, she opened it only a crack, peering her head in as she pushed through. She gave a long sigh as she stepped into the room,
"They told me Naruto was in here......." Sakura mumbled, her hands on her hips as she looked at the empty, messed up bed. The pillow crashed down into the shogi board, pieces were all over the floor. 
"From the mess someone made of that bed, he probably was. Heh." Sakura gave a little chuckled to her own joke, leaning on the back wall to take a small rest. "Well, I guess that means he's alright." Sakura said with a shrug, Sakura was about to turn to the door, but stopped as she heard a small noise. She looked down at the table,
The hourglass was working again. 
"Huh, Naruto must of left quicker then I thought....." Sakura thought out loud with a shrug, walking back into the hall. She stopped as she heard footsteps echoing around the corner.
"Hm?" Sakura tilted her head, standing still in the middle of the hallway. The footsteps were quick, messy. "Who's there?" She called out, her voice echoing down the corridor.
"Huh?" I tilted my head, stepping around the corner. "Oh, Sakura! It's so good to see you." I nodded with a smile, "Oh, it's you." Sakura said with a small sigh, a bead of sweat ran down the side of my face. What does she mean by that? I wondered, flashing her a nervous smile. 
"W-Well, uh, I see you've come to visit Naruto too! Heh!" I rubbed the back of my head, looking at Naruto's door half open. "Yeah, but he's no where to be seen. It's not a bit surprise, a hyperactive knuckle head like him can't stay anywhere too long." Sakura said with a small smile and a shrug, I nodded. "You could say that again." I smiled,
"Naruto and Shikamaru probably went out to see Lee," I said, tapping my chin. Sakura's eyes widened slightly, "Poor Lee, he needs all the rest he can get. But it's also good to have some new faces to see, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten sick of me visiting him everyday yet. Heh." I laughed a little, putting my hand over my mouth, Sakura squinted her eyes down at me.
"(Y/N)," Sakura began, taking a step closer to me, I tilted my head. "Yeah? What is it Sakura?" I wondered, casually crossing my arms. 
"Those wild flowers you left for Sasuke, a couple weeks back," Sakura began, he gaze shifted downward. My eyes widened, "Um, yeah, what about it?" I shot her a confused glance, "You gave the flowers to him while he was still in the hospital, right?" Sakura continued on, I nodded. 
"So, then, did you talk to him? Did he tell you where he went? Do you know where Sasuke is?" Sakura asked the questions one after another, a worried look stretched across her face. I gulped, waving my hands.
"Sakura, Sakura, it's okay, calm down." I put a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her. "Sasuke's just out training with Kakashi-sensei until the exams are up again, nothing to worry about." I nodded, Sakura gave a small sigh of relief. "We talked a little before he left......" I shifted uneasily, thinking back to the day.
"It's so good to hear that he's alright." Sakura said with a nod, I nodded back. "Yeah. You shouldn't have to worry about that creep, he can take care of himself." I said confidently, my hands on my hips. "Hm, yeah." Sakura mumbled, looking down to her side. 
Wow, Sakura really must of been worried. She didn't even try to punch me after calling Sasuke a creep. I scratched the top of my head, she must still be thinking of uncle O. 
"Hey, Sakura," I began, softly. She looked back over at me, I stared into her crisp blue eyes.
"You don't have to worry, not one bit." I nodded, she flashed me a smile, nodding back. "Thank you, (Y/N)." Sakura said with a wave as she started to walk down the other end of the hall, I waved back at her, watching her turn the corner.
"Few......" I let out a relieved sigh, 
Thank goodness that's over, I hope Sakura will be a bit mellower now. I thought, slowly walking the other way as I headed to Lee's room. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shikamaru elbowed Naruto in the arm, giving him an angry glance, Naruto didn't look at him, his attention was completely dead set on Gaara.
"Idiot. Leave this to me." Shikamaru quickly whispered, "What's the point of getting him mad?" Shikamaru called out, slowly turning his head back to Gaara. Naruto gave a low growl, his whole body trembling with anger, the silence between them is what really pissed Naruto off.
"A demon, huh." Gaara breathed out, "Well, my demon is just as real as yours is." Gaara answered back, Naruto's eyes widened.
Gaara closed his eyes, a short silence breaking between them.
"From my birth, my upbringing was not what most people would consider a happy one." Gaara began, Naruto watched him intently. "To ensure that I became the strongest of shinobi, my father has cast his ninjutsu on me, infusing my unborn self with a sand spirit. I destroyed the life of a woman who gave birth to me. I was born a monster."
Naruto was trembling as he listened to Gaara, Shikamaru stood by his side, his nerves starting to calm. A sand spirit? Shikamaru wondered, listening to Gaara.
"It's name is Shukaku, and it's the living incarnation of an old monk of the sand village who'd been sealed up in a jar of tea." 
Sweat beaded Shikamaru's forehead, running down the sides of his face. "Yeah, some kind of demonic jutsu." Shikamaru gave a small sigh, "But to use it on a baby? Before it's even born? Man, that's creepy." Shikamaru shuddered, Naruto looked over at him, and then back at Gaara, 
Is it true? Naruto wondered as he looked at Gaara, that he's got one inside of him too? Naruto gritted his teeth, his fists tightly clenched.
"Gee. What a swell guy your dad must of been. He really must of loved you a lot." Shikamaru scoffed sarcastically, relaxing his hands in his pockets.
"You speak of love." Gaara slowly breathed out, looking up at Shikamaru.
"The only ties I have to my family are the ones I want to tie around their necks." Gaara said painly, his voice as smooth as a river stone.
Shikamaru shuffled uneasily, taking a small step back, Gaara did the same. 
"Given life by the death of my mother," Gaara started, his eyes fully open, "I was brought into being and nurtured as the salvation of the sand village. I was the Kazekage child." Gaara gave a small pause, breathing slowly through his nose, grains of sand scattered around the floor beneath him, neither Shikamaru or Naruto notices.
"My father taught me the innermost secrets of the shinobi. He pampered and protected me and left me to myself. For a time, I thought that was love. And that is when everything started."
"When what started?" Shikamaru asked with a morbid curiosity, Naruto was lost in thought, staring blankly at Gaara's face. Gaara gave a long pause. "When what started? Are you going to tell us or not?" Shikamaru pressed again, Gaara kept looking down at the ground. "So go on." Naruto called out to him, his voice harsh. "What started? What was it?"
Gaara raised his head, his eyes wide as he grinned at them, Shikamaru held his breath.
"Since I became six years old, my father tried to kill me more times than I could count."
A thick silence grew between them, the atmosphere in the room was heavy, weighing down on Shikamaru and Naruto's shoulders as they tried to stand under Gaara's frightening glares. Even though the air was cold, chill to the bone, they were sweating. Nervous and anxious, afraid of what they would do if Gaara decided to attack. Naruto kept his fists clenched to his sides, squaring up his stance, he watched Gaara intently.
"Those who get to be too strong are apt to become feared." Gaara continued, breaking the silence in half. 
"The jutsu that gave me birth had unbalanced something in my mind. Even the fools in the village could see I wasn't right. My father, the Kazekage, had created me as his ultimate weapon. But I eventually became a threat to the very village I was meant to save. By the time I was six, I became a figure of terror to the villagers. To them, I was a relic of the past that they wished would disappear."
Naruto's mouth was ajar, his whole body trembling as he listened to Gaara go on, his hand laying limp by his sides as Gaara continued on. He was in shock.
"So you see, I had failed at the one purpose for which I was given life. What then was left for me in this existence? Wyhy go on living? For a long time, I couldn't answer that. To go on living for no reason is the same as being dead. But then, it was made clear to me."
"What is this guy talking about?" Shikamaru mumbled, furrowing his brow as he looked down at Gaara.
I know just what he means, exactly. Naruto thought, frozen as he looked to Gaara. He's......he's the same as me. Naruto thought, a frown spreading across his face.
I was alone too. I didn't know what I was here for, why I was alive. Until (Y/N) and Iruka-sensei came along, they saw what was in me. They gave a purpose, a reason for living. But......but this guy had no one. He had to find the answer on his own, and this is what he came up with.......c-could I have ended up like that if.........Naruto looked into Gaara's eyes, he started breathing uneasily. 
We're so different, but we're so close to being the same. N-No........I don't think I can beat this guy! Naruto gritted his teeth, walking backwards, trembling. Shikamaru's eyes widened as he saw Naruto back up, he snapped his head around to him. "Hey! Where are you going? What's wrong?" Shikamaru asked, Naruto was shaking like a baby lamb, his eyes as wide as saucers. 
As soon as Shikamaru turned away from Gaara, that's when the sand rose. Naruto shouted, as sand surrounded Gaara, kicking up in wave like motions, grains spraying around the room.
"HUH?!" Shikamaru jumped, snapping his head around. He shouldn't be able to do that! Not with my shadow possession jutsu! The sand rose into the air, high above their heads,
"Naruto!" Shikamaru shouted, looking over at him. Naruto was frozen in place, paralyzed with fear. "Hey! Wake up!" Shikamaru shouted out through gritted teeth, a sharp shadow covered Naruto's face. "Oh, man, what a drag!" Shikamaru shouted,
"Naruto!"
Shikamaru screamed as the sand came baring down.
But nothing hit. 
Shikamaru opened his eyes, his mouth wide open as he looked up. I was standing in between them.
I had kicked the sand down onto the floor, standing there facing Gaara with my fists tightly clenched as I looked up at him with a furious look.
Guy leaned on the door frame, his arms crossed as he looked into the room, a furious look in his eye. He was right behind me when we rushed into the room.
Gaara was still, staring at me with a mellow look, a look I couldn't place on his face. I raised a fist to him,
"What do you think you're doing in here?" I asked angrily, gritting my teeth. "If you came for a fight, I'll----!" Guy put his hand on my shoulder, "That's enough, all of you." Guy said, looking around the room.|
"Save it till tomorrow. That's when the final competition begins. You're just wasting it today, is that what you want?" Guy's voice boomed around the room, my eyes were glued onto Gaara. He tilted his head slightly, a small smile on his lips. I wanted to punch it off.
Gaara his left foot, walking towards the front door. He passed me and Guy, my eyes followed him around the room. I could feel Guy's grip become tighter, he could tell I wanted to chase after him. 
Gaara stopped in the middle of the doorframe, looking back at us all one last time before he left. 
Kale's eyes flashed a crimson red.