Chapter Twenty Five: The Chunin Exam Stage Two, The Forest of Death!

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"Eeee..." I gulped, standing next to Naruto. Thin metal barred gates stood in front of us, shielding us from the lush forest with in. It was buzzing with life, a large Do Not Enter sign held the gates together, Sasuke walked over to my other side, Sakura joined us soon after. "There's something really creepy about this place..." Sakura gulped, clasping her hands together. "It should, it's not called the forest of death for nothing. You'll soon find out why." Anko grinned, "Hmph!" Naruto turned his head away, putting his hands on his hips as he stuck his out. "'The forest of death, you'll soon find out why.'" Naruto mocked her with a grin, "That kind of threat won't work on me one bit! I can handle anything!" Naruto shouted, pointing at Anko. "So, looks like we've got our selves a tough guy." Anko smiled, tilting her head over to the side. In a flash, a kunai flew over at Naruto, my eyes widened as I turned over to him, Anko was behind him in a second, Naruto was frozen.

"You tough enough to handle this? You're not afraid, are you?" Anko asked, a long cut marked Naruto's cheek, blood dripping down the side of his face. I clenched my fists, about to stomp my way over to her, Sasuke put his hand on my shoulder, holding me back. "Huh?" Naruto breathed out in shock, she grabbed onto the side of his face. "Tough guys like you-!" She pulled a kunai out of her sleeve in a flash, I jumped, her arm stayed mid way. A thin woman stood behind her, his tongue rolled out over her shoulder, it held onto her kunai. She tipped her hat. "I was just returning your knife." She hissed. "Why thank you, grass ninja." Anko smiled, "But...y'know. I really don't recommend standing close behind me if you don't wish to meet your premature end." Anko took her kunai back, the grass ninja's tongue rolled back in . "Beg my pardon, but when the blade went slicing through my hair, hm, I'm just afraid I became a little excited. I meant you no harm." She turned away from Anko, "(Y-Y/N)..." Hinata whispered, taking a step closer to me, I looked over at her. "My apologize." She stepped away, "Likewise." Anko nodded, watching her walk away.

I thought that forest was creepy, but these guys are even creepier! Sakura shivered, stepping out of the grass ninja's way. Naruto held onto his cut. Hey, I wonder if I could do that with my tongue. Naruto thought, sticking his tongue out, desperately trying to make it stretch. "Seems like every one here today is quick tempered, there must be something in the air." Anko grinned, "This is gonna be fun." Quick tempered? Sheesh! You're the one who threw the kunai at me! Naruto pouted, looking up at her. Anko stepped away from him.

"Now, before we begin this test, I've got something to hand out to you all." Anko explained, pulling a large stack of paper out of her trench coat. "It's just a standard consent form." She nodded, Naruto stood back at my side, his arms crossed. "Before the test, all of you are going to have to read over this form." Anko patted the papers. "And the sign it, of course." She nodded. "What for?" I asked, taking a step forward. "Some of you may not come back from this test, and I have to get your consent to that risk. Other wise it would be my responsibility!" Anko chuckled, putting her hand on her hip. Whispered erupted from the crowd, but I still couldn't shake off the feeling I was being watched. I looked around the crowd.

"Now, I'll explain what you'll be doing on this test. Here, pass these out." She nodded at me, "Fine." I huffed, taking the papers from her hand, turning back to the crowd. "The first thing you need to know is that this test will test every one of your survival skills." Anko nodded, I took a paper from the stack, passing it to Naruto, I followed through the crowd. Survival? What a drag. Shikamaru yawned, passing the paper stack on. "First," Anko called out, unrolling a map in her hand. "I'll give you all a description of the terrain on the practice field." She nodded to the crowd.

"The forty fourth training battle zone has forty four locked entrance gates, there are rivers and a forest inside. In the center is a locked tower, located ten kilometers from each gate. It's in this confined area that you'll undergo the survival test." Anko explained, I looked up into the forest with awe. "The test consists of," Anko called out, rolling the scroll back up in her hand. "An anything goes battle, to get your hands on," She dug around in her trench coat, puling out two different scrolls. "These scrolls!" She grinned, "Both of them?" Naruto asked, "Yes, both of them." She rolled her eyes. Anko showed the crowds the scrolls, one black one white, she held them in both hands. "You'll be fighting to get both. A heaven scroll and an earth scroll." I tilted my head, looking over at the scrolls, I wonder what's inside of them.

"Altogether, twenty six teams will be taking part in this test. So, half of those teams will be going after the heaven scroll. And the other half will be trying to get the earth scroll. I'll hand over one kind of scroll to each team, and that what you will be fighting for." Anko nodded, juggling the scrolls around in her hands. "Okay...so how do we pass the test?" Sasuke asked, his voice boomed behind me. "Your entire squad must bring both, a heaven scroll and an earth scroll to the tower." She grinned. "But that means, at the very best, half of us will fail." Sakura looked over at Anko with a worried face. "No one ever said it was gonna be easy...oh, and one more thing. The test has a time limit. You must finish it with in five days." She nodded, putting the scrolls back in her trench coat. "Five days?!" Ino screamed, "What are we supposed to do about food?!" Choji stomped, looking over at her with wide eyes. "Just look around. The forest is full of plenty of things to eat. There's plenty to feed all of you." She smiled, putting her hands on her hips. "Yeah, but that's not all the forest is hiding. There are plenty of man eating beasts and poisonous plants there." Kabuto explained with a sigh, his old back up glasses covering his eyes. "Oh maaaaan..." Choji sighed, slumping his shoulders. "Quiet down! This is why they call is survival, y'know!" Ino scoffed, her hands on her hips.

"That means, with theses circumstances, there's no way half of the teams will past the test." Neji scanned through the forest, "With the days getting longer, the nights are getting shorter. So we will have less time to sleep and less time to recover. It will be challenging indeed!" Lee smiled, his teeth shinning. "Completely surrounded by enemies, there wouldn't be time to rest, we've got to keep a constant watch." Sasuke glared into the forest, he strongly grabbed onto my shoulder. "Right, this test also measures endurance behind enemy lines. This is designed to be a grueling test, and I'm sure some of you wont be up to the challenge." She explained, her hands on her hips as she looked into the crowd. Shikamaru raised his hand, "So...um, let's say we're in the middle of the exam, can we quit?" Shikamaru asked, his other hand on his hip. "Of course not, when you're in the middle of a battle you cant just say 'sorry, I quit.'. Well, I guess you could but it's probably gonna get you killed." Anko laughed, "Well...just great. This is going to be a drag..." Shikamaru crossed his arms, Choji was on his fourth bag of chips.

"There are also some other ways you can get disqualified." Anko explained, holding up her index finger. "The first is simple. If all the members on a team can't make it to the tower with both scrolls after five days. Number two," She added another finger. "If the team looses a member, or if a member becomes incapacitated and cannot continue. But, the most importantly, none of you, absolutely none of you, can look at the contents of the scrolls until you've reached the tower." Anko said sternly, "What happens if we do look at it?" I asked, "Yeah, what if it just happens to flap open and you read it." Naruto nodded, "Let me put it to you this way." Anko pointed at us, "You. Don't. Want. To. Know." She grinned, "Huh?" Naruto tilted his head.

"There are times when a ninja will be asked to carry secret documents, the scrolls rule is to test your integrity. Okay? We're done. Each team, take your consent forms and exchange them over there for your scrolls." Anko pointed at a make shift hut she and a few other jonin set up, "After that, each team will pick a gate, and you'll be led inside." Anko sighed, her shoulders slumped. "Oh, and I have a word of advice. Don't die!" She gritted her teeth, sternly putting her hands on her hips.

Kotetsu dragged a large curtain around the hut, he looked completely board. Sasuke was sitting down behind a rock, watching. I see, so they won't let you know which team has which scroll, and you won't know which of the team members is carrying the scroll. So information really will be a matter of life or death, it's just like what Ibiki said. Sasuke sighed, looking back over the consent form. "Hey, what ya doin?" I asked, sliding down from the top of the rock. "Reading." He looked up at me, I was slowly skidding down. Hushed whispers filled the air, Sasuke and I looked around at the different teams. Everyone is an enemy. Sasuke scanned through the crowd. "Hm." Anko looked over at the two of us, Naruto was creeping over. It looks like their starting to understand what's really involved in this test. She smiled, looking over at us. "The forest looks pretty cool though, right?" I looked down at Sasuke from the rock, Kale was starting to move around, "Yeah! I think it's pretty cool!" Naruto called out, sliding out of no where. It's super creepy! I don't see one cool thing about it. Naruto smiled nervously. "Hey," Naruto called out, "What?" I asked, he pointed to my neck. "What's your snake up to?" He asked, watching Kale wiggle around, I sat up straight. "Oh, Kale's been sleeping a bunch, so now he's super energized! I bet he's gonna fight this time, but we'll have to wait and see." I smiled down at Naruto, he raised his brow. "Your snake can fight?" He scratched the top of his head, I nodded my head. "Yep! He's super good at it, too." I grinned, proud of Kale.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the little future failure." I heard Ino call out from a distance, I looked over to my side. Ino stepped out in front of Sakura, I sighed. "Huh?" Sakura looked up from the form, "What's up, billboard brow? I thought you would've washed out of the program by now. You're big forehead alone should've gotten you tossed." Ino smirked, her hands on her hips. "So sad, you're jealous that I'm spending five days with Sasuke." Sakura smiled, looking away. "And it's clearly turning you into some one very petty and ugly. And you were already ugly!" Sakura crackled, glaring at Ino. "Ugly!" Sakura shouted, "You are! Billboard brow!" "Ugly!" "Big forehead!" "Ugly!" "Billboard forehead!" "Ugly!" Shikamaru and Choji back off, taking a couple steps back. "Enough! Give it up, Sakura! You're not welcome, you're too weak to pass this test!" Ino shouted, stomping her foot on the grass. "Yeah, right! You're the one who's going down!" Sakura shouted back, they stared at each other for a second before turning away. "Hmph!" Ino stomped off, Sakura went in the other direction.
"I'm glad they didn't turn on us. Why are they like that too each other?" Choji asked, turning to Shikamaru. "Who cares? I don't have time to think about that stuff." Shikamaru looked away.

I walked away from the boulder, Kale is starting to get a bit too agitated, I have to get him to cool down. I gulped, holding him in my hand. I don't understand why he's acting this way, even when he's funny rested, he doesn't get this riled up. It must of been something he saw...but what? Akamaru? They hang out some times, maybe Akamaru did some thing to Kale. I should ask Kiba about it later. I sighed, walking through the grass, my form in my other hand. "Hm?" I looked up, Hinata was leaning against a tree. "Hey, Hinata! What are you doing way out here?" I asked her, walking closer to her. "(Y-Y/N)! Umm...uh...I-I just...n-nothing." Hinata stuttered, her face turning red again. Well, that's Hinata. Weird as always. I smiled. "O-Oh...K-Kale, I-I have..." Hinata whispered, digging for something in her pocket. "Well, see ya later." I waved as she held out a small bottle, I didn't notice. "O-Oh..." She whispered to her self, watching me walk away. I guess I'll keep it for later then. Hinata thought, looking down at the medicine bottle.

"Alright ever one, we're gonna start handing out scrolls." Kotetsu called out to us, I started to head my way over. The four of us met up, our forms in our hands. What's even weirder than Kale acting up is this being watched feeling, I don't understand where it's coming from. I wondered, looking down at the from. Groups passed in and out of the shack, the four of us watched.

Well, I wonder how many of them will survive. Anko thought to herself, watch as the four of us went into the shack. I put my signed form down on the desk, Izumo took the papers. "Hi, again." He grinned, waving to me, I waved back, I have no clue who these guys are! I smiled nervously. He handed me a pure white scroll, the heaven scroll. I held it tightly in my hand. We are so gonna win this! Naruto grinned over at me, I smiled back.

"Listen up!" Anko called out to all of us, the four of us walked back into the crowd. "All the teams have received their scrolls, so everybody, go to your gate and wait there! When the gates open, the test is on!" She shouted with a wave.

"Yeah, we rock at survival! There's no way we could loose!" Kiba shouted, the three of them stood in front of gate sixteen. "Hinata," Kiba called out, she looked over at him. "Be strong for this." Kiba looked over at her, "Right." She stared at the gate.

"This test may cost us our lives, what a drag." Shikamaru crossed his arm, Choji rummaged through his fanny pack, looking for another chip bag. "But since we have to do it-" "Potato chips check. Strawberry layered cake, check." Choji grinned, they stood in front of gate twenty seven.

"Believe it! I dare you to bring it on! I'll just send it right back twice as hard!" Naruto shouted, flailing his fists in the air. "Woohoo! No one's gonna stand in our way when we've got Naruto on the team! And Kale's here too, we're so gonna win!" I shouted, dancing around Naruto, Sasuke crossed his arms. Cha! That's right! Well, except the bit about Naruto. Sakura smiled. Sasuke stared at gate twelve.

"Heh heh...the time has come to carry out our orders." Dosu chuckled mysteriously, Zaku peered over his shoulder at gate twenty.

So...it's finally come down to this. Don't worry, (Y/N), we'll see each other soon. Real soon. Kabuto grinned, looking at gate thirty eight.

Not only do I have to deal with those punks on the other teams, I'll be with Gaara, he might try to kill me! Kankuro shivered, looking over at him. All because of that (Y/N) kid...why did they have to be so cute? Gah, it's annoying! Kankuro clenched his fists, staring over at gate six.

"We'll target the rookies, they're easy pray." The grass ninja from before tilted her hat, listening to her team mate. "We'll get the scrolls from them in no time." She hissed, looking at gate fifteen. "Anything goes, right?" She grinned.

Guy-sensei, I will make you proud! Just watch! Soon, every one will know the name, Rock Lee! (Y/N) will never be able to resist my charms! Lee clenched his fists, his eyes burning with determination as he stared at gate forty one, Neji crossed his arms.

The sentinel in front of us unlocked the gate, excitement builded up side of me.
"ALRIGHT! Head's up you maggots, the second part of the test had begun!" Anko screamed at the top of her lungs, the four of us stepped through the gates, a wide smile on my face. I heard the metal of the gates clinking open, it run through the forest.

The three grass ninja ran in together quickly, "You know who we're looking for." She told her team mates, holding onto her hat as she ran, long black hair swishing behind her. "Yeah, those four brats." Her teammate nodded, keeping his head forward.

"He, he! Alright! Let's go, guys!" Naruto shouted, he walked into the forest, a large smile hanging off of his face. I followed close behind him, Sasuke stayed at my side, Sakura hastily stepped to Sasuke's other side, worry marked her face.

Kiba jumped down on the ground, Hinata and Shino landing next to him. "Okay, the first thing we've got to do is to find em. Are you ready, Hinata?" Kiba asked her, Akamaru wagging his tail. Hinata nodded, holding her hands up to her face. "Byakugan." Hinata whispered, her eyes sparkling a milky white, veins popping up around her eyes.

Lee swung from tree branch to tree branch, Neji and Tenten struggled to keep up with him. "Take it easy, Lee. The tests only just begun." Neji called out to him from behind. "That may be...but still." Lee smiled. "Who ever our enemies are, I want to find them before they find us!" Lee started to go faster, Neji did as well. "Hot-blooded fool." Negi whispered to himself.

"Remember, we only have one target. Stay focused." Dosu reminded his team mates, Zuku nodded behind him.

Shikamaru cautiously peeked out from behind a tree, he silently nodded, continuing to walk. Ino sighed, following, but she stopped dead in her tracks as she looked down at Choji. "Ah! Choji! What are you doing?!" Ino shouted, he teared open a new bag of potato chips. "Just having a snack. I mean, I've got to keep my strength up, don't I?" He grinned, stuffing his first handful of chips in his mouth, Ino stomped over to him. "We haven't even been out here five minutes!" Ino whined, placing her hand on her hip. "Yeah, come on, Choji. We have a job to do here." Shikamaru took a step closer, Choji turned away from them. "I can't help it! I've gotta eat! It's my favorite flavour!" Choji grinned, munching. "You and your snacks! This is a survival test, y'know? You should of brought something more useful than chips!" She shouted, Shikamaru jumped. "You guys, quick, hide!" Shikamaru whispered in a rushed tone, Ino gasped. She jumped into a bush, Shikamaru pulled Choji down with him.

Three ninja jumped down, Shikamaru watched them. Oh no! He gritted his teeth, looking down at a potato chip Choji had dropped. One of them pointed off to the other directing, they nodded. They left as quickly as they came. Ino sighed in relief. Oh, man. I gotta deal with five more days of this? Shikamaru sighed.

Hinata looked around, no signs of (Y/N)...she sighed, her eyes going back to normal. She briefly explained what she saw, which wasn't much. Kiba put his hands on his hips, starting to discuss a plan. "So, the towers where everyone's gonna be headed in the end, I say, we lay a trap there and take the scrolls off of whoever we catch." Kiba put his hands in his pockets, Akamaru growled, sniffing the air. "Well, well. We've got company." Kiba whispered with a grin.

"Heh, bunch of fools. Just standing out in the open like they want to get caught." A rain ninja chuckled quietly, "Well, it seems that they've sensed our presence, but they're all such lame ninja that they can't even pinpoint our location." His team mate said silently, jumping down on the same branch as him. "Hm? What's wrong? What's in your shirt?!" His team mate gasped, a giant leech was on his back. "GAH! What is that thing?!" He jumped, horrified as he looked up to see giant leeches raining down on them.

"Well, looks like the leeches found them." Kiba grinned, "If they your blood for more than five minutes, it's all over." Kiba shrugged. "G-Get off me!" He drastically weakened, trying his best to shove the leech off. "Hm?" He looked down, accidentally activating a trip wire, they were snatched up into a net. "Well, there's one team down." Kiba grinned, they started to shout.

"Huh?!" I jumped, turning around, Sasuke stood close to me as we heard a scream echo through the forest. "T-That sounded like some one screaming." Sakura gulped, her legs lightly shaking. A bead of sweat ran down the side of Naruto's face. Birds squaked over head. "I don't like this place any more..." I mumbled, putting my hands in my pockets. "Oh, come on! There's nothing to be scared of, it's gonna be a piece of cake!" Naruto put his hands behind his head. "Yeah!" I nodded. "Uh...excuse me. I've really got to pee." Naruto jumped to the closest bush he found, starting to his pants. "GAH!" Sakura shouted, hitting him on the top of his head. "Get out of here, ya runt! Not in front of me, ya don't! Do it in the bush or something!" She screamed, I held my mouth shut, trying to stop myself from laughing.

After a minute of waiting, Naruto came walking back, a smile on his face. "Hah, man. That was a lot, I wrote my whole name!" Naruto smiled, "Ha-!" I froze, looking at Naruto's face. "You are such a pig! You're really disgusting sometimes-!" Sakura jumped, I kicked Naruto to the ground, he landed against a tree. "Good one." Sasuke called out, quickly pulling a kunai out of his pocket. "It wasn't that bad! Don't you think you're going a little overboard?!" Sakura gasped, shaking her head. "Yeah! What the heck is that all about?!" Naruto shouted, I sent another kick towards his face, he quickly rolled out of the way. "Gah!" Naruto gasped, jumping up onto a tree branch, Sasuke was right behind me. Sasuke jumped up into the tree, punching Naruto back down on the ground. "Better watch out Sakura! I think they've gone crazy!" Naruto shouted to her. "Yeah, you wish. I just jumped before you could!" I grinned, pulling my own kunai out, gritting my teeth down at him. "Alright then! Bring it on!" Naruto shouted, holding a kunai in his left hand, he ran towards me. The blades clinked together, "You're doing a pathetic job!" I shouted at him, he jumped back, stumbling on his feet. "(Y/N)! Sasuke! What are you doing?!" Sakura called out, "Take a good look!" I shouted at her, "What?" She tilted her head. "Where's the real Naruto?!" I screamed, "What?! What do you mean?! I am the real Naruto!" He shouted back, "Then where's the cut on your cheek?" I glared at him, he gasped, Sakura's eyes widened. "I guess you didn't know Naruto got a cut on his face before this test. Besides, Naruto using his left hand, as if! He's right handed!" I shouted at him, pointing the tip of my kunai at him. "You have worse transformation skills than Sasuke!" I scoffed, Sasuke glared at me. "Tell me who you are!" I shouted at him, in a puff of smoke he turned back into his original self.

"Alright, ya got me, so what? I'm still gonna take your scroll! So, hand it over, or else!" Oboro shouted, breathing roughly through his mask. Sakura pulled out a kunai of her own. "So, which one of you has it? Is it, you, cutie?" He eyed me head to toe, I gritted my teeth, Sasuke stepped in front of me. "Alright then, I guess I'll have to take you all out!" Oboro shouted, dashing towards us, I stood my ground.