Chapter Sixty One: Hit It or Quit It! The Final Rounds Get Complicated!

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"Heh! You did it!" Sakura screamed from the stands, Ino giggled next to her as the crowd started to cheer. I blushed, putting my head down as I heard people shouting from the stands.
"Wow, that (Y/N) kid really knows how to fight," Kotetsu said, clapping.
I looked up at the stands, people were waving down to me, some people were chanting my name, others were just screaming and laughing. I gulped, scratching the back of my neck as I looked up at them. I giggled, as I waved up to them, jumping excitedly as I made my way to the exit. Genma watched me with a grin, 
Incredible. He thought, gnawing on the other end of his stick. Even after that fight, they still have the energy to run around like that. That kid has amazing stamina......Genma paused as he watched me collapse in the staircase, Naruto laughed as I fell face first, he pulled me over his shoulder. Genma chuckled, "On second thought, maybe they're human after all."
Sakura sat still in the stands, looking down at her feet. She breathed a quiet sigh, it was drowned out by the crowd's impatient shouts and screams. (Y/N) just keeps getting stronger and stronger, she thought, "Wow! They did it! They won the fight!" Sakura heard a girl say behind her, she turned her head around. "Mhm, yeah. That (L/N) kid pulverized that Hyuga." Another girl said, sitting next to her. "Still.....don't you think it's a bit scary having a Daigan wielder run around the village?" She asked her friend, her friend shook her head. "I don't think so. It makes me feel a bit safer, I think. Besides, look how cute they are!" The girl squealed, Sakura looked back down to the ground. 
I hate to admit it, (Y/N), Sakura thought, but I envy you. But.....but watching your battle has made me realize that I have to work hard too. Or I'll never get anywhere.....Sakura let out a small sigh.
"So, (Y/N) beat Neji." Shikamaru thought out loud, Shino looked over at him leaning on the railing. "I thought (Y/N) was like me, one of the dorky and uncool guys," Shikamaru said with a sigh, Shino squinted his eyes over at him. "Dorky and uncool?" Shino repeated, furrowing his brow. "I thought I'd be someone they'd look up too......someone to save (Y/N) when they're in danger. What a drag." Shikamaru sighed, Shino turned to him, "Stupid." Shino whispered, Shikamaru couldn't hear him over the crowd.
"(Y/N) was able to draw upon the Daigan's power by them self," Kurenai began, looking over to Asuma. "Yeah." Asuma said, still in shock. "Even the people from the village seem totally surprised."
Sarutobi gave a small sigh, still, it's remarkable. To be able to use the Daigan like that from only a months training. Sarutobi thought as he looked back to the Kazekage. He seemed anxious, as if he wanted to get away from the matches, like he was craving to be somewhere else. Rasa wouldn't, thought Sarutobi, he wouldn't break the peace treaty to obtain the Daigan. But even so, Sarutobi saw me and Naruto finish climbing the staircase.  I should keep a better watch on (Y/N), there have still been no signs of Orochimaru. He's planning something big, I can tell. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of medics came down into the arena carrying a stretcher, they placed they white cloth down next to Neji, he opened his eyes back up as they started to put him on the stretcher. Genma turned to him, his hands in his pockets. 
"Even a caged bird was smart enough, and will be able to figure out how to open the door to its cage with its beak." Genma began, he met Neji's eyes. Neji stayed silent, "The dream of flying and breaking free is too great to resist."
Neji looked up at the sky, a single yellow bird glided above him. "But this time....." Genma paused as the medics picked the stretcher up, "You lost."

Neji was laid down on a hospital bed, two doctors were there with him. One was checking to make sure everything was in place, the other was scribbling things down on a clipboard. The doctor took his bleeding arm and quickly cleaned it, picking the pebbles out with a tweezer before bandaging it up.
"Good news." The doctor said, putting Neji's arm back down. "No damage to your external organs. It's really interesting," The doctor tapped his chin, "Watching that fight, looking at that crater, and the damage on your back. Well, to put it simply, that fall should've broken your back. But it only slightly scraped it. It looks like the (L/N) used their chakra to soften the ground as you fell, interesting." The doctor said with a nod, turning to the other with the clipboard. "It seems that you've used up all your chakra, you should be alright after a good night rest." The doctor said with a nod.
(Y/N)......Neji thought, looking up at the white tile ceiling. "I'll show you how wrong you are, even if it's the last thing I do!" My words run in Neji's head, he closed his eyes. 
"Huh? Lord Hyuga?" One of the doctors called out, the door clicked open just as Neji opened his eyes. He shifted in the bed, uncomfortably turning his head to see the door.
"I'm sorry, but," Hiashi paused, "Could you please step out for a moment?" He asked the doctors, the one with the clipboard continued to write something down. "Well, we're not supposed too." The other doctor said, turning to him. "It won't take long." Hiashi continued, the doctor sighed. "Yes, of course." The two doctors left the Hyugas alone, closing the door behind them.
Neji gritted his teeth as he rose, pain struck his chest as he struggled to sit up. He dropped his legs off of the bed, they dangled above the ground. Hiashi stood in front of the door. Neji put his hands on his knees, keeping his head down. "What do you want with me?" Neji asked coldly, Hiashi gave a small sigh. "You know that day." Hiashi called out, Neji turned his head around to him. "Well," Hiashi paused. "I've come to tell you the truth about what happened." 
"What are you saying?" Neji asked, squinting his eyes over at his uncle. Hiashi looked down at the ground. Silence broke between them.
"That day....." Hiashi's voice broke, Neji's eyes widened. "That day I was fully prepared to die." "What?" Neji seethed, furrowing his brow. "What are you talking about?!" Neji clenched his fists, "That day, my father was forced to pose as you, and was murdered for the sake of the family!" Neji shouted, his words were sharp, he threw them at Hiashi like knives. And by the look on his face, they pierced. 
Hiashi closed his eyes as he reached into his robe, pulling out a scroll. He walked over to Neji, holding the scroll out for him to take. Neji looked down at it. 
"The truth you seek." Hiashi began, "The truth is here in this scroll." Hiashi said, Neji turned his head away. "Of course." Neji scoffed, "It's only excuses made for the convenience of the head family." Neji spat out, Hiashi placed the scroll down on the bed next to him. "The person you are now," Hiashi paused, looking down at the scroll. "Should be able to understand." 
Neji looked down at the scroll, his eyes widening. "That.....that writing...." Neji said in disbelief, quickly taking the scroll be his side. Hiashi took a step back, watching Neji unroll the scroll.
Neji quickly read the words etched into the parchment, he read quickly but delicately, not skipping a single character.
Neji, I am afraid that I only have a little time left. The scroll began, Neji instantly recognized his father's handwriting. And I want to use that limited time to tell you something. Neji squinted his eyes down at the parchment, tell me something? Neji wondered, furrowing his brow. 
The head cloud ninja from the Land of Lightning tried to abduct Hinata. But Lord Hiashi killed the would-be kidnapper. However, the Land of Lightning refused to even acknowledge the abduction attempt, and instead only made trouble about the head ninja's death. The demands for retribution were completely unreasonable. 
"It cannot be helped." Lord Hiashi said to the Hokage, his head held high. "With my one life, the entire village can be saved." Hiashi said, Sarutobi bent his head down. "Just hold on, Hiashi." His father called out, Hiashi turned to him. "Please don't be so hasty." He said, Hiashi looked down at the ground. "The Hyuga family's Kekkei Genkai is one of the most important strengths of our village. It's the sworn duty of the head family to protect it forever, no matter what." His father quickly said,  taking a step closer to him.
"Yes, but I must put aside that duty if keeping it means involving our village in a desperate war." Hiashi said with a sigh, "I understand that," His father began, taking a step closer. "But that is why......" He paused, "Huh?" Hiashi wondered, looking up at him. "Isn't that why we have branch families, after all?" His father said softly, Hiashi's eyes widened as Hizashi took a step closer. "We'll tale Hizashi's corpse and hand it over in place of yours." His father said, looking into his eyes. Hiashi was frozen solid. "Do not worry," His father began once more, "Hizashi fully understands his duty."
"B-But...." Hiashi began, clenching his fist to steady his voice. "Yes, but what they're really after is the secret that lies within the Byakugan." Hiashi said, taking a step forward. "And when Hizashi passes away," Hiashi's voice quivered at the thought, "that power will be sealed away forever." Hiashi paused, "I doubt that the Land of Lightning will consent to that." Hiashi said, looking his father in the eye. "Hm." He said, furrowing his brow. "Yes, you may be right about that. But there may be a way around it." His father took a short pause, "The Land of Lightning's demand simply says to hand over Hiashi Hyuga's dead body. If we pretend that we're agreeing to their terms, and hand over Hizashi who looks identical to you," Hizashi walked closer to them, "then they can't pursue it any further than that." "But it's not----!" Hiashi held back his tongue as he looked down. "Look, Hiashi. Don't concern yourself with this. Any of your predecessors would've done the same to protect the Hyuga clan. Even siblings must have the courage to sacrifice each other when needed." His father continued, Hiashi kept his head down. "This must be. This is the fate of the head family, it's destiny. Those born to the Hyuga clan bear the burden of ruling." Hiashi kept his fists clenched, sweat collected on his brow as he listened to his father's words, Hizashi stepped in front of him, "What's wrong, Lord Hiashi?" His brother called out to him, "You're usually so confident and determined." Hizashi said with a smile, Hiashi snapped his head up to meet his gaze. "This is far too important to act recklessly! It's not that easy----------" Hiashi's voice caught in his throat, a loud gasp as he drew a breath in before he bent down over his brother's fist, he coughed a spray of wet, it dripped to the floor. Hiashi fell to his knees, holding his stomach. Hizashi stood over him,
"H-Hizashi....." Hiashi called out, "N-No.......y-you mustn't!" Hiashi desperately reached a hand out to his brother, "Please, Hiashi," Hizashi called down to him with a softer tone, "Let me do this."

Hiashi's eyes widened. "But......b-but you have Neji....." Hiashi's voice came out in a grunt, "Why do you choose death? To save the head family? It makes no sense." Hiashi said, shaking his head. "You must understand," Hizashi called out, looking down at his brother on the floor. Hiashi looked up to him, their eyes met.
"For a long time, I have resented the head family. To tell the truth, even now, I am bitter." Hizashi said, furrowing his brow. "I'm not doing this because you're a part of the head family. I want to die protecting you because you are my brother, Hiashi." Hizashi's voice was soft but with a cutting edge as he looked down at his brother, "It's the first time I've felt free enough to choose my own path, the first time I've truly had freedom." Hizashi explained as he closed his eyes, "I've always only shown Neji my ugly side. But this time, it's different. This time, I've finally come here to act in the way that I believe it best." Hizashi turned away from his brother, walking towards the exit of the room. He stood in front of the door, looking back to his brother, "I ask you, please give Neji a message for me." Hizashi smiled though a pain struck his heart,
"Tell him that I wasn't killed to protect the head family, but rather to protect my sibling, family, and village. And by my own free will, I chose death and I chose freedom." Hizashi move to the door once more, Hiashi moved up, pain stinging his chest. 
"You....." Hiashi shouted, "You think that choosing death is the same as choosing to be free?!" Hiashi cried out, Hizashi paused. "Don't you see, brother?" Hizashi answered back, "I have become free." Hizashi opened the front door without a second look back,
"Goodbye." Was the last thing he said.
Forge your own destiny, Neji. Your fate is something you create with your own hands. 

"Father......." Neji whispered down to the scroll as he sat on the edge of the bed, silently shaking. Neji's eyes widened as he looked down.
Hiashi was on his knees, his head down to the floor as he bowed to Neji. Neji jumped, the scroll crinkling in his hands as he saw Hiashi down on his knees. 
"This is the truth......" Hiashi said, his voice slightly muffled by the floor. "I'm sorry." Hiashi whispered, Neji looked down. 
"Please, Lord Hiashi. Don't bow to me."
Neji closed his eyes as he felt tears slipping from them, the warm drops rolled down his face. But a smile was still on his lips as he thought silently to himself.
Father, Neji called to him, I can't be sure if a person's destiny is like a cloud, floating on a fixed current that it can't escape. Or if people are able to ride on whatever breeze they choose. I don't know. I don't completely understand it yet. And maybe the destination is the same, no matter what you choose. 
Just when you choose one course, along comes someone who picked a different path, one that's devoted to living life to it's fullest. There's real strength to be found in that love of life. I finally understand that because of this latest battle. Now, father, I have only one goal. 
To become stronger so I won't lose to anyone again. That's what I feel my goal is now. 
Neji turned his head around, looking out to the window by the hospital bed.  Father, I wish you could see these birds flying. They're finding their freedom too. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crowd never died down. But their shouts and screams changed from cheering to aggravated. They were shouting for the next match, people chanting and stomping their feet against the stands, others were clapping to a tune. Rasa let out a low chuckle, 
"This crowd is certainly energized," Rasa began, Sarutobi looked over to him. "That's because it was a terrific fight," Sarutobi said with a nod. "Yes, it certainly was," Rasa said, tapping his finger against the side of his chair. "But," Rasa began, "Hm?" Sarutobi squinted his eyes over to him, "It's also anticipation." Rasa said plainly, Sarutobi gave a long sigh. "It's likely that the shinobi leaders, feudal lords, and other spectators are looking forward to this match. You remember how the crowd got when they were waiting for the (L/N). Now they're waiting for the Uchiha, too. You and I both know they're the only reasons so many people showed up." Rasa said with a small shrug, "By the way, the Uchiha wasn't at the opening ceremony. He has arrived already, hasn't he?" Rasa asked, Sarutobi grumbled as he turned his head to Raido. 
Raido bent down to him, cupping the side of his face as he talked. 
"There's been no news of Sasuke yet," Raido whispered, "And there's the issue of Orochimaru. Please, before everyone starts making trouble, disqualify Sasuke."

"Hey! What's going on here?! Hurry up and start the next match!" I heard an angry man shout, others going along with him, I let out a loud sigh.
"I wonder what's going on." Ino said with a sigh, "The next match. Sasuke should be here by now." Ino frowned as she looked down, Sakura kept silent. Sasuke. She thought, looking down at the ground. 
Shikamaru groaned, I looked over at him to my side. Naruto was too my left and Shino leaned on the railing next to Shikamaru. "That Sasuke," Shikamaru began, "What in the world does he think he's doing?" Shikamaru grumbled, I leaned back on the railing. "Forfeiting?" Shikamaru scoffed, "A wise man never courts danger," Shino began, his voice a sharp whisper. "Leading to a wise decision," Shino said, looking down. "Nicely said." I nodded, Shino looked over at me. 
Naruto sighed as he looked around the platform, eyeing Gaara in the corner. 
"Huh, what are you talking about?" Naruto called out, Shikamaru turned his head over to Naruto. "He's definitely gonna be here, believe it!" Naruto shouted over the crowd, "Yeah! That jerk promised me." I agreed with a nod, holding a fist up in the air, the same one I'd use to punch him if he didn't show up.  Naruto went back to staring at Gaara, Gaara caught onto his stare. Their eyes locked in a chilling glance.
"What ya staring at?" I asked, slapping Naruto on the back. He jumped slightly, Gaara's gaze rose to me, his glance calming almost instantly. "But seriously," I sighed, "What is he doing? If he doesn't get here soon, he'll be disqualified."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have no choice." Sarutobi said with a sigh, Raido looking at him. "Sasuke is disqualified." 
"Right." Raido nodded, Rasa turned in his chair. "Sasuke Uchiha is disqualified?" Rasa's eyes widened, "Yes. I'm afraid that this has to be done." Sarutobi said with a nod.

Kankuro gritted his teeth as he looked over at Temari, "What are we gonna do now?" Kankuro whispered angrily, Temari put her hands on her shoulders. "If he doesn't show up, our strategy is ruined." Kankuro clenched his fists, "This is really bad!" Temari whispered back, Gaara was focused on me across the room.

"Lord Hokage," Rasa called to him, "I ask you to consider waiting a little longer before disqualifying Sasuke Uchiha." Rasa said, Sarutobi turned to him suspiciously. "I understand your point." Raido began, taking a step closer. "But no matter how excellent a shinobi he may be, he's late. And we can't make special allowances. If there's no clear reason to make all the shinobi leaders and feudal lords wait, then there's no reason not to disqualify him immediately." Raido quickly explained, trying his best to talk over the crowd roaring below. 
"I see." Rasa said, turning his head away from Raido. "Then it's good I do have a clear reason," Rasa began, "Including myself, most of the shinobi leaders and feudal lords here came simply to see the (L/N) and Uchiha's matches." Rasa held onto his armrest tightly, "Yes, but still---" "They're the only members left of their clans. And I know that the Land of Wind especially is hoping for a bout between Sasuke and our Gaara." Rasa cut Raido off, quickly explaining the circumstances before them. Sarutobi turned his head down, Raido bent down to him. "Lord Hokage," Raido called out to him.
There's no guarantee that Sasuke will come....but....Sarutobi thought, rubbing his chin. 
"Very well, then." Sarutobi called out, Rasa relaxed a bit. "We will make an exception. We shall postpone this match and wait." Sarutobi said with a sigh, Rasa nodded. "But Lord Hokage, I must protest!" Raido called out to him once more, "Inform the proctor right away." Sarutobi commanded, Raido let out a small sigh, standing back up straight.
"Yes, sir." Raido said, rushing away.
Sarutobi turned to Rasa once again, his suspicion of him growing stronger. "However," Sarutobi called out, Rasa turned his head to him. "It's unusual for you to insist so strongly on something, Lord Kazekage," Sarutobi said questioningly. "To display the full strength of our villages ninja, no opponent but an Uchiha would do." Rasa answered back calmly, "This is a big chance for Sasuke, yes, but a big opportunity for us as well." 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I understand." Genma nodded, Raido let out a loud sigh. "It's just crazy, isn't it?" Raido groaned, Genma nodded again. "Yeah, I know." Genma sighed as Raido left the arena.
Genma turned to the crowd. "Listen everyone!" Genma called up to the stands, "One of the competitors from the next battle has not arrived yet, so we're going to postpone this match briefly and simply jump ahead to the next battle." Genma's voice echoed around the stadium, angry shouts and disappointed cries followed.

Asuma scratched his head, "Just what in the world could Sasuke be doing, anyway?" Asuma wondered with a sigh. Ino gasped, "So cool!" She squealed, "That means Sasuke is still in this!" Ino gasped, clapping her hands together. 
"Well, that's good." I said quietly, "Hey!" Shikamaru gulped, "That means my battles one match closer now! What a drag!" Shikamaru mumbled, scratching his head. 
"Now, onto the next battle. Shino and Kankuro, come down!" Genma called out to them, Kankuro gulped. My match doesn't matter at all now. Kankuro thought with a sigh, Shino put his hand on the railing. Besides, I don't want to reveal the mechanism of my trained crow puppet to the enemy before our plan comes into fruition. Kankuro looked over to Temari, she nodded to him.
"Proctor!" Kankuro shouted down to Genma from the platform, "I withdraw." Kankuro said, my eyes widened as I looked over at Kankuro. "What?" I hissed. 
"I withdraw, so please, advance to the next match." 
The crowd erupted in another wave of jeers. Genma let out a loud irritated grumble, he tapped his foot on the ground.
"Due to Kankuro's withdraw, Shino Aburame wins by default." Genma announced to the crowd, 
Temari clicked her tongue.
She threw her hand down, it folded open with a gust of wind. She quickly floated down, landing in front of Genma, the crowd quickly changed. Genma raised his brow, "And you are?" He asked, Temari held onto her fan with one hand, her other on her hip. "It's my turn, right?" Temari called out with a grin, I leaned over the railing as I watched her, she smiled at my stare. 
"Well, you're an eager one, aren't you?" Genma said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Fine. Let's start the next match then." Genma called out, "Hey! You up there." Genma shouted up to the platform, staring at Shikamaru. Shikamaru gulped, taking a step back from the railing. "Oh, come on!" Shikamaru groaned, "What are you doing, moving these matches up like this?!" Shikamaru whined, "Why does it have to be my stupid match that get's pushed up?" Shikamaru gritted his teeth, tightly holding onto the railing. "Oh, man, this is such a drag!"
"Shikamaru Nara," Genma's voice boomed around the stadium, "Come on."
"Great, if it's going to be like this, maybe I'll withdraw too--------" "ALRIGHT!" I shouted, slapping Shikamaru on the back, he shouted as he lost his balance. "Go on, Shikamaru! You can do it!" I cheered, Shikamaru screamed as he fell forward off the platform, landing face first into the arena. I stood above, cheering him on.
Yeah. Shikamaru looked up at me, thanks a lot (Y/N).

To be continued.......................