Chapter Thirty Nine: Kunoichi Rumble, The Rivals Get Serious!

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"Let me do you a favour and end this battle quickly." Kankuro held onto the top of Crows head, bandages flapped in the wind. "You can't end it if I end it first!" Misumi hissed, dashing towards Kankuro. "Ha, pathetic." Kankuro scoffed, Misumi threw a punch toward Kankuro's face, Kankuro batted Misumi's arm out of the way, Misumi grinned from underneath him mask. "Pathetic, huh?" Misumi called out, Kankuro gritted his teeth. Misumi's arm started to wiggle, "What?" Kankuro looked down at Misumi's arm, it shot out like rubber. "What the heck!" Kankuro shouted, Misumi wrapped his arm around Kankuro's, jumping up as he twisted unnaturally in the air, wrapping his body around Kankuro's. Kankuro struggled to get out of his grasp.

"Wow! What's up with that guys body?" Naruto shouted, leaning on the railing. "Yeah! It's like he's made of jelly or something!" I agreed with a nod, "Man, that's freaky! I wish I could do that." Naruto looked back at me.
"I dislocate everyone of my joints and then soften my body," Misumi called out from behind Kankuro, tightening his arm around Kankuro's neck. "Then, with my chakra, I can control them perfectly." Misumi grinned from behind, "Who's pathetic now, hm?" Misumi tightened his grip, Kankuro choked. "Just his chakra?" Sakura wondered, walking closer to us.

"Gnnn!" Kankuro growled, "The more you struggle, the tighter I'll squeeze." Misumi threatened, "I don't know what you're carrying in there," Misumi mention down at Crow, it was laying on the ground, "but as long as I have a hold on you, it makes no difference. I can break your neck right now, if I wanted to." Misumi smiled evilly, his glasses hanging off his nose as he glared at Kankuro. "And I will, unless you give up." Misumi gritted his teeth, Kankuro grinned. "Ha, you wanna bet?" Kankuro chuckled, "Do you want to die?" Misumi breathed out, tigning his grip around Kankuro's neck. "You fool, you're the one who's going to die here." Kankuro looked back at Misumi with a grin, Misumi furrowed his brow, getting angrier by the second. "Uh..." Hayate scratched the top of his head.

CRACK!

I gasped, a loud pop echoed around the room. Kankuro's head limply fell, I gulped. "I think...he broke his neck." Lee whispered, "Huh?" Naruto jumped back, my eyes widened as I looked over to Lee. "What's the big deal?" Gaara turned his head away. Hayate let out a loud sigh.

Tch, what a fool. Too bad he didn't surrender, Misumi slowly released his grip. Oh well, Misumi thought to himself, looking down at Kankuro's limp body. Little piece of paint floated down to the floor with a silent clank, "Huh?" Misumi's eyes widened. Kankuro's head started to shake wildly, before it twisted backwards. "Huh?!" Misumi gulped, his body still wrapped around Kankuro's. "Now it's my turn, so say goodbye!" Kankuro's voice started to change, paint chipping off of his wooden face. He held a fake grin, each movement his head made, a silent tick followed. It's wooden arms wrapped tightly around Misumi's chest, squeezing him like a snake. Misumi struggled against it, grunting as he desperately tried to wiggle out of his grasp. All the paint chipped away, revealing a wooden puppet in Kankuro's place. "A puppet?!" Misumi shouted, shaking his head.

A hand burst out of the bandages, chakra strings attached to the hands fingers as it moved the puppet around. "Wow." I gasped, "Whatever. It isn't that cool, I could do much better." Naruto scoffed, "Yeah? You can control puppets better than Kankuro?" I asked Naruto, turning away from the railing. "Well, not puppets, but I can do much cooler things than play with dolls!" Naruto pointed his thumb at himself, smiling.

Kankuro burst out of the bandages, the flew around in the air, circling him. The real ninja was in their, controlling it! He's a puppet master! Misumi's eyes widened, "He controls it with chakra from his hand..." Sakura's eyes widened. "Gah!" Misumi was struggling, his legs starting to go numb as he desperately gasped for air. Hayate rubbed the back of his neck, having watched the scene for a good full minute. The puppets arms continued to tighten around him, like a boa constrictor. Thinking of snakes...I looked down at my feet. Oh, Kale. Where could you be? I'm so worried, it's not good with you roaming around by your self. I shook my head, my heart sunk. What if he bit someone? There's no way they could of gotten to the hospital on time, the poison takes affect in a matter of minutes. Besides, the anti-venum is so hard to come by...I shook my head. No, Kale is a good boy, he wouldn't hurt anyone. But with Uncle O roaming around, he's been so adgitated, I'm surprised he hasn't bit me. Not that it would do much, thankfully...

"T-That's it! I quit!" Misumi choked out with his last breath, Hayate nodded, looking back down at his clip board. "Okay, you can let him go now." Hayate waved, "But with your bones all crushed, just think about how much more flexible you'll be." Kankuro moved the strings closer, Misumi's eyes started to roll back into his head. "Come on, now." Hayate sighed, breaking to cough. That was close, I almost stopped the match in the middle. Thank goodness I didn't. Hayate cleared his throat, kneeling down over Misumi, he put a check mark on the paper. "Looks like someone got a little..." Hayate smiled to himself, "Tied up."

The chirping of a cricket echoed around the arena, "Oh come on, you've got to admit it was a little funny..." Hayate said with a sigh, standing back up. "Because his opponent is no long able to continue this match, the winner is Kankuro." Hayate pointed to him with a small nod.

"Two against one, I mean, isn't that hitting a bit low under the belt? Is that thing even fair, Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked, pointing at the puppet in Kankuro's arms. "It's not really 'two against one', it's a puppet, not another ninja." Kakashi crossed his arms, turning his head over to Naruto. "Yeah, it's just a puppet master jutsu. He's controlling it with his chakra. It's a ninja tool, like a shuriken." Sakura said matter-of-factly, watching as the paramedics carried Misumi out. Everyone here wields their chakra perfectly, and I thought my chakra abilities would give me an edge over the others. So much for that idea. Sakura shook her head.

"I wonder who it's going to be next." I looked up at the screen, hoping it would be my turn. "Hey, guys, I've got to use the restroom." Sakura said with a small wave, "Oh, uh, see ya Sakura." Naruto shrugged her off, "(Y/N), do you want to go with me?" Sakura asked, "Um, sure. Whatever." I nodded, I've been so eager for the match, I forgot I had to pee. Ha, these preliminaries have got me thrown through a loop. I put my hands in my pockets as I walked with Sakura.
"Hm." Gaara watched me leave, Kankuro walked back to them, leaning on the railing. "You staring at (Y/N) again?" Kankuro crossed his arms. "So what if I am?" Gaara said slowly, squinting his eyes as he looked over at Kankuro. "(Y/N)..." Mikio whispered, clenching his fists. "Huh? You know them or something?" Temari asked him, he looked back at her. "Whatever. It doesn't matter." Mikio waved her off, mysterious. (Y/N) said the same thing about Mikio. Temari thought, touching her chin with her hand.

I sighed a breath of relief, Sakura was looking down into the sink, running her hands through the water. She wet her hand, running it through her messy hair, it glossed over. I leaned against the wall, my arms crossed as I relaxed. "Man, what a day." I heaved a heavy sigh, Sakura nodded. "I still wonder how Sasuke is doing..." Sakura said in a whisper, "Oh, he's fine. Kakashi-sensei took care of him, didn't he?" I waved.

"Tch." A voice called out, "Hm?" I looked over to the bathrooms front door, Ino stood in the middle of it, her arms crossed. "Ino." Sakura seethed, looking back at her with a mile-long glare. "Hey, how's it?" I nodded, Ino seemed to ignore me, staring intensely into Sakura's eyes. I gulped nervously, they're at it again. Why do they always have to be like this? We were such good friends when we were younger...I looked down at the tiled floor.

"You sure are jumpy, Sakura." Ino said with a small grin. "Hmph." Sakura turned her head back to the sink. "I know why," Ino leaned on the door frame, "I mean, even Sasuke collapsed. And it's probably because he's so great that that's all that happened." Ino shrugged, closing her eyes. "Frankly, I don't want to imagine what would happen to you if you compete," Ino's voice took a turn, she pointed her palms up. "I think it's best if you quit, don't you?" Ino smirked, Sakura turned off the tap, looking down at her clean hands. She brushed her hand through her hair again, feeling the short ends rub against her fingers. She turned her head down, remembering when she cut it. I looked over to her, a mild expression on my face. If I made it through that, Sakura thought back to the forest, then I can make it through this too. Sakura nodded at herself in the mirror. "I won't quit, not ever." Sakura said, turning around, she faced Ino. She walked past the bathroom stalls, stopping in front of Ino as she passed. A small grin made it's way to Sakura's face, "In fact, I can't wait." Sakura turned her head away from Ino, walking past her. I nervously chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck as I hurried to the front of the room. "H-Hey! Sakura!" I called after her, she left the door open for me. Ino crossed her arms, watching us as we left.

"Ahem," Hayate cleared his scratchy throat, "Now, let's continue to the fourth battle." He called out to the room, put my hands over the railing again. Sakura had a confident look in her eye, her fists clenched as she watched the screen flicker though name. I bit my bottom lip, crossing my fingers. Come on, come on! I closed my eyes. "Well, who ever's picked, it'll be two weirdos. This contest is chock full of em." Naruto frowned, crossing his arms. "Well, you're one to talk." Kakashi said with a small smile, "Yeah, good point." Sakura giggled, "Hey! Give me a break!" Naruto called out, putting his hands on his hips. "Hey, this isn't a time for laughing." Kakashi said, pointing to the screen. I heard a dull click, I opened my eyes in a flash, a small sigh escaped my lips. Sakura's face was emotionless.

SAKURA HARUNO VA INO YAMANAKA

I turned around to Sakura, her shoulders flinched. Ino came walking down the isle, the smell of cheap soap clinging to her hands, I stared at her with wide eyes. "What's going on-" She stopped mid sentence, her eyes trailing off towards the screen. A small gasp escaped her lips. "Hm." Ino looked back at Sakura, their eyes met in a chilling stare.

The two of them climbed down the steps together, Sakura close behind Ino's back. I watched them as they walked out into the arena, a sorrowful look on my face. The two stood still, facing one another, Hayate coughed into his sleeve, holding onto the edge of the clipboard tightly.

The atmosphere between them got intense quickly. "I never thought I'd have to fight you, or at least, I didn't think it would happen so soon." Ino called out, her long pony tail fluttering in the wind. "But don't expect me to go easy on you." Ino squinted her eyes at Sakura.

"Hm." Asuma touched his chin, a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth. "Of all the people for Ino to go up against, it would have to be Sakura. What a mess." Shikamaru sighed, Choji leaned against the railing, his gaze shifting towards me. "Yeah..." Choji whispered, his face turning pink.

"Go Sakura! You can do it!" Naruto shouted, cupping the sides of his face as he yelled. "Yeah! You're both amazing! Give it your best!" I shot my fist up into the air, an awkward smile hanging off my face.
What an awkwards place (Y/N) must be caught in, Shikamaru thought. Having both of their friends clash together like this. They don't know which one to root for.

"Begin." Hayate waved his hand, taking a step back from them.

"Cha!" Sakura shouted, flying a kick up to Ino with out any hesitation. Ino ducked, bending her knees as she jumped out of the way, Sakura turned her body. "Ha!" Ino shouted, clenching her fists as she let a punch go, Sakura easily dodged them, glaring angrily into Ino's eyes. Sakura jumped speedily down to the floor, sending a low sweep towards Ino, Ino jumped over Sakura's extended leg. With all fours on the floor, she jumped back. Sakura gritted her teeth, using her legs to jump back as well. She held a group of kunai in her hand, Ino's eyes widened slightly as Sakura flung them towards her. Ino caught the kunai in between her fingers, fliging them back towards her. The zipped past Sakura's head, clanking to the wall behind her as they fell to the ground. Sakura darted back to Ino.

"Oh no, I just knew it." Choji heaved a heavy sigh, turning his eyes over to the battle. "Yeah! Sakura's totally blowing Ino out of the water!" Naruto clenched his fists, "What a fool." Shikamaru turned his head away from Naruto, "What'd you say to me?" Naruto seethed, gritting his teeth as he turned around to Shikamaru. "If you wanna make something out of it, go ahead, cause you'll loose." Shikamaru stuffed his hands in his pockets, I gulped. "Who do you think you are?!" Naruto shouted, I waved my hand in the air. Oh no, they're at it again. I sighed.

"That's it? That's really as good as kunoichi can get at hand to hand combat?" A voice scoffed, Naruto turned around lightning fast. "What?!" Naruto shouted, "It's not because they're girls, y'know Neji." Tenten crossed her arms. "It's just that those two are using kick gloves. It doesn't matter if you're a man or woman in battle." Tenten puffed out her cheeks, "Hm." Naruto turned his head back to Sakura and Ino. "Using kick gloves?" He thought out loud.

Ino was gasping for air, a tight feeling in her chest as she stared as Sakura intently. Sweat rolled down Sakura's forehead, she wiped it, keeping her eye on Ino as they paused. Sakura put her fists in front her again, she jumped at Ino with a punch, Ino jumped out of the way with a small gasp, Sakura turned behind and met her with another fist. Ino batted her arm out of the way with her own, she twisted her body around on her heel. The both of them kicked up into the air, their legs canceling each other out as they bounced together. As Sakura calmed down her shaking leg, Ino thew a punch into Sakura's stomach. "Gah!" Sakura gasped, wide eyed as she spat out. There! Ino thought, sending a punch flying to Sakura's face. Sakura's eyes looked into Ino's, she paused, her shoulders shaking as she clenched her fist.

A loud smack echoed around the arena, Sakura's face was turned, her cheek turning red. Ino held her hand in the air, frozen. "Huh?" Sakura breathed out, turning her head up to look at Ino. Ino pulled her hand back, looking down at it, a sad expression crossed her face. The arena turned silent as Ino looked down at her scuffed up hand. Ino closed her eyes.

"If you can't blend into enemy territory, be adapting to the people there, then you'll never be able to succeed as a spy." Suzuma tapped the side of her glasses, her black hair shifting in the wind. I looked down at the ground, hugging my knees close to my chest as I played around with a piece of grass. "In that event, today's class is flower arranging." Suzuma waved her fingers, I looked up at her, puffing out my cheeks. "But that's so boring." I whined, crossing my arms. "Boring or not, it's important to learn your surroundings. Don't forget miss (Y/N), you're here because of your misbehaving in Iruka's class. I wouldn't step out of line if I were you." Suzuma waved her index finger as she talked, I frowned. Sakura turned her head around to me with a small smile. "Now then, everyone. Go into the fields and gather distinctive flowers." Suzauma crossed her arms. "Yes ma'am." The class answered back, kids jumping up from the ground, I slumped my shoulders.

"Ino! (Y/N)! Wait up!" Sakura shouted, waving her hands. She tripped over her own feet, falling to the ground in a loud 'oof'. Ino crossed her arms, "Wow, what a clutz." Ino said, looking down at Sakura. "Ha..." Sakura smiled, I held my hand out to her, helping her climb back up as I tried to hold back my laughter. Sakura rubbed the back of her neck, patting dirt off of her shorts.
I started to pull up flowers out of the ground, sending chunks of dirt flying around. Sakura gingerly picked a flower off of it'
stem, she rolled it around in her fingers, watching me go at it. "I'm not very good at this kind of stuff..." Sakura mumbled with a frown. I nodded, "Yeah. What's the point of these stupid flowers? They just wilt anyway." I huffed, plopping down on the ground next to them, my fists full of wild flowers. "Well, what about you, Ino?" Sakura asked, turning her head over to her. Ino smiled, "Well, that's not very good since you're named after a cherry blossom. Hey, (Y/N), you big brute, cut it out. We don't need all the flowers!" Ino put her hands on her hips, "Ha...yeah..." I put the flowers down on the grass, my hands were covered with sticky yellow pollen. "Okay, look, it's simple. I'll explain it, alright?" Ino sat down in front of us. "Hm?" I tilted my head to the side. "The first thing is, find a main flower for your bouquet." Ino pointed her finger up to the sky, her other hand on her hip. "Then you can find other flowers that compliment the main one, you see, flowers have to highlight each others beauty. There's really nothing too it once you know all the tricks." Ino shrugged, I scratched the top of my head. "For example, uh..." Ino looked around at the flowers, "Look!" She said, pointing her finger at a bunch of pink flowers. "You see those cosmos flowers? Well, if those were the main flowers of your arrangement, then the thoroughwort flowers you'd pick would complement them." Ino said with a nod, "Oh." Sakura smiled, I crossed my arms. "Then, what about these?" I asked, holding the flowers I picked up. "Those, (Y/N), are weeds. Seriously, can't you tell the difference?" Ino sighed, I slumped my shoulders down. "Listen, those cosmo flowers are the prettiest flowers in the fall. Their nickname is the autumn cherry blossoms, they can harmonize with all the other flowers." Ino explained, pointing her finger up once again. "Any autumn grass would go amazing with them in a flower arrangement." Ino nodded her head, putting her arms back down in her lap. "Oh...ha..." Sakura smiled. Ino picked a flower out of the grass, holding it up to her face, she gave us a wink. "So, do I look as beautiful as the cosmos flowers now? Come on, tell me, do I look cute?" Ino smiled at us, I giggled. "Ah...uh, yeah." Sakura nodded, Ino dropped the flower back into the grass. "What's with the pause, huh?" Ino asked, Sakura giggled hugging her knees close to her chest.

"Well, well. Sure looks like your having a lot of fun, billboard brow." Ami, the academies bully said, storming by with her friends Kasumi and Fuki. "Hey! Leave Sakura alone!" I shouted, standing up to her, I put my hands on my hips. "Hey, look who decided to show their ugly mug. I thought you would of learnt to keep it in a bag by now, (Y/N)." Ami put her hands on her hips, I furrowed my brow. Sakura looked down at the ground, I crossed my arms. "Whatever, at least I'm not as ugly as you." I pouted, "What did you say?" Ami took a step closer to me, I glared at her. "You know, you're nothing but a hopeless little kid, so don't go strutting around like your hot stuff, got it?" Ami grinned, flicking my forehead as she got up close to me. Ino shot up lightning fast, flinging a hand full of flowers into Ami's mouth. "Gah!" Ami gasped, stumbling back. "Ami!" Kasumi and Fuki squealed at the same time, running over to their friends aid. She was flat out on the ground, Ino grinned down at her. "Sorry, that head of yours looked so empty, that I mistaked it for a vase." Ino shrugged, pointing her palms upward. "INO!" Ami screamed, clenching her fists as she sat up on the grass, flowers hanging out of . "It's aconite, a shinobi flower." Ino said, playing with one in her hand. "It really isn't that poisonous, but you might want to spit those out when you've got a chance." Ino squinted her eyes down at Ami, Sakura gasped.

Ami screamed, pulling the plants out of as she ran away, her friends close behind her. "Ha! And you better run!" I shouted, waving my fist at them as they ran. Ino giggled, "I forgot to say that only the root is poisonous." She laughed, giving us a wink. I smiled down at her, Sakura's face turned pink. Ino is so great! Sakura thought with a smile, her clothes are so stylish and she's way cute, she's even good with her shuriken...Sakura looked down at the flower in her hand. And her jutsu is awesome too. Compared to that I'm...nothing. Sakura lost her smiled, I looked down at her. "Hm?" Ino turned her head back to Sakura. "Hey, what's wrong?" Ino asked, "Ino, if you're a cosmos flower, then...am I just a thoroughwort?" Sakura whispered, it looked like she was about to cry. Ino sighed, leaning back in the grass. "Now, why would you say that?" Ino shook her head, "Uh..." Sakura looked back at Ino, Ino's head way up to the sky. "Well, let's see...actually I don't think you're a flower at all Sakura. In a manner of speaking, you're still a bud, waiting to bloom." Ino said with a smile. "Hm?" Sakura tilted her head. "Ha...yeah, you're right..." Sakura looked back down at her hands. "Yeah! And I'm a snake!" I shouted, dancing around with a bunch of grass in my hair.

Sakura looked up at Ino, she balled her hands tightly into fists. "Alright, listen up, Ino." Sakura called out, Ino squinted her eyes at her. "I'm not going to fight with you over Sasuke." Sakura shook her head, I tightened my hands around the railing. "What did you say?!" Ino shouted, ing her shoulders back angrily. "I'm not the weak needy girl I used to be! And you're not even on my radar, besides, you're not even Sasuke's type! Ino, pig!" Sakura shouted, Ino furrowed her brow. "Sakura! You better watch your step! Do you have any idea who you're mouthing off to?! Just don't press your luck with me, little billboard brow!" Ino screamed, shaking her head side to side. I heaved a heavy sigh, hanging my head low. And just once when I thought they were going to stop fighting. I closed my eyes. "D-Did you hear that stuff? Sakura was so mean. That's kind of out of line, isn't it? She sure made Ino mad, I don't think I've every seen her look so scary." Naruto said, looking over to me. "That's not it," I shook my head, "Even though Sakura and Ino are always fighting, I know they haven't forgotten just how good of friends they were when we were younger." I said with a small smile, "Now, if that creep Sasuke hadn't shown up, they would still be friends." I sighed, crossing my arms.

"So, I'm the bud that hasn't flowered, huh?" Sakura stared Ino down, my eyes widened, remembering the time in the meadow we spent together.

"Say...uh, Ino." Sakura whispered, I sat down next to them. "Sorry, what?" Ino called out, Sakura turned her head to Ino. "Why did...y-you give me this ribbon? What's it supposed to mean?" Sakura asked her, Ino's face was slightly shocked. "Hm? Well, actually...let's just say I thought it would be a real big waste to see you wilt away as nothing but a bud." Ino said with a nod, looking back up at the sky. Sakura's face flashed pink, "I mean, how sad is it if flowers never bloom?" Ino smiled, a soft breeze floated though the medown like a wave, rustling the grass as it passed. "For all we know, that little bud...it might become a flower even more beautiful than the cosmos." Ino smiled, Sakura froze. Her shoulders started to shake, she turned her head away. She bit down on her bottom lip to stop it from quivering, tears welled up in Sakura's eyes. I sat up straight, a sad smile on my face. Thank you Ino, thank you. Sakura thought, Ino stood up. "Come on, we've got to finish our assignment." Ino laughed, putting her hands on her hips. "O-Okay..." Sakura whispered, "What's wrong, Sakura?" Ino asked, "U-Uh, I just got some dirt in my eye. That's all." Sakura sniffled, "Yeah! Come on! Let's see if we can find some cool bugs, or maybe another snake!" I punched my fist up into the air, Ino giggled. "Ha, you can have all the fun with the bugs as you want, just don't get them near me!" Ino giggled, I laughed, dancing around in the grass.

Ino. All along, I've been trying to live my life by the way you said to me so long ago. I thought that if I tried hard enough, that I could do it. That I could be a beautiful flower instead of a bud, always waiting to bloom. So I set my sights on you, because I wanted to be like you from the start. You set an example for me that gave me a goal to strive toward, and it's because of that that I made it as far as I did. Sakura looked down at the ground, a small smile on her lips. I watched them with a heavy heart, leaning lightly on the railing. It's why I'm here today. But now, I don't want you to hold me back. It's time I surpassed you. If you don't try your very best, then there's no point. Sakura thought, closing her eyes as she reached to the back of her head. She untied her head band that kept her hair out of her face. She pulled it off, her light pink hair flowing freely. Ino's eyes widened.

"W-What in the world is going on?" Naruto asked, his voice going soft. I sniffled, "What do you mean?" Kakashi-sensei called out, his arms crossed. "Why are those two getting so worked up just looking at each other?" Naruto asked, he shook his head, confused. Kakashi patted me on the top of the head, his other hand on Naruto's shoulder. He just can't see that he's exactly the same way when it comes to Sasuke. Kakashi thought with a small smile, I rubbed my eyes. "Well, Naruto, rivalry is a tricky business. Not that I would know." Kakashi shrugged, "Hm?" Guy turned his head around, "Heh. Oh, hi there." Kakashi waved to Guy, Guy put his hands on his hips. What else would I expect from my old rival Kakashi? Yet another bland senseless statement. Man, it really works me up when he acts so cool! Guy clenched his fists.

Ino's hands fell to her sides.
"Guess what? I got put on the same team as Sasuke." Sakura told Ino, she shrugged. "So what? Why are you telling me this now?" Ino scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I won't loose to you, not any more, Ino." Sakura clenched her fists, Ino's mouth opened slightly. "Sounds like a good idea to me," Ino smiled, "And no matter what happens, I won't loose to you either, Sakura. Okay?" Ino said, putting her hands on her hips. Sakura dug into her back pocket, holding the red ribbon loosely in her hand, she extended her arm towards Sakura. The ribbon? Ino thought, looking down at it's dulled red colour. "I'm giving this back." Sakura announced. "Tch." Ino turned her head away, furrowing her brow, her nose twinged, she wanted to cry. Ino shook her head, a small grin rising to her face as she shook the feelings off. "Hmph. That's a gift, it's to hold your hair back. I mean, that headbands really supposed to go on your forehead, right?" Ino shrugged, Sakura shook her head. "From here on out, I'm not longer someone who's going to chase after you, Ino." Sakura closed her eyes, "Hm?" Ino gritted her teeth. "When this goes on my forehead," Sakura touched the soft blue fabric of her headband. "That's when I'll become a true shinobi." A small breeze broke between them, their stares intensining as Ino struggled to hold back tears. Sakura never noticed, Ino closed her eyes. "T-That's a good plan." Ino said in a strained tone, she clasped Sakura's hand with her own, the ribbon being held between them. "Me too. Until then."

"Heh. I understand," Ino said, pulling her headband from her waist. "Sakura." A shadow moved across Ino's face as she tied the headband around her forehead, Sakura did the same, tying a tight not. She pulled it closed. They faced each other as equals. This time, we do it right. No holding back. A fair fight. They thought together, their minds on the same course. And I'm going to win!