Chapter Forty Eight: The Fifth Gate, A Splendid Ninja Is Born

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"Lee!" I gasped, "His whole body's changing!" I couldn't believe what I was seeing, "He's turning red!" Naruto's eyes were wide open, he was leaning on the railing next to me, half of his body hanging off of it.  "What's it mean? What's happening?" Kankuro asked, leaning closer. 

Lee growled, his head down as he focused on his power. The ground beneath him started to break, rubble flying up around him as he charged his power. 

"He's opened up the third gate.Kakashi squinted his eyes down at Lee, "Now he'll attack." Kakashi shook his head. "No, no. Not yet." Guy answered back, "Hmm?" Kakashi turned his head over to him, Guy stayed silent, watching Lee.

Lee was crouched, his skin a bright red, his fists tightly clenched. "The fourth gate! " Lee shouted, his muscles straining, an intense gleam in his eye. "Gate of Pain, open!" Lee commanded in a shout, the intensity of his chakra growing, you could feel it. His veins bulged out from his skin as he screamed, an unbelievable pain burning its way through his body, but Lee didn't stop. He continued to focus on his chakra. 

"Incredible." Kakashi whispered in a shocked tone, "No one could do that through sheer effort alone." Kakashi couldn't take his eyes off of Lee, "The boy's truly a genius." 

Lee bent down on his knee, "Hm." Gaara's eyes opened slightly, Lee was already gone, leaving nothing but rubble and dust where he once was. In a flash, he was on Gaara. A strong kick to the chin sent Gaara flying back, the force and speed turned the wind, it pushed around the room. 
Ino shrieked as she tried to keep her balance, Choji and Shikamaru held onto the railing. Kakashi didn't lose sight of Lee, following him with his Sharingan eye. I rose my arms over my face, Naruto started to stumble, his yellow spiky hair blown back. Kankuro put his arm in front of his chest to block the incoming wind.

"He's faster than ever," Kakashi grunted, regaining his footing. "Huh? Gaara!" Kankuro shouted out, trying to search through the dust cloud below. "Where are they?" I wondered, my eye wide as I also tried to look. "Huh?!" I gasped, my eyes trailing up.
"Up there!" Shikamaru shouted out.

Gaara rose up from the dust clouds, cracks running across his face. Gaara gritted his teeth, the sand barrier crumbling. 
"There's Gaara, but what happened to Lee?" Ino wondered, wide-eyed. "H-He's just----gone!" Choji gasped, trying to search through the dust.

Sand rose around Gaara, Lee's voice boomed below. "Hiding behind that sand armor again? Well, we will see about that!" Lee shouted at him, in a second, Lee was on top of Gaara, facing down at him. 

Lee kicked Gaara down, his heel digging into Gaara's stomach, in a flash, Lee was behind Gaara with another kick, flinging him back up. Lee moved Gaara around like a ping-pong ball. As he reached the top, he was thrown back down, when he reached the bottom, thrown back up. 
Chips off Gaara's sand armor peeled off, cracks riddling his fake skin.  My.....armor.....Gaara watched it peel away, it cant withstand this much pounding........it's crumbling away...Gaara fell back, floating down to the ground, Lee turned to him, watching him fall.
"You are a tough one!" Lee shouted back at him, kicking him back up. Lee jumped down to the ground, kicking off of the rubble, he flew back into the air, moving in front of Gaara. Blood dripped from Lee's nose, his body starting to take the full force of the open gates. Gritting his teeth, Lee pulled back his arm. 
"Try this!" Lee shouted down at Gaara, his arm popped. Lee's arm moved back unnaturally, as he clenched it into a fist. 
"H-His muscles are tearing themselves apart......" I whispered, horrified. Neji squinted his eyes up, is that really Lee? But when? How? Neji gritted his teeth. 

Gaara took an uneasy breath as he looked up at Lee's clenched fist. "One more and we are finished!" Lee shouted down at Gaara, starting to pull his arm back, loud cracks sounded from it. "The fifth gate....." Lee called out, "Gate of Closing........OPEN!" 

Lee shouted a loud cry as he flew down towards Gaara, chakra rushing into his fist. Out of the corner of his eye, he peered down at Neji. 
No human can move like this........Gaara thought, raising his arms in front of him, the little brace. It's impossible to defend myself.......
Lee clenched his jaw. Are you watching, Neji? I was saving this ace in the hole to use against you! See what you have to look forward too!

Lee's fist dug into Gaara's stomach, he twisted his knuckles around as it hit. Gaara's arms flew up, his back arching as he took the blow, it pushed him down, but Lee didn't let go of him. Gaara's back snapped as his momentum was slowed, he looked up at Lee. Lee was holding onto Gaara by a thin bandage he had tied around Gaara's waist, his fist was tightly clenched onto it. 
The sand slowly started to come, chasing the two of them down.

Temari shook her head,  his sand shield can't keep up! A bead of sweat ran down the side of Kankuro's face. He's in trouble......"Wow....." Naruto's mouth was wide open, my hands were clasped together. 
Guy watched Lee closely. The hidden lotus, a taijutsu combination of such blinding speed, no one could defend themselves against it. Not even Neji. Gaara's sand shield is useless.

Lee opened his palm, the bandage in his other hand. Now to finish it! 

Gaara gasped as Lee pulled him closer with a shout, kicking up his leg, Gaara's eyes widened, 
"Hidden Lotus!!!"
Lee shouted, his heel burying its self into Gaara's chest. 

Sand mixed with dust blew around the arena, people struggled to keep their balance as the winds blew. Shikamaru kept his arms in front of his face, squinting his eyes down at the match. He moved so fast, I couldn't see a thing! 

Lee bit down on his tongue, his nose scrunched up as pain ran through his leg, his knee bent up, his calf bending backward. 
As Gaara fell, a large crack sounded behind him, his mouth was wide open. 
"What's happening?" Kakashi called out, "The gourd!" Guy shouted back, "It's turning into sand!"

A loud cloud of dust formed in the middle of the arena, Lee fell to the side of it, rolling out on the ground, he couldn't move. "Unbelievable! He did it!" Naruto shouted to my side, "Gaara!" Kankuro shouted on the other, my hand was over my mouth. 
"I-Is it over?" Sakura called out. The dust started to clear, "Huh?" Shikamaru's eyes widened, on oddly shaped silhouette cut through the dust. Ino's eyes widened, "What's that? Down there!" She called out, pointing down.

Gaara wheezed, his chest heaving up and down. Naruto was at a lost for words.

Gaara slowly raised his cracked hand up as he laid on a bed of sand, Kakashi squinted his eyes down at him. Unbelievable!  Guy gasped, he cushioned his fall by turning the gourd into sand! 

Gaara's body shook as he rose his hand higher, Lee was out of breath, his legs unmovable. He tried to get up onto his knees, but he fell back to his side. Sand rose as a giant hand, it wiggled through the air, heading straight towards Lee. Lee tried to crawl out of the way, but his legs wouldn't give, his arm twisted in an unnatural way. 
Shino clenched his fists, it's.......the sand coffin. 

The sand crept closer, Lee desperately tried to push, only moving a few inches away. Gaara kept a shaking hand up, his eyes wide as he watched the sand move closer, his breathing turning heavier, faster. 
"I-Impossible......." Lee whispered, turning his head back to the sand creeping closer. Not only did he survive the hidden lotus, he is able to go on the attack!
Lee gritted his teeth, stretching his good arm out, digging his fingers into the uneven floor, but it was fruitless. The sand crawled up his leg, Lee moved his arm out to try to get it off, but the sand consumed it as well, Gaara's eyes were wide with fury. 
Gaara grunted, the sand wouldn't move any further. Lee's mouth opened as he felt the sand start to get tighter, Gaara moved his hand in closer. 
"Sand coffin." He breathed out, clenching his hand into a fist.
"AHHHH!" Lee screamed out in pain, the sand crushed his arm and leg, he couldn't keep his eyes open. "I-I....." Lee coughed, blood dripping down his chin. I am not going to be the one who loses! I.......I have......my own........ninja way.......

Lee couldn't take the pain. He passed out cold on the jagged ground. 

Guy furrowed his brow, Gaara started to climb up, his head twisted. He moved his hand out, the sand burst out from underneath him. 
"No!" Hayate called out

"Now you die." Gaara breathed out, the sand fell over Lee. 

"Huh?" Gaara gritted his teeth, Guy stood in front of Lee, kicking the sand out of the way. Their eyes met. 
"Gnnnnn......" Gaara closed his eyes, throwing his hand onto his head, pain stinging his forehead. "But.....but why....." Gaara breathed out. 
"He failed......and you saved him....." Gaara grimaced at the pain.

"Because he's......." Guy paused, "Because he's my student."
Temari squinted her eyes down at him, he's precious to him because he's his student? 

Gaara got up on his feet, the sand gathering back to form the gourd. "Huh?" Guy watched Gaara get up. "I quit...." Gaara whispered as he walked away.
"What? He quite's?" Sakura watched Gaara walk away. "But it's too late for Lee to win, he lost the match the minute Guy jumped in.

"The winner is-----!" Hayate stopped halfway, his mouth wide open.
Guy slowly turned his head around, Gaara stopped dead in his tracks.

Lee's right leg shook, it snapped as he stood up, blood poured into the cracks of the arena's ground. The bandaged on his arm were stained red, but above all, he was standing. 
Lee was standing. 

"It can't be....." Guy turned around to Lee. Lee pointed the back of his hand open, his limbs twitched as he stood, cracks sounding from his leg. Gaara turned back around.

A sharp shadow ran across Lee's face, his head was bent down.

After all that he shouldn't be able to move. Kakashi watched with wide eyes, let alone stand up. 

Guy walked to Lee, "No, Lee." He said, putting his hands on Lee's shoulders. "It's alright, it's all over now." Guy shook his head, "Anyway, you are in no condition to-----" Guy paused, looking down at Lee, his mouth ajar. 

"L-Lee...." Guy whispered, a tear rolled down the side of his face, many followed behind. "Oh....Lee.....what have I done?" His tears dripped to the ground. Lee's eyes were glossed over, his head down, an emotionless look on his face, blood continued to drip from his arm.
"Look at you....." Guy cried, tears streaming down his face. "Not even conscious......and still determined to show the world what you can do......." Guy bit down on his bottom lip.

He's out cold. Kakashi closed his eyes, pulling back down his headband. Nothing keeping him up but sheer willpower. 

"Lee......" Guy closed his eyes, "You've already proven it." He sniffled, moving Lee close to his chest, Lee's eyelids finally dropped down, his eyes closed. Guy wept, holding Lee close to his chest. "You are a great ninja."

Hayate looked down at the ground, his eyes closed as he raised his arm. "The winner is Gaara......"

"Lee!" Sakura shouted out, jumping up on the edge of the railing. "Sakara!" Kakashi called to her, she turned her head around to him. "There is nothing you can do for him now." Kakashi walked closer to her, she bent her head down. "There are times where sympathetic words only make things worse." 

"Heh." Temari shrugged, "I knew he couldn't beat Gaara." She said, turning to Mikio. "Obviously." He answered back, leaning backward on the railing, his arms crossed. 

Still, it was a lot tougher a match then we thought. Kankuro nodded, my fists were tightly clenched. I growled as I jumped off of the railing, landing into the arena, I ran towards Lee. Gaara stopped, turning his head over to me as I passed him, I kept moving forward. He watched me. 
"(Y/N)......" Kakashi whispered with a sigh. 

"Hurry, this boy needs attention," Hayate called out, bent down to him next to Guy, the medics were rushing towards him. "Lee......." I whispered, looking down at him.

The doctors crowded around him, a cot laid out on his side. I stood next to Guy as they checked him. One of them looked up at Guy, a frown on his face. 
"You're his teacher, aren't you?" He asked, "I am. What is it?" Guy nodded, the paramedic stood up. "Will you come with me?" He asked, stepping to the side, Guy followed him. 
"Careful with him." Another called out, I looked down as the picked Lee up, moving back to he cot. "That's right, easy." He nodded, laying Lee down gently. One of them moved up, scurrying away. I took a step closer, looking down at Lee, he was motionless. 

"The boys breathing is faint but steady. There are bone fractures and muscle tears throughout his body, he's facing a long and difficult rehabilitation." He explained, Guy was silent, looking down at the ground. "But I'm afraid, that's not the worst of it." The medic paused, closing his eyes. I looked up at him, tears starting to peck at my eyes.

"His left arm and leg, in particular, have suffered massive damage. I'm sorry, I know how much it means to you both, but......he'll never fight again."

The lifted Lee up, I moved closer to him. "N-No.....he's wrong.....i-it can't be true......." I whispered, looking down at Lee's closed eyes, my shoulders shook. Guy was on the other side of the cot, I looked up at him. 
Lee.....oh Lee.....please forgive me. I couldn't stand the thought of you losing......I wanted you to achieve your goal. To prove that your ninja way was the right way. 

Guy watched as they carried Lee away, I stood by him, but Guy's mind was off.
It was all my fault, I should've stopped it.......Guy's head hung low, forgive me. Lee!

"No.....it's not true.....it can't be true....." I breathed out, watching them walk out the door, I clenched my fists. "You......" Tears ran down the sides of my face, "It's not fair......it's not fair! You were going to show how a failure could win! You were going to show-----!" Kakashi's hand was over my mouth, he stood close behind me. I slapped his hand out of the way, tears streaming down my face. 
I looked up to him, my eyes burning. "That's enough, (Y/N)." He put his hands on my shoulders. "But sensei! It isn't fair! All he ever wanted was to prove himself!" I shouted back to him, Kakashi's wouldn't let me out of his grip.
"And maybe that is what led to his downfall." Kakashi looked down at me, "He was so fixated on that goal that he sacrificed his body, his future, to attain it. And now that goal is unattainable." 
"B-But......" I whispered, looking down at my feet. Kakashi put his hand on the top of my head, I closed my eyes.
Lee......just make it through, okay?

Neji crossed his arms, his eyes closed. Lee, you didn't understand. Even at the end, fate will never smile on the fortunes of a ninja who seeks victory by falling on his own power, or demanding that others fall on theirs. Neji shook his head. 

Guy turned away, his head down. Gaara turned to me, our eyes met for a second. The look I couldn't place, not on his face. It looked almost......sorry.
He turned away, in a burst of sand, he was back on the stands next to Temari and Mikio. So, the worst didn't happen after all. Baki thought, looking down at Gaara.  "Good to have you back, Gaara," Temari said with a smile, he looked over at her.
"Don't talk to me. " He warned, Temari's eyes widened as she took a step back, a nervous look on her face. 

Kakashi patted me on the shoulder before he turned around, Guys back was facing him. Kakashi let out a small sigh as he walked over to him.
"Guy." Kakashi called out to him, he kept his back turned. "What I said earlier, it was out of line." Kakashi put his hands in his pockets, "I was being a self-righteous fool. I realize now that if I had been in your shoes, I probably couldn't of stopped him either." Kakashi closed his eyes. I turned to Kakashi.
"Come on, Guy. Let's go up." Kakashi motioned to the stands, "They can't start the next match with us standing here." Kakashi called out to him, Guy paused.
"Right." He answered back. 

To be continued...................