Chapter Thirty Eight: Orochimaru and Kakashi, Face-to-Face

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

I gritted my teeth, gripping tightly onto the railing. Kiba clenched his fists, staring the dust cloud down. Zaku's arm fell limply to his side, pain stinging every fiber of it. "Alright, fool. You've had enough?" Zaku called out with a grin as the dust started to disperse. Shino stood in the same place, his eyes glaring daggers down at Zaku. "What?!" Zaku jumped back, his arm starting to bleed at it flopped around in the air. A loud noise echoed the room, it sounded like...crawling. I thought, looking down at Shino. "Hey...what?!" Zaku looked around the room, alarmed, as he started to hear the cries of insects. His eyes widened as he saw little beetles start to crawl up Shino's face, Shino had yet to move from his starting position. W-What the! He's got bugs comin out of him! Zaku stared in wonder at Shino's skin started to break in small circles, more beetles crawling out. Like a human hive! This guys a freak show! Zaku gritted his teeth, staring Shino down. "Great. Now that you've freaked us all out, what happens next?" Zaku spat out, ignoring the stinging in his arms. Shino was silent, "Huh?!" Zaku gritted his teeth, the squealing started to come closer. Zaku turned his head around, his eyes widening in fear. He was frozen on the ground as he watched a sea of beetles heading straight for him, I jumped up with excitement. "Yeah! You're amazing Shino! You've got that freak down!" I said with a smile, Naruto started to laugh.

Shino's face turned red, he looked down at the ground. "T-Thanks (Y/N)..." He whispered before looking back at Zaku's shaking form. "They're a rare species of parasitic beetle that attack their prey in a swarm. Eating its chakra, an army this sized will you dry in less than a minute." Shino explained, a slightly menacing tone in his voice. Zaku turned his head back to him, "Your only intelligent option is to forfeit the match. You can't fight two opponents at once. If you use your fairly good arm against me, my friends will swarm you from behind. Conversely, if you use your good arm to keep them at bay, then you'll have me on your blind side." Shino shrugged, "Either way, your defeat will be certain, and unpleasant. It's wise to always have an ace in the hole." Shino raised his hands out of his pockets, clasping them together in a hand sign, the first movement he's made in the entire battle.

I turned to Naruto, "When did four eyes turn cool?" I whispered, Naruto shrugged. "Whatever, there's no way that bug nerd's cooler than me." Naruto scoffed, looking back over at me. "But...quick question. Do you know those two freaks over there? I mean, we met the one in town but...they keep staring at us." Naruto rubbed the back of his neck, Lee took a step closer. "Yes, I do see what you mean. Creepy." He whispered back at Naruto, I looked across the battlefield. Our eyes met in a blazing fury.

Mikio sturred, he looked into my eyes, his yellow orbs colliding with my blood orange ones. I clenched my fists, thoughts ricketing through my brain. There's no forgetting those eyes...those are Mikio's. So, that's where he is. He's been hiding in the village hidden in the sand for all these years. Brother, you still hate me, don't you. Whatever, I turned my head away from him. He's not of any importance right now. There are more important things going on, like Kale going missing. And Uncle O running around, the curse mark...I thought to myself, looking down at the ground. Lee took a step closer, "(Y/N), are you okay? You don't look as excited as you were before." He asked me, by my side, Naruto wore a frown as he glared at Lee. "Huh? O-Oh, I'm fine." I waved, looking back down at the battle. "That is good to hear." Lee nodded with a small smile. "Yeah...what do you even want, bushy brow?" Naruto asked, mocking Lee. "Shouldn't you be over with your other teammates?" Naruto turned his body over to Lee. "Lee can go where ever he wants to go. He's pretty cool, bet you didn't know that, Naruto. Not only is Lee super strong, he is an amazing person. And he looks super cool, and he is awesome, and this and that and-" Naruto spaced out, listening to me blabber on about Lee. Lee's face turned red as he chuckled nervously behind me, "Thank you." He smiled, Naruto huffed, crossing his arms as he turned his head away. Neji turned his head over to us, edging closer. He squinted his eyes at Lee, "I'm cool too. Right, (Y/N)?" Neji asked hastily, taking a step closer to me. "Uh...I guess?" I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck.

Zaku turned his head around, glaring at the bugs. Zaku hung his head down, a shadow growing across his eyes. That's it. Never again. Zaku gritted his teeth, Sasuke's smiling face glaring down at him. He clenched his only working fist, blood dripped from his bandages, soaking through the cloth. It dripped to the floor, that's it...that's never going to happen again! Zaku shot his furious face up, shouting as he moved his arm in an unusual way, a large crack bouncing around the arena, the liquid crimson puddling on the ground. He opened his palm towards Shino, Shino kept his stance. "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME! AHHHHH!" Zaku screamed, sinking his teeth into his other arm, throwing it to the side in a fit of rage, his knee fell to the floor, he was gasping for air. Both of his arms were out, one facing Shino, the other the swarm of beetles. "Ha...ha...ha!" Zaku was gasping for air, his chest trembling as sweat beamed down his forehead. His torn up arms aching as they shook violently on either side of him, Shino put his hands back into his pockets. Zaku grinned, his arm crunched as he moved the tore appendage. "L-Like you said...always have an ace in the hole! Right?!" Zaku screamed, his arms stinging as he held them up in the air. "Hmm..." Shino watched him.

"What the?! I thought his right arm was shot!" Kiba shouted out, leaning closer to the railing. Dosu chuckled, not bad, Zaku.

"What's your game?" Kakashi glared at him, "The sound village that everyone's curious about, I created it. I think you understand with out me saying any more." Orochimaru tilted his head upward. "Hmph. You and your wide eyed ambition." Kakashi's hands were at his sides, "Oh, yes. Indeed. As always. But as to play the game, as you put it, I need pieces on the board. Willing pawns to do my bidding." Orochimaru called out, his smooth voice rolling out of his throat. "So Sasuke and (Y/N) are your two pawns?" Kakashi eyed him, "Oh, (Y/N) is more valuable than that. But the others, well," Orochimaru chuckled, "Pieces must be sacrificed."

"MY ARMS!" Zaku screamed, his other knee dropped to the floor. His arms fell limp to his sides, crimson soaked through the bandages. His arms shook unnaturally, "W-What?!" Zaku shook his head in disbelief, insects were burrowing into his skin, eating their way though his flesh. Shino calmly walked behind him, Zaku screamed in horror. "Earlier when I was instructing you on my helpful advice, I sent out my little friends here to plug up those troublesome wind holes in your hands. It seems they got a little hungry on their way their. You see, one ace in the hole is good." Shino grinned down at him, Zaku was trying to keep the bugs at bay, but they continued to swarm. He kicked at the violently, but they continued to creep up his arms. "But two ace's are better." Zaku gritted his teeth, turning around to Shino, he jumped up at him, Zaku's arms flailing limply behind him. Shino smacked him out of the way, sending him tumbling to the ground once again. A trail of blood following Zaku's body.

Orochimaru walked closer to Kakashi, Kakashi didn't waver. He stood his ground, staring Orochimaru down. As Orochimaru took another step, Kakashi quickly grabbed onto his arm, opening his palm towards the ground. "Stop. Don't come any closer." Kakashi gritted his teeth, "Hm?" Orochimaru smiled as he watched lightning spark around Kakashi's extended arm. "I don't care if you are one of the sannin, I swear, you will never get between me and (Y/N)." Kakashi growled furiously, the chidori sparking to life in his palm.

Orochimaru chuckled menacingly, his smile growing as he laughed, his head tilted upwards, he was hysterical. "Funny, is it?" Kakashi held onto his other arm tightly.
"Poor Kakashi, all your noble efforts, all in vain." Orochimaru shrugged with a smile, "What?" Kakashi breathed out. "Do you really believe that your seals will hold? Do you really think you can keep (Y/N) from me? You know I'm right. Their heart burns and hungers for only one thing, the truth." Orochimaru moved his head back down, "You think you can take advantage of that? That's not (Y/N)." Kakashi seethed, "You cannot stop it. At some point, they'll come to me. The two of them." Orochimaru turned his back on Kakashi, walking away. "(Y/N) will be mine." Orochimaru stopped half way down the hall, "Unless, of course, you want to carry out your threat to kill me. Now is your chance," Orochimaru turned his head around. "Take it if you dare." With that, Orochimaru disappeared.

Kakashi's shoulders trembled, his hand still tightly clutched around his arm as he shivered. I-I must be out of my mind. Nothing will get between me and (Y/N)...w-what am I even thinking? They're my student. Kakashi shook his head, breathing out a small sigh of relief as he felt Orochimaru's presence lift. Sasuke layed stiff on the floor.

Hayate knelt down to Zaku on the floor, Zaku groaned out in pain. "Looks like..." Hayate called out, "Something's bugging him." Hayate smiled at his own joke, the room was as silent as ever. "I appreciate the enthusiasm." Hayate sighed, looking back down at Zaku, Shino loomed over him. "The winner is Shino Aburame." Hayate cleared his throat, putting his hands back in his pockets as he stood back up.

"Wait. How did he do that? Who is he? Find out." Lee whispered to Neji, "Hm." Neji turned his head away from me, looking back down at the arena. Touching the side of his face, Neji sparked his byakugan back to life, zooming in on Shino. "Hm. I had no idea." Neji whispered, "Huh?" I looked over at him, turning my body away from the railing. "I thought he was using a summoning jutsu to get all those insects...but no. They're...they're actually living inside of him." Neji glared down at Shino, "Living inside of him?!" Lee jumped, Guy walked over to us, pointing his index finger up. Tenten was close behind. "There's a legend the the hidden leaf village has a clan of insect tamers." Guy called out, his other hand on his hip. I nodded, "Yeah. The Aburame Clan, Shino's a part of it. When a bug master's born, they enter a sacred pact with the insects. Shino allows them to nest in his body, and in return, they obey Shino's will." I explained with awe, Shino walked away from Zaku, heading back towards the stair case. "So this guy is one of them?" Lee asked, turning his head back to Shino. "Yep, that's right." I nodded.

"Well, that was unfortunate." Dosu said with a sigh, watching the paramedics load Zaku onto a cot. "Why did his arm's just break down like that?" Kin asked, her black hair shuffling. "Didn't you see? That Aburame freak got his bugs into Zaku's arms during the match. The blocked his airways. As soon as Zaku used his slicing sound wave, he was doomed. With it's usual output sealed off, the energy from the sound wave was trapped in his arm. Expanding, searching for an exit." Dosu looked down at Zaku's torn up arms, large gashed in his skin. "Sooner or later, something had to give." Dosu sighed, Kin's eyes widened.

"Whew..." Kurenai sighed a breath of relief. My, it's getting chilly in here. She relaxed her shoulders.
"Man!" Naruto shouted, clenching his fist. "Man, that Shino guy's good! Who would've thunk it? Being so quiet, I can't wait to get my shot at him!" Naruto shouted, I sighed. "I don't think that would go over too well..." I whispered, "Huh?" Naruto asked, turning to me. "Shino's pretty cool, you're going to need more than luck to beat him." I said with a shrug, "I'll get him! Believe it!" Naruto shouted back.

"O-Oh...wow, uh...c-congratulations Shino." Hinata smiled as Shino walked back over to them. "Way to go." Kiba shrugged, "Hmph. Let's see you do the same." Shino turned away from Kiba, looking back over the railing. His eyes landed on me, I was waving my finger, talking to Naruto. Kiba growled, glaring at Shino furiously.

"Uh...alright everyone. Moving right onto the third match." Hayat called out, his voice echoing around the room. "Hm?" I turned my head around, Kakashi walked up behind me. "Kakashi-sensei!" I called out with a tone of urgency. "Hi." Kakashi smiled down at me, a bit awkwardly. "What do you mean 'hi'? Is that all you can say?! What about Sasuke? How is he doing? Is Sasuke alright?" Sakura shouted, spewing question after question. "Oh, he's fine...ish." Kakashi shrugged, "What?!" Sakura screamed, Kakashi looked over at me, his thoughts trailing off. Sasuke won't be waking up happily, that's for sure. Kakashi squinted his eye. He got too close to (Y/N)...Kakashi shook his head. I took it out too much on him, I shouldn't of...I need to stop. (Y/N) is my student and that's it. Kakashi looked away from me. At least he's in the infirmary now, he's in the hands of the anbu.

A loud click rung through the room, I looked back at the screen.
TSURUGI MISUMI VS. KANKURO

Heh. It's finally my turn. Kankuro grinned. Careful, Kankuro. You underestimate your opponent one time too many. Baki thought with a sigh, Gaara looked over at Kankuro. Idiot. He thought, Mikio turned to Kankuro. "Break a leg." Mikio shrugged, "Like I need encouragement from you." Kankuro brushed Mikio off, jumping down from the railing.

Naruto watched Kankuro like a hawk. This guy...Naruto thought, Kankuro stopped, facing Misumi. "I'm not like Yoroi. I don't get careless, even when it's against kids like you." Misumi looked down at Kankuro. "Heh." Kankuro smiled smuggled, "Piece of advice, once I use my jutsu, give up. Quick. If you do, I promise to make it short and painless." Misumi hissed, Kankuro crossed his arms. "Funny," Kankuro flipped the bandages off his shoulder, holding onto to crow as it banged on the floor. "I was just about to say the same thing." Kankuro chuckled, "Though, I can't promise it'll be painless." Kankuro stared Misumi down, "Uh..." Hayate broke between them.

"Um, alright then. If you're ready, let the third match begin."