Chapter Nineteen: A New Chapter Begins, The Chunin Exams!

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

I sighed, leaning up against the railing. Sakura was staring at Sasuke, he was staring at me, I awkwardly stared at the ground. Dang it, not again! I huffed, "Hey, good morning, (Y/N), what's up?" Naruto grinned, his face flashing pink. I looked over at him with a smile, but his eyes were looking else where. I sighed, Naruto and Sasuke glared at each other, their eyes blazing. "Hmph!" Naruto turned his head away, I crossed my arms. Good grief, not again! They've been like this ever since we got back from the Land Of the Waves! I puffed out my cheeks as I looked back down at the ground, it's like being stuck between a couple of children! Ugh, hurry up Kakashi-sensei! I've had it! I gritted my teeth.

The sun was high up in the sky by the time Kakashi came, it felt like an eternity had passed. "Hey, guys, good morning." He waved, his hair looked like he just hopped out of bed. "Sorry I'm late, afraid I got lost on the path of life." He smiled down at us, "Gaah!" Sakura seethed, waving her fists in the air. "I'm ready for the next mission, sensei!" Naruto jumped up. "Yeah, and come on! No more of this dumb beginner stuff, okay?" I was next to Naruto, excited for what was next to come. "I want a chance to prove myself, I'm talkin a real mission, where I could show what I'm made of! Gaah! I'm gonna break it up and burn it down, see?!" Naruto shouted, flailing his arms in the air, Kakashi gulped. "Uh...right. I get it, that's-that's great, Naruto, now, take it easy, would you?" Kakashi sighed, holding his hands up defensively. Naruto growled, turning his head around to Sasuke. Sasuke! He's always rescuing everyone on our missions, trying to grab all the glory, making me look like a chump! But he'll never get the edge on me! Naruto thought to himself, shaking in anger as he glared at Sasuke. "Huh?" I wondered, turning my head around, meeting Sasuke's eyes. He jumped slightly, pink rising to his face. "Today's the day!" Naruto shouted, stomping on his foot, I looked over at him, Sasuke did to. "BELIEVE IT!" He seethed, I wouldn't be surprised if he started to breath fire. "Let us know when you're done fantasizing, Naruto, so we can start the mission, all right?" Kakashi called out, his hands in his pockets. "Right!" Naruto jumped up, his fists clenched. "Could you not be so annoying, Naruto, just for once?!" Sakura shouted, her hands on her hips.

The sun was high in the sky, a mellow breeze rustled the plants, I was happily picking weeds out from the ground. "Well, I'm gonna beat Sasuke anyway!" Naruto grinned, rolling up his sleeves as he started to pull out everything from the garden. I face palmed.

"Hey, you!" A woman stomped over, "Oh, hi, lady! I got rid of all your weeds for you! Pretty cool, huh?" Naruto grinned, rubbing the back of his neck, she started to tremble with anger. "Uh, what's wrong?" Naruto asked, dumbstruck. "You pulled the weeds, and you also pulled up all my plants!" She shouted, "Huh?" Naruto tilted his head, his mouth wide open. "Those were special herbs I've been growing and you destroyed them!" She seethed through gritted teeth, "OW! OW! OW!" Naruto shouted, I held back my laughter as I watched the lady smack him around.

The cool river washed against my legs, I smiled as I picked up trash from in between the river stones, tossing it into the bucket tied to my back. The water was refreshing. Kakashi was calmly leaned up against a tree, reading one of his books. "Gah!" Naruto gasped, falling back into the water. "Huh?" I looked at him, he was being swept away by the current. "Naruto!" I shouted, gasping at I watched him drift farther down, the waterfall! I ran through the water, in a flash Sasuke was in front of me, hanging on a wire he had fastened to a tree. "AHHHHHHH!" Naruto screamed, hanging over the water fall, completely soaked. "You're such a loser." Sasuke huffed, shaking his head. I giggled.

"Hey! Hey! Not there! We're supposed to go the other way!" Naruto grunted, struggling as he pulled the dogs leash as strongly as he could. "Hey! I'm talking to you! Gaah!" Naruto was tugging as hard as he could. "Darn it!" He seethed, I put my hand on my hip, watching. "What a loser..." Sasuke sighed, "I can agree on that one." I nodded, "Of course! He just has to choose the biggest dog." Sakura shook her head, her pink hair swaying from side to side. "Ah! Stop pulling! You're not supposed to go over there!" Naruto shouted, Kakashi was in his own universe, his nose stuck in a book. "That's not a place for dogs! That's a minefield!" He screamed, the dog dragged him through the gate. The three of us watched wide eyed as he set off explosions, jumping back, the dog pulled Naruto back out, burnt to a crisp. I sighed in relief.

I held Naruto's arm over my shoulders, Sasuke supported the other side as we walked. Naruto was all scuffed up and bruised, Sakura was walking close to Sasuke's side. "Look at you, you've got to take better care of your self, Naruto." I smiled down at him, he grinned back up at me. "Ha, you really are just one big problem." Sasuke grinned smugly, "Gnnnnnn!" Naruto jumped back. "Sasuke!" He seethed, clenching his fists, Sakura stood in front of him, her blue eyes blazing. "If you keep this up, I'll finish you myself!" She shouted, raising her fist in the air, Kakashi sighed. "I guess we're not making a lot of progress on the teamwork thing, huh?" Kakashi shook his head, "That's right! Our teamwork's all messed up, and it's all because of you, Sasuke! You think you're better than everyone else?!" Naruto shouted at his turned back, Sasuke shook his head. "Not everyone. Just you. Face it, I'm better and stronger than you are. And (Y/N) like me better, it's a fact. Unless," Sasuke turned his head around to Naruto's furious face. "Unless you have what it takes to prove me wrong." Sasuke turned around, his hands in his pockets, a sad expression written on Sakura's face, I sighed, crossing my arms. They're actually getting along worse than before, if that's even possible! Naruto clenched his fists, growling with fury as he looked over at Sasuke, I don't have time to waste on Naruto and these lame missions. There's still ninja out there who can out fight me, I've got to get stronger so I can beat them and protect (Y/N). There's no way I'm letting them get hurt again. Sasuke looked over at me, I was looking up in the sky, a hawk was circling around over head. "Alright right, guys." Kakashi yawned, slipping his book mark back into place. "Let's call it a day. You can beat each other to a pulp some other time, anyway, I have to file this mission report." Kakashi placed his hands in his pockets. "Whatever, I'm out of here." Sasuke turned his back, walking away with a cross look on his face. "Wait!" Sakura called out, running towards him, "Sasuke, I'll go with you!" She shouted, her pink hair swaying behind her. "Uh! Ah...ah..." I was about to ask her to hang out, but she already ran away, I let my extended hand hang in the air.

"So, why don't we, you know, let's do something more personal." Sakura blushed as she looked over at Sasuke, "I mean, to improve our team work, and all." She smiled, Sasuke put his hands in his pockets. "I swear, you're just as bad as Naruto." Sasuke rolled his eyes, "Instead of following me around, why don't you practice your jutsu and make the team stronger?" Sasuke turned back around. "Let's face it, you're worse than Naruto." Sasuke walked away, Sakura was slumped down, a shadow growing over his face. He's right...what have I really done so far on all our missions? Nothing. Zip! Sakura sniffled, looking down at the ground. "Don't worry, Sakura! Just forget about Sasuke, we can still hang out! And I don't think Naruto would mind joining in!" I laughed, waving at her. "Gnnnnn!" Sakura seethed, starting to shake with anger. "Huh?" I gasped, Kakashi-sensei disappeared on a puff. Sakura was starting to walk away, Naruto looked over at me with a pink face. Kakashi-sensei disappeared, is he giving us some alone time? Naruto grinned, his face reddening. "Huh?" I heard a loud shuffle coming near us, I turned to look back at the ground. Fake rocks? What's up with that? Naruto turned his head down too, he shook his head, turning the other way as he started to run, I followed his side with a smile. The shuffling followed us, Naruto took a sharp turn back to where we came from, I followed him again, having nothing better to do. He started to pick up speed, the shuffling becoming more apparent as we continued to run. Suddenly Naruto turned back around, the costume shook as he tried his best to settle back down. "That's the worst disguise of all time!" Naruto shouted, pointing a finger down at the block of fake rocks. "There's no such thing as square rocks! It's completely obvious!" Naruto shouted down at the box, Sakura turned her head back around. "You saw through me camouflage again? You're slick, boss. Just what I expected from my greatest rival!" Konohamaru shouted, I tilted my head as I looked down at them. Three kids jumped out of the box, I put my hands in my pockets. "I'm Moegi! The sassiest kunoichi in preschool, check me out!" Moegi, a little girl with pig tails smiled, putting her hand on her hip. "I love algebra, call me Udon!" A boy with short brown hair said with a sniffle, wiping his nose on his sleeve. "And I'm the number one ninja in the village, Konohamaru!" He shouted with a grin, looking up at the two of us. "And when we're all together-" He grinned, his friends at his side. "We're the Konohamaru ninja squad!" The three of them shouted simultaneously, Naruto put his hands behind his head. "Yeah, I knew it was you, Konohamaru." Naruto looked down at the three of them, "Hm? What are those things? Those goggles you're wearing on your head." Naruto asked, Konohamaru laughed. "Ha, you used to wear goggles, remember?" Konohamaru grinned, touching them. "Oh, yeah, that was a while ago, huh Naruto?" I asked, looking over to him. "Hm." He nodded. "Hey! Come on, boss! Why are you being like that? You ought to be more excited!" Konohamaru shouted at him, clenching his fist. "So...did you want something?" Naruto asked, Konohamaru turned back to his friends. "He's just trying to be cool." Konohamaru whispered. "You know what we want! Are you busy now?" Moegi whined, looking up at him. "Hmm...I have to train. Believe it!" Naruto grinned, pointing his thumb at himself. "What?! But you promised you would play ninja with us today! Come on!" Konohamaru complained, "Pfft..." I held my mouth shut, trying not to laugh. Naruto's face turned red. "O-Oh...uh, hehe, d-did I say that?" Ugh, if I say yes (Y/N) would think I'm a loser and these kids would be bugging me all day and I won't get any training done! Naruto gulped. "A ninja playing ninja?" I giggled, they're staring right at me, I think I'm turning red! Naruto chuckled nervously, "Hey, boss, who are they any way?" Konohamaru asked, looking over at me. By the way they're staring at him..."Ah!" Konohamaru grinned, "I get it. You're a smooth operator, boss." Konohamaru laughed, "Uh..." Naruto's face was as red as a tomato. "Come on, I know that they're your...'significant other'." Konohamaru giggled, Naruto rubbed the back of his neck, "Huh?!" My face turned pink as I clenched my fists, "Well, you could tell they're really crazy about me, huh?" Naruto grinned, "IDIOT!" I shouted, hitting Naruto in the side of his face, I sent him flying into a wooden gate. "What kind of lover are you?!" Konohamaru shouted at me, I glared down at him with burning (E/C) orbs. Moegi and Udon ran over to Naruto, "I think they cracked him!" Moegi gasped, "Oh no! We gotta check his pulse!" Udon bent down to him. "You're a witch! And you're ugly too!" Konohamaru shouted at me, I was fuming. I cracked my knuckles menacingly as I stomped over to him. "GAH!" He yelped, quivering.

"Hmph!" I stomped away, "Konohamaru, are you okay?" Udon asked, looking at him toppled down on the floor, two large lumps growing on the top of his head. Naruto slowly climbed back up on his feet. "I don't even think they're human!" Konohamaru gasped, holding his head. "Did you see how weird their face was-huh?" I stopped, dead in my tracks, balling my hands into fists. I slowly turned around to them, an evil grin painted on my face. Breathing heavily, I dashed towards them, they screamed as they ran for dear life. "AH!" Konohamaru gasped, falling back down on his , I was about to grab a hold of Naruto. "Huh?" I looked up. Two people stood in the path, Konohamaru had banged into his leg. "Uh?" Naruto looked over at him, Sakura watched from a distance. "Do you need something?" The boy grunted, a girl stood close to his side, her hand on her hip.

"Alright, thank's for the report, Kakashi-sensei." Iruka nodded, glancing over the papers Kakashi put on the desk. "Hey, uh, how's Naruto and (Y/N) doing? Are they getting along okay with the other students?" Iruka asked him with a smile, "Well, uh, little by little." Kakashi looked over to the side. "It's been so busy around here. I haven't seen them since they got back from the mission to the Land Of the Waves. I'm a little worried about them." Iruka shuffled through the papers. "Uh...y'know, Sasuke's also in our group. Naruto sees him as a rival, which puts a constant strain on the group. But that also pushes them to excel, so the two of them are making amazing progress. Some day, their skills may be so strong, they'll match the person the respect most in the world, you." Kakashi smiled, Iruka was blushing. "You don't say, heh." Iruka smiled up at him.

"Konohamaru!" Naruto gasped, the boy was holding Konohamaru in the air by his scarf, the girl frowned. "So, does this hurt punk?" He grinned, Konohamaru gasped for air. "Put him down, Kankuro. Or you know you'll pay for it, later." She had worry etched onto her face. I took a step closer. "Hey, you better take your hands off of him right now!" I shouted, Kankuro looked over at me, his eyes widening slightly. So, these are the Leaf Village's genin? "We've got a few more minutes before he gets here, let's mess with these, punks, huh?" Kankuro grinned, Konohamaru grunted. "Let go of me, jerk!" Konohamaru kicked around, "You're feisty, but not for long." "Put him down!" I growled, running towards him with my fists clenched, Naruto was close behind me. "Gah!" I gasped, something wrapped around my leg, it pulled me closer to Kankuro. "So, you're a leaf genin too? Looks like your village is full of wimps." Kankuro grinned down at me, I gritted my teeth, kicking my leg around. "That's it! Drop them now, or I'll tear you apart! You got that, fool?!" Naruto shouted, pointing at Kankuro, I couldn't seem to break my leg free. "Hey, if you stop struggling around-" I kicked around wildly, just in spite of him. He gritted his teeth, a violet tug and I went tumbling towards him. "You're annoying, all of you." Kankuro lost his grin, he held onto my arm tightly. "Ha, speak for yourself. The only annoying one I see here is you!" I grinned, looking at him with gritted teeth. "I don't like runts, or any other scrawny weaklings, so when a wimp like this starts shooting off his mouth..." Kankuro's eyes shot daggers at Naruto. "Ow!" Konohamaru cried out as Kankuro tightened his grip on his scarf, "...I just wanna break him in half!" Moegi and Udon cried, whimpering as they looked up at Konohamaru struggling to get out of Kankuro's hold. "Fine, fine. But I'm not involved in any of this, okay?" The girl behind him sighed, Sakura was staring Kankuro down, she ran over as fast as she could. What's this guys problem? This is getting ugly! "First, I'll take care of this little squirt." Kankuro looked over at Konohamaru, he let go of my arm, but his hand was still out in the air, I dropped to the ground, "Then I'll waste the other one!" Kankuro formed a fist, reeling his arm back, "No!" Naruto shouted, starting to run towards him. In a flash, something zoomed by my face, hitting Kankuro right in his arm! He dropped Konohamaru, he fell to the ground, gasping for air. "Huh?!" Kankuro gasped, holding onto his bleeding hand as he turned around, Sasuke was high up in a tree, leaning against it's trunk. He played with another stone in his hand. "You're a long way from home, and you're way out of your league." He looked down at Kankuro, anger shone through his black orbs. I scattered back to my feet, Konohamaru ran towards Naruto. I clenched my fists furiously. "Oh, great, another wimp to tick me off." Kankuro seethed, Sasuke clenched the rock in his hand, turning it into dust. "Get lost." He looked down at Kankuro, pure hatred on his face. "So cool!" Sakura gushed, her face turning pink. "How come you're not cool like that?" Konohamaru pointed at Naruto, his hand on his hip. "Ah, what do ya mean, I could of knocked that guy out in two seconds flat!" Naruto chuckled nervously, "Hmph!" Konohamaru turned his head away from him. Sasuke! You're always trying to make me look bad in front on every one! Naruto growled. "Hey, punk, get down here." Kankuro called out, putting his hand on his hip. "You're the kind of pesky little snot I hate the most, all attitude and nothing to back it up." Kankuro grinned, pulling bandages out from the large thing he had tied to his back, I watched intently. "What? Are you going to use the Crow for this?!" The girl chimed in again, clenching her fists.

"Kankuro, back off." A voice called out from above, Sasuke's eyes widened slightly. I looked up at the tree. "You're an embarrassment to our village." He spoke again, his eyes on Kankuro. "Oh...uh...h-hey t-there, Gaara!" Kankuro stammered, h-how did he get there? He didn't make a sound. Only jonin at Kakashi's level are that smooth, I looked up at his face. His eyes slowly shifted to mine, he froze as did I.

"I have summoned you here for a very important purpose." Lord Hokage called out, the room became silent. "Seeing your fellow jonin here, I'm sure you realize what this is all about." He looked around the room. "So soon? I thought we'd have a little more time." Kakashi answered back, putting his hands in his pockets. "I take it all the other lands have been notified about the coming event. I noticed some of their genin have already arrived here in the village." Asuma called out, a bent up cigarette between his lips. "And when do we start?" Kurenai asked, her red eyes darting around the room. "We will begin in one week." Hokage answered back with a nod. "That's pretty short notice." Kakashi's eye widened. "Take heed. Exactly seven days from today, on the first of July, the genin will be gathered and tested. Only the very best will be selected as jonin."