Chapter Forty Four: Byakugan Battle, Hinata Grows Bold

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

I opened up the bottle, sniffing the lid. "Hm, it doesn't smell too bad." I looked down at it, scooping a bit on my finger. "Hey, Naruto, come here for a bit." I called for him, "Huh? What's up?" He asked, taking a step closer to me. I smudged a big wod on the ointment on his nose, laughing. "Hey! Knock it off!" He shouted, waving his hands around, but almost suddenly he stopped. His eyes began to droop down, he sat down on the ground. "What's the matter Naruto?" I asked him, kneeling down. "Huh? Oh, nothin. Guess that battle with Kiba took a lot more out of me then I thought." His voice was getting softer. I picked the glob of ointment off of his nose as he fell down to the ground, I looked back at the bottle. It's more powerful then I thought. I stuffed it back into my pocket. 

Hinata walked down the stairs, catching Kiba half way through the door. "Um....Kiba." She called out to him, the medics stopped, Kiba looked over at her. Hinata held a bottle up, it was green. "Here's some......healing ointment......" She called out, "It's for you and Akamaru." Hinata nodded. "Heh. Forget about us. It's time you start worrying about yourself, Hinata." Kiba answered back with a smile. Hinata tilted her head, "What do you mean?" She asked, Kiba shifted, turning his head so he could see her better. "Only eight left. Just you, (Y/N),Choji, Neji, Lee, and then there's that guy from the sound, and those two creeps from the sand villages." Kiba explained, starting to climb up on his elbows. "Listen to me, be smart." Kiba's face turned serious in an instant. Hinata shifted uneasily. "If they put you in with that guy from the sand village, you've got to forfeit the match. Same goes with Neji, be smart and walk away." Kiba looked up to her, worry struck her face. "Trust me, they'll be merciless. He'll destroy you."

The paramedics continued out the door, Hinata watched, looking down at the small bottle in her hands. She turned away, walking back up the stone stairs.

"Alright, we'll now pick the names for the next match." Hayate called out, everyone's attention was gathered, we all looked up at the screen. It flickered on, the names shuffling, it was quicker than the last few rounds. 

HINATA HYUGA VS. NEJI HYUGA

Hinata's eyes widened as she read the screen, her breath turning uneasy. Lord Hokage rubbed his chin. This should be an interesting match indeed. 

Neji stepped out into the field, Hinata cautiously went down the stairs, turning to face him as she stood in the arena. They faced each other, Hayate held his clipboard, writing a check mark next to Kiba's name. 
"I never thought that you and I would have to face each other, Hinata." Neji said slowly, looking her in the eye. Hinata looked down at her feet. "Nor I, brother."

"Brother? Those two are brother and sister?" I wondered out loud, Sakura turned to me. "It shouldn't be so surprising. They aren't the only siblings in the room, are they (Y/N)?" Sakura mumbled, her arms crossed. "What do you mean?" I asked her, she pointed across the way at Mikio. I gritted my teeth. Kakashi cleared his throat. "They're both descended from the Hyuga Clan." Kakashi broke the awkward silence between me and Sakura. "One of the oldest and most honorable families of the hidden leaf village. They're not actually brother and sister." Kakashi explained, I turned back around to him. "Oh, but they're related somehow, right?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. "Yes. In the way the branches of a great tree are related to it's trunk. Technically, they're more like cousins." Kakashi gave a small nod, "The trunk of a tree?" Sakura asked, tilting her head. Lee spun around on his heel, I looked over at him. "Yes, Hinata belongs to the family main house hold, directly descended from the head of the clan. While Nejis family is just a side branch of the clan." Lee explained, pointing a finger up to the ceiling. "Still, they're family and they have to fight each other." Sakura looked back down at the arena. "I feel for them, it must be hard." Sakura gave a small sigh. "It's a lot easier then you think." I mumbled under my breath, looking across at Mikio. "Yes, but...." Lee paused, Sakura turned to him. "But what?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "It may not be as hard as it seems. I have heard that for many generations now there has been some bad blood between the two families." Lee tapped his chin. "Hmm. Why is that?" Sakura asked. "I have never known the specifics, but you know about the great clans like the Uchiha and the (L/N), special techniques and abilities are unique to those families. The first generation of the Hyuga clan made all sorts of rules and decrees that favour the main branch of the family, it seems some branches of the family broke these rules." Lee looked up, "Huh?" Both me and Sakura tilted our heads. "It is said that because of that, there has been friction between the branches of the clan." Lee explained, looking back down at the arena. "So it's like this match is a family feud."

Hinata kept her eyes down, a frown on her face as she looked down at her hands. "Look, they're about to start." Kakashi called from behind, I turned my head down to see.

"Alright, you may begin when ready." Hayate called out, taking a step back. "Before we do this," Neji called out, Hinata kept her eyes on the ground. "A word of advise. Hinata, listen to me." Hinata looked up at him. "Withdraw now and never speak to (Y/N) again, and then I'll leave you in peace. You know you were never meant to be here." Neji squinted his eyes as he looked down on her, Hinata's eyes widened, she took a small quivering breath. "You aren't strong enough. You seek harmony and avoid conflict, you allow yourself to be easily swayed by others." Hinata looked down at the ground. "Admit it. You have no confidence. You feel inferior to everyone else here, it would've been simpler for you to just remain a Genin. But to register for the chunin exams, you need a team of three people. You never even wanted to take part in these exams, but Shino and Kiba did, and you couldn't bear to let your teammates down. Could you." "N-No! Y-You're wrong, you're wrong." Hinata shook her head, "I wanted......I had to find out. I did it because I wanted to see if I could change."

Kurenai looked down at her. Hinata.......

Her soft breath padded the floor, she was on her knees, gasping for air. Her fingers were tightly clutched around a kunai. Her hair was soaked in sweat. "Stand up, Hanabi." Her father commanded, looking down at her quivering on the floor. Kurenai was in the doorway of the room. Her arms shook as she struggled to pick herself off of the floor, Hanabi's elbows went crashing down to the hard wooden planks. Kurenai looked over to Hiashi. "Very well then. I will take Hinata under my wing. But are you....sure that's what you want?" She asked, Hiashi kept his head turned, watching Hanabi struggle. He stayed quiet. "She is your first born and heir to your household. The life of a genin can be dangerous and brief." Kurenai explained, Hiashi furrowed his brow. "Do what you will." He said sternly, Kurenai's eyes widened. Hanabi stood up with shaking legs, "She is of less worth than her sister, five years her junior." Hiashi stared intensely down at Hanabi. "The Hyuga clan has no use for such an heir." Kurenai turned her head away. Hanabi stood up, gasping for air as she held the kunai closely to her chest. "If you have nothing more to say, we have work to do. Leave us now." Kurenai turned towards the door way, "Alright." She stepped out, Hinata stood there, waiting. Kurenai looked over at her, a frown on her lips.

Hinata has struggled to become what she wanted to be, Kurenai thought, looking down at her now in the arena. \

"Hinata, you are the pampered offspring of the Hyuga clans main branch." Neji spat out at her, she looked up at him. "W-What?" She quivered, "People can't change no matter how hard they try." Neji said in a harsh tone, Hinata's eyes widened. "They can't run away from their true nature. A failure will always be a failure."
I clenched my fingers tightly around the railing, gritting my teeth as I looked down at Neji, anger was pumping through my veins. Listen to this guy. I thought, squinting my eyes as I looked down at him.

Neji looked into Hinata's eyes. "People are judged on their true nature, that is the way of the world. That is why we have the elite, and that is why we have outcasts." Hinata's shoulders shook as she listened, "We can change our physical appearance, improve our skills at training and study, but ultimately we are judged by what we cannot change." Hinata started to shake, tears peaking at the corners of her eyes. "What can't be changed must be endured, we are who we are Hinata, and we must live with it." Hinata's bottom lip quivered. "Just as I must live with the fact that you were born into the elite of our clan, while I am from a lesser branch." I growled lowly, listening to Neji, my knuckles turning white as I held onto the railing tightly. "You and I understand these things because I can see the world clearly with my Byakugan. Despite your brave words, what you're really thinking is that you'd like to run. Run as far away from here as you can." Hinata shook her head, a hand on her chest. "N-No! You're wrong.....you're wrong about me!" Hinata gasped out.

"Byakugan?" Sakura wondered, turning to Kakashi. "It's the kekkei genkai or blood line trait of the Hyuga. A visual jutsu, like (Y/N)'s Daigan. In fact, they say that the Byakugan was derived from the Daigan some time long ago. But the shear power of insight, the Byakugan is the stronger of the two."

"Byakugan!" Neji's voice cut through Kakashi's voice, Sakura spun around, her eyes wide as she looked down at the match. 
Veins popped out around Neji's face, he furrowed his brow as he looked over to Hinata. Hinata shook, clenching her fists as she held them close to her chest. Her breath was uneven, her feet shifting under his gaze. She curled up a finger, placing it lightly on her bottom lip. She avoided his eyes, looking up at the ceiling, moving them down to the ground, she stood frozen. "My eye's cannot be deceived." Neji called out, Hinata gasped as she snapped her head towards him. "Just one moment ago, in the slightest of movements, your gave shifted towards the upper left corner of the room." Neji spoke in a loud, harsh tone. Hinata gulped. "I saw, at that moment, you were thinking of your past. Your bitter past. And then, almost immediately after, your gaze drifted to the lower right. It was a mere flicker of the eyes, but to me it revealed all of your mental and physical suffering." Hinata was frozen, ajar as she listened to Neji. "You see your old self, you're wondering if your life has prepared you for this moment. You're picturing the outcome of the battle. You see your self loosing."

My shoulders tensed, my hand tightly squeezed around the bottle, the other on the railing. I furrowed my brow as I looked down at Neji, my heart was racing and my blood was pumping. I wanted to go down there and punch him straight in the face.

"And the way you're holding your arms in the front of your body like that." Hinata's stance tensend, "It's telling my that you're trying to build a wall between us. To keep me at bay. You want to keep me from raiding the deepest recesses of your mind, and why?" Neji took a small pause. "Because everything I've said is true. Shall I go on?" Neji squinted his eyes, tears started to blind Hinata's vision.

I could feel the bottle start to cave in under my hand, the railing starting to dent.

"That familiar gesture of putting your finger to your lips, I know that's a desperate attempt to suppress your rising panic. Made all the more desperate because you know it's futile." Sweat beaded down her forehead. "It's all futile, Hinata. You are what you are. Whether you admit it or not, you already know."

"That does it!" I screamed out, leaning over the railing, my eyes furiously glancing down at Neji. Neji slowly turned his head back to me, Hinata gasped as she looked up. A pain struck into my neck, I gritted my teeth, ignoring it. "Who gives you the right to tell her what she can or cannot be?! Go on Hinata! Show this guy he's wrong!" I shouted out, raising a fist, Hinata's eyes widened as she stared at me. 
(Y/N)......Hinata thought, shocked. Sakura looked over at me, Lee standing close to my side. Kakashi let out a quiet chuckle. Another pain rocketed through my neck, I slapped a hand on my curse mark, grimicaning at the pain. "Hinata!" I shouted out to her, "You're just going to stand there and take that?! Do something! You're driving me crazy!" 

Hinata looked down at her feet, a shadow moving across her eyes. She stayed silent. You're right.....Hinata thought. Neji turned his head away, annoying. He thought with a frown. "Hm." Neji looked back over at Hinata. She clenched her fists by her sides. You're right, (Y/N). She looked back up at Neji. Thank you. 
Neji straightened up, the look in her eyes have changed. (Y/N)'s words have moved her. He shook his head. "If you don't forfeit the match, you know what will happen." Hinata ignored him, closing her eyes. She drew her sleeves back, clasping her hands together in front of her chest. I wont run away. She quickly made her hands signs. Never again. No more hiding. "Byakugan!" Hinata gasped out, her milky white eyes flaring to life. 

Hinata took a step to the side, extending her other leg out, she took a strong stance. She held her elbow pointed out, her hand down, while the other had it's palm pointed towards Neji. 
"Defend yourself, my brother." Hinata called out, staring Neji down.

Lee's eyes widened, "Huh." He whispered, that is.....

Neji copied her stance, squinting his eyes as he looked at her. "Very well then." He answered back.

"Of course...." Lee called out, I turned my head over to him. "It is the Hyuga style. That is why their poses are the same." Lee gave himself a small nod, Sakura peeked over my shoulder. "Hyuga style?" She wondered. "It is the most effective type of Taijutsu found in our village."

Hinata and Neji's eyes locked together, the pounced at each other. "Ah!" Hinata breathed out, her attack was blocked by Neji's palm. Her hands moved lightning fast, chakura filling the air around them, she moved swiftly. Neji blocked her attacks, taking the opportunity to counter them. Hinata moved her shoulder out of the way, watching his hands as they came speeding towards her, she bent back wards, twisted to the side, and dodged all of the incoming attacks. She sped her palm towards him, he blocked it with his forearm. They went back and fourth, blocking and attacking until Hinata found an opening. She distracted him with a high attack, bending her knees as she went to struck him below. Now! She thought, her eyes widening as she went to strike the blow. Neji's eyes widened, he moved back, but not in time. Hinata's hand graze the front of his jacket as he jumped back. Neji gritted his teeth, quickly regaining his stance. Hinata twisted back.

"Did she get him?" Sakura gasped out, leaning on the railing. "No way! She hardly touched him!" I squinted my eyes, trying to see. "Even so, a glancing blow is enough." Lee explained, "That is what makes the Hyuga clan so powerful." Sakura turned around to him, "What does?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "What are you talking about?" She continued to question. 
Guy cut in. "Their Taijutsu is a unique one that has been passed down for generations. It's not the kind of Taijutsu Lee and I employ. We tend to concentrate on inflicting external damage. We use striking blows to raise contusions and break limbs, pounding our enemy. The Hyuga way is to attack their opponents internal organs through the chakra network, in which the chakra flows. Their way is more subtle. Perhaps not as thrilling to watch, but it gradually takes affect, with devastating results." Guy explained to us, Sakura's mouth opened wide as she watched Neji and Hinata take selective steps to the side.
"You see, you can't build up your internal organs, no matter how hard you train. Even the toughest ninja is vulnerable to this kind of attack." Kakashi added, Guy looked over to him.

Hinata and Neji's eyes were locked on one another, their palms facing each other as they stepped around in a circle. Lee's gaze intensened.
They took another pounce towards each other, their palms swishing through the air as they attacked. A rich sense of chakra filled the air, rising up into the stands, every one there could feel it. Hinata dodged another attack, her shoulder blocking her. I can do this! She thought, encouraging herself as she took a closer step, pushing an attack Neji's way.

She's giving him all he can handle. Shino thought, looking down at them. Hinata....Kurenai's eyes widened as she watched her fight.
"Hinata! Way to go!" I cheered her on, Sakura's face turned pale. "They attack the chakra network?" Sakura watched with awe, I turned my head over to her. "These people are amazing." Sakura said with a nod. "You could say that again." "What's the chakra network, anyway?" Naruto cut in between us, Sakura jumped back with a squeak. "W-When did you wake up?!" Sakura gasped out, Naruto tilted his head to the side with a yawn, his eyes dropped down. "Geeze, Naruto. Don't you know anything?" I sighed, crossing my arms. Naruto sat on the ground, looking up to me, he leaned his back on the railing, he looked tired. "Here we go again." I knelt down to him, sitting comfortably on the ground. "The chakra network is the complex system of circulatory canals that distribute chakra through out the body. Similar to a persons vascular system, the veins and arteries that carry blood." I explained, Naruto nodded, crossing his arms. "Oh, I get it. So these veins carry chakra, not blood." "Uh...basically." I shrugged, "Furthermore, the chakra network is so closely interwoven with all the most vital internal organs, that they are virtually one and the same. Therefore, when the organs are attacked, these suffer damage as well." I pointed my palms up to the ceiling, "Wow, (Y/N). How'd you ever get to be so smart?" He asked, "Idiot!" Sakura shouted out, "How did you ever get to be a genin?!" "Ow!" Naruto cried as Sakura rolled her knuckles into the top of his head. 

Lee twitched slightly, his fists clenched as he watched, his eyes blazing. Guy looked over to him. It's no wonder why Lee is getting so riled up. He's watching his oldest competitor and rival Neji. 
"But sensei, how do they know where to strike their opponent?" Sakura asked, looking up as Kakashi. Kakashi turned to her, "I mean, the chakra network is invisible to the eye, right? So how do they know where exactly to land their blows?" Sakura wondered, Kakashi put his hands in his pockets. "You're forgetting their Byakugan. Their are few things invisible to those eyes." Kakashi explained, turning his attention back to the battle. "Once more, when they strike a blow, it's a little more different then a normal attack. A small, intense, burst of their chakra is released from their palm, it drills into the opponents body, directly attack his chakra network." 

Hinata went for a strike, her hand went straight towards Neji. Everything fell silent as they stood there. "Yeah! Get him!" I shouted out. Did she get him? Shino wondered, watching closely. 

Silence filled the room, I gasped as I saw.........

To be continued.................