Chapter Three: Pass or Fail, Survival Test

Trapped! (ReaderXYandereVariousNaruto)

"He's late." Naruto mumbled, looking out the door of the classroom. "Naruto! Just sit down!" Sakura shouted at him. "Yeah, he'll get here eventually." I agreed with a yawn, leaning back on the table. It was just the four of us in the classroom. "I don't want to! How come our teachers the only one that's late? I'm ready to roll, believe it!" Naruto turned back around to face us. "The other groups already met their new teachers and took off on some adventure or something, and Iruka-sensei gone too!" Naruto complained, I rubbed my eyes, wanting to take a nap. "We know, okay?" Sakura said bitterly. "Hey! What are you doing?!" Sakura shouted. I turned my head to see Naruto placing the chalkboard eraser in the crack of the door. "Nice!" I said with a giggle, getting up to have a closer look. "Naruto!" Sakura exclaimed, putting her hands on her hips. "That's what he gets for coming late! Surprise!" Naruto and me chuckled, standing out of the way from the door. "You're asking for trouble, you know you shouldn't do that." "Sorry mom!" I grinned, high fiving Naruto from behind. "Our teachers a Jounin, an elite ninja, you think he'd fall for that?" Sasuke looked away, but I could see a small smile tugging on his lips, he wanted it to happen as much as the rest of us. "Yeah, Sasuke right! You two are so clueless!' Sakura looked at us with an annoyed face. " Yeah, sure, I know that your just as curious as we are Sakura!" I grinned at her. We all got quiet as we saw a hand go through the crack of the door, Naruto and I were already starting to laugh. It fell…….direct hit.

Naruto and I erupted in laughter. "We got him!" Naruto laughed, pointing at out new teacher. "He totally fell for it!" I leaned on Naruto shoulder, giggling. "I'm sorry sensei, I told them not to do it, but they wouldn't listen! I'd never do anything like that." Perfect shot! Sakura's face was red as she tried to hold in her laughs. He actually fell for that cheap trick? Is this guy really a Jounin? Sasuke looked at him judgingly. The teacher picked the eraser up, "Hm. How do I put this? My first impression of this group: You're a bunch of idiots." He said calmly, throwing the eraser to the side.

"All right, why don't you introduce yourselves one at a time?" He asked, leaning on the railing. "Introduce ourselves? Well, what are we supposed to say?" Sakura asked curiously. "Things you like, things you hate, dreams for the future. Hobbies. Things like that." He explained, moving his hands as he talked. "Why don't you tell us stuff first? I mean, before we talk, tell us about you, so we can see how its supposed to work." Naruto looked at him with a cute look...wait did I just think he looked cute?!

"Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate...I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future....never really thought about it. As for my hobbies...I have lots of hobbies. Okay your turn." Kakashi-sensei looked at us with a dull look. "On the right, you first." "Believe it. I'm Naruto Uzumaki. I like instant ramen, and I really like the ramen Iruka-sensei got me and (Y/N) and the Ichiraku noodle shop. But I hate the three minutes you have to wait when you pour water in the ramen cup." Naruto explained, Kakashi looked like he stopped listening after Naruto said his name. "My hobby is eating different kinds of ramen, and my future dream is to be the greatest Hokage! Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me and start treating me like I'm somebody!" "All right. Next." Kakashi looked at me. "My names (Y/N) (L/N)---" Kakashi moved slightly as he heard my last name. "And I like to eat ramen with Naruto and hang out with my friends! I really like my friend Kale," I explained, pulling him out from my headband. He was fast asleep. A snake? Kakashi eyed Kale suspiciously. "And I hate... I hate how people don't like me because of my last name! My hobbies are reading and training with Kale! My dream for the future is to...is to...well I don't know yet." I looked down at Kale, he curled around my hand, I shook him awake. He must be well rested by now. "Okay." Kakashi- sensei said with a yawn. "I'm Sakura Haruno. What I like...uh...I mean, the person I like is...uh, my hobbies are...uh..." Sakura was blushing as she looked at Sasuke. "My dream for the future is...~!" Sakura squealed into her hands. "And? What do you hate?" Kakashi asked Sakura, "(Y/N)!" Sakura shouted. I looked down at the ground. "Last one." Kakashi sighed. "My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and the things I like...well it's not that important right now." I saw Sasuke's eyes flicker over to me and then back at his hands. "What I have is not a dream because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan and destroy a certain someone." Sasuke's tone turned light to dark in a matter of seconds. Gee, uh, I hope he doesn't mean me... I shivered, hoping I wasn't on his To Destroy list. Sasuke is so hot~  Sakura was still blushing. Just as I thought. Kakashi thought to himself. "Good. You're each unique, and you have your own ideas. We'll have our first mission tomorrow" Kakashi explained to us all. "Uh, what kind of mission are we going to have?" Naruto asked excitedly. "It's a task the five of us will do together." "What, what, what, what?!" Naruto asked impatiently. "A survival exercise." Kakashi was starting to get annoyed by Naruto persistence.

"Huh? A survival exercise?" Naruto turned his head to the side. "I thought we were supposed to have a real mission, not more practice! We already did this stuff at the academy, that's how we got here." Sakura complained, Kakashi crossed his arms. "This is not like your previous training." Kakashi-sensei explained. "So, what kind of training is it then?" I asked, starting to get confused. Kakashi started to crack up, putting his head down as he laughed. What did I say that was so funny? I looked at him questioningly. "Hey, hold on. That's a normal question, what's so funny?" Sakura crossed her arms, starting to get annoyed that Kakashi wasn't telling us straight answers.

"Heh, well, if I tell you the answer, you're not going to like it." Kakashi smiled from underneath his mask. "Of the 28 graduates who just came here, only ten will actually be accepted as Genin. The other 18 will be weeded out and sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a make it or break it, pass-fail test, and the chance that you'll fail is at least 67%." Kakashi explained calmly to our shocked faces. "See? Didn't I tell you you wouldn't like it?" Kakashi rested his hands back in his pockets.

"That's crazy! We worked hard to get here! Believe it! What was that graduation test for anyway?" Naruto complained, looking at Kakashi angrily. "Oh, that. That was just to select the candidates who might become Genin---or not." Kakashi looked up at the sky as a bird flew past. "What?!" Naruto said in disbelief. "That's how it is, I decide whether you pass or fail. Be at the designated training spot at 5:00 am, and bring your ninja gear." Kakashi-sensei said in a more serious tone, Well, I'm not going to be weeded out! I've got to pass this test! I bit down on my bottom lip, telling my self that I can do this.

If I fail, I'll be separated from Sasuke. This is a trail of love. Sakura looked intensely at the floor. I will do this...for (Y/N).... Sasuke thought to himself, clasping his hands together in thought. "That's it. You're dismissed. Oh, tomorrow you better skip breakfast, or else you'll puke." Kakashi-sensei said before leaving, Oh no! I'm always hungry in the morning! I gulped.

Yawning, I marched up my front steps, Kale swirled around. "We've got to wake up early tomorrow for our test, you have to sleep all night tonight, okay Kale?" I asked him, feeling as he slithered down off my arm and onto the ground. I pushed my door out of the way, closing it with a heavy slam, I slowly made my way towards my bed room. I told myself to go straight to bed, no reading before. I nodded, blowing out the candle I left running all day, the entire bowl was a melted mess. I plopped down on my soft rock bed, stretching out comfortably. I drifted off to sleep.

"Are you okay?!" I jumped as I heard the unexpected voice, warm hands cupped the side of my face, moving my head around to check all over my neck. "H-Hey! Get off!" I shouted, pushing the guy in front of my away. I crossed my arms, it was unusual for him to make two check ins in a row. It's always super annoying when he comes. "Is that any way to speak to me?" He asked angrily, putting his hands on his hips. "I don't even know who you are!" I exclaimed, crossing my arms. "I'd think by now that you would at least have an idea who I am. You don't know how impatient I can be!" He said, tapping his foot on the floor. I thought back to when Iruka took me and Naruto out to get ramen.....

I shifted on the stool, watching Naruto gorge himself on his favorite pork ramen, I turned my head back to my bowl, deep in thought. "What's the matter (Y/N)?" Iruka-sensei asked, looking over at me with a worried face. "Is it true, Iruka-sensei, about what Mizuki said about my father?"  I couldn't eat, He was the worst ninja to ever grace the village! His words were impossible to shake off. Iruka sighed, crossing his arms. "Mizuki was lying the entire time, you should just forget about what he said...." Iruka trailed off, but I could tell he was trying to hold the entire truth from me. "Your father, when ever I saw him, he was always kind to me....but...." A shadow covered his eyes, Naruto stopped eating, looking at the two of us with a worried face. "That night the nine tailed fox attacked, in the confusion and panic, he also attacked....." Iruka explained, I looked over to him with a confused face. "You shouldn't worry to much about it!" Iruka turned to me with a smile, I smiled back, knowing that I wouldn't get my answers from him.

"You're my dad?" I looked at him, tilting my head to the side. Short (H/C) locks clung tightly around his head, (E/C) orbs glared down at me, I shivered. Half of his face covered by a dark, tight fitting mask, a black cloak with blood red clouds loosely hung from his shoulders. I pointed an accusing finger at him, anger swelled up inside of me. "What the hell did you do? And why did you run away?! Is my mom truly dead?! What about brother, is he still alive?!" I stomped on the ground, he crossed his arms. "Such an unruly child, how dare you speak to your own father in such a way. Do you have an manners?" He huffed, turning his half covered face away from me. "Manners? Look who's talking, barging into my dreams, complaining about how weak I am, leaving me alone, to fend for myself!" I clenched my fists, shouting at him wildly. "I don't care if you're my father or not, you're low life scum, and I hate you!" He went silent. 

"I"m sorry I shouldn't of yelled at you, please forgive me (Y/N)!!" He cried, putting his hands on my shoulders. What the hell is he doing? "I've had a bad, a bad day, that's all! I shouldn't of yelled at you, I will never yell at you again! Okay, my sweet daughter!" Words came streaming out of his mouth, I couldn't understand half of them. "Um....okay......sorry?" I said with a yawn, he darted his head up. "You must be tired! Of course you're tired, I've been keeping you from your rest. You've got a big day tomorrow, don't you? I'll let you go back to sleep!" He smiled under his mask, something seemed really off about him. I watched as he evaporated into the darkness, how could he completely change his attitude in a matter of seconds? There is something seriously wrong about that guy. 

I felt myself pushed awake. I sat up on my bed, rubbing my eyes as I lazily searched for a match on my bed side tabled. I grabbed ahold of the thin the stick, striking it my arm. A small flame lit on top of it. With my free arm, I pulled out a new candle, lighting it up. No breakfast...but I'm really hungry! But, I don't puke up in front of everyone.... I thought to myself as I moved around my room, getting ready for the day. I can do this! I will pass this test! I nodded, preparing myself for whats to come.

"Morning..." Sakura yawned as the four of us all met up, Naruto was trudging along, rubbing his eyes. We sat there, for what felt like an eternity, waiting for Kakashi-sensei to show up. The sun had already risen, it must be at least 8 am! "Morning everyone. Ready for your first day?" Kakashi called out, walking to us calmly with his hands in his pockets. "Hey! You're late!" Both me and Naruto shouted, annoyed by having to wait so long. "Well, a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." Kakashi said with a smile, I didn't believe a word he said. "Well...." He cleared his throat, "Let's get started."

"Huh?" We watched as Kakashi-sensei walked over to a tree stump, he placed a small alarm clock on it, we all watched him closely. "Here we go. It's set for noon." Kakashi nodded as he pulled out three identical bells from his pocket. "Your assignment is very simple. You just have to take these bells from me. That's all there is to it." Kakashi-sensei explained, holding the bells up in the air for us all to see. "If you can't get em' by noon, you go with out lunch." Me and Naruto looked at each other with worried eyes. "You'll be tied to those posts, and you'll watch while I eat my lunch in front of you. I held my grumbling stomach, looking down. So that's why he told us not to eat breakfast... I sighed, hungrily.

"Hey, wait a minute. There's four of us, so how come there's only three bells?" Sakura asked, placing her hand on her hip. "Heh, well, that way at least one of you will end up tied to a post and ultimately disqualified for failing to complete the mission. That one goes back to the academy." Kakashi rang the bells, as if he was mocking us with them, I clenched my fists. "Then again, all four of you could flunk out too. You can use any weapons, including shuriken. If you're not prepared to kill me, you won't be able to take the bells." Kakashi-sensei explained, putting the bells back down to his waist. "Those weapons are too dangerous, sensei!" Sakura said worriedly. "Ha! Especially since you couldn't even dodge that eraser!" Both me and Naruto started to crack up from yesterday, Sakura shook her head disapprovingly.  

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links. You can safely ignore them, lowest scores, losers." I turned my head away from him, crossing my arms angrily. "When I say start, you can begin." Naruto clenched his fists growling, I watched as he pulled a kunai out of his pocket before dashing towards Kakashi. "You idiot...." I mumbled under my breath. In a split second, Kakashi had Naruto's arm behind his head, holding him in place by his shoulder. Naruto struggled to get out of his grip. "Don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say start yet." He's so fast, I didn't even see it. I thought to myself, taking a step back. "But, you came at me with the full attention of destroying me, so---," Sasuke looked at him intently. "How can I say this? I'm actually starting to like you guys. Get ready...." He let go of Naruto, he stood back next to me. 

"And....start!" I took off as quickly as I could, hiding inside of a bush. I slowly breathed in and out, calming my self down. Wait...where did Naruto go? I asked myself, looking around with a confused look. Ninja must know how to conceal their movements, and hide effectively. Well, they understand that much, they've hidden well. Kakashi observed, but something else caught his attention. "Huh?" I exclaimed, watching Naruto stand in front of him in broad day light, I mentally face palmed. 

"You and me! Right now! Fair and square! Lets go!" Naruto shouted at Kakashi. What is that idiot doing?! He's going to get himself killed! I clenched my fists, starting to sink down into the ground. I left only my head revealed, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. "Hm?" Kakashi tilted his head to the side, "You know, compared to the others, you're a little bit weird." Kakashi-sensei said, composing himself. "Oh, yeah? The only thing weird here is your hair cut!" Naruto shouted, pointing at Kakashi's head. Burn! I thought, trying my best to hold back my laughter. Naruto charged towards Kakashi, I sunk underground while his attention was on Naruto, digging until I was right underneath him. He will never see me coming! I smiled to myself, listening to Naruto yell. 

Naruto suddenly stopped as Kakashi reached for something in his pocket, I quietly waited. " Shinobi battle technique, part one. Taijutsu---the physical art." Kakashi said, his eye glowing as he dug around in his pocket. Huh? Taijutsu, that's hand-to-hand combat! Then why is he reaching for a weapon? Naruto watched Kakashi intently, and to both of our surprise, he pulled out a book. Kakashi likes to read? I would of never guessed....I wonder what he's reading....

"What the?" Naruto clenched his fists, "What are you waiting for? Make your move." Kakashi watched him patiently. "But, I mean, why are you reading that book?" Naruto asked, starting to get annoyed by Kakashi-sensei's reading habits. "Why? To find out what happens in the story, of course. Don't let it bother you. With your weak attacks, it doesn't really matter if I'm reading or whatever." "I'M GOING TO CRUSH YOU!!!" Naruto screamed, charging towards Kakashi full force, I bent my knees, preparing to launch. 

Kakashi easily stopped Naruto's punch with his hand, I watched intently. Next, Naruto went for a kick, he easily dodged that as well. "Now you're mine!" Naruto shouted, but Kakashi seemed to disappear. "Huh?" "Don't let your enemy get behind you all the time." Kakashi crouched, I could feel him start to build up his chakura. Is that the sign of the tiger? Naruto's going to get destroyed! I gulped, clenching my fists, waiting for him to make his move. "Naruto! Get out of there quick he's going to destroy you!" I heard Sakura shout. "Too late." I gasped, holding a hand over my mouth to keep quiet. "Leaf village, secret finger jutsu!" Kakashi shouted, poking Naruto....in the . "A thousand years of death!" Kakashi-sensei shouted, flying Naruto off into the river. 

"That wasn't a hand sign at all...he just poked him..." Sakura mumbled. "Those two are just total idiots." Sasuke shook his head. I held my hand tighter to my mouth, That was priceless! "Okay, where was I..." Kakashi whispered to himself, opening his book back up. This may be the perfect time to attack, he's distracted by that book... I calmed myself down once again, clenching my fists as I stayed right underneath Kakashi. Suddenly two shuriken came flying out of the water towards Kakashi, he caught them with his fingers. 

Naruto climbed back onto the ground, completely soaked. "What are you doing now? You know, you won't get lunch unless you take a bell by noon." Kakashi looked over at Naruto, he was on his knees. "I know, I know! You told us already!" Naruto complained, when should I attack? Do I keep waiting for another opening when he is battling Naruto? I bit down on my bottom lip. "You look pretty wobbly for someone who's going to surpass the Hokage." Kakashi listened to Naruto's stomach growl. "You told us not to eat breakfast! How can I fight when I'm starving to death?!" I held my stomach, just hearing the word breakfast made me hungry. "So, you caught me off guard. That's all it was! Believe it!" Naruto shouted, flailing his fists in the air. Kakashi slowly started to walk away, I quietly followed him.  "I'm so hungry, I don't have any strength. But I can't let that stop me. I've got to get one of those bells, no matter what! I'll find the strength some how, believe it! I'm going to pass this test and I'm not going back to the academy! I will become a ninja!" Naruto shouted, and if it was their cue, seven shadow clones came jumping out of the river, could this be enough for Naruto to get one of the bells? I waited, listening.

"Ha ha! You're over confident, sensei! That's why you weren't ready for a shadow clone attack---my best jutsu!" Naruto shouted, charging towards Kakashi with all of his duplicates. Hm. Looks like the stories are true, he can create shadow clones. It's a forbidden skill and he defeated Mizuki with it. Kakashi put his book down. "Great technique. But I don't think you can maintain it for very long. You talk like you're the best, Naruto, but you're still the worst student. You can't beat me with this jutsu-----!" Kakashi-sensei jumped as Naruto jumped on his back, holding him in place. "Hehe, didn't you say, 'Don't let your enemies get behind you'? Good advice sensei, believe it." Naruto's clones jumped on Kakashi's legs holding him in place, I was so interested in what Naruto was doing, I almost forgot I too had to get one of the bells. "I had one of my clones come out of the river, then sneak up behind you super quiet. Now, this is for nailing me in the earlier!" Naruto shouted, forming a fist as he came down on Kakashi. "Now, you're mine, and so are those bells!" He shouted, but to Naruto's surprise, he punched himself! All of his clones toppled onto each other. "It's you! You're Kakashi-sensei, aren't you?! You transformed into me using a jutsu!" Naruto yelled at himself, they all started fighting each other, trying to find which one was Kakashi.

When the cloud of dust disappeared, Naruto was standing there alone with a huge bump on the side of his face. He got you with a replacement jutsu. Loser. With this jutsu, you quickly switch your own body with an object, so your enemy thinks he's attacking you, while he's actually attacking a log or rock, leaving him open to a counter attack. In this case, the Jounin let him self get caught then switched bodies with one of the Naruto clones. So Naruto thought he was nailing him, but actually he was just attacking him self. And that Jounin was so smooth, he made Naruto look like a total moron.  Sasuke thought to himself, looking down at Naruto from the tree he was hidden in. 

"Hm?" Naruto looked at the ground, his eyes widened as he saw one of Kakashi's bells lying in the grass. "A bell?" Naruto said in shock. "I must have got to him with my attack. He dropped a bell!" Naruto said with a goofy grin, he jumped on it. I shook my head, that is obviously a trap, idiot. Naruto screamed as he got tied up in a rope, hanging upside down from a tree. "Hey! Hey! Let me down! What is this?! Help!" Naruto shouted, trying to wiggle out of the rope trap. Kakashi-sensei doesn't let his guard down, even when he's fighting an idiot like Naruto. I gulped, deep in thought. Kakashi picked the bell back up with a sigh.

"Think before you use a jutsu, or else your opponent might use it against you. Oh, and also..." He held the bell tightly in his hand. "If the bait is obvious, don't take it." Kakashi said with a smile. "A ninja must see through deception," Naruto growled, wiggling in the air. "I....get...it!" Naruto shouted at him, "I'm telling you this because you don't get it," This is my chance! I readied my self. "You think you get it, which is not the same as actually getting it. Get it?" I jumped out of the ground, punching him in the face with a hard uppercut, Kakashi flew backwards, blood spewing from his head. "Ah! That was amazing (Y/N)!" Naruto's face lit up as I stood in front of him, "I'll get two bells for the both of us!" I smiled, watching Kakashi lay still in the grass.