Chapter 3: Brand New Girl

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

Jisoo's POV


"Why do you always let them bully you?", Y/N said while she's taking me to the canteen. "Here, eat."


She gave me half of her food and we ate together. Why is she so good to me? She's different than the others.


"Why are you being good to me?", I muttered under my breath.

"Why wouldn't I? You've done nothing bad.", she answered as the bell rung. "Let's go back to our rooms now."


I looked back at her while she's walking away from me. I don't deserve her as a friend.

 

 


Y/N POV


It's dismissal time already and I rushed to go to Jisoo's room. Both of us should go home together before the bullies are going to bully her again.


"Hey Jisoo!", I stopped her as she just went out from the door.

"Not this time Y/N.", she ran as fast as she could as I followed her to the field.

"Hey mix breed! Think you can escape from us?", Seonchu called for Jisoo.

"Stop calling her 'mix breed'! What do you want now?!", I pushed Seonchu as Jisoo stopped me.

"Y/N, please don't fight.", Jisoo hugged me making her head lean on my chest.

"You heard her Y/N? Don't mess up with me.", Seonchu pushed me on the mud together with Jisoo.


I dipped my hands on the mud to control my body's shaking. I made my hands cool through the mud.


"You seemed to eager to fight me Y/N.", Seonchu pulled me up. "You wanna fight me?"


A punch landed on my face making me taste the mud. This is solemn, I can't fight. All I could do is let myself concede and hear Jisoo's voice stopping the bullies.


"Please! Don't hurt her! Hurt me all you can! Not her!", Jihyo is kneeling in front of them.

"Seonchu! Let's go! Ms. Bae is going to see us!", the other bully grabbed Seonchu as they hid somewhere.


"Y/N! Are you okay?!", Jisoo cried.


Jisoo's tears cleaned the mud that was covering my face. Jisoo is indeed a goddess, my bruise felt lighter with her tears.


"Yah! Jisoo! Uljimayo! Let's just go home!", I slowly stood up for Jisoo not to worry too much.

"Let's go to the clinic first.", she pleaded as she wiped her tears.

"No need. My aunt's a nurse, I'll let her take care of this.", I smiled at her.


We walked home together as Jisoo is still silent. Why is she being a crybaby all the time? I don't want her to be weak.


"Jisoo.", I voiced out. "How about... We take martial arts?"

"Are you kidding me?", she laughed her first laugh for me.

"I'm not, I want you to be a strong and independent girl.", I told her.

"That idea's funny. Go inside your house now. Bye.", with that, she ran inside her house.

 

"What happened?! Why are you so dirty? You look like a rubbish on your first day of school!", my aunt was surprised on my appearance. "And, what's this?! Why do you have a scratch here?!"

"That's nothing auntie. I was just so clumsy.", I lied as my aunt believed me.

 

 

Jisoo's POV


Being with Y/N the whole week made me feel like I was not alone. Like, I got a friend to call on wherever she is. These days, it's not only me who got bullied, Y/N was being bullied too.


"Jisoo, why don't you hangout with Y/N tomorrow?", Mom said while we're eating dinner.

"Why? Are you going somewhere mom?", I asked excitedly.

"Nope. I just want you to socialize with a friend on a weekend.", mom smiled. "Wait, I'll call her aunt to set this up."


I went to my room and jumped on my bed. When that brand new girl came into my life, I realized that she opened so many doors for me. I'm complete.

 


"Jisoo! Let's play outside!", Y/N suddenly appeared on my room.

"Okay, let's go.", I said as she pulled me out.

"The two of you are going out now?", Mom smiled at us. "Here's a few bucks for you guys. Enjoy!"

"Thanks Mrs. Park! I'll take care of Jisoo! I'll make it sure that nothing bad will happen to her.", Y/N bowed in front of my mom.


We went on the playground where we first met each other. Y/N motioned me to sit on the other side of the seesaw where she was seated.


"Yah! Y/N! Why are we here? You know that Seonchu and his friends always come here every weekends!", I pouted as I looked around.

"There's no need to worry. I'm here. I'll protect you.", she lightened me up. "Cheer up. Smile."


We played on the playground for almost an hour and there's no sign of the bullies anywhere. Did Y/N scare them away?


"Who are you looking for?", Y/N's face appeared a few inches from my face making me shocked.

"Yah! Y/N! Don't scare me like that!", I pushed her away.

"Let's go buy ice cream there!", she grabbed me us I followed her. "What flavor do you want?"

"I'll take strawberry.", I smiled at her as I handed some paper bills. "Here's my money."

"Ah! No need! My aunt gave me some money for both of us.", she rejected me as she ordered. "One strawberry and one cookies and cream please!"


That was cute! She ordered for both of us and she's not even shy to talk to the seller. Her eyes were also shining when she saw the ice cream to be given for her. It's like a set of brand new eyes.


"You like cookies and cream Y/N?", I asked her as we ate our ice cream and walked towards our home.

"Yup! I'm sorry but I hate strawberry! No offense.", she chuckled. "It tastes like lipstick and I hate color pink."

"Reason accepted.", I pouted as we arrived home. "But seriously Y/N, why are the bullies not there?"

"I don't know.", she shrugged and looked away from my eyes. "I'll go home now!"

 


Monday morning is here again now. Bullies will bully me again sooner or later. I don't mind. I have this brand new girl who takes the risks together with me.


"Jisoo, I saw Y/N on the principal office.", my classmate whispered on my ear making me run as fast as I could.


I don't have to worry. Our teacher haven't arrived yet. I still have a lot of time. Y/N is too important for me.


"Oh! Park Jisoo! I was about to call you too.", our principal took her eyeglasses off. "All of you should wait here."

I looked at Y/N and the bullies who were separated while facing each other. I took a seat beside Y/N and held her hand.


"Are we in trouble?", I asked her.