Chapter 2: Raise Your Head

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

Y/N POV


"Suit yourself. Umm what's your name again?", the woman smiled at me.

"I'm Y/N.", I shyly bowed at the woman.

"Oh! By the way, you can go to my daughter's room while I cook for our dinner.", the woman said as she took a little baby from a crib. "Just knock on the second door upstairs."

"Nae. I'll go there ahjumma.", I smiled as I excitedly climbed the stairs.

"I hope that the two of you will be good friends!", the woman called out.


Knock knock! I knocked the door twice hoping for the woman's daughter to open the door immediately. Just as what I hoped for, the door opened revealing a girl. It's the girl that was bullied!


"Hey!", I waved at her without any expression on my face. "Your mom-"


She closed the door and I heard the lock clicked. Why is she being like this? I saved her but it seems like she wasn't pleased. Once again, the door opened as she motioned me to follow her.


"Am I interrupting you? I'm sorry. Your mom wants me to stay here for a moment since she have to cook dinner.", I sat on a chair as she went to her bed.


I received no answer from her. Is she deaf or mute? Or is she being rude? What should I ask her for me to be able to hear her voice?


"I'm Y/N. What's your name?", I asked her hoping for an answer but it seems like she's not going to answer my question.

"Ji-jisoo.", she hid her face with her blanket.

"Oh! Hi then Jisoo! I hope we can be friends!", I offered my hand for a handshake but she didn't took it.

"I can't be your friend.", she said coldly making me disappointed. "I don't need a friend."


Her world's cold. Her voice's cold. The room's cold. In conclusion, everywhere around here is a frozen spot.


"Why? Everyone needs a friend by their side.", I'm being a hypocrite.

"Stop! Please, don't force me.", she yelled, still hiding on her blanket.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your first impression for me.", I apologized to her. "But can I ask a favor Jisoo?"

"What do you want?"

"Show me your face and raise your head please.", I grinned.


She peeked a little to watch me. She came out from her blanket and immediately looked away.


"Kids! Come down now! Let's eat dinner!", Jisoo's mom called from downstairs.

"Oh! It seems like dinner is ready already! Let's go! I'm super duper hungry!", I grabbed her hand and she followed me.


"It seems like the two of you are getting along already!", Jisoo's mother smiled at us. "Let's eat now before Y/N's aunt will take her."


We ate dinner as I keep on glancing at Jihyo who doesn't really eat much. I also glanced at Jisoo's mother who looks at me with a teasing look.


"Y/N, how old are you?", Jisoo's mother asked me.

"I'm 6 years old ahjumma.", I continued eating.

"Ahh! Jisoo's 2 years older than you."


We continued eating until we're finished. Jisoo didn't bother to go back to her room as she's playing with her little sister. The doorbell rung indicating that there's a visitor, my aunt.


"Auntie!", I dashed towards her as she carried me with her arms.

"Thank you for taking care of my niece Mrs. Park.", she bowed at Jisoo's mother.

"Sure, no problem. We're neighbors and it seems like my little girl likes your niece. I would gladly want your niece to visit here often.", Jisoo's mother laughed and so did my aunt.

"My niece made a friend? Sure, she can come back here anytime. We have to go now. Bye!", we went out and walked back home.


"I'm so proud of you. You have a friend here already.", my aunt patted my head.

"But, we are not friends.", I shrugged as my aunt opened the door.

"What?"

"That girl said that she doesn't need any friend.", I pouted.

"You seemed so sad. That's what you're saying before. That will change.", she smiled at me. "You have to go to sleep now so you'll grow tall."

"Okay! Good night auntie!", I kissed her and went to my room.

 

 

Jisoo's POV


"Jisoo! Wake up! It's school time!", my mother held me up.


School, the place where I don't belong. The place where I'm always bullied. The place where I can't raise my head.


"I feel sick Mom. Can I be absent?", I acted sick as mom checked my temperature.

"Come on Jisoo. If you're not going to school, Y/N won't have a company for her first day in school. You're not that cruel, right?", mom sat beside me as I stood up and prepared myself.


People might be cruel for me but I can't be like that especially to a person who saved me from those cruel people.


"Annyeong Jisoo!", a warm smile from Y/N greeted me.

"The two of you should go now.", mom smiled at Y/N while she gave me my bag.


We walked together on the road to our school without talking to each other. I hope this silence would disappear. We're almost there now.


"It's sad that we're not classmates Jisoo.", Y/N pouted. "I want you to be my seatmate."


Why is she being too good to me? No one wants a big-eyed friend here in Korea. She's the only person who wants to befriend me.


"I'm afraid we'll be separating now Jisoo. I'm going to miss you.", Y/N hugged me as my eyes opened wider.

"D-do you already know where's your room?", I'm being concerned for her.

"Don't worry! I can manage! You have to go now or else you'll be late! Bye!", she left me. "See you later on recess Jisoo!"


She cannot see me on recess. It's the time that she shouldn't see me. I have to stay away from her during break times.

 


*RECESS TIME*


Instead of going to the canteen, I went to the gym to hide there. I'm unlucky, they found me here. The footsteps are getting nearer. It's my hatest part.


"You thought we wouldn't see you mix breed?", Seonchu, the leader of the bullies yelled. "How stupid of you to hide here. We had our PE class here awhile ago mixbreed! Come out now!"


I pinched my eyes tighter and covered my mouth. Tears were starting to come out from my pinched eyes. I felt two hands grabbed me out from where I'm hiding.


"There you are! Don't be afraid mix breed! We won't do anything bad to you if you're just going to be good to us.", Seonchu said in a creepy way. "Give us your money!"


I gulped as I slowly took my wallet from my pocket. I'm sorry mom and dad. I can't fight for my rights.


"Good little girl! Thank you very much for this.", they laughed as Seonchu showed me the money I gave him. "But, I want you to suffer a little before we leave you."


The bullies me one by one as I rolled on the floor again. They didn't stop until there's a light that shined from the door of the gym.


"Stay away from her!", a ball bounced on Seonchu's head.

"You again?!", Seonchu glared at Y/N.

"Give me that!", Y/N reached for Seonchu's hand to take the money.


Seonchu keeps on raising his hand so that Y/N wouldn't get the money but instead, puff, a punch landed on Seonchu's stomach making him curl up on the floor.


"That is for punching me on the stomach last time.", Y/N grabbed the money as the bullies ran away. 


I felt two hands, different than the two hands before. These hands were hot with anger but it helped me up.


"Raise your head now Jisoo.", she held my chin up as we went outside.

 


------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi guys! How's your Valentine's Day? Happy Valentine's! Lots of love! Here, my heart for you guys... <33333