Chapter 12: Even When You're In Pain

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

 

Jihyo's POV


*FLASHBACK*


"Nice to see you again.", the older woman shook my hand as she arrived on the cafe. "It's been a long time then huh?"

"Yes, it was.", I said.

"So, what do you want to talk about?", the older woman asked me.

"I saw a girl. That girl was familiar. I guess she's my childhood best friend.", I narrated. "I think you know whom I meant. Tell me, was that her?"


The older woman went silent and shook her head. I know that she's hiding something. No, both of then are hiding something.


"If you think that it's her. Then it's her.", she plainly answered. 

"I don't know where this talk is going.", I bitterly said.

"Please, I beg you Jisoo. Don't bother her anymore.", the older woman cried as she begged me. "Don't make her remember you."

"Why?! I want to live a normal life with my best friend. I want to spend time together with her again.", I cried. "Why won't you want me to? What's wrong?"

"She might be the person you knew but...", she paused for a long moment. "I'm sorry to tell you that she's not her anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"She's..."


And the next thing that I heard made me know that she's in pain. I want to do something for her but I chose not to.


*END OF FLASHBACK*


"Yah! Y/N!", I called her as I saw Y/N going out from our hotel.

"Y-yes?", she stuttered and moved in a slow motion way. "Do you need something Ms. Park?"

"Yes, I need you.", I giggled. "Don't call me Ms. Park, just call me Jihyo. I don't want you to be too formal to me."

"Uhh sure Jihyo. What do you need me for?", she said.

"I need you to go with me.", I smiled at her as I grabbed her to walk together with me. "You're not that busy today, are you?"

"Nope. But, where are we going?", Y/N glanced at me as her feet were heavy while walking.

"You don't have to ask me that. I heard that you went with my members last night. I'm jealous. I didn't have the chance to be together with you.", I pouted at her as she looked away. "We don't have another time to hangout together since we're going back to Korea tonight."


You're silent and you just keep on staring on your footsteps. I won't let you lose your way again. Come on, walk together with me. Match your footsteps together with me.


"I heard that you are fun to be with. Momo keeps on bragging about that.", I continued to talk to her, prolonging our conversation. "Do you like Momo?"

"Eh?! No! I mean, I like her as an idol of course but not on a romantic way.", she blushed.

"I didn't mention about romance here.", I laughed at her. "You know, your face is red. Should we go shopping at the mall Y/N?"

"If you want to.", she answered with a smile as we went inside the mall.  

 

 


Y/N POV


Does Jihyo have a mental problem? Last time, she was insisting that she knows me but she didn't even brought up that topic anymore. Besides, she's acting good right now.


"Y/N?", she tapped my back. "Do you like this sweatshirt?"

"Yes.", I answered as I looked at the blue sweatshirt that looks so expensive. "It's fabulous."

"Are you sure?", she asked with a stern look as I nodded. "Fine, wait here for a moment. I'm just going to buy this."


She walked towards the counter as I followed her command to wait for her. It's the first time that I walked solo with a Twice member. Jihyo is the first.


"Y/N, I decided not to buy that sweatshirt. I bought another thing instead.", she pouted.

"Eh? It's your choice anyways.", I tried to be careful with my words hoping that her mental illness won't come back again.

"Oh? Yes, you're right.", she chuckled as my tummy grumbled making her pause for a moment then laughed out loud. "You didn't tell me that you're already hungry! We could've eaten first."

"No! It's okay! I haven't even noticed that I was starving.", I lied to her.

"So I guess we have to eat now.", Jihyo teased me.

 

We went on a restaurant nearby as Jihyo talked with their manager while I'm standing anywhere.


"Come on now Y/N. Sit down.", Jihyo pulled the chair for me as I sat down. "So, what do you want to eat Y/N?"

"It depends on you.", due to my shyness, I kept on referring to her. "Whatever you're going to eat, I'd want one too."

"Stubborn kid.", she sighed. "In one condition."

"Yes? What is it?", I asked her.

"I'll choose the main dish but you have to choose for your side dish.", she said as I nodded. "What dessert would you like?"

"Ice cream. Cookies and cream ice cream.", I smiled gently.


If only Jihyo knows that I like cookies and cream and I even placed this on my fanfic. I'm afraid that she'll freak out if she knows that I'm currently writing a fan fiction about her. 


"Sure.", she talked to the waiter immediately. "Y/N? Can we talk about something?"


I'm afraid that her mental illness came back. I'm afraid that my bias will become a weirdo again.


"Never mind, I just want to ask you a favor.", she scratched her nape.

"I'll try."

"Can you please go to the airport later? I want to see you before we leave.", she said staring deeply on both of my eyes.


That stare. It's painful. Can you please stop giving me such stare? From my eyes, it directly went through my soul. I'm also feeling the pain inside. What happened to you Jihyo? Why are you sharing the pain with me?

 


Time check: 5 pm. 1 hour left before their plane leaves. I left the house and headed to the airport. It'll be the last time. It'll be our last time. I'm glad they came.


*Group chat*


Me: Where are you now guys?

Kyoka: Why are you asking?

Millen: Inside our house.

Me: You're not going?

Millen: Going where? Is there a special event?

Me: Twice will leave later at 6 pm. Don't you want to go?

Kyoka: Why do we have to go there?

Me: Cause we have to?

Kyoka: Nobody told us to go there. You silly.

Millen: Kyoka's right. It's not like it's still a part of our responsibility, right?

Me: What? No one among the members asked you to come?

Millen: No one. Why? Is there someone who asked you?


So it's only me whom Jihyo wants to come. No one from us were asked. Am I that important? I think I'm assuming too much. I arrived on the airport half an hour before and I saw the Twice members waiting on their seats.


"Oh! Y/N! Why are you here?", Momo went to me directly. "What are you doing here?"

"Uhh.", I don't know what to answer until I felt a hand holding my ahoulder.

"Why? What's wrong if she's here?", Jihyo looked at Momo. "I told her to go here. I just want to talk to her before we leave."

"Oh. Is that so? I'll talk to you later then Y/N.", Momo left us as Jihyo took me outside the airport.

"Why is it that I'm the only one who was asked to go here?", I asked Jihyo.

"You're different than the others.", Jihyo joked. "Uhh... Y/N before we leave, I want to give you this."


Jihyo gave me a shopping bag with the brand where we went on the mall. I looked at it first before taking it.


"What is this for?", I asked her. 

"I noticed that you were always checking that sweatshirt out. I asked you if you liked it and you answered 'yes' so I bought it for you as a remembrance.", Jihyo said while smiling. "This too, take this."


She gave me a scratch paper with a social media account written on the paper. It means she wants me to communicate with her! Why? What's with me? Why is she being so good to me?


"Contact me anytime you want. I'll always find time to talk to you.", Jihyo took my hands and shook her head. "Even when you're in pain, I'll be the one to listen to you. I'll come back for you."

 

___________________________________________________

Author's Note: I'm sorry to tell you guys that I'm going to discontinue this story.


Just kidding. I'm going to update every other day instead of everyday. Graduating student be like. I hope you'll understand me. Love y'all. <3