Chapter 4: You're My Best Friend

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

Jisoo's POV


The bullies' parents got inside our room and they sat beside their children. I was more shocked when I saw my mom and Y/N's aunt also.


"Mom? Why are you here? What's happening?", I asked mom as she sat beside me.

"I don't even know. The principal called me for a meeting here together with Y/N's aunt.", mom caressed my cheeks. "Tell me what happened Jisoo. Is there something wrong?"

"Well, I guess we're all complete now.", our principal interrupted as she shook our parents' hands. "Seonchu and friends, would you care to explain to your parents what really happened?"


Seonchu shook his head and his friends went silent. I looked at Y/N whose eyes were glaring at them.


"Y/N, can you explain this matter since they can't say it by themselves?", our principal looked at Y/N.

"Sure, before I entered this school, I saw Jisoo being bullied by them.", Y/N pointed on Seonchu and his friends. "Now that I'm a student of this school, I'm being bullied too because I'm helping Jisoo."

"Is that true?", Seonchu's father grabbed his arm making him cry.

"Appa! Mianhae! I won't do it again!", Seonchu apologized to his father. "Y/N! Jisoo! I'm really sorry!"

"If Y/N wasn't brave enough, this case wouldn't be solved and this bullying will still continue.", the principal told us. "It's good that Y/N managed to tell Ms. Bae about this issue."

"Mrs. Park and Y/N's aunt, I'm really very sorry about what my child has done.", Seonchu's father bowed on us. 

"I forgive your child.", my mom smiled together with Y/N's aunt.

 

 

Y/N POV


"Jisoo! Why haven't you told me about this before?", Mrs. Park caressed Jisoo's face while we're on our way home. "For how long have they bullied you?"

"Hmm.. A year ago?", Jisoo stuttered.

"It's a good thing that Y/N reported it.", Mrs. Park continued to sermon. "Give thanks to Y/N, Jisoo."

"Thank you Y/N.", Jisoo smiled on me.

"That's nothing. You're my best friend! I'll do anything for you.", I gave Jisoo a thumbs up.

 

Tuesday, a day that's refreshing for me since we are not bullied anymore. Recess time is for chatting time with my best friend.


"Y/N tell me the truth. Why didn't they come last Saturday on the playground?", Jisoo whispered to me.

"I don't know.", I looked away to avoid Jisoo's interrogation. "Maybe they're busy with something?

"Ah! I know you! You did something to them! Tell me the truth please! I'm your best friend right?", Jisoo pouted.

"Okay, they knew that I reported them and Ms. Bae told them to stay away in order for them not to be suspended.", I spilled out. "Satisfied now?"


We were interrupted when we heard a tray plopped on our table. Are they here for another trouble again?


"Hey! I just want to tell you that we're really sorry.", Seonchu bowed on us. "Can we sit here? We'd like to be your friends from now on. Is that okay?"


I looked at Jisoo and signaled her to answer since she's older than me. The decision lies on her. Is this a good start for us and for our former bullies?


"Sure, we could be friends.", Jisoo smiled at them.

"Great! We won't do something stupid anymore. Promise. Right guys?", the bullies nodded at Seonchu.

"Should we really trust them? I mean, there's nothing wrong but I sense something.", I whispered at Jisoo.

"Let's trust them. Trust me.", Jisoo patted my back.

 

 

Jisoo's POV


The whole week was spent with our bullies slash our new friends. We got closer with them and we don't consider them us our bullies anymore. We play on the playground together with them, went to the arcade, eat recess and lunch, in short, we were inseparable.


"Y/N, can you believe that? They really changed.", I told Y/N while we're walking home.

"Yes, sure. I guess they're okay.", Y/N smiled at me. 

"What's the plan tomorrow? Are we going out?", an unknown excitement filled inside me when I asked Y/N.

"Weekends? More like, do my homework.", Y/N shrugged.


Why am I disappointed? It's not like I should be sad cause I don't have someone to hangout tomorrow. My best friend is a hardworking person, I shouldn't distract her.


"Bye Jisoo!", Y/N waved to me as she entered her house.

 

"Jisoo! Good timing! You got a call from someone!", mom motioned me to talk on the telephone. "Here."

"Hello?", I said through the telephone.

"Hey! Jisoo! It's me, Seonchu!", a voice came up.

"Oh Seonchu! What's up? Why did you call me?"

"Uhh. I was just wondering if you would like to hangout with us tomorrow. You could bring Y/N too."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't. How about next time?"

"Oh sure. Bye!", I hang up and went directly to my room.


"Jisoo! Clean your room now! Y/N is going to sleep in your room!", Mom called out.


What?! Y/N is going to sleep here? I cleaned my room immediately and sprayed perfume all over to have a nice scent for my room. She's not a special visitor but why do I do this?

 

 


Y/N POV


"Y/N, auntie is going to work overnight tonight. There's an emergency.", auntie went inside my room already dressed on her working uniform. "Is it okay for you if you're going to sleepover on Jisoo's house?"

"Sure. I'll just prepare auntie.", I packed some clothes and went outside with my aunt.

"Although Mrs. Park likes you Y/N, don't be a spoiled brat. Okay?", my aunt said as she rang the doorbell.

"Y/N! It's nice to see you again! You can go directly to Jisoo's room. She's waiting for you there.", Mrs. Park immediately hugged me as I bowed on her.

"Y/N, take care!", my aunt smiled at me and Mrs. Park.

 

"Jisoo! I'm here!", I peeked on Jisoo's room.

"Oh! H-hey!", Jisoo stuttered as she fixed her sleeping wear. "What do you want to do Y/N?"

"I don't know.", I chuckled as I settled myself.

"Should we play something then?", she keeps on following me.

"Let's do that after dinner. I'll do my homework first.", I said as Jisoo pouted.


It's been an hour and I did my assignments yet, I wasn't done. Jisoo keeps on staring at me and my work until she fell asleep.

 


Jisoo's POV

"Yah! Jisoo! Wake up! Your mom just called us to eat our dinner!", Y/N grabbed my hands as she was also shaking my body. "Come on! I'm hungry! Make it fast!"

"How long have I been sleeping?", I rubbed my eyes and stood up.

"Just for 15 minutes. Get up now. I've got so much work to do.", Y/N walked outside as I followed her.

"Why do you have many assignments anyways?", I asked Y/N.

"Uhh... I'm not used on answering my assignments by myself. I can't think straight.", Y/N blushed as we took our seat.


"Did you guys had a great time? What did you play?", mom asked as we ate our dinner. 

"How could we play if Y/N is busy with her schoolwork?", I pouted.

"Wow! Y/N is a good student!", Mom grinned. "I know could trust Jisoo on you."

"What?!", me and Y/N said in the same time.

"Nothing.", mom smirked at us.


"Y/N, I'm bored. Let's play.", I patted Y/N while she's writing.

"Ahh! Let me finish this first.", she growled.

"Do you need help?", I took the pen and looked at her notebook.

"That would do.", she smiled as I helped her with her assignments.

After we're done with her assignments, we played the pillow fight. The next thing that happened, she was on top of me and our lips accidentally touched when we fell by hitting on each other.

"Sorry.", Y/N blushed as I, too, blushed. "I didn't mean to do it."

"It's okay.", I looked away. "Let's sleep now. I'm tired."

"Jisoo, what's this?", Y/N asked me as she took a book from her .

"Ah! It's my favorite storybook. Would you like me to storytell?", I asked Y/N as she nodded and hugged me.

"That was sad. I'm happy that it got a happy ending though.", Y/N smiled as I'm done storytelling. "It's sad that Gerda went through a lot just to get Kai back."

"I agree. If I were Gerda, I would also do the same.", I nodded.

"Y/N, I feel so very grateful that you came in ny life. You changed everything.", I added as I looked at Y/N's eyes. "I want to be with you always."

"Hmm. Of course. You're my best friend. I'll always be with you.", she whispered on the air.


Why does it feel like I wasn't satisfied on being friends with her. What do I do now? Am I having a crush on my own best friend? I have to control this. You're my best friend. Best friend only.