Chaoter 34: Will Our Memories Fade?

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Mina's POV


Here comes my blood. Let it pour to cleanse my sins. Let it flow to you, to you who's suffering. Here I am closing my eyes. I've waited for this day.


"Thank you for everything. I am sorry.", I sniffed until a loud ringtone interrupted me. "Why in the world won't you want me to be gone?!"


"Yah! Mina! Where are you now?!", Sana's high-pitched voice made my ear numb.

"What the hell! You don't have to shout!", I yelled back. "Umm Sana, I just want you to know that I love you all and thank you for everything. By the time Y/N has opened her eyes, please tell her to be happy. To be happier than me."

"Huh? What are you talking about? You sound so sober!", she asked with confusion.

"I have to let this go. Good-"

"Yah! Come back here as soon as possible in the hospital! Y/N just woke up! She needs all of us!", her words made me open my eyes.


This is dilemma. I have to choose what to let go. Is it this thorn, the thorn that would end everyone's suffering? Is it my phone, my phone who gave me enough hope to live? I left one of them. This is what I'm going to choose.

 

 

 

Jihyo's POV


"What did you say?", I asked her with tears visible on my eyes.

"Who are you? I don't know you.", she said with a cold stare.


If this was just your joke. Please admit it to me sooner. I can't do this anymore. I can't handle such joke. Do you have to forget me twice?


"Yah! Y/N! Do you know me?", Nayeon raised her hand to be acknowledged. "Can you tell me what's my name?"

"What the hell Nayeon! You're being insensitive!", Jeongyeon grabbed her shirt.

"Nayeon.", she blurted out like a kid. "You're Nayeon."

"Eh?", my members looked at Y/N with strange expressions.

"How about me?", Lina smiled and held her hand. "Tell me my name."

"How could I forget a good friend of mine?", Y/N slowly smiled. "You are Lina, of course."


Each members smiled and ask Y/N if they know her. What's happening? She told them their names correctly while I sat on the sofa with depression. Why am I always the one she's forgetting?


"Don't worry unnie. I'm sure it's gonna be alright.", Dahyun hugged me tightly. "She'll recover soon."

"I don't know what to feel.", I cried on her arms. "I don't know why she keeps on acting like that. I can't understand my life anymore."

"Where's Mina?", Y/N asked after telling the members their names.

"Umm. Hey Sana. Did you call Mina?", Tzuyu whispered to Sana.

"Yes, I called her. She should've arrived here awhile ago.", Sana tapped her chin to think. "Strange. Where is she?"

"Umm. Y/N, she'll be here later. She was just handling some things.", Tzuyu assured her. "For now, you have to rest."

"Oh. Thank you. You're right. I need rest. My head's aching.", she smiled weakly and slept.


How dare you ask where Mina is when you can't even remember my name? Here I am, acting selfishly again.


"Excuse me? Can I talk to the patient's parents now please?", the doctor appeared making Jeongyeon put her wig again.

"We'll follow.", Nayeon smiled at the doctor while she hid Jeongyeon. "Don't worry guys! We'll bring a good news."

"What are you going to do unnie?", Dahyun talked to me again.

"Nothing.", I tried to smile to hide my real feelings. "This is the second time. I'm tired. Let her forget me."

"What?", Lina gasped. "What second time?"

"Oops. Jihyo unnie, would you like us to spill your story to Lina?", Dahyun asked for a permission.

"Sure."

"Yah! Let me be the one to talk to Lina about this.", Sana grabbed Lina and went outside.

"So what now unnie?", Dahyun faced me again. "We're here for you. We'll help you get through this."

"It's nothing. Really. Let me have a rest too.", I closed my eyes as I lay down on the sofa. 


Will our memories fade? What should we do about this? Should we carry on without managing to remember all of those scenarios?

 

 


"Oh! Jihyo! You're finally awoke.", Jeongyeon smiled but I can see through her smile that there's something wrong.

"Why? Is there something wrong?", I slowly got up.

"Not so.", she started talking. "The doctor said that Y/N is in good condition right now but of course her mindset is not stable."

"Good for her then.", I looked away. "Could you move to the bad news?"

"What bad news?"

"Come on Jeong. I know there's a problem."

"Umm... It's not about Y/N.", she looked at the other members. 

"What? So there's another problem?", I sighed. "When will this all end? Why do struggles gather and attack me? I feel so vulnerable right now. So, what is it?"

"Mina.", she bowed her head.

"What about her?"

"She's... She's missing. She couldn't be found anywhere."

"Come on. Give her some rest too.", I growled.

"We can't contact her. Even her family doesn't know where she is now.", Momo said. "It's not normal. The police are trying to find her now since she couldn't be tracked. The last time they saw her was on the streets when she was almost bumped by a car. It's really her. It's her clothes."

"Where's Mina?", another voice interrupted us.

"Ahh Y/N! Are you feeling well?", Nayeon caressed her cheeks which made me feel bad cause that should be me. "How's your sleep?"

"I'm asking if where's Mina."

"Nayeon, losing. Mina, winning.", Tzuyu giggled.

"Y/N, Mina is very busy today. I hope you'll understand her. She cannot escape on some obligations even if you are her priority.", Momo comforted her. 

"Am I really her priority?", she looked up. "Why did she leave me?"

"Eh?", we were shocked by her statement.

"What is she talking about? Why is she talking weirdly? She just slept, right?", Sana whispered on the air. 

"Maybe she just dreamt of something.", Chaeyoung shrugged.

"Can I go home now?", Y/N asked again as she straightened herself.

"Yah! Y/N! Careful!", Nayeon assisted her. "You have to rest here."

"I'm already good. What else does the doctor want me to do here?", she was so hardheaded. "Besides, I want to go home."

"Okay. Okay. Wait here. I'll talk to the doctor first. I'll beg him.", Nayeon rushed outside.

"So, is she leaving her husband here?", Jeongyeon fixed her wig again. "We'll be back guys.

"I'll help you.", Lina whispered on my ear. "I know everything now."

 

 

 

Y/N POV


I'm glad that Nayeon unnie begged the doctor. I really wanted to go home. Home is the place where I am most comfortable with.


"Y/N, take these.", Nayeon gave me some medicines and a glass of water.

"Thanks.", I smiled warmly. "Can you call Lina please?"

"Sure. She'll be here in a minute.", she winked at me and left me alone again.


This is a lonely room. Here I am, watching an empty space through the window. Thinking deeply about everything.


"Nayeon told me that you called for me.", Lina chuckled. "What do you want this time?"

"Call my aunt.", I said. 

"What?", her voice fainted. "Are you serious right now? Come on. Maybe it's just because your mentality is not stable right now or it could be the side effects of your medicines."

"If you won't call her, well at least please book plane tickets for us. Also, choose a rush flight."

"What are you talking about? Are you really out of your mind?", her face went sour.

"I want to go home.", I glared at her. "Didn't I tell you all that I wanted to go home? This place is not my home!"

"But there are some things you have to-"

"Home. Let me go home.", Lina left me with a sad face as I yelled at her.


If people are going to see my situation right now, they wouldn't understand me. No one would. Why am I acting like this?


"I won't let you go.", a girl with big brown eyes and a pale calm face entered the room immediately. "I'm the leader. You follow whatever I'll say."