Chapter 17: It's Too Hard

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Jihyo's POV


"Sure, what is it?", she asked me as I paused for a moment.

"Before-", I started saying.

"Unnie! Mom told me to tell you that we have to go now.", my little sister interrupted.

"Say it faster Ji.", Y/N said.

"I just want to say, before I leave, I just want to thank you for everything.", I smiled and controlled my tears. "Don't forget to remember me."


It's too hard for me to let go. I've struggled so hard for those whole years without her by my side. It's too hard for me to go on with my life just because I never said those words.


"Of course! I won't forget you!", she smiled peacefully.


You already did. You just didn't know that you have forgotten me. You can't even remember me that's why you've never forgotten me on your own perspective.


"Goodbye.", I started to walk away holding my little sister. 


I looked at my little sister and smiled at her. I remembered something. We were this little when we played along.


"Bye.", I heard Y/N's voice behind.

 

 

"Leader-nim! We missed you!", Sana immediately hugged me when I opened the front door of our dorm. 

"How's the little vacation unnie?", Tzuyu took my bags.

"Did you went out with Y/N?", Momo grabbed me. "How is she?"

"Guys! Calm down!", I yelled as I got stressed when they showered me with questions. "It was fun Tzuyu and yes, I went with Y/N, Momo."

"You should rest now Ji. I know that you feel jetlag.", Nayeon assisted me in our room. "Manager-nim said that we will go back to work tomorrow. You should rest well."

"As expected after a short vacation.", we laughed together.

 


Connected to Wi-Fi. I proceeded to watch some fan fictions hoping for an update from my favorite author. If she won't make another story, I swear, I'll hate her forever.


"Back to her old habit.", Jeongyeon teased me.

"Hey! It's not like it's a bad thing if I'm going to immerse myself on fantasies.", I told her without looking at her. "Ugh. I'll stop reading fanfics right now."

"Woah. You changed your mind just because I teased you?", Jeongyeon gasped. "Mianhae. I will go now so that I won't disturb you anymore."


With that, I'm left alone on the darkness again. No one beside me. Why am I even interested on reading her stories? There are still many authors who deserve my praises.

 

 


Y/N POV


It's kind of getting boring right now. It's the last week of our regular class. I can't believe I'm going to graduate soon. While waiting for my next class, I took my phone out. Making another drafted chapter is a good thing to do.


"Y/N! Stop writing! You have lots of time for that!", Lina took the phone from my hand. "Let's do something interesting."

"What's that?", I glared at her. "Don't tell me that we're going to escape classes cause I'll never be in favor of that. Sometimes, the interesting things for you are the dangerous acts."

"Hey! I'm not a bad influence!", she pointed out. "After our classes, let's watch movie."

"Oh? What movie are we going to watch then?", I asked with no interest at all. "Love stories are so cliche. So if you're going to watch a love story, better find another friend to go together with you."

"Geez. Not all love stories are what you are expecting. The movie is called 'Everyday'."

"Eh? David Levithan's book. I've read that book before. I know the ending already. I wouldn't waste my money. It won't lighten up the fire inside me anymore since I already knew the plot."

"Come on! My treat!", she forced me.

"You cannot force her Lina, she didn't even joined us to watch 'Meet me in St. Gallen' last week. She's a killjoy.", Micah told Lina as I glared at them.

"Fine. I'll go with you but we have to go home early. I have to make another chapter for my drafted story. If it wasn't because I liked the story of 'Everyday', I wouldn't care about you and your treat.", I stood up. "Bye for now. See you later."

 


After the movie, we went home directly as what I've told Lina before. Lina thanked me for coming with her and I also thanked her for making me cry inside the cinema. I can't believe that I still cried despite of being familiar with the story.


"Mom, I'm home.", I called her then went inside my room. "Yes! Now, it's time to update! I missed my readers already."


But wait, what am I going to write? I still don't have any idea on what should happen on the next chapter. I'm having complicated feelings with this story. I'll write whatever I want then or should I base on the movie I watched awhile ago? It's too hard. 


"Y/N? You have to go here. Help me please.", just as I was about to start typing, I heard my mother's voice.

"Coming mom!", I ran to her. "What do you need?"

"Can you cook? I'm so tired with my work. By the way, I have a letter for you.", my mom smiled as I nodded obediently. "Here, read this."


I read the letter and saw that I was accepted on a company that I applied for a summer job. I'll earn through my sweat now.


"Thanks mom! I'm so excited! I can't wait to have an experience for working and for earning money also.",  I was on tears of joy. 

"Eh? You were a tour guide last time right? You earned a money that time!", she exclaimed.

"Oh! Yes! Why am I so forgetful?", I scratched my head and slapped it a little. "I have to cook now mom! This news made me hungry."


While I was cooking, I was thinking of someone. It's Jihyo. How is she right now? What is she doing right now?

 

 


Jihyo's POV


After our work, Tzuyu asked me out again to watch a movie with her. Chaeyoung also joined us. I feel like an older sister again for my maknaes.


"What are we going to watch?", Tzuyu asked us.

"That! I heard that movie was good!", Chaeyoung pointed on a poster.

"Oh! It's 'Everyday'. Do you agree with Chaeyoung unnie?", Tzuyu asked me.

"It depends on you guys. I'll go wherever you will go.", I smiled gently at them. "Anyways, popcorn's mine."

"You're the best unnie ever!", Chaeyoung hugged me tightly. "Let's buy the ticket now Tzuyu."


They went on the line while I bought a  huge popcorn for us. I read the tagline of the movie, "Every day, a different body. Every day, a different life. Every day, in love with the same girl.". That tagline reminds me of the author that I like. So mysterious yet so in love.

 


"I'm so lucky to have a group mates like you guys!", Chaeyoung excitedly said as we find our seats. "You're the best!"

"Shhh! Will you keep quiet? Don't you know that the movie's already starting?!", Tzuyu silenced Chaeyoung making me cover my mouth to stop myself from laughing that the two maknaes are fighting.


The movie went well until I felt my eyes got wet a little. It's the time that I realized, I'm already crying. They cannot love each other freely. Why are the greatest romance or love ends up being tragic. There's only one person inside my mind. Don't get me wrong even if I'm just treating her as a friend. It's too hard for me.


"Do you remember someone unnie? Is this story relatable for you?", Tzuyu whispered quietly.

"Maybe. I am not sure.", I wiped my tears and looked at Tzuyu. "I could somehow relate to this story. But, on another instance. It's also somehow different. Our story is unique since it is our own story."