Chapter 9: This Is God's Prank

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

 

Y/N POV


"Y/N, why haven't you bought a food for lunch?", Micah nudged me.

"I don't have the appetite to eat.", I faked a smile.

"Come on. Tell me what's your problem." Micah forced me to tell her what's wrong. "I know you so well. You can't hide anything from me. I know that something's disturbing you."

"Fine!", I looked at her. "Twice is having a concert here in our city."

"So?"

"What so? Of course! I'm being thrifty now! I badly want to go on that concert!"

"When's the concert?", she chuckled.

"Next two weeks.", I frowned again as she patted my back.

"You've got no chance. How much have you saved already?", she stopped eating as she focused on talking to me.

"I haven't even reached half of the price of the ticket.", I sighed. "You're right. I have no chance. I can't reach this goal. I'm not meant to see them."

"Since now that you've realized that you have no more chance to see them, you don't have to starve yourself. Eat.", Micah gave me half of her food.

 

 


Jihyo's POV


Our first tour ended successfully and we are on our way back to our hotel. The members were all tired but we still have a long way ahead of us.


"The fans were cool! They were very supportive! I'm so happy that we have Onces who always support us!", Sana clapped her hands.

"Come on now guys! Eat your dinner!", manager-nim called us as we kept on chatting with each other. "After dinner, you have to head back to your rooms and take a rest."

"Yeeeey! Food!", Momo dashed her way between us making the other members stumble.

"Momo ya! Be careful!", Jeongyeon scolded her.


We enjoyed our dinner together as we talked about what happened on the concert. I took my phone out and looked if the author that I liked already made a new story.


"Wow! Leader-nim is reading a fanfic while eating?", Tzuyu mocked me. "It's my first time to see you opening such sites on such schedule."

"Whatever. I'm not going to read. I'm just watching if there's a new story so I could save it and would read it next time.", I ignored Tzuyu as I continued searching for the story. "I wonder."

"Wonder what?", Tzuyu talked to me again.

"What does this author even look like in personal?" I thought to myself.

"Why are you even curious about that? Oh! Don't tell me that you liked that author!", Tzuyu pointed on the author that I searched.

"Yah! I'm just curious! I want to see this author's face. I don't even know why they even have to hide their identities by making their profile pictures a picture of an idol."

"Because we're beautiful. They admire our beauty.", Tzuyu flopped her hair making me chuckle.

"Dinner's over but why are the two of you still here?", Mina interrupted us as she smiled innocently again.

"Nothing. I'll leave weirdo unnie to you. Bye.", Tzuyu left us alone making me feel awkward with Mina again.


"Why did our Tzuyu called you weirdo Ji?", Mina asked me as we walked together outside.

"She's jumping to conclusions.", I shrugged.

"What kind of conclusion is that?", Mina continued to talk to me though I'm trying to be quite.

"She said that I liked a fan fiction author."

"Well, is it true?"

"Of course not! I don't even know that author! I haven't even saw what she looked like!", I laughed and saw Mina's blank face.

"They said that it's true love if you felt something with a person you haven't saw on personal.", Mina talked deeply. "Love shouldn't be even based on the physical outlook of a person."

"Wow! Mina? Have you been in love before? You talk like you were an expert on love.", my mouth was widely opened with awe.

"I'm Mina. No boyfriend since birth.", she smiled at me.

 


"What the heck?!", we yelled a little and cupped each other's mouth when we saw something inevitable.

"Why are you hiding there?", we heard Jeongyeon's voice as we grabbed her and covered . "What the hell? Why are they kissing each other?!"

"I never thought that Momo and Dahyun were in love with each other!", Mina whispered on both of us. "At first, I thought that they were just being clingy to each other. Expect the unexpected."

"But, both of them are girls! And, we are group mates! Lastly, we are banned from dating!", Jeongyeon said.

"Enough, you cannot judge them just because both of them are girls. They're humans, a human falls in love with a person he or she is meant to fall in love regardless of any circumstance.", I raged at Jeongyeon.

"Wow! Ji! You're more deeper than me.", Mina clapped her hands as Jeongyeon shook her head.


"I think someone's watching us Momo.", we heard Dahyun as we ran away.

 


We kept on running around until we reached my room whom I am sharing with Jeongyeon. Because of adrenaline rush, we didn't watched where we're going until some of my things fell down.


"Oops. Sorry for being clumsy.", Jeongyeon apologized as we picked my things on the floor.

"Ji, who's this?", Mina picked a photo from the floor as I grabbed it immediately from her.

"It's just a nonsense photo. Don't mind this.", I smiled at her.

 

 


Y/N POV


Three days left. No more chance. The clock is ticking and so is my mind. I've got nothing else to do but it feels like I lost a game.


"Y/N, our president called you.", my teacher approached me.

"Eh? President? Class president? Organization president? University president? Our country's president?", I played with my teacher who's stupid for not specifying.

"Our university president.", he rolled his eyes as I went to the president's office.


Why would our university president called me? This is a serious matter then. I've been a good girl throughout the school year. What is this for?


"Good afternoon Father.", I bowed on our president. "Mr. Herb told me that you called me?"

"Yes, sit down Y/N. There are other 2 students who's going to be here. I hope that they'll be here in a minute already.", Father president told me as we waited for a minute.

"Oh! Kyoka! Millen!", I ran towards them as I talked to Kyoka. "Our room is near to each other but why didn't we went here together?"

"I was on the comfort room when Mr. Herb told you.", she chuckled. "Father? What can we do for you?"


A tall man suddenly came inside. I think he's a Korean, looking at his features. He smiled at us as he spoke English to our president.


"Good morning to you guys.", he spoke directly to us. "We would like to ask you for a favor in exchange for money."


Money? It's not like I need it anyways. The concert tickets were already sold out last week. I won't waste my time with such favor.


"I'm sorry Mister. Can I back off?", I asked him in a polite way.

"No, I don't think you can't and I don't think you won't. I know you a little", he smiled as he whispered something on my ear making me surrender on my knees. This is God's prank.

 

 

Jihyo's POV


"Waaah! This is our first time on this country! Can we walk around manager-nim?", Chaeyoung begged our manager. "The concert is still tomorrow. Please."

"As expected, you would always ask this favor.", he shrugged. "Yes, you can but there's a condition."

"Fine, what is it?", we groaned.

"Go to your rooms first. Someone's gonna call you out. We are busy so we can't handle you.", manager-nim told us.

"So, what's the condition?", Chaeyoung asked as manager-nim kept his mouth closed.

 


We went on our rooms and unpacked our things. Today, I'm sharing a room with Momo. I can't help but to remember what happened last time. We haven't said a word about it to anyone yet, here she is now, hugging me. This is why I can't believe about their relationship. I thought Momo is just clingy with no malicious thing hidden.

 

"Momo.", I called her as I got bored.

"Hello. I hope I'm not interrupting something.", a voice sprouted making us stare at her.


This is not possible. This can't be happening. I looked at Momo who's staring at me. This is God's prank.