Chapter 25: Skies Are Gray

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Jihyo's POV


"Are you thinking 'bout her right now?", Tzuyu gave me a tea. "You know unnie, destiny could be stupid sometimes. I admire you for doing everything you could just to see your friend again unnie."

"My best wasn't good enough. Maybe, that's her only role in my life, to be on the past, to let me out of my shell, to open strange doors. That's it.", I sipped the tea silently. "By now, we shouldn't have met each other cause our past was the only time permitted for us by up above."


Seeing the clouds being larger than before. I admit I miss you again just like what I felt before. Skies are gray without you here again.


"She hates me now.", I pinched my eyes close and smelled the fragrance of the solemn air. "Probably, she doesn't want to see me anymore. She shut herself down with no internet connection to talk to me and probably, she deleted all of our songs cause my voice makes her sick."

"Don't be a pessimist unnie.", Tzuyu hugged me behind. "She'll come back."


I used to believe that she will come back. I was always like that since we're young. There will be no answer again. Not this time.

 

*FLASHBACK*


"What have you done to my niece?", her aunt launched against me when she arrived on the hospital. "Did you do what I told you not to?"

"I-i'm sorry.", tears suddenly flowed from my eyes. "I didn't mean to... I was just-"

"I don't want to hear any excuses from you anymore Jisoo!", she screamed while the others were stopping her. "Just like before, you were selfish. So selfish until now. You managed to hurt her before that's why she got that mental illness and now you're going to add up her suffering?"


Now I know that I wasn't the only one who's suffering. She suffered more. Her aunt's right. I'm the most selfish person.


"I never should've talked to you at the cafe when you were on our country! I never should've told you everything!", she added. "And I never should've let you got close to her again even if you're just going to build up a new friendship with her!"

"You haven't told me everything!", I answered back as I got hurt by her words. "I didn't even know what's the reason why she got amnesia! Is it even true that it's because of me? Then, how come?"

"Stop.", she held back. "Tell the doctor I'm going to bring my niece back to our country tomorrow. She have a doctor there. Her medications and therapy is available there. End of story."

"Excuse me, Ms. You cannot do that! Her situation is not yet stable!", Nayeon pleaded.

"What do you know about her situation huh?", Y/N's aunt glared at Nayeon. "Whatever, I'll be the one to request my permission to the doctor then."


She dodged my members blocking arms and I let her be. She turned back again and walked back towards me.


"And Jisoo? I now regret for pressuring her on the past to make some friends. I regret that I left her in your house everytime I'm not available to take care of her.", she spoke up. "She had forgotten you and this time, it's time for you to forget her too. Forget her as a friend."

 

 


Y/N's POV


"How are you? I heard that you came back from Korea.", Lina met up with me. "You're so unfair. So how's the little vacation there?"

"I don't know. I enjoyed but I haven't properly bid them goodbye.", I frowned. "The last thing I know was that when I woke up, I'm back home again. Was that just a dream?"

"I wouldn't ask you if it's just your dream. Duh.", she rolled her eyes. "You can chat them and apologize."

"That's another mysterious thing. I cannot connect to the app where I always communicate with Jihyo.", I started thinking deeply why this is happening. "Anyways, I remember that Jihyo cried when she accidentally saw my drafted story about her. Weird."

"Well, what did she say about your story?"

"Wait, can you read this and give a reaction please?", I opened my drafted story and gave the phone for her to read. "Take your time."


I waited patiently for Lina's reaction until I saw that the skies are gray already outside the glass of the cafe. It's about to cry. I'm about to cry unnoticed.


"Why?!", she suddenly reacted with a sad tone. "It's your fault I got carried away with this story! Now, look, I want you to continue this story!"

"What do you think of this story? Is it an angst for her to cry like that?", I asked her.

"Hmm. Let me think. It's okay. I can't tell that it's dramatic cause the wasn't written yet.", she thought. "What did she say about the story?"


Their reactions, it's too different. Lina's right. The wasn't even written yet and this story just acquired 1-7 chapters. How could she be sad with this as if it's her story?


"All I could remember was that...", I paused. "She said it was our story."

 


"Next time, don't ever let your daughter go out with a stranger.", I heard my aunt's voice when I just got home. "You should've consulted me that she will go to Korea. You know that your daughter have a problem, right?"


Problem? What is she talking about? And why is my aunt very concerned about my travel? Who's that stranger she's talking about? I never went with any stranger.


"Why would I stop my daughter? She just met her Kpop bias and they became friends! What's wrong with that?", my mom talked back. "It's not like it's a mistake to give her the freedom she deserves. Besides, it's her money and that time was her birthday. She worked and planned hard for it. Who am I to stop her?"

"You are indeed a stupid mom. You only care about money and stuffs while your daughter-"

"I'm home. Welcome me back. Thank you.", I interrupted my aunt who's mouth showers hurtful words. "I should cook dinner for us to calm our chests."

 

 


Jihyo's POV


"If you're just going to keep on watching at that picture, nothing good will happen.", Sana smiled at me while she took Y/N's picture from my hands. "Both of you looks cute here. Why are you even watching this picture when you've got a latest picture together with her?"

"That picture is more special than our latest picture.", I told her. "That picture was our very first picture together and it's more special cause she knows me well that time. Unlike now, she treats me as a new friend."

"Jihyo, have you even fell in love before?", Sana asked out of nowhere making my face look sour.

"Why the heck would you ask such question?", I laughed at her.

"I'm serious. Just answer me."

"Fine. I haven't."

"Don't you think you're in love with Y/N?", she blurted out.

"How can you say that?", seriousness scattered around the air. "It's stupid. I only treat her as my friend. A very special best friend in my life."

"Your efforts and your perseverance to search for her, it's not too normal for a childhood friend only. The way your jealousy burns Mina, it's not a treatment for a new friend. Don't you think that Y/N might be...", the next words, she whispered on my ear. "Your first love?"