Chapter 14: You're Not My Type

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

 

Jihyo's POV


After my sister's graduation, I gladly took some of the Onces' phones just to take a selca with them. I'm glad that they are happy but I shouldn't just focus on them, I came here for my sister.


"Darling? Did JYP gave you guys a break? You're all working too hard last year.", mom asked me with a worried tone. "You guys deserve a break especially the foreign line. It's hard to imagine that they haven't saw their families for a very long time."

"You're right mom but no one could dictate PD-nim.", I shrugged. 

"I worry that your bodies will get weak because of your works. Going here to there always. I can't understand what you are all doing."

"We are doing this for Onces mom. Don't worry! We're enjoying anyways.", I assured her.

"We want to celebrate your sister's graduation. She said she wants to come to _______. She likes that country very much. She was always searching about it on the internet. We want to go there as her graduation gift.", my mom mentioned Y/N's country making me listen to her carefully. "I was hoping you could come with us but you're always busy. You know, your sisters would really search for you."

"Unnie! You would come with us right? You won't disappoint us right?", my little sister pulled me.


I'd want to go there for so many reasons. To rest well, enjoy with my family, and of course, to see her again.


"I'll see what I can do.", I kissed my little sister's forehead though I know that it's too impossible to grant their wishes.

 


My family drove me back to our dorm as the members immediately went out to congratulate my sister. We went inside after they've greeted her.

"What's with that pout leader-nim?", Chaeyoung asked me.

"Nothing.", I cheerfully smiled to hide my disappointment.

"Come on. Go out of your shell.", Nayeon caressed my back.

"My mom said that they will go to _____ to celebrate my sister's graduation.", I sighed. "Of course, my family would like me to go with them but I've got responsibilities with our work."

"That's Y/N's country right?! I'd want to see her again!", Momo whined. "Can I come with them Ji?"

"Pabo! Leader-nim can't even come with them despite that she's a part of their family, how much more if it's you?!", Tzuyu told Momo.


They were all arguing about my topic as I want to stop them but I paused for awhile when I saw that my phone has a message. I received it 5 hours ago. This might not be an important message since it is only one.


Unknown: Hi Jihyo.

Me: Who's this?


"Can you guys please stop fighting there?", I scolded them. "Hey! You're all being too loud!"


They all went silent as they heard how loud my yell was. Glad that they are still afraid of me. I love how the members respect me.


Unknown: Oh! I'm sorry. It's me, Y/N.


It's Y/N! What should I do? It's been a week that I waited for this message. This message is more important than I've ever thought.


Me: Oh! Y/N! Glad that you sent me a message. What's up?

Unknown: I'm sorry. I've been fighting the urge to message you. I'm afraid that you're busy so I didn't message you as soon as I could. I guess you are really busy since you replied 5 hours after.

Me: Oh that. I'm sorry for the late reply. I was attending my sister's graduation and I didn't opened my phone. 

Unknown: It's really okay. I just want to properly thank you for the sweatshirt since I haven't thanked you last time. I was sorry for that time.

Me: No need to be sorry. We don't have enough time that time.

 

 


Y/N POV


Three days went by and we are still chatting with each other. She would always respond to me as soon as she can and would apologize if she's late.


"Oh my gosh! You got another hobby?", Micah popped out as I hid my phone afraid that she would see that I'm chatting with an idol. "What's that site? You're chatting with a foreigner? You don't have any plans of being an author anymore?"

"Geez. You've got too many questions. Just shut up. Can't you see I'm being busy here?", I got up and looked for a vacant place and continued to chat with Jihyo.


Me: I'm sorry. I'm a little bit late in replying to you now. My friend almost caught me chatting with you.

Jihyo: So what if she almost caught you?

Me: Of course, I cannot let them know about this. I respect your privacy.

Jihyo: You're always caring.

Me: Eh?

Jihyo: Nothing. I'll chat you later. Our manager called us for a meeting. Bye Y/N! I hope you'll do well with your studies. Fighting!


She inspires me. I think she's just a talented idol that shows off her talent but she's not. She's perfect. She's now my inspiration in everything. She's not just my idol.


"Oops. Why are you even here?", Millen peeked at me. "Are you hiding something from us?

"N-nope.", I stuttered and controlled myself. "We should go."

"Oh! Don't tell me that you already have a lover Y/N! Remember our bet.", Millen warned me.


Yes, we have a bet. I told her last year that I wouldn't engage myself in a relationship again. A 100-dollar bet I couldn't afford to lose.

 

*FLASHBACK*


"Promise! It might be strange but I could feel that I will end up with Jihyo!", I yelled.

"That's impossible.", Millen shook her head. "She's an idol. Are you out of your mind? She won't like you. You don't even have a chance in meeting her."

"What if I would end up with her? I could wait for 5 years! I swear! I won't be in a relationship for 5 years!"

"Are you crazy?! How many girlfriends have you had before?"

"Six.", I shyly laughed.

"See? After your breakups, you always search for a new one! That's too impossible that you could bear to be single for 5 years.", Millen threw her arms up.

"What if I could?", I glared at her. "Okay. I'll bet $100. I hate betting since I hate losing money but because of this, I'm really sure that I would win this bet."

"I won't give you $100!"

"Fine, you won't. I will be the only one to bet then. Here's the rule, if I would be in a relationship with someone without reaching this 5-year rule, I would give you the money. But, in case if I meet Jihuo personally even though it's not yet the fifth year, I'm not a loser. Okay?"

"Bet it on."

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

Jihyo's POV


"Hi girls!", PD-nim greeted us. "I have a good news for all of you."

"What is it PD-nim?", we asked in a synchronized way.

"Momo, Sana, Mina, Tzuyu, you can all go back to your countries. All of you will be having a break.", he announced as we jumped around.

"Say, you'll meet Y/N again, right?", Momo teased me. "Are you excited? You'll go to their country."

"Shut up. She's not my type."

 


_____________________________________

Author's Note: I thought I couldn't update today since I'm really very busy but I remembered my promise for you guys. Huhu. TT