Chapter 35: As Time Goes By

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Y/N POV


*FLASHBACK*


"Where do you think you're going?", a hand grabbed me while I was about to enter the comfort room.

"Of course. What do people do inside the cr?", I shoved his hand away.

"You should come with me.", Seonchu grabbed my collar this time.

"What do you think you're doing?", I pushed him away.

"Stop being stubborn and just go with us.", he commanded as I ignored him. "Boys, grab her."

"Hey! Let me go!", I struggled.


Where are they going to bring me? What's wrong with them? Is Seonchu not satisfied that he stole my friend from me?

 

 


"Why did you bring me here?", I looked around the park.

"Do you remember this place Y/N?", he smirked. "You should always remember this."

"Yes, this is the place where you hurt Jisoo.", I coldly said. "Why did you bring me here?"

"Did you remember that I swore to you that I'm going to have a good comeback? That I'm going to make you perish?", he's showing me an evil grin. "For me, this is the perfect time to do that."

"What are you planning?", my iris widened by his words.

"I'll give you a minute to familiarize this place Y/N. As time goes by, you won't remember anything about this surrounding anymore. It'll be a goodbye."


I examined the place. I can see the green bush with some withered leaves falling from the trees. The ice cream shop in front of the park. Why am I even accepting this kind of fate?


"Seonchu, why are you doing this to me?", I have watery eyes now.

"I don't know.", he took a baseball bat and whipped it on my back making me groan. "Maybe if you just stayed out of the picture, I could've spared you."

"S-stop it. P-please.", I begged him. 

"I tried to act cool by being Jisoo's bully but you ruined my plans from the beginning.", he whipped me again and again until I saw a blood dripping from my head. "What's worse was that, instead of falling in love with me, she fell in love with you. What a joke."

"She will never fall in love with me!", I stopped the blood from my forehead. "And I will never fall in love with her! I'm too young for that!"

"That's the point.", he laughed and paused for awhile. "She was the one who planned this. She said that revenge is sweet."

"She cannot do that to me.", I refused to believe him.

"You should. She's just acting innocent. I told you the truth so that you'll know how cruel the world is."


My bestfriend is also my enemy? Was that why she's ignoring me? She knows that I feel devastated everytime I approach her and she'll ignore me in return. She hates me so much. Ouch! That was painful! That was located on my nape! But it's more painful that you're behind this. I'm feeling sleepy now.

 

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 


"I should go out.", I want to rage for remembering everything but I remembered that I don't have the right to do that. "And, you are not my leader. I'm not a member of Twice."

"What's your problem?", she held me. "I don't understand you. Did you really forget me? Why am I the one?"


Cause you're not worth remembering. If I could only bump my head so many times on the wall just to forget you, I'd likely do that.


"I'm sorry.", I acted innocently. "Lina just told me who you are and what you are. I don't know you deep inside."


Yes, I don't. I thought you were a friend but it turns out that you were a monster. Maybe that's the reason why my aunt would want me to stay away from you.


"Y/N.", she got down on her knees. "I'm tired of everything. Let me tell you who I really am in your life."

 

 

 

Jihyo's POV


"I don't have time for this. I want to rest and Nayeon told me not to stress myself.", she went to her bed.

"No.", I stood up. "Kindly listen to what I'm going to say."


There's a moment of silence as I gathered my courage. This is it. This is the time. This is the moment. I have to tell it sooner, as time goes by.


"I was your friend. We're childhood friends. You were my protector. You fought with my bullies. With Seonchu. You slept beside me whenever your aunt would leave you under my mom's care. You were my everything.", I told her everything without a response from her. "I know you haven't fall asleep yet."

"So, tell me why Jisoo.", she's sobbing. 


She remembered me. She knew my previous name. The original one. She's crying. It was successful! She finally remembered me!


"Tell me why did you ignore me before I was gone from your sight?!", she yelled suddenly and she looked straight to my soul like she's going to take my heart off. "I was trying hard for you to talk to me cause I don't know the real reason why you avoided me!"

"Y/N, please calm down.", I controlled her. "Let me ex-"

"It's too late.", she chuckled while her tears were falling. "You were a monster."

"What monster are you talking about?", I walked backwards. "I was just- I was controlling my feelings cause I think that you're becoming my crush that time and until now, I think I'm still in love with you."


What the hell am I saying? Why am I revealing everything up to the point that I was confessing my feelings? Will someone please stop my big mouth?


"Again, you're too late.", she stood up. "I'm in love with Mina."

 

 

 

Y/N POV


I left her alone after saying those words. Let's lie to each other Jihyo. Let's play a deadly game. I won't leave you this time.


"Mina! Where have you been?! We were worried!", Sana hugged Mina immediately.

"Ahh! I just went to some places to calm myself.", she smiled the same smile that I adore her for. "Y/N."

"Oh. Hey.", I shyly smiled back.

"I'm glad that you're alright. You got me worried sick.", she hugged me. "I'll take care of you better next time. You should rest again."

"I think I'm fine now. I don't have to go back to the bed.", I said as Jihyo opened the door with sadness on her eyes as she looked at me and Mina. "You look so tired Minari. You should be the one who should rest."

"I will now.", she went inside the room.

 

 

"Yah! Sana! Did you know where's Mina?", I asked Sana when I found out that Mina's not on her bed anymore.

"Oops. Why were you searching for her?", she teased me.

"Nothing. I would like to ask her out.", I shrugged.

"She went outside awhile ago. I don't know if where she's going.", Sana told me. 

"We can go out together Y/N. I'm not busy. Of course, if it's alright with you.", Nayeon interrupted us.

"Sure. That won't be bad.", I smiled at Nayeon as she took my hand.

 

 

I sort of regretted hanging out with Nayeon. We're here in the beauty shop. I forgot that Nayeon likes these stuffs.


"Bb cream would be good for your face.", Nayeon showed me a bb cream. "I'll buy this for you."

"No! Don't! I don't use beauty products. The texture of bb cream gives me goosebumps.", I grabbed Nayeon.

"Why?", she frowned. "Come on! Just try!"

"Fine.", I faked a smile to erase her frown.


Bb cream papapa. Mweo eottae. Remind me not to go out with Nayeon anymore. She's being a spoiled brat. Wait, that girl outside looks like Mina. It's Mina! But wait again, that guy. Why is Mina together with Seonchu?!