Chapter 11: Don't Break My Heart

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

Jihyo's POV


"Excuse me Ms!", I called for the older woman. 

"Yes? Do you need something?", the older woman said.

"I think I know you. Do you remember me?", I asked her. "I badly needed to talk to you."


I thought I'm near in getting the answer for that one question in my mind but it's not that easy.


"I'm Park Jisoo. Does that name rings on you?", I asked her for the very last time before I'll be taken away by some obligations. "I'm really sorry but can we talk next time? I really have to go now. Here's my number. I need you."

"I know you.", she uttered.

 


Since this is the last city for our tour, we did our everlasting best. We thanked everyone who came and I was the last one who left the stage.


Unknown number: You said you want to talk? Let's grab a coffee later after your work?

Me: Sure Ms. Which coffee shop?

Unknown Number: *Coffee shop's name*. Let's meet at midnight.

Me: I'll be right there.


"Excuse me, you need this.", I saw a towel in front of me with Y/N holding it.

"Oh, thanks for caring.", I smiled at Y/N as I took the towel. "I'll know what you're hiding from me."

"Eh?", she widened her eyes.

"Nothing. Nevermind.", I left her alone.

 

 

Y/N POV


"Hey! Y/N! Why are you still here?", Kyoka asked me. "We should go home now."

"Ah! Yes!", I followed Kyoka.

"You're still stuck with their concert. Am I right? You can't move on. It's a dream come true for you.", Kyoka teased me. "It's funny how you could have refused this last time but you're glad now that you accepted such favor."

"Who wouldn't? Watching your favorite Kpop idols perform on the stage is a paradise.", I laughed. "But it's weird. Totally weird."

"What? Aren't you happy that you watched their concert and you even saw them on a closer view?"

"Not that. It's weird cause.", I paused for a while. "My bias, Jihyo, keeps on forcing me that I really know her. That she's my ex best friend. I don't really know why she keeps on saying that. She's not insane, right?"

"Eh?! How could that happen?", Kyoka was held back. "Maybe she mistook you for another person?"

"She even talked to me in Korean.", I scratched my temple.

"Ah! Maybe your translation is wrong. You can't talk Korean.", she laughed at me.

"That's the weirdest thing.", I looked at Kyoka. "I can understand what she's talking about though she's speaking on her own language. And, I could answer her fluently."


Yes, how did my ears heard those words rightfully? How did my mind processed such puzzle? How did my mouth released foreign words?


"Annyeong!", a voice erupted. "Mina-imnida. Nice to meet you. You see, I can't speak English directly but I'll try hard."

"Woah! You can speak English better than the others!", Kyoka said.

"It's because when I was young we lived in U.S. but went back to Japan when I was three years old.", Mina smiled shyly.

"You could still remember some English words even if you're just three years old by that time?", Kyoka asked Mina.

"Nae. Uh, I mean, yes."

"I was born in Japan too but my mother brought me here in the Philippines when I was three years old also.", Kyoka is being boastful. "The only difference was that, I cannot remember any Japanese words. Poor me."

"That's okay.", Mina smiled at Kyoka as she looked at me. "I think you're Y/N. Hello to you."

"Guys! Come here please! I need help!", Millen called us as she's carrying something heavy.

"I'll go there Y/N. You have to entertain Mina o stay with her. Bye.", Kyoka left me alone with Mina.

"Hello again.", Mina shyly said. "I'm sorry if I'm being shy. I'm always like that."

"Can you please talk to me in Korean?", I begged her.

"Eh?", she was shocked but she started talking in Korean. "Arasseo. Waeyo?"

"I just needed to know why my mind could process such language. It never happened before even when I'm listening to some Kpop songs.", I spoke in Korean too making both of us shocked.

"Oh my gosh! It's really possible that you are Jihyo's childhood friend!", she gasped. 

"Hi! I'm Momo! I'm really sorry if I'm being rude last time.", Momo came towards us and she bowed on me. "I was having my monthly period."

"Geez. Momo, you don't have to tell her that.", Mina hit Momo's head. "But Momo, you can talk to her in Korean. She knows how to talk Korean."

"Ouch! Oh?! Honto ni?!", Momo exclaimed. 

"Momo, not Japanese, but Korean!", Mina got mad.

"Honto.", I giggled.

"Woah! She could even speak Nihonggo!", Momo told Mina. "A multilingual girl."

"I can't. I only have a Japanese friend that would teach me some Japanese words.", I laughed at them.

"We should hang out Y/N. As in, right now.", Momo grabbed me and Mina.

 

 

Jihyo's POV


As soon as I arrived on the hotel from the cafe, I launched myself on my bedroom and cried silently. How did this happen? Is it my fault? Don't break my heart.


"Jihyo? Is there something wrong?", Momo woke up and went beside me. "Oh my gosh Ji! Were you crying? You could talk to me!"

"Ahh! Don't mind me. I'm okay. I just missed my family and I'm just really tired.", I pushed Momo away for her not to see my swollen eyes.

"Ohh. Everything's gonna be alright Ji I miss my family and friends too. I miss Japan.", Momo comforted me.

"Let's set this aside Momo, I don't want to be weak in front of my group mate.", I smiled at Momo. "So what did you do after the concert?"

"Ahh! We really enjoyed being with the tour guides especially Y/N.", she proudly said. "She's a good person and I love being cuddly with her. I'm really comfortable with her but Mina keeps on taking her away from me."


I remained silent as she mentioned Y/N's name. I'm being delusional. I don't want to have nightmares while I'm awake. If I have to beg her something, I want to tell her, "Don't break my heart".


"How about you Ji? Where have you been? We want to ask you to go out together with us but you're nowhere to find.", Momo popped out my bubble thoughts. "Ji, can I see the photo that they were talking about? Your childhood friend. I want to see if it's truly Y/N."

"It's not her.", I smiled bitterly. "She's not my childhood friend and this is why my heart is breaking."