Chapter 28: That Girl

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Mina's POV


I cannot tell anyone what I'm up to with that girl. That girl whom I know Jihyo is in love with despite of her denial. But, that girl, I want something from her.


"Did you know that Jihyo and Y/N are not communicating anymore ever since such incident happened?", Momo opened a can of soda and gave it to me. "Here, cool off your feelings too."

"Thanks.", I accepted the soda. "And Jihyo won't do anything for Y/N anymore?"

"I don't know. I don't want to interfere. It seems like she's not interested in catching up with Y/N anymore.", Momo said. 


Jihyo? She would stop doing anything to get Y/N back? That's too impossible. Anyways, that would be good if she'd do nothing. In that way, I'll be successful.


"How about you? What are you going to do with your feelings for Y/N, huh?", Momo asked me.

"Nothing too. And please, I'm not in love with her so stop your assumptions.", I rolled my eyes as I stood up to go inside the room.

"Denial state.", I heard Momo's tease.


I'm seriously not in love with her. But, I have plans. Plans that couldn't be ruined by anyone. Plans to save someone.


"Ouch.", I heard someone growled when I opened the door.

"Oh. I'm sorry Ji. What are you doing over there?", I stared at her suspiciously.

"Ahh! Nothing!", she trembled as she went back to her bed. "I was just searching for something but I'm so sleepy now. I'll resume my searching tomorrow."

"Oh. Fine. Good night Ji.", I hope she wasn't listening to our conversation.

 

 

I was just fixing my bed when I found something. It was a picture of you and Jihyo. Ugh. Way to ruin my day. I looked at the photo and examined your face. Why do I miss you? 


"Missing her early in the morning?", Sana placed her chin on my shoulder making me panic. "Don't worry! Jihyo's not here. She went somewhere."

"And why would I even worry if she's here?", I pushed her away and placed the photo on the drawer. 

"Cause the two of you are rivals! Obviously!", she raised her hands up.

"You're crazy! Obviously!"

"Come on. Girls talk. Tell me honestly about your feelings with Y/N."

"I'm numb. I don't feel something towards her."

"I know you're lying!", she kept on persuading me and did some aegyos. "Come on now Mina-chan!"

"Fine! I missed her but I'm not in love with her!", I gave up. "I would never ever develop some feelings for her. Are you happy now?"

"Sadly, I'm still unsatisfied.", she pouted.

"Grrr. Get out of here now!", I went back to my bed and covered my entire body with my blanket.

"I'll come back if your head's clear little Minari."


I'm sorry Y/N. I should never fall in love with you. It's for the best. I hope you'll listen to me. I'm no good for you. I hate you.

 

 

Jihyo's POV


"I miss hanging out with you unnie.", Tzuyu smiled while we're shopping together. "So, how's life unnie?"

"Life? It goes on with or without her.", I coldly said.

"Yeah! Life goes on but you still mentioned her.", Tzuyu chuckled. "Your life still revolves around her! What a life!"

"The cut is still fresh. It'll heal too soon."

"It won't. It's long-lasting since the very beginning. Since your childhood days.", Tzuyu winked at me. "Yah! Unnie! Let's buy that sweatshirt! It looks cool."


It's Tzuyu's fault why I was suddenly reminded of the sweatshirt I gave Y/N. I'll admit I miss her. That girl plays a huge role in my life. Could I even buy her another sweatshirt in the future?


"What do you think about this unnie?", Tzuyu called my attention.

"You look so perfect.", I gave her a grin. "Let me buy that for you."

"Eh? Are you sure unnie? You know, I brought money."

"It's fine. I don't usually do this.", I took my wallet out and was shocked.


Why is my wallet lacking? Where is it? I cannot live without it! What the hell! Why would someone take it instead of my money?


"Are you alright unnie?", Tzuyu was concerned now.

"Oh yes! Here you go!", I gave a few bucks to the cashier.


Ugh! Is this a karma cause I listened to Mina and Momo's conversation secretly? I never should've told Mina that I was searching for something. Look what happened.


"Should we go home now?", I asked Tzuyu after buying the sweatshirt.

"Would you like to go home?"

"I was the one who asked first."

"Then, let's go home."

 

 

"Yah! Mina! Where are you going?", I heard Nayeon's scream by the time we arrived home. "I know that we're having a break right now, but at least, please tell us where you're going!"

"What's the matter here?", I went inside the room and saw Mina packing her things. "Mina? Where are you going?"

"I'm going to have a little vacation.", she smiled nervously.

"I can't let you out if you won't tell me."

"Geez! Why are you guys so hardheaded? You're no fun.", she got mad. "Can you at least give me a break?"

"Not unless if you will tell us where you're going.", Nayeon said.

"Fine! I'll go to Y/N.", Mina looked at me.


Another mention on her name would make my mind go blank. After all, I'm the one who knows her well. I'm the one who should look after that girl.


"No. Stay.", I released some words. "You're not going anywhere."

"It's my choice. Not yours.", Mina glared at me.

 

 


Y/N POV


"Yah! Why did we even buy a ticket? It's too early! I don't know what reason should I say for my mom to believe!", I slapped Lina's shoulder.

"Relax! Let me do the thing.", she calmed me down. "Now, here we go."


I pulled her back before she opens the door of our house. I'll make it sure first that my mom's mood is good.


"What are you going to tell her?", I focused on Lina.

"Stay still and watch.", she opened the door. "Mrs. L/N? It's me, Lina!"

"Oh! Lina! You're here! What are you up to?", mom suddenly showed up with a gleeful smile. "Have you eaten already? I'll prepare you some snacks."

"No need for that Mrs. L/N. I just want to talk to you about something."

"Sure, go on."

"Can Y/N go with me to Japan? I know how badly Y/N wants to go to Japan and since I'm going to have a vacation there, it would be better if she'll come with me. I'll guide her."


I looked at Lina with a determined face and I looked at my mom's face trying to read her answer. Mom, please say yes.


"What do you say Mrs. L/N? Would you let us go together?", Lina called for my mom's attention again.


Please say yes Mom! The ticket was so expensive! I'm also running out of time to talk with Jihyo! Say yes now! Be a good mom!