Chapter 18: I Don't Know

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Jihyo's POV


Due to being busy because we just had our comeback, I haven't communicated with Y/N anymore. She's not even chatting with me. I don't know if she had forgotten me already. It's already May.


"Okay guys! Take a rest now. We'll work harder tomorrow.", our manager shouted. "Jihyo, can you stay here for a moment? I'd like to talk to you."

"What is it manager-nim?", I asked him.

"Who's that Y/N? The members keep on talking about her whenever you are not around.", he started talking. "Is that person the one that inspires you that's why you're working hard?"

"Nope! I would always do everything for Onces!", I denied. "Y/N? She's one of our tour guides on the last country where we held our world tour. Why? What are the members talking about her? They like Y/N so much."

"Not much, but they are talking about you and that Y/N. They were making theories about your childhood friend and Y/N."


I can't believe this. Are they talking about me behind my back? Now, I don't know if I should trust my members about this.


"Oh that.", I bowed my head. "Forget that manager-nim, Y/N is just a new friend."

"A new friend? More like, you like her. Joking.", manager-nim teased me. "Seriously, you can already date someone next 4 months so it's not a big deal if you're going to be in love now. Just think about the consequences though."

"I am serious manager-nim. I don't like Y/N. We just went out together since I've got no one to go out with when we went back to her country."

"So date the author instead.", he teased me again as I got annoyed.

"I don't know that author. Besides, dating is not really my priority right now."

 

 

"Mina, can I talk to you?", I called Mina as we are ready to sleep.

"Sure.", she smiled at me.


I want to wipe that smile. I still can't believe on what manager-nim told me. They can't be this evil right? I'm hoping for the truth.


"Tell me honestly, are you talking about me and Y/N?", I directly asked her as she went silent. "I just want to know the truth. Don't worry. I won't get mad if you're just going to tell me the truth. We're group mates right?"

"We are still curious if Y/N is your childhood friend. Suspicions. That's the truth Ji.", she frowned. "We just want to help you and I like solving mysteries."


Indeed, Mina is a mysterious lady and she also likes mysteries. I appreciate her for doing such favor but I don't want them to be dragged on my problem. I don't want her to discover more about us.


"Our situation is not your concern.", I blunted.

"Ji, are you mad at me now?", she grabbed my hand as I was about to leave. "I'm really sorry. I promise, I will tell the others also to stop bothering your friendship."

"Thanks Mina.", I smiled at her.

 

 


Y/N POV


September is my birth month which is next 4 months already and since I earned a lot of money on my summer job and also my part-time job, I am now asking myself on what to do with my money and what should I give to myself as a gift for myself. Self love is okay.


Me: Yah! Guys! What do you think should I spend with my money?

Micah: Nothing else than to treat us! 

Shaira: Boastful kid you are Y/N. You don't have to brag to us that you earned a lot of money.

Frances: Save it! I'll borrow money from you! The expenses on dentistry is no joke! Btw, I miss you all guys!

Me: Shame on you all!


I muted our groupchat knowing that I won't get a proper answer from my friends. They are a bunch of weirdos.


Me: Yah! Lina! What should I do with my money?

Lina: *sent a picture* You should buy this picture worth 20 dollars. Hello, I look like Jihyo here.

Me: You are worse than the others. You disgust me.


I switched the Wi-Fi off but I can't deny the fact that Lina looks like Jihyo a little. Even Jihyo cannot deny it so she mentioned it to me last time. They both have big eyes, pale skin, and a goddess beauty. Except that Lina doesn't have a talent like Jihyo. Well well, well, why am I even thinking about Jihyo? Oh wait! I have an idea now!


"Mom! Can you go with me tomorrow? I have an important place to go and I need you to go with me!", I called for my mother.

"What is it that you want now? As long as money is not involved, I'll go with you.", mom answered as I chuckled.


Our attitude is really the same. We are not impulsive buyers and we always remember if someone borrowed us some money.

 

 


Jihyo's POV


It's the second day of September today so I managed to have a time to leave Y/N a message since I know that it's her birthday tomorrow. She wasn't online for 1 day already.


"Where's Mina?", I asked Dahyun.

"I don't know. I'm also searching for Momo but they're missing.", she shrugged.

"Aish. Those girls. Where did they go this time?", I cupped my chin. "It's already late at night. What do they think they are doing?"

"Jihyo! You have a message!", Nayeon gave me my phone. "I think it's important. It disturbed my sleep."

"I'm sorry!", I did my aegyo as Nayeon went back inside our room.


Mina: You have to meet me at the rooftop.

Mina: Oh! I forgot to tell you the time. Let's meet at 12 am.

Mina: We have to talk about something. This is a serious talk.

Mina: I want to give you something.

Me: Geez. Minari, you don't have to flood my phone. You should've called me instead.

Mina: I'm shy. I'm sorry.

Me: That's alright. Sure, I'll see you later.


Time check, it's now 11:11 pm. Should I wish? I won't. It won't come true anyways. I want to see Y/N but it won't come true. It's impossible.


I took a little nap and alarmed the designated time in meeting Mina later. I don't know but I am feeling mixed emotions this time. I don't want the awkwardness that we dealt last time to happen again this time. Please, not now.

 


"Mina? Are you here?", I arrived 4 minutes late on the rooftop as I searched for the latter. "Mina, stop joking this time please. If you won't come out within a minute, I would leave this place."

"You are so impatient leader-nim.", Mina's voice came out. "You were even late for 4 minutes and now you're counting me? Pathetic."

"I'm sorry for that.", I blushed.

"Come, follow me.", she took my hand and walked me for a few more meters. 


We walked until there is a visible thing. It's large and it is wrapped with a gift wrapper. Is this a surprise?


"L-leader-nim, I know that it's my fault that we became awkward last time. So, let me make it up to you.", she smiled at me. "I have a gift for you. I hope this'll make you happy. I-i..."

 

No no no. Don't tell me that Mina likes me or does feel something towards me. I don't like where this is going.