Chapter 39: Deja Vu

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

So before and after reading this guys, I want you to listen to Deja Vu by Twice. Pretty pleaseeeee.


WARNING: Don't let something distract you while reading this!

 

 

Jihyo's POV


I will never forget what happened yesterday. I will never forget the sudden problems, the unexpected confessions, and the feeling I felt by that kiss.


"Ji, are you already awake?", Jeongyeon peeked on the door. "You've got a letter. I don't know where this came from."

"Thank you.", I got up and took the letter from her. "You really are a good friend for not opening this."

"Whatever.", she closed the door.


What could be the content of this letter? If this is all about love, well, I am not interested. This letter looks serious. A case? Someone filed a case against me? It's from Y/N's aunt?


"What the hell?!", I blurted out. "How could she do this?!"

"Is there something wrong Ji?", Sana said with concern written all over her face. "What's that letter about?"

"Where's Y/N?", I ignored Sana's question.

"She might be with Chaeyoung on the living room."


I went outside and looked at Y/N who's watching a movie with Chaeyoung. I grabbed her and brought her on the rooftop not minding Chaeyoung who's calling for us.


"What's wrong with you?! Let me go! Your tight grip hurts me!", she complained as I stopped when we are already on the rooftop. "You know what? I really can't understand you. One moment you're being sweet to me then next, you're mad without any reason at all. Yesterday, you kissed me and now you're hurting me?"

"Shut up and let me talk!", I yelled at her and shoved the letter on her chest. "Is this what you'd want to happen?"


She took the letter slowly and I felt the same feelings when I felt her hand brushed over mine. Why can't I get mad at her completely?


"I know you know that this is going to happen! You are worse! You're accusing me that I planned together with Seonchu to do that incident but you! This is the truth! You planned this along with your aunt!"

"Ji, I don't know what to say about this.", she looked down. "I don't even know how my aunt knew this. But, Ji, I don't know if you'll believe in me but I think that I'm starting to believe that you weren't responsible of Seonchu's action. I might blame that on the kiss but my heart believes so. Doesn't the way I believe matters?"


My heart smiled when I heard it by my own ears that you are starting to believe in me. Sorry, I never worked too hard for my name to be ruined in the end. Though I worked hard for you, I realized that I used my body for it.


"I don't know what to say.", I walked away. "But I know what I feel for you."

 

 

 

 

Mina's POV


Early morning's fresh air is a good thing to calm myself from the whirlwind that passed by yesterday. I might have confessed everything to you but I know to whom you belong. You belong to... Look at the two of you here on the rooftop right now. I have to hide for a moment so they wouldn't be distracted. Whatever I'm going to see, I'll take the pain. Why are they arguing? What?! Y/N's aunt filed a case against Jihyo?


"Seonchu! Listen to what I'm gonna say.", I called him when I overheard their conversation. "This is serious."

"I'm more problematic here. Please, don't disturb me. I have to go to my lawyer.", he almost hung up but I stopped him.

"No! I know someone who's more problematic than you! Stop being a fool!"

"I don't have time for this Mina. We have to talk next time. I received a letter. Y/N's aunt filed a case against me. Good-"

"Shut up! You're not the only one who received such letter!", I interrupted him.

"What?! Who else?!", he focused on me.

"You deserved it Seonchu but Jihyo doesn't deserve this!"

"She also filed a case against Jisoo?! Is she insane?!"

"It's your fault! Fix this!", I threw away my phone.


I can't accept the fact that Y/N would probably lose the one she love inside her heart though she's ignorant by the fact that her own heart beats for Jihyo.

 

 

 


Y/N POV


"Auntie! Please! How could you be sure that Jisoo is involved with this?", I went to my aunt's place.

"What are you saying Y/N? You told me that you remembered everything and that you heard Seonchu saying that Jisoo was the one who planned it! Are you being stupid right now?", my aunt shouted back. "Come on Y/N! They deserve this! Justice should always prevail! We can't let them get away from this!"

"No! Auntie! I tell you, she's a good friend until now. I can see through her! She doesn't deserve this!", I cried at her. "Please, she worked hard. What if this would go publicly?! I can't imagine the thought of her suffering from the bashers!"

"I told you! She deserved it! You can't change my mind!", she insisted. "I'll give her a bonus for tomorrow. I won't let the press know and I will ask for security to secure our privacy until the time comes. For tomorrow, no one would know yet."

 

 


Today is the day. I don't want to get out from my bed. Why am I even sleeping in their place? I turned around to look at Jihyo. Her eyes. It makes me sad to see her eyes having black spots. She cried well but didn't sleep well. She stood up and went to the bathroom. I looked at the members who were feeling down by the news. I am guilty.


"I am sorry guys. I tried my best to stop my aunt.", I stood up and bowed at them. "I have to leave this place right now. I'm a bad omen."

"Don't leave.", Nayeon held me.

"I don't want to but I have to.", I smiled weakly.

 

 


This is so tense. Why am I beside my aunt when I really wanted to be by Jihyo's side? I kept on glancing at her until her parents arrived to comfort her together with the members.


"You! I treated you as a friend and not just a neighbor and you're going to do this to my daughter!", Jihyo's mom slapped my aunt real hard.

"I'll sue you for that!", my aunt threatened her. "There are so many witnesses here on what you did!"


The guards kept them away. The hearing should start by now but Seonchu's still not here. He's 10 minutes late. Still waiting.


"Listen Jisoo. If Seonchu, your slave, won't come in the next 5 minutes, this issue will go publicly.", my aunt voiced out.

"I am sorry.", Jihyo humbly answered.


It hurts to hear her say sorry. I want to do something for her. If I could only teleport to her side. I'd comfort her in my arms.


"Don't worry. I am already here now.", a voice suddenly echoed. "We could start now."


The hearing was awkward for all of us. My aunt keeps on giving warnings to both Seonchu and Jisoo. When will this end?


"Your honor and to everyone who is here around.", Seonchu stood up and nodded at us. "I take all the blame but there's one thing that everybody should know especially to Y/N's aunt."


Everyone focused on him and I saw Mina with her eyes hoping on something. Why do I feel nervous and excited at what he's going to say?


"Park Jisoo or should I say Park Jihyo, shouldn't be accused. I lied to all of you. I was just afraid that time but right now, I know that the truth will set me free. Jisoo, Y/N, and to everyone, with my deepest gratitude, I am truly very sorry."

"What is this?", my aunt was confused while the other people rejoiced.


Mina is indeed right. He's not a bad guy anymore. The past should not linger on the present. Everyone deserves a second life, not just a second chance.


"Your honor!", I raised my hand. "As the victim, I have the right to cancel this case within my own knowledge. He was just a child that time. We were just kids. We were acting stupid. Seonchu, I forgive you."


Seonchu beamed at what I said that he didn't realize that he's watery eyes became a stream. Jihyo also cried on her mother's arms. If we could only give peace a chance all around the world.


"Case closed.", the judge smiled at us.

 

 

 


Mina's POV


*FLASHBACK*


"Mina, I have to tell you something.", Seonchu eyebrows furrowed while we're watching on the field. "I was a bad guy before."


We are currently spending our time together since I'm going to Korea tomorrow. I know that my bestfriend is going to miss me. I have to leave Japan to be a trainee and to accomplish my dreams.


"You? A bad guy? That's not new.", I .

"I'm serious Mina.", he glared at me. "I almost killed a person when we were still kids. I was childish. I was spoiled."

"What the hell?", I closed the Korean dictionary I'm currently reading. "Tell me more about it."

"It's because I thought I'm in love with a girl named Jisoo that made me be cruel against a person because of jealousy.", he went on. "Now, I'm feeling terrified. I told her aunt that Jisoo was the mastermind because I'm afraid. That's when I realized that it's not love that I'm feeling cause I acted foolish yet I didn't face the consequences and I even blamed the girl that I thought I love. My father, because of his power and money, he made that old woman's mouth zippered."

"What the hell."

"Let me tell you one thing, I hope you won't be like that. We call it obsession. Don't follow that path. If you truly love someone, let her go. You deserve someone else. You are made for someone else."

 

 


"Hi! What's your name?", a big-eyed girl approached me.

"Uhhh. I am Mina. I am new here.", I bowed at her.

"Woah! Cool! So where are you from?", she asked me.

"Umm... I'm from Kobe, Japan."

"What?! You are a Japanese ?!", she exclaimed. "Cooler! Your Korean sounds good! I didn't expect you to be a foreigner!"


Why is this girl so jolly? I'm not fond of talking very well especially that I'm a foreigner. I am so shy. What should I do now?


"Anyways, I forgot to tell you my name. I'm sorry. Well, Mina, my name's Park Jisoo.", she smiled warmly.


Jisoo? That name sounds familiar. Jisoo? Let me think where I've heard that before. Jisoo? Jisoo?! As in Jisoo the one that Seonchu talked about?! Seonchu came from Korea too! It could really be her!

 


*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 

 


Y/N POV


"Do you really have to go home?", Jihyo was saddened by the thought of me leaving. 

"Hmm. I guess I really got tired from all the dramas.", I nodded at her while we are walking on the park. "After a decade, all was revealed and all was solved."


We kept on walking silently and felt the breeze of the air. Perhaps, even if I have to examine the surroundings once again, nothing will really change. It'll remain the same. It's the same place that we made memories together. May it be good and bad. My amnesia made me feel and think that everything that happened was deja vu.


"Say, Y/N, why did you hide here on the bushes?", Jihyo broke the silence.

"I don't even know. We were kids that time right? So, we were a bunch of weirdos. We know nothing about life.", I giggled and looked at my phone. "Oh! Wait, Mina is calling."

"Hello! I know that we can't meet again but I have to tell you something about what love is.", Mina's back on Japan to rest. "Nevermind. You are ignorant. Bye. See you someday."

"Wait, what?", I tried to catch up but she hung up already. "Grr. She's getting weirder. Oops. We have to go now Ji. The flight will be in 30 minutes."

"Right.", she frowned.


I remember that I was the one who felt sad when I went with her to the airport when she's about to leave the country. Now, I'll be the one who will leave her. Again, it's like a deja vu. 

 

 


"Finally! You are here already! We have to leave in 5 minutes!", my aunt called for us and I was glad that she finally smiled at Jihyo.

"Can you go first auntie? Can I spend my last 5 minutes with Jihyo?", I begged at her as she raised her brow but left us. 

"You really have to go now Y/N.", she looked away.

"Can I take your mask off?", I asked her gently.

"Why?", she gulped. "There are so many people here Y/N. They'll know who I am!"


Being as hardheaded as I am, I took off her mask and looked at her. She didn't complain. Today is final. I kissed her lips passionately and my heart fluttered when she kissed back.


"I am sorry for being ignorant Ji. Now, I'm going to tell you that.", I paused as my flight was called. "Let me say this faster, you are my first love. And indeed, first love never dies."


I let her hand go and started walking. I looked back and saw her crying. I ran back to her and kissed her again not minding the people who were staring strangely at us. A kiss with a fairytale flavor. A story with an angst feeling.


"This might be the last kiss I'm going to give to you as my course would require my whole attention especially that I lost many lessons so I have to surrender everything until I'll graduate. I am sorry for this.", I cried at her. "Don't worry. We managed to conquer everything. If time comes that we'll meet again, we will think that it is a deja vu but you and me, we'll make it real. We'll make it to the end."


I left her and ran before the gates are going to close. I left you with regrets. Live your own life, my love. Love is to let go. Love is destined if it is. Love shall come again like a deja vu. You and my deja vu. It's you, my deja vu.

 

 

~THE END~

 

 

_____________________________


Author's Note: Thank you for supporting this story guys! See you when I see you! TT <3333