Chapter 8: Start Looking For Me

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

 

Jihyo's POV


"Why are you guys late?", our choreographer hissed at us.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault.", I apologized.

"Come on now. We've got no time for drama.", she clapped her hands and lead us on our way.

 


"4 3 2 1! Come on guys! Count!", our choreographer keeps on shouting at us.

"Excuse me, can I talk to them for a moment?", our manager interrupted our practice. "Hey guys! After your dance practice, you have to go to our meeting place. JYP has something to tell you guys."

"Oh my gosh! Are we doomed Manager-nim?", Sana grabbed our manager's arm.

"I hope we'll receive a good news.", Chaeyoung mumbled.

"Shhh. Go back to your practice now guys! You'll find out later. Good luck.", our manager went outside already.

"Go back here now!", our choreographer yelled making us go back to our positions.


Geez! Why did PD-nim hired this bulldog-faced choreographer? She might be good in dancing but, hello, attitude.


"Time's up! Your performance today is good. Just good. I hope it will be better.", our choreographer turned off the music after an hour of practicing.

"Can we have another choreographer next time? She .", Tzuyu rolled her eyes as we went outside.

"Momo, you have to replace her.", Dahyun pouted as she held Momo's arm. "She's so mean."


I chuckled a little seeing the two of them clinging into each other's arms. I didn't realize that everyone's staring strangely at me.


"Why are you laughing?", Momo asked me with a stern look. 

"Oh? I wasn't laughing.", I covered my mouth.

"I never thought that you could be weird too Ji.", Momo told me as she looked back at Dahyun.


If they only knew that I was laughing cause I remembered some fanfics I've read. Also, DahMo shippers will think that they are successful.


"You're wet. Here, let me wipe your sweat.", Mina came towards me holding a towel while were waiting for PD-nim.

"No!", I stopped Mina's hands as she looked shock. "I mean, I'm okay. No need to worry about me Mina. I can handle this."


If Mina only knows that I remembered the fanfic I read last night. The fanfic where we were shipped together. A big no for me.


"Jihyo? Are you okay?", Mina asked me with a concerned look.


"So you're already here girls.", PD-nim entered the room and smiled brightly at us. "So, let's talk about something serious here."


I looked at each of my members faces hoping that it is not a scandal or a bad news for us. Being a leader means being the involved on the doings of my members.


"Why do you look like you're all worried?", PD-nim cracked a laugh. "Come on guys. I just want to tell you that..."

"Cut off the chase PD-nim! Jebal!", Nayeon whined.

"Sorry sorry. First, let me ask you. What do you want to hear first? Bad news? Or good news?"

"Good news!", we all shouted.

"Fine, you'll be having your world tour starting next week!", PD-nim grabbed a confetti and popped it as we jumped around.

"So, what about the bad news PD-nim? What is it about?", Sana pouted as we froze.

"Oh, I almost forgot about that.", he cupped his chin. "You know, having a world tour is putting yourselves on a lot of pressure which means, work should be doubled then."

"As expected.", we all sighed and sat on our chairs again.

"Don't worry. I'll give you a chance to go around the cities you're destined after you're done with your concert.", he assured us as he got near us.

"As if we won't plop on our beds after concert.", we all laughed at Tzuyu's comment.

 


"Reading another fan fiction again?", Momo sat beside me and peeked a little on my phone.

"Rereading it. That's the right term for what I'm doing right now.", I let Momo peek on my phone. "You've got to read this too. After all, it's a fanfic about you. It's a little bit funny that we are rivals here."

"Nah! I won't waste my time for that.", Momo rolled her eyes.

"It's late already. Why aren't the two of you sleeping?", Mina appeared as she drank a glass of water. 

"Minari! Can you get me any food there?", Momo pouted as Mina smiled at her.

"Here you go.", Mina gave Momo a leftover cake from the refrigerator as she sat beside me. "I wonder why you're so addicted on stories."

"Maybe because I like other people's stories.", I shrugged as the two cuddled with me. "Hey guys! You don't have to cling on me."

"I'd like to read that story since you like that Ji.", Mina said.

"No! You cannot read this! This is not suitable for you!", I panicked as I remembered that we are being shipped here.

"Why can't Mina read it? You're persuading me to read it but you won't refer it to Mina?", Momo asked me as I looked at Mina with a hopeful face. "How about you try to be our storyteller for this night Ji."

"Fine! I'll give you a teaser.", I surrendered.

 


Two weeks have passed and we are all busy preparing for our world tour. It makes me sad most of the time that I couldn't read some fanfics anymore. One thing is inside my mind, after our tour, I should start looking for the author. I don't know. I'm really interested on meeting her personally. I'd like to convince her to work for more fan fictions.


"Hey! What's up? You're spacing out.", Jeongyeon came near me. "Break time? Daydreaming time?"

"It's funny.", I chuckled weirdly.

"What's funny?", Jeongyeon stared at me.

"Something's wrong.", I chuckled again and frowned after. "I think I'm having a crush on an author."

"I guess that's truly weird.", Jeongyeon laughed at me. "Why are you sad?"

"I can't have a crush on someone."

"Why is that so?"

"I'm still in love with my past. Don't get me wrong. I'm not that referring to a person."

 

 

Y/N POV


Ugh! What should I do? I'm getting lazy on updating for almost two weeks. Should I continue writing my drafted story? But, I don't have any ideas anymore. I'll continue it next time. I want to read some news about Kpop stars for now. Ting! A chat head popped up. It's from my friend who's also a fan of Kpop especially on Blackpink, BTS, and yes, Twice.


Lina: Believe me or not!

Me: What?

Lina: Look at this! Read this!


She sent me a link and I opened it. It's about Twice! Twice is going to have their world tour already! They also have a tour on our country! Specifically, the city where I live! Eotteokhae?!


Lina: Still alive?! Are you done reading?


I can't reply since my fingers were frozen and I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say. 


Lina: Okay. Time of Y/N's death: 9:28 pm. Date: February 20, 2018. Rest in peace Y/N. We love you so much.

Me: Make it sure that you won't cry while making me an epitaph. I hate you for being so crazy.

Lina: So what should we do now? We can't let this concert pass!

Me: Go by yourself then.

Lina: What?! Are you serious? I thought you're in love with Twice! 

Me: I am, but financial problems.

Lina: Whatever, just chat me if ever you're going to change your mind. One month Y/N. One month. 

 

I locked myself in my room as I cried imagining that I am just inside my house while the Onces are enjoying on their concert. I felt hurt when I imagined seeing them on the stadium, singing along with them, dancing with the dancing lights, catching whatever they are throwing, giving them my phone for them to take a selfie with us, seeing the pores on their faces if they ever have. But no, life is cruel, I should wake up and accept the fact that I'm not meant to see them. Will they start looking for me if ever they saw me on their concert? They won't. No miracle is going to happen. As an author, I have many imaginations. Those imaginations are only mere imaginations. Not a reality.