Chapter 37: Time Keeps Ticking

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Y/N POV


"Y/N! Get out of here!", my aunt forcefully opened the door.

"What are you doing here auntie?", I widened my eyes on my aunt.

"I should be the one to ask you that!", my aunt grabbed me.

"Your aunt is here because I called her!", Lina rushed to catch us.


I glared at her. I can't believe that another friend of mine would be a traitor again. Who should I trust now?


"Why did you do that?", I set myself free from my aunt. 

"Eh?", Lina examined me. "Hey! You told me awhile ago to call your aunt cause you badly wanna go home! Geez. What a mindset."

"Oops. My fault.", I said as my aunt opened the door of the taxi and pushed me inside.

"I was right! You were here! And don't you ever go near Jisoo again!", my aunt scolded me.

"Never shall I do that again.", I looked away and stared through the window. "So this it, I'm going back home."


The park, it seems like someone or something is making me remember this place again. I'm trying to memorize it again. It seemed like it happened again back from the time when Seonchu forcefully told me to examine the place as my last view.

 

 

 

"The two of you!", my aunt pointed her fingers to both of us. "Stay here! Don't go outside anymore!"


With that, my aunt went outside again leaving us inside her room. It's alright. I deserve this. They deserve this too except for Nayeon.


"Yah! Why do I have to stay here? It's not like I'm her niece!", Lina complained. 

"I'm sorry.", I bowed down. "You could go out. I'm going to explain to my aunt that you don't have to be treated on such way."

"How about you? Do you want me to leave you here alone by yourself?", she eyed on me. "What if you're going to have a headache again? By the way, Sana told me about your story and mentioned Seonchu."

"I'll be alright. Enjoy yourself while we're still here.", I nodded. "Don't mind Seonchu. He might've hurt me before but not this time. I'm more hurt that Jihyo and Mina were worse than him. That's the reason why I wanted to go home. I don't feel safe around them anymore."

"What?"

"Seonchu was the one who's responsible of my amnesia. What's worse? I saw Mina going out with him awhile ago. Let's end this here. I don't want to talk more about him."

"What if something bad would happen to you especially that Seonchu is back? What if he'll do something to make you suffer again?"

"Don't worry about me. I can handle myself.", I pushed her outside. "I'm a strong independent woman from now on."

 

 

 


Mina's POV


What's this now? Why did I let her go easily? I promised it to her before that I won't let her aunt take her. I'll never be her hero.


"Lina! I'm glad that you're back!", I heard Sana's yell when she opened the door. "But, where's Y/N?"


My hope is lost. I thought that I could bring her back. I thought that time could go back to the way we used to be.


"Her aunt won't let her out. Her aunt is very furious. She might do something if she found out that Y/N is not there anymore.", Lina explained. "What made me worry more was that Y/N was left there alone. Seonchu could attack her anytime."

"Then why did you leave her alone?", Sana asked her.

"She's being hardheaded. I can't do this alone! I need you guys! Maybe one of you could convince her!"

"Seonchu?", Nayeon rubbed her head to think. "I think I've heard that name before. Wait! Mina-"

"Let's get her before Seonchu could.", I interrupted her before the words would come out.

 

 

 

Jihyo's POV


"Where do you think you're going?", Lina stopped Mina by pushing her chest.


I was surprised by Lina's move. I don't know if who's being rude. Is it Lina cause she did that to Mina? Or, it's Mina cause she didn't give Nayeon a chance to talk.


"Do you by any chance know Seonchu?", Lina confronted Mina. "Does that name ring?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. We have to go.", Mina tried to walk but Lina won't let her.

"Yes! I heard that name when you called that guy whom you were together with on the mall! Y/N acted strange when she saw the two of you.", Nayeon cheered and frowned after. "How do you know him too Lina? Did Y/N told you that? Was she jealous that's why she ran away?"

"Bull! I know that you were up to something!", I pushed Mina on the wall. "Tell me what do you want Mina?!"

"I want nothing!", Mina fought back.

"The two of you! Stop that! We have to save Y/N!", Jeongyeon and Tzuyu separated us. "Time keeps ticking! We have to go now!"

"This is not the end. You'll taste your own blood.", I passed by Mina.

"I know enough compared to you Jihyo.", she snickered.


That made me wonder what she said. I thinks she's still a traitor. So that's why Y/N is mad with her too. She have to pay this.

 

 

 


Y/N POV


"Y/N!", my aunt yelled while I'm still taking a bath. "Y/N! Where are you?! Don't tell me she escaped again!"

"I'm here inside the bathroom auntie. Don't worry. I'm tired of everything. I won't manage to escape.", I tried to answer while the water's running through my mouth.

"What are you talking about?", she got near the bathroom.

"Let me finish here first.", I went faster and put my clothes on.

 

 

"What do you mean?", she interrogated me when I was done. 

"So this Seonchu guy hit my head with a baseball bat causing my amnesia. Jisoo is one of the suspects too.", I crossed my arms on my chest. "Was that why you wanted me to stay away from Jisoo?"

"H-how did you remember everything?"

"You don't have to ask me. Now, tell me something too.", I begged for her honesty. "Last time, I went here with my friend and I heard you talking to my mom that you were here since last time. Why is that so? What are you doing here?"

"I can't tell you that. Not now", she looked away. "By the way, where's your friend?"

"Let her be. She's not your niece."

"Well. I guess I should leave again. I'll be back here. I trust you not to escape.", she warned me.


I was left alone again. This life is complicated. Deep thoughts will occur again later. I don't want to leave. I want to stay here. Time keeps ticking. She'll search for me again. Who's knocking on the door this time? I sense danger.

 

 

_________________________

Author's Note: 2 more chapters!