Chapter 15: We Don't Have To Lie

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

 

Y/N POV


We don't have class and as soon as I woke up, I looked at my phone if Jihyo left me a message. It's strange. She didn't message me today. Maybe she's busy.


Me: Good Morning Jihyo! I hope you're doing well! Have a nice day ahead!


I sent her a message and was expecting a reply but she didn't. A day is not called a day without a simple communication between us. What should I do?


Me: Do you guys have any plans?


I asked on our group chat. I want to do anything today. I don't want to rot inside our house.


Kyoka: Sorry. I'm out of town today.

Micah: I don't want to go anywhere even if you pull me out of my bed.

Millen: I've got so many things to do. I'm sorry Y/N.


Grrr. Everyone's rejecting me today. I'm like TT. I guess I'll go by myself then. Singles be like. I dressed myself and went to the mall. Arcade is the best.

 

"Bang bang bang!", I played a shooting game and I don't care if people look strangely at me.

"I didn't know that you're a good shooter.", a familiar voice made me stop. 

"Jihyo.", I looked at the latter who's smiling widely at me. "You're here."

"Yes, I'm sorry if I didn't contact you. I was about to tell you that I'm here but...", she shrugged. "Fate brought us together."

"Why are you here? I thought you were busy that's why you haven't left me a message this morning.", I asked her as she chuckled.

"You're seeking for my attention. That's new.", I blushed as she said that. "I like that side of yours."

"I'm not!", I walked away from the arcade.

"We have just saw each other and you're going to leave me right away?", she pouted as she grabbed my hand. "Let's go together."

 


I brought her to a restaurant that I like and it seems like she's searching for somebody. Will someone join us?


"Unnie!", a little girl's voice came out of nowhere and she directly hugged Jihyo. "You didn't join me when I rode the carousel!"

"Unnie is very sorry. I met a friend. Don't worry, I'll be by your side next time.", Jihyo kissed the forehead of the little girl as she placed the girl on the seat beside her.

"Darling, you shouldn't have left us like that! You made us worry! And who's this girl together with you?", an older woman glanced at me making her eyes widen. "So it's true."

"Annyeong Haseyo.", I bowed at the older woman who's still looking at me.

"Ah! Y/N! This is my mom. Mom, meet Y/N, a new friend of mine.", Jihyo introduced us as I shook her mother's hand.


This is a bad timing. I badly want to go to the comfort room to release this "human nature" but I don't want to be a disrespectful person. I just met her mother and maybe this is the reason why I felt nervous.


"Excuse me, I really have to go to the comfort room. I'll be back.", I stood up as I can't handle this feeling anymore.

 

 


Jihyo's POV


"So, you wanted us to meet each other that's why you called for us? We don't have to lie.", mom opened up. 

"Mom, please, I just want you to meet her. But please, I beg you, don't ever mention anything to her.", my tone changed into a serious and solemn tone. "She might hate me."

"Don't worry darling, I won't.", my mom patted my shoulder.


I sighed and waited for our order. We were also waiting for my other sister and my dad. Why is Y/N taking so long? I sit back and remembered everything.

 

*FLASHBACK*


"Y/N had an amnesia.", the older woman said as the hotness of the coffee burned my tongue.

"What did you say?", I made sure that what I heard was real. "Y/N had an amnesia?"

"Yes, but I can't tell you the real reason. It's confidential.", the older woman said as she stood up immediately. "I'm sorry. I have to go home now."

"Wait! So you're telling me that she can't remember anything that has happened on us?", I stopped her as the tears flowed out from both of my eyes. "You're saying that she don't really know me? That, all of those moments were gone?"

"I'm sorry. She's not the Y/N you once knew. And please, don't ever mention anything to her. Don't force her to remember you. She's a sad kid.", she said.

"No! We don't have to lie-"

"It's not a lie if we keep it from her. Besides, she's happy the way she is now. She's not asking about those things anymore."

"She has to remember me.", I cried.

"I need to go.", she walked and turned back to me once again. "I swear to God, she'll hate you once you'll make her remember those things. Don't let that happen. I'll hate you too."

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

 


Y/N POV


After releasing everything inside the comfort room, I headed back to our table and saw Jihyo and her mom talking seriously. I paused for awhile since I don't want to interrupt them until there's an older man and another girl whom I guess has the same age with me joined them.


"Hey! What are you doing over there? You should come here now!", Jihyo called me as I walked slowly and bowed to everyone.

"Wait, you look so familar.", the girl said as she examined my face. "Woah! Aren't you-"

"She's Y/N, my new friend.", Jihyo interrupted her and winked at her. "Y/N, this is my sister."

"Hello.", I waved at her.

"Since the food is already here, we should eat and spend the rest of our day after this.", Jihyo clapped her hands then whispered something on her sister.

 

"Y/N, you have the same age with my sister.", Jihyo and I walked together entering some boutiques. "It means, you're also a graduating student."

"Yes, I'll graduate next month already.", I smiled at her.

"What do you want as a graduation gift? I know you worked really hard.", Jihyo asked me.

"Oh no! I don't really want to ask something from you. It's not that special though.", I stopped her. 

"Eh? Fine. What course do you want to take?"

"Mass Communication. I want to be a journalist.", I smiled as it feels like I'm dreaming. "I love writing."

"You write?", Jihyo gasped as she listened to me attentively. "Why do you write?"

"Writing makes me enter another world. A world where I thought was perfect enough for me to live. Where my emotions are spilling allover making rainbows on the platform. But I can't deny the fact that a storm could come. We don't have to lie on ourselves that this is the cycle of life."