Chapter 22: I'll Embrace You

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)


Y/N POV


"Where did Mina plan to take you?", Jihyo said while we're walking around the city.

"To the park.", I answered.

"Oh, yes, I forgot that she told me that.", she nodded. "Should we go to the park then?"

"Are you following Mina's idea? Bad Jilous.", I annoyed her. 

"Hey! I'm not. I just want to play on the playground. You know, sometimes I could be childish."

"It's still on the park with a different idea. I guess you don't want to plagiarize her then.", I again making her glare at me. "Sorry."

"Ahh! I guess I don't want to play here anymore Y/N. This place is packed with kids.", she pouted as we arrived on the playground.

"What's wrong with that?", I asked her.

"We couldn't enjoy as much as we'd want to."

"Nah! It's okay! Come on!", I grabbed her hand and went to the swing.

"But, I want to go to the seesaw!", she insisted. "Swing is boring."

"I don't know. Sometimes, I would think deep about the seesaw. You are not free with that.", I told her.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Cause you know, seesaw's movement is like, when someone goes down, someone goes up. It's selfishness. Don't you think so?"

"You're deep in words.", she mouthed slowly.

"It's just the way I've noticed. That there's only one person between the two who's carrying the weight of the world.", words keep flowing from my mouth as Jihyo carefully listened. "And that person was, the one who's on below while the other one is enjoying the breeze of the wind above. Unlike swings, we could be free and we use our efforts by kicking down on the ground."

"Yah! Y/N! Stop that! You could be an author because of what you are saying!", she laughed out of nowhere.


If she only knew that I am an author and I wrote some stories about her and the other members, she would've understood what I was saying.

 

 


Jihyo's POV


Your words resemble someone. Yes, that someone is the author I really liked. Even though she's not updated right now, I would always search for her.


"Because I like writing.", Y/N said. "Remember, I'm taking journalism right now."

"Oh! I forgot about that. Well, tell me, have you written a story before?", I asked her. "The way you say, the emotions you bring through your words. It's different yet I'm familiar with that. Nevermind."

"Look at those children!", she grinned pointing at the playing children. "I would look stupid if I act like that right now."


It wouldn't be stupid for me since it would remind me how we were like that back when we were young ones.


"Would you like to have some children in the future Ji?", she asked making me want to puke.

"Hey! What are you talking about? Don't you think it's too early to talk about that?", I stared strangely at her. 

"Nothing. I just want to have a baby someday.", she looked up the skies. "With the right person."


I wouldn't mind looking at your childish grin. I wouldn't mind hearing your plans in the nearest future. If only I could be that person you'd want to be with, I'll embrace you all the time.


"Y/N, can I ask you a favor?", I started to summon myself.

"It depends on the favor.", she laughed. "Just kidding. Go on."

"I-i...", I avoided her focus. "I don't want you to call Mina as Minari or even baby and please don't hang out with her more often."

"Eh?! You really are a jealous kind of person! I did not expect this!"

"I'm serious. You know. Other people might recognize Mina together with you and maybe one day they would overhear you calling her as 'Minari' or 'baby' so of course, they will suspect you.", I reasoned out.

"You got a good point there. I'll try then.", she smiled peacefully. "It's about to rain. We should head back now."

 

 

"Yah! Ji! Where have you been?! Oh! And Y/N! You're also here now.", Nayeon exclaimed as we opened the front door. "Geez. You haven't even told us that you went with Y/N, Ji! You scared us!"


"I'm sorry.", I apologized at them and I got distracted when I saw Mina staring at us.

"You guys shouldn't worry too much for me. I'm always in good hands.", Y/N smiled at them. "Besides, I won't go with anyone else except together with you guys."

"We have to eat now guys.", Mina interrupted. "I know Momo's hungry already."

"How did you know?", Momo asked Mina. "Oh yes yes. Let's eat."

 

 


Y/N POV


"Yah! Jihyo! Did you know that I have read your favorite author's fanfic about me?", Momo said out of nowhere. "It's incredible."


What? Jihyo reads fan fictions and she even have a favorite author? Whatever, that author might be a Korean knowing that the Twice members would only read Korean stuffs.


"What the heck? Momo reads?", Jeongyeon gulped her food immediately. "That's unbelievable."

"Duh. If it's not because I was bored.", she rolled her eyes towards Jeongyeon. "But seriously, the story's plot is so realistic."

"You guys are reading fan fictions?", I asked them.

"Not all of us. Only Jihyo.", Nayeon corrected me. "She's crazy waiting for her favorite author's new story. Every time she's connected to the internet, she would directly open that author's profile."

"Woah. That's cool Ji! You're appreciating literary works!", I clapped my hands as she smiled.

"That's true Y/N! We are even thinking that she's got a stupid crush on that author.", Tzuyu added. "Wait, what's that author's username again?"

"It's ________.", Mina answered.


That username is so familiar. Where have I saw that before? Stupid! That's my username! How the hell?


"Her first published story was a fan fiction about me. Because of her work, I'm now imagining what if it truly happens? Lol. Don't mind me. Are you reading fanfics too Y/N?", Momo asked me. "Are you familiar with that author?"


How couldn't I be?! It's me! I don't know if I should feel good that they noticed my story or maybe I should feel bad that I'm making fake imaginations about them.


"Umm. I'm not really sure. Excuse me.", I excused myself from the dining room. "I'm full already."

 

 

I went directly to my profile and fixed my eyes on my username. I cannot tell them. I don't know what their reaction will be if ever they knew that I was fantasizing them.


"Y/N?", Jihyo peeked outside the door. "Would you like to watch a movie with me?"

"Oh! If it's okay with you. I could.", I grinned at her.

"Why wouldn't it be alright with me? Come on.", I went outside.

 


"No one's here?", I asked her as I examined the living room.

"Nope. They hang out outside. You know, night time is the safest time for us to go outside.", Jihyo brought some snacks. "So? What movie should we watch?"

"It's up to you Ji."

"Genre please?"

"Drama sounds good.", I gave her a thumbs up.

"Incredible. Unexpected. I guess I have no choice then.", she laughed as she switched the television on.


We watched a random Korean drama making the tension be solemn enough. No whispers, no cries, just eyes without being tied.

 

 


Jihyo's POV


"Oh my gosh! Excuse me Ji, I really have to use the CR!", Y/N jumped off the sofa and ran towards the comfort room.


Awhile ago, they were talking about the author whom I like. But, Y/N is incomparable to that author. Y/N is more important than the unknown author. I'll choose someone who has forgotten me than someone I didn't know and I haven't saw.


"Ugh. Forgetful girl.", I took the vibrating phone on my . "Why didn't she even lock her phone?"


I know it's bad to use something that doesn't belong to you but there's this magnet that couldn't let my fingers open to let this phone fall. I kept on scrolling through her phone for 10 minutes. Why isn't she here yet?


"What the heck.", I saw something that made me feel this indescribable feelings. "This can't be..."


The clock's ticking while I'm reading. While I'm reading, I noticed that I'm searching. Searching for something I lost. I'll search for that thing that I lost while the clock's ticking.